Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
13 Dec 17 22:47
Date Joined: 14 Aug 11
| Topic/replies: 424,848 | Blogger: wisewords's blog
What are these doping allegations all about?
Share |
Show More
Report lurka December 14, 2017 3:01 PM GMT
He said he's had asthma since a child but only mentioned it in the last 3-4 years, didn't mention it to David Walsh who wrote his autobiography but wrote chapters on Bilharzia, a disease he had for years which is used to explain why he was a donkey for years and then suddenly transformed into the greatest cyclist in history in the space of 2 weeks in Aug/Sept 2011. I find it very strange that he didn't mention his asthma before then but mentioned another disease as holding him back in his early career. It took years for him to cure his bilharzia despite the treatment being a single dose of pills and very straightforward.

I doubt he has asthma but I think he uses asthma drugs to lose weight in between races and here he also withdrew blood out of competition while he had large amounts of salbutamol in his system. He lost time to Nibali in the Vuelta the day before he tested positive and reinfused that blood that night to ensure he won the race. He was a different man and gained back all the time he lost and more the following day, when he tested positive. I think he forgot about the salbutamol in his blood (bag) and used an inhaler on the day in question, using what he thought was the permitted amount but the salbutamol in his bloodstream from the blood bag pushed him up to twice the legal limit. It is nigh on impossible to take the amount of salbutamol he had in his system from an inhaler alone. That is what Joerg Jasche, a former blood doper cyclist, thinks and it's the most plausible story imo.

He is the biggest fraud I have ever seen in any sport but he will probably be able to weasel his way out of a 2 year ban by muddying the waters by either blaming someone else like a doctor or with legal argument and get a ban short enough to allow him to compete next summer.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Instance ID: 13539

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now