Dates & Venue: Thursday June 6 - Sunday June 9; The venue is part of Bolton Wanderers’ Reebok Stadium complex. There is ample onsite parking.
Player Registration All players must register by the appointed deadlines in order to participate in the event. Registration is conducted in the Practice Room with the tournament officials – not at the security desk where passes are distributed.
If you are ranked 33-96 (plus ties) in the UK Open Order of Merit or a Speedy Qualifier You MUST register at the venue as follows on Thursday June 6:
If you are drawn in the Preliminary Round or First Round, you must register before 6pm ahead of 7pm start.
If you are drawn in the Second Round (players 33-64 in UK Open Order of Merit), you must register before 8:30pm.
Please check the attached Schedule of Play for confirmation of which round your first game is due to be played in. If you are ranked 1-32 in the UK Open Order of Merit or a Second Round winner. You MUST register at the venue as follows on Friday June 7:
If you are drawn to play in the first game on your board (approx 7pm) you must register before 6pm. If you are drawn to play in the second game on your board (approx 8pm) you must register before 7pm. If you are drawn to play in the third game on your board (approx 9pm) you must register before 8pm. If you are drawn to play in the fourth game on your board (approx 10pm) you must register before 9pm.
Any player who has not registered by the required time will be automatically eliminated from the Tournament. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
ALL SPEEDY QUALIFIERS MUST ATTEND A PRE-TOURNAMENT BRIEFING IN THE LION OF VIENNA SUITE OF THE REEBOK STADIUM AT 4PM ON THURSDAY. ATTENDANCE AT THIS IS MANDATORY. PLEASE COME ALONE AS THE VENUE DOES NOT OPEN FOR GUESTS UNTIL 6PM. THERE WILL BE LUNCH FROM 3:30PM, FOLLOWED BY A BREIFING FROM THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR AND YOU WILL BE ISSUED YOUR SHIRT.
Format & Schedule Thursday June 6 (7pm-11pm) Preliminary & First Rounds Featuring players ranked 65-114 in UK Open Order of Merit plus 32 Speedy Qualifiers. Second Round Featuring players ranked 33-64 in UK Open Order of Merit plus 32 First Round winners. All games are the best of nine legs in the Preliminary, First & Second Rounds, played across eight boards. Friday June 7 (7pm-11pm)
Third Round Featuring players ranked 1-32 in UK Open Order of Merit plus 32 Second Round winners. Best of 17 legs, played across eight boards. 2
Saturday June 8 Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm) Fourth Round (Last 32) Best of 17 legs, played across four boards. Evening Session (7pm-11pm) Fifth Round (Last 16) Best of 17 legs, played across two boards. Sunday June 9 Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm) Quarter-Finals Best of 19 legs. Evening Session (7pm-11pm) Semi-Finals Best of 19 legs. Final Best of 21 legs. Prize Fund Winner - £40,000 Runner-Up - £20,000 Semi-Finalists - £10,000 Quarter-Finalists - £6,000 Last 16 - £4,000 Last 32 - £2,000 Last 64 - £1,000 Total - £200,000
Nine Dart Finish - Should any player achieve a nine-dart finish during the tournament, they will receive a prize of £5,000. If more than one player achieves the feat, the bonus will be split pro-rata between the players involved. To clarify: if one player achieves the feat twice and another once, the player who has achieved it twice will be entitled to a two-third share of the prize fund, regardless of the stages of the tournament when he achieved the feat. This prize fund does not count towards any Order of Merit. Prize money will be paid by BACS by the PDC within two weeks after the conclusion of the tournament. All prize money will be subject to a 3% PDPA levy. Non-PDPA members who win prize money should request a Bank Details form to complete and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-UK players will be subject to a 20% deduction from their prize money under UK tax law. Schedule
The Schedule of Play for Thursday June 6 is attached. From the Third Round onwards, the order of games and board allocations will be displayed on www.pdc.tv following the draw, and will also be displayed in the Practice Room.
Tournament Rules 1. Players who have not registered by the time specified on this Players Brief will automatically be eliminated from the tournament. 3 2. The draw for the preliminary round, round one and round two of this event was made on May 6, and is displayed on www.pdc.tv. The third round onwards will be redrawn for each round, with the draws to take place during the event on stage. 3. This event is included in the PDC Order of Merit and is played under DRA rules. 4. There will be no tie break rule employed in any match.
