Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
detraveller
06 Aug 18 10:08
| Topic/replies: 14,709 | Blogger: detraveller's blog
India win by 321 runs
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 66  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 66 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,619
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 06 Aug 18 11:31
Very pleased to add a decent amount more on the Draw @ 5.8 the other day after the repeat of the weather forecast. Market has come in only very slowly until today. Ideal would be a rain delay from the get-go but Lords seems to be right on the edge of the thinnest indicator, so I'm ready to exit early if the market over-anticipates.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Aug 18 12:58
I've layed the draw at 5.2 for 600 liability.

Also, my account seems to have a bit more money than I thought I had. Turns out I forgot a bet I had placed and it won. Don't know if that borders on degeneracy or pro-ness.
By:
trader pj
When: 06 Aug 18 15:54
all this talk of Rain even at this stages is highly exaggerated imo the draw will come back out eventually
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Aug 18 15:56
Looking forward to this. Will be there Thursday and Friday if anybody is going.

Interesting to see if the ball will continue to swing. I am wondering if the amount of water they dumped on the outfield helped and also if the brown wicket as opposed to straw colour helped the ball to seam?

Well done Curran but how will he cope should the ball not swing? I am intrigued. Even at 80mph the swinging ball is deadly and dangerous. If it does not I suspect it might travel although he bowled good lines and I was impressed with his contribution. Even Anderson and Broad look ordinary on a flat deck.

I am still inclined to lay England or back India maybe this time. Will need to see the pitch, it could be a belter. Not looked at the weather yet. I think India at 3.15 is a great bet with plenty of room to exit with a small loss if need be. If India bat first I suggest Engerland are way too short at just over evens!

India do have problems but they do seem to have recognised the need to move the front foot a long way toward the ball. I am worried about Dharwan but this could be his pitch. I think Jadeja will come in. Lords has short square boundaries so I am not sure Kuldeep plays.

Anyone got any news? Injera your pitch theorey?

I haven't seen any of Pope but Malan was a dumb inclusion. They could have had Ali to help Rashid. I hope Pope does well he sounds a promising talent with intelligence and we need that! I wouldn't play Woakes this time unless it was for Broad. Ali and Pope for Stokes and Malan for me. You could always bat Ali at 4 though he seems to do better around 7.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Aug 18 16:00
The possibility of rain may in fact help swing and so help shorten the match. The ground is bone dry. the water table is low and Lords drains well. They will come off for rain but will be back shortly after it stops imho. I would be more worried about a Grant type IPL Road!
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 06 Aug 18 18:44
If I trade this as well as I traded the last 2 days of the 1st I will be content. (that was a good red)  Might go with India, Lords inspires away teams, spins and Eng are so inconsistent they often follow a win with a loss.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Aug 18 21:52
Chance of rain brings with it overcast conditions. Lords has a great drainage system. I have personally lost all faith in teams playing out a draw when under pressure. I would try my best to lay the draw as low as i can. But I am not doing any back to lay, unless its with the green.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Aug 18 21:52
Currently my lays are at 4.8 and 5.2
By:
jucel69
When: 06 Aug 18 23:31
I'm backing India here. No Stokes, England are generally poor at Lords (thrashed by the Pakis here a few months ago) + a turning deck.
India will play 2 spinners and that could cause England all sorts of problems.
Not worried about the weather at the moment, although I will keep an eye on it during the game (for a quick trade).
As above, drains quickly and can extend play easily in summertime.
By:
detraveller
When: 06 Aug 18 23:39
REPORTED
By:
jucel69
When: 06 Aug 18 23:49

Aug 6, 2018 -- 12:44PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

If I trade this as well as I traded the last 2 days of the 1st I will be content. (that was a good red)

By:
detraveller
When: 06 Aug 18 23:49
Laugh
By:
trader pj
When: 07 Aug 18 12:11
the forecast looks really uncertain - even the forecasters don't seem to know whether or not the rain bands will hit London
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 07 Aug 18 14:55
Yes. Probably best to keep the powder dry but I am pretty sure there will be a result. I think I shall bet on the team winning the toss and batting first!

I got a small upfront bet on India as I think Lords will suit them better.

The task should I choose to accept it is to not lose last week's winningsLaugh!
By:
Injera
When: 07 Aug 18 15:50
Pitch conditions far less relevant when batsmen persist in getting themselves out!

I still think many of us retain a belief that test match batsmen can bat for 6+ hours. Outside of India it doesn't seem to happen much. That naivety clouds our view of the betting side of things (certainly does mine).

So many soft wickets at Birmingham with some jaffas thrown in. 31 runs separated the teams. Either team could have won by 150 runs or 5 wickets.

With these 2 sides, with this Summer, with the Duke ball swinging around corners and spin very much in play...expected the unexpected! Not sure either side is really good enough to dominate the other.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 07 Aug 18 17:07
It's happening less and less in England for any player to book himself in for bed n breakfast
By:
mafeking
When: 07 Aug 18 17:26
none of these games will need more than 4 full days play unless it's unbelievably flat. if it's an on off game here difficult for batsmen to stop and start again and bowlers get time to rest

england struggle to bat much more than 100 overs at the best of times and kohli apart all the other indians looked suspect when the ball's doing anything
By:
trader pj
When: 07 Aug 18 18:08
DRAW?! haha I'm nailing 4/1 to the board. I have just been to see Ocean Finance to fund my operation
By:
peckerdunne
When: 07 Aug 18 20:38
Did they hand out life jackets at Ocean? Grin
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 07 Aug 18 20:54
Really confused about this now. Have no idea what India are planning and think I need to stay out of this market and get a life jacket.
By:
detraveller
When: 07 Aug 18 23:00
The forecast says it could rain the first couple of sessions. That means overcast sessions. That means the game could well be over before tea?
By:
jucel69
When: 07 Aug 18 23:17

Aug 7, 2018 -- 5:00PM, detraveller wrote:

The forecast says it could rain the first couple of sessions. That means overcast sessions. That means the game could well be over before tea?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dj_dwrlUYAAqaUX.jpg

looks green at the moment!

