Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fatboy
07 Feb 19 15:15
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: fatboy's blog
I have an error message from my trading software starting at 10.40:38 and and then another lot of error messages at 10.42:35 and then i have bets matched at 10.45.
So i'm contesting that these bets were matched after the Outage and should of been deleted from the market as Betfair's rules state.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View How many people had bets matched...
Show More
Report Darlo Bantam February 8, 2019 12:37 AM GMT
I placed two bets into the market at 10:40. One of them had a timeout error on the API (I thought both at the time but turns out only one) and the other was eventually matched.
I can't find the exact times of the bets, but same as you, I placed at 10:40 and was matched at 10:45 despite not being able to access the site via API, mobile or desktop.
Report Darlo Bantam February 8, 2019 9:08 PM GMT
Looks like some people have been compensated. Not all customers are equal.
Report drever February 9, 2019 9:35 AM GMT
i had same bet showed as loss originally but corrected yesterday and voided
Report BJT February 10, 2019 4:11 AM GMT
Similar story, nothing voided here.
Report fatboy February 11, 2019 11:13 AM GMT
Have either of you have a call back from Betfair yet?
Report fatboy February 11, 2019 11:14 AM GMT
Can all of you check the times that the bets were placed and then what ti they were matched and then post them on here i think it will help all of us!
Report drever February 12, 2019 4:52 PM GMT
my bet that was voided was placed @ 10.40 am, it was a losing lay in the windies v pak womens odi
Report Darlo Bantam February 12, 2019 11:56 PM GMT
Two bets placed at 10:40 literally less than a second apart. Both on the Big Bash market that morning.

One was matched at 10:45
The second never hit the market at all because the API failed. The fact one hit the market the other failed shows exactly what time the API failed.
Report fatboy February 13, 2019 2:50 PM GMT
Darlo have your bets been voided?
Report fatboy February 13, 2019 2:51 PM GMT
Drever can you check the bet to see what time it was matched please
Report Darlo Bantam February 13, 2019 9:29 PM GMT

Feb 13, 2019 -- 8:50AM, fatboy wrote:

Darlo have your bets been voided?

No.

Report fatboy February 14, 2019 8:06 AM GMT
Hi Darlo im not sure where you are with Betfair but i have had one call and i'm awaiting a second (which i'm not expecting to be very fruitful) my next course of action will be to go to IBAS and then following that legal action. There is no doubt that we aren't the only people to have been effected. Are you continuing to pursue they matter? If you are i think it will make sense for us to keep each other informed as our cases seem very similar and we might be able to aid each other.
Report Darlo Bantam February 14, 2019 10:00 AM GMT
To be honest I've not particularly raised it. I did try on Twitter and they weren't interested, just pointed me in the direction of their rules which I said weren't used in this instance because I was matched while the API was down and couldn't log in to the website as a back up.

It's not a huge amount - a couple of days loss - so I'm not sure it's worth the stress when Betfair rarely accept they're wrong.
Report fatboy February 14, 2019 11:54 AM GMT
Fair enough - for me it was a considerable amount of money equal to 2-3 months money so im not prepared to let it go. Also there is the principal of it. Their rules state unmatched should be thrown from the market which they undoubtedly weren't. I will be pointing betfair to this thread as a way of highlighting im not the only person this has happened too.
If you like i will keep you updated
Report drever February 14, 2019 2:06 PM GMT
Fatboy ive checked the bet it was matched @ 10.51
Report fatboy February 14, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
Thanks for the reply Drever can you just confirm you had a bet placed at 10.40 and it was matched at 10.51 and then this bet was then voided?
Report Darlo Bantam February 14, 2019 2:20 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2019 -- 5:54AM, fatboy wrote:

Fair enough - for me it was a considerable amount of money equal to 2-3 months money so im not prepared to let it go. Also there is the principal of it. Their rules state unmatched should be thrown from the market which they undoubtedly weren't. I will be pointing betfair to this thread as a way of highlighting im not the only person this has happened too. If you like i will keep you updated

Thank you. Good luck to you.

Report drever February 14, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
Hi Fatboy here are the full details of the bet
lay windies women £500 @ 1.06 bet placed @ 10.40
bet taken @ 10.51, initially settled as a loser but corrected and shown as void next day
i can remember leaving bet in @ 1.06 when market was about 1.12 then wandering off for a few minutes
came back to find betfair playing up and couldnt place any more bets then very suprised to find the bet had been matched
then market suspended
Report fatboy February 14, 2019 4:43 PM GMT
Cheers Drever for that! it just highlights that some bets are cancelled and other have not been. This also seems to apply to certain people have had their bets voided and some others have not.
Report fatboy February 15, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
Hi Fellas i have an update i have been refunded the money from the bets that were matched during the outage. I had to persist and it took a lot phones call.
More importantly for you i told the manager that both of you had a very similar problem. I said i would be informing you of the outcome she said she would look into your cases.
The managers name was Christina so you will need to call customer service and ask for her directly and say it was to do with bets matched in the outage.
Thanks for sharing your details hope you get it sorted!
Report drever February 15, 2019 6:34 PM GMT
splendid news hope i was of assistance
Report Darlo Bantam February 15, 2019 7:16 PM GMT
Nice one. Glad you got it sorted.
Report fatboy February 16, 2019 2:28 AM GMT
Drever you was of assistance i do you you are not out of pocket because Christiana said she will look into your case the same applies to you Darlo.
All we want is things to be fair!
Report jucel69 February 16, 2019 2:34 AM GMT
Well done fatboy, if you hadn't complained they would have kept your dosh!
Wonder what happened to the other side of your transaction?
Bet they voided the winner and kept your money.
Stinks to high heaven
Report jucel69 February 16, 2019 2:35 AM GMT
I'm still unhappy about them voiding a CMM in the BBL. I was effectively betting on something I couldn't possibly win.
Cost me 10k in winningsAngry
They can do what they want to a certain extent, they have a monopoly on trading
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com