5. The player on the left of the draw will throw first for the bull. Only darts which land within the inner or outer bull will count – should both players fail to hit the inner or outer bull they will throw again until they can be separated. The first dart will be removed in all instances of throwing for the bull. The player who throws nearest the bull will have the choice to throw first or second in the match proper. The order of throw will alternate throughout the match and there will be no further bull–ups.
6. Each player will receive nine practice darts before each match.
7. All games will be straight start, finish on a double and the bull will count as double 25.
8. The winning player from all floor matches must immediately report their result to the Control Desk. Failure to do so could result in disqualification from the event.
9. Players should stay in the vicinity of their assigned board during sessions in which they are participating. There may be no-shows and games may finish ahead of estimated times. Any player who is not in position ready to play their game at the correct time may be eliminated. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH PLAYER TO ENSURE THEY ARE AWARE OF ANY NO-SHOWS ON THEIR BOARD OR OTHER INCIDENCES WHICH MAY AFFECT THE RUNNING TIME OF PLAY.
10. The official at the board may give up to five minutes grace from the conclusion of the previous match, or in the case of the first match of the session the scheduled start time. Once that time has elapsed, any player not present will see their opponent awarded one leg. Should the player remain absent for a further five minutes, then his opponent will be awarded a further leg, and this shall continue until either the absent player arrives or his opponent is awarded sufficient legs to win the match. If it becomes known that the absent player will not reach the stage within a period of time that would enable his match to take place, then the Tournament Director shall reserve the right to award a default win to his opponent.
11. No announcements whatsoever will be made for players; the official calling for players will do so only from the board of which he is in charge. Furthermore, it is not the official’s responsibility to look for players; it is the player’s responsibility to be present at their assigned board when their game is called.
12. Comfort breaks will not be granted once a player has reported at the board for play. There will be no breaks during floor games except in the case of emergencies.
13. Decisions regarding advertising breaks rest solely with Sky Sports. Every effort will be made to ascertain their intentions before each individual match, but this is not always possible. Players may either stay practising at the board during the break or go behind the stage to the private players’ area. Players must be back on stage and ready to throw when the programme restarts.
14. Please be aware that there may be music/videos played to the crowd during advertisement breaks. Player walk-on music is selected solely by Sky Sports and will be compliant with all relevant legal restrictions and editorial policies. Unfortunately no requests can be entertained for specific walk-on songs.
15. All players will be required to wear tournament sponsors logos on the upper right chest and right sleeve of their shirt, these logos will be provided by officials at the tournament. There are different positions for left handed players as per page six of this brief. 4
16. Players who have qualified through the amateur qualifiers will be required to wear a provided shirt during their participation in the event.
17. All players must make themselves available for Sky Sports filming should they be requested to do so. However, players will not be required to conduct interviews within 90 minutes of the start of their match should they choose not to.
18. Each player must wear their pass at all times whilst in the venue, except during their matches. Without it, players will not be able to gain access either to the Practice Room or the venue itself. All players and their guests must gain entry to the venue via the Players Entrance, which is the ‘South Entrance’ to the Premier Suite on the East Stand of the Stadium. It will be clearly marked. Security will be at this entrance and will dispense all player and guest passes.
19. Eliminated players may gain access to the main arena for remaining sessions of the tournament along with a maximum of ONE guest. This access is subject to capacity restrictions and no seat is guaranteed for players.
20. There is a smart/casual dress code permitted in the Practice Room however, no football colours will be permitted. Players eliminated from the tournament must change from their playing shirt to a regular shirt after their match and may not drink alcohol in any other part of the venue other than the Practice Room.
21. Foul language, loud, aggressive, drunken or other inappropriate behaviour in the venue or Practice Room from any player or guest will lead to their removal from the venue.
22. Decisions about the standard of dress will be made by the steward supervising entrance to this room and they will have full discretion to permit or deny entrance to these areas.
23. PDC security staff are under strict instruction not to admit anyone who does not have a pass or is incorrectly dressed. Please avoid any confrontations or disappointments by adhering to the rules and by making sure that all guests do the same.
24. Absolutely no alcoholic drinks must be taken from the Practice Room except by the Players Marshall.
25. Players may only use the Practice Room on the days they are playing in the event. Due to pressures of space and as a courtesy to other players still competing in the tournament, players are requested not to try to gain admission to the Practice Room on days when they are not competing. The Practice Room will be open from 3pm on Thursday and Friday and 9am on Saturday and Sunday.
26. Players will be held responsible for the behaviour of their guests and the PDPA has requested that all players observe this and all rules of the event.