By:
jucel69
When: 07 Aug 18 23:19

Aug 7, 2018 -- 5:17PM, jucel69 wrote:

Aug  7, 2018 -- 11:00PM, detraveller wrote:The forecast says it could rain the first couple of sessions. That means overcast sessions. That means the game could well be over before tea?https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dj_dwrlUYAAqaUX.jpglooks green at the moment!

https://scroll.in/field/889621/india-unlikely-to-play-an-extra-batsman-on-bowler-friendly-lords-pitch-says-bowling-coach-arun

By:
Garden Of Gulab
When: 07 Aug 18 23:40
Rain expected throughout day 1, and is also forecast for day 5 according to bbc weather.
By:
jucel69
When: 07 Aug 18 23:46

Aug 7, 2018 -- 5:40PM, Garden Of Gulab wrote:

Rain expected throughout day 1, and is also forecast for day 5 according to bbc weather.

Seems to change on every update, I'll just try and use the radar.
Unless it changes dramatically for the worse

By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 08 Aug 18 00:58
Pakistan have beaten England 3 times over here in last 2 years in 6 tests ..............how can I not lay Eng after digesting that fact?
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Aug 18 04:48
Greened up for now. Minuscule, but after seeing the deck I want to see what happens at the toss.
If Eng win and insert it means they have to bat last, which could be tricky. They could however roll India & take the 4th inns out of the equation.
Think I'm going to wait it out.
The weather seems to have improved so I can't see a draw between these two batting lineups.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 08 Aug 18 05:32
The weather will just help swing and seam bowlers! I think India should bring Pujara in for Pandya but I think the latter may be Kohli's bum boy. I might be inclined to play Jadeja but really need to see how much grass and what colour the pitch is. If it is green and overcast then 3 seamers will do the job. I think India need the extra batsman or the series could be lost.

One thing I will say is that England had the best of batting conditions on day 1 of the last Test. If this is reversed they may well get a tonking. India also had worst of conditions in SA and came close. The Indian batting is the big question mark for me. Once the ball stops swinging then I believe they are the better side.

I don't think I want to put too much money up and become shark bait! Sticking with a small unfulfilled order on India ante post! Then it is wait and see!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 08 Aug 18 05:32
The weather will just help swing and seam bowlers! I think India should bring Pujara in for Pandya but I think the latter may be Kohli's bum boy. I might be inclined to play Jadeja but really need to see how much grass and what colour the pitch is. If it is green and overcast then 3 seamers will do the job. I think India need the extra batsman or the series could be lost.

One thing I will say is that England had the best of batting conditions on day 1 of the last Test. If this is reversed they may well get a tonking. India also had worst of conditions in SA and came close. The Indian batting is the big question mark for me. Once the ball stops swinging then I believe they are the better side.

I don't think I want to put too much money up and become shark bait! Sticking with a small unfulfilled order on India ante post! Then it is wait and see!
By:
trader pj
When: 08 Aug 18 11:11
meteox has decent medium term rain forecasts
By:
trader pj
When: 08 Aug 18 12:00
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpvj0v07#?date=2018-08-09
By:
peckerdunne
When: 08 Aug 18 15:15
Not sure the rain whispers will amount to much overall.

WDs point and my thoughts re conditions for each knock as a big bearing on the outcome.

Still feel the need for India to shore up batting even more so now..

It looks like Jadeja as opposed to Pujara....
By:
peckerdunne
When: 08 Aug 18 15:18
Betting wise the choice is easy...

Risk not missing the boat now, pre toss.

Or be patient and lay England when silly season inevitably arrives.
By:
Injera
When: 08 Aug 18 17:45
Cooler so less humidity = Less swing?

juce's picture shows a green deck yesterday. Reckon they would have brushed that greenery out today and shaved a bit off.
By:
trader pj
When: 08 Aug 18 18:24

Aug 8, 2018 -- 9:18AM, peckerdunne wrote:

Betting wise the choice is easy...Risk not missing the boat now, pre toss.Or be patient and lay England when silly season inevitably arrives.

clever thinking !

By:
Fatslogger
When: 08 Aug 18 19:36
Looks pretty rainly tomorrow. Think there has to be a good chance of some drawn prices in the high 3s at least, just on weather. Will try to take on some more draw at 5s.
By:
green army
When: 08 Aug 18 19:54
looks like even the weather people have no idea about tomorrow. Beeb usually the best show rain starting around 10 and off and on all day. Usually over £1m traded by now, only £370k so far, but I agree draw could be 3. something by tomorrow
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 08 Aug 18 20:00
Got 5s on draw....very likely below 4's tomorrow looking at latest forecast.
By:
Injera
When: 08 Aug 18 20:08
Time lost early means 98 overs from then on. Draw backers beware.
Page 1 of 66  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 66 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now