27. The Rules and Regulations, including the Code of Conduct, of the Darts Regulation Authority apply throughout this Tournament. If you require a copy of the DRA Rulebook, visit thedra.co.uk.
28. Player guest pass distribution will be as follows: THURSDAY Practice Room: Player Only Venue ticket: Three per player
FRIDAY Practice Room: Player + One guest Venue ticket: Three per player (in addition to Practice Room guest) 5
SATURDAY AFTERNOON Practice Room: Player + Two guests Venue ticket: Three per player (in addition to Practice Room guest)
SATURDAY EVENING Practice Room: Player + Two guests Venue ticket: Three per player (in addition to Practice Room guest)
SUNDAY Practice Room: Player + Two guests Venue ticket: Six per player (in addition to Practice Room guests) The venue tickets are in addition to the Practice Room tickets. For example, a player on Friday can bring four guests in total, but only one can accompany them to the Practice Room.
Due to the number of players playing on Thursday night and as a courtesy to all players, no guests are permitted in the Practice Room that night.
ADDITIONAL TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH THE PDC’S OFFICIAL BOX OFFICE SEE TICKETS ON 0844 871 8807.
Due to pressures of space and the need to maintain a professional environment in the Players Lounge, additional requests for passes will be politely refused.
NO CHILDREN WHO USE A PUSHCHAIR OR PRAM WILL BE PERMITTED IN TO THE PLAYERS LOUNGE. PARENTS/GUARDIANS WITH UNSUPERVISED OR UNRULY CHILDREN WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PLAYERS LOUNGE ALONG WITH THE CHILDREN CONCERNED.
After consultation, the PDC reserve the right to add or amend any or all of these playing rules to meet any purpose deemed necessary at the time by the PDC’s Board of Directors.
Dress Code All players must bring two differently coloured shirts with them to each match, in the event that one of the shirts is not suitable because of advertising regulations or a colour clash with a higher ranked player. In the event that a player’s shirt is deemed not to be compliant with the PDC’s regulations, they will be requested to change (and offered an alternative shirt to wear if necessary). In the event of a player refusing to change their shirt they will be subject to disciplinary action.
No jeans, sports trainers or other casual trousers are allowed on stage. Players are encouraged to be as smart and innovative as possible in their attire, and any player who wishes to deviate from the standard black trousers, black footwear dress code must consult with the Tournament Director well in advance of their match to obtain permission.
Shirt Regulations Players Shirts Players must adhere strictly to the following regulations or they may be required to change shirts. In the event a player cannot produce a shirt which adheres to the regulations, the PDC will provide a plain shirt for the player to wear.
6 Players must complete and return the Acceptance Form prior to the start of the event detailing which sponsors patches they will be wearing and the field of business in which they operate.
ANY PLANT HIRE OR SALES SPONSOR OTHER THAN THE TITLE SPONSOR OF THE EVENT SHALL ONLY BE WORN ON THE PLAYER’S LEFT SLEEVE (OR RIGHT CHEST FOR LEFT-HANDED PLAYERS).
If any player is unsure about this, advice should be sought from the Tournament Director prior to the start of the event.
Number and Location of Patches Players will be permitted to wear up to four of their own patches on their shirt. Additionally, the PDC will provide players with up to two patches which must be worn. Players should position their own logos in the following order of priority: Lower Right chest (position 2) Upper Left chest (position 3) Lower Left chest (position 4) Left Sleeve (position 6)
The PDC’s two logos will be positioned as follows: Upper Right chest (Speedy Services, tournament sponsor – position 1)
THE PDC IS PROVIDING PLAYERS WITH SPEEDY SERVICES PATCHES FOR THIS EVENT. THESE PATCHES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT THE TOURNAMENT BY THE PLAYERS’ MARSHAL. THIS PATCH MUST BE SECURELY AFFIXED ON TO POSITION ONE OF THE SHIRT. SHOULD PLAYERS WISH TO HAVE THIS LOGO PRINTED ON TO THEIR SHIRTS IN ADVANCE THEY SHOULD CONTACT DAVE ALLEN (DAVE.ALLEN@PDC.TV) TO ARRANGE TO HAVE THE LOGO EMAILED TO THEM. FOR LEFT HANDED PLAYERS, POSITION SIX IS WHERE THE SPEEDY SERVICES PATCH WILL BE WORN.
General Advertising Regulations Logos must NOT exceed six square inches in total area - this includes any background surrounding the logo. Acceptable dimensions are 6x1 inches, 2.45 x 2.45 inches, 4.55 x 1.33 inches, 3 x 2 inches. No other dimensions will be accepted.
No advertising logos are allowed on a player’s back or collar. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WEAR A SHIRT WHICH WILL NEED LOGOS COVERING UP AS THIS DOES NOT COME ACROSS PROFESSIONALLY ON TELEVISION.
7 No slogans (eg Drive Bill's cars) are allowed, only the company details (eg Bill's Cars). Players’ individual logos which define their identity, for example initials, are permitted in moderation on their shirts.
Colour Clashes Players are no longer permitted to wear shirts on stage which are deemed to be too similar to each other. Therefore, all players are requested to bring two shirts with them to each event, and in the event of the Tournament Director deeming there to be a clash in shirts, the player ranked lower in the PDC Order of Merit at 9am on the first day of the event will be required to change his shirt.
If the main colours of the players’ shirts clash, the Tournament Director will use his discretion to decide whether or not other aspects of the shirt (design, patterns, trim, other colours etc) make the shirts significantly different enough to each other to permit them to be worn. Players are asked not to play in plain white shirts.
Maker’s Names Players will not be permitted to take to the stage with a ‘maker’s name’ logo (i.e. Umbro, Nike etc) showing. In all cases, this should be covered up with a sponsor’s patch. Where a patch is not available, the player will not be permitted to wear the shirt and the PDC will provide an alternative shirt.
Main Stage Players Players appearing on the main stage must present their shirts for inspection by the Players Marshall who will note the colours/logos and arrange for any alterations that may be necessary. A second check will be made when the Sky Sports Floor Manager calls both players forward for their walk-ons.
Player Behaviour Players are reminded that it is their own responsibility to behave at all times in an acceptable manner so as to not bring the sport in to disrepute.
Players must not drink alcohol anywhere in the venue other than the Players Lounge/Practice Room. This is an offence which will also be subject to disciplinary action.
If necessary the Tournament Director has the power to stop a game and award the match to the opponent of any player whom the Tournament Director decides is behaving in a way which is damaging to the sport, the PDC, its sponsors or Sky Sports.
Following the completion of the final, both players must remain on stage until they are released from their obligations to the television and media by the PDC’s Chief Executive. Failure to do this will result in the player concerned being reported to the DRA.
Code Of Conduct By agreeing to participate in this event players agree to the rules of the Darts Regulation Authority (DRA), including the Code of Conduct.
Any queries will be handled by Tommy Cox, the PDC’s Tournament Director on XXXXXXX (during office hours). Alternatively players can contact the PDC’s Head Office on XXXXXXXXXX
8 Speedy Services UK Open - ACCEPTANCE FORM I have read and understood the rules and conditions of my invitation to play in the Speedy Services UK Open. In consideration of my invitation to participate, I hereby consent to the use of any media of my name, image, biography, photograph, fair likeness and/or voice:
1.1 by the PDC for the promotion generally of itself, its events or activities; 1.2 by sponsors and broadcasters of any PDC events or activities in connection with their sponsorship and/or broadcast and/or promotion of the same; and
1.3 by commercial partners of the PDC for the purpose of the promotion of products or services officially endorsed by the PDC and carrying the PDC name of logo; without limit in time or territory. I hereby agree to waive unconditionally and irrevocably all of my moral rights in relation to such use. I also understand that all broadcasting and video rights for the event, remain with the promoters and the broadcasters.
I acknowledge the rule regarding the use of darts with black or tarnished points and I undertake to play using darts with silver points throughout this event.
I have paid particular attention to the Registration Times detailed in this document and specifically Rule 10 regarding attendance for matches, and I understand that should I not register by the appointed registration time or am not in position ready to play any game when called to do so, then I WILL be automatically eliminated from the Tournament and forfeit any and all Prize Monies which may be due.
I further understand that it is wholly my responsibility to meet both of these conditions and that I am aware that no calls to any Board will be made by any Officials or by the Public Address system.
I hereby accept the invitation to compete and in doing so accept all rules and conditions unreservedly, along with the rules and Code of Conduct set out in the official DRA Rule Book.
AMATEUR QUALIFIERS ONLY: I understand that I will be provided with a shirt to wear during my participation in this tournament. I shall only be permitted to place an extra four logos other than the tournament sponsors logos on this shirt and none of these sponsors shall be in the same business sector as the tournament sponsors.
Name: Signed: Dated: Contact Number For Duration of Tournament: Please return this form to: XXXXXXXX
It is mandatory to sign and submit this acceptance form in order to participate in the event.