Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DStyle
11 Jul 18 11:26
| Topic/replies: 27,019 | Blogger: DStyle's blog
iirc, is this not the tournament where markets tend to be a little 'volatile' and often 'suprisingly prescient'.....
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 84
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 12:32
Yes I do remember someone talking about a couple of filthy games. Which is why I am looking forward to it.
By:
tomtimtum
When: 11 Jul 18 13:47
If you thought that crap from Canada was filthy, you aint seen nothin yet!
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 14:11
Yeah I can imagine the communication problems they would have had while managing the fixes in Canada. This one is right at the home of fixing.
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 14:12
Same strategy for me. Lay under 1.2 whoever the feck gets there first.
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 14:15
Dindi opt to bat. Wtf they already done with the toss
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 14:50
1.75 to 1.5 after an 8 run first over.
By:
winningthought
When: 11 Jul 18 15:00
Are there any pictures?
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 15:01
Its on star sports but i can't get any of my online streams to work.
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 15:02
I am not betting on this game anyways as all my money is tied up elsewhere. Have just enough to lay low and wait for the fix kind of bets.
By:
winningthought
When: 11 Jul 18 15:11
hmmm. Star sports is about 20 seconds behind whenever I've watched any 'live' sport on it. That's a little bit too much for me.
By:
winningthought
When: 11 Jul 18 15:14
There's some Blast on atm and I was wondering the strange start time, almost wondering if it was a bank holiday. It was until comms said it was the biggest sporting event of the day did the penny drop Grin
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 11 Jul 18 15:47
u degens not doing the kent game?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 11 Jul 18 16:48
Fcuk No!

This is @hardcore

Wopping markets with a declaration of intent
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Jul 18 18:04
15 mill & counting on this Shocked.........no wonder the Blighty Blast game was suffering.
By:
DStyle
When: 11 Jul 18 18:23
betfair have settled this wrong have they not?
By:
teo813
When: 11 Jul 18 18:30
Yes DStyle they have settled this wrong
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 11 Jul 18 19:29
det - what's your trade-out strategy with early sub-1.2 lays? I've been setting quarter bets at every price-point that's double or double-plus-one relative to the matched lay, which averages out as a half-bet at double the odds, leaving a free half-win to trade aggressively if a flip looks likely.

Eg. lay £4 at each of 1.2, 1.17 and 1.14, and as each gets matched place £1 backs at 1.40, 1.41, 1.34, 1.35, 1.28, 1.29, or maybe aim to place 33p bets at every level from 1.28 to 1.41.
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jul 18 20:16
@VV I don't have a cash out strategy. Sometimes I just cover my red and let the free bet ride. Sometimes I know more wickets will fall so I wait. If I had a cash out strategy, I'd have registered wins in 10 of the 13 games in Canada, 9 of them being the ones where my entry was at low odds. The 3 games where I lost, and lost heavily, were all the ones where I backed around evens.

I am also not staking properly. I have given up quite a few greens because I made a big bet thinking im green and then seeing my green disappear. I am trying to work on that. Not easy to stay disciplined.

I've also lost heavily on yesterday's game, today's game, France's semifinal and Sir Federer. Thankfully there are a couple of tests coming up to help me calm down. Also need to prepare for two more exams and the library blocks betfair.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 11 Jul 18 21:46
My local libraries block gambling sites on their wired terminals but I seem to remember getting access using my laptop on their WiFi, although I may have an erroneous recollection about that as it was a few years ago. Worth a try.

Re. staking - I try to think in terms of purchasing a specific size of win for as cheap as I can get it whist risking the smallest percent of bank. Evens and shorter are a no-go. Think about this - let's say you were happy to risk half your entire bank to win the same amount at evens. Great if you win - you double your bank. But if you lose it's a disaster - not only is your bank halved but so also is your bet size. To get back to break even you now need to win two evens bets in a row at a half- bank each.

Instead you could split the bet up and aim for the same sized win five times if you waited for 1.2 and still only be risking the same total amount as the original evens bet (strictly speaking you should reduce the bet slightly after each loss, to be correct in your bet-sizing, but let's keep it simple for now). Each time a bet results in a free trade (i.e. your sake is recovered) you get another go for no extra risk. The win will of course only be a maximum of half the size unless market movements allow you to trade it up, but the aim is to preserve your bank whilst creating these trading chances cheaply. Sticking patiently to the plan can be tough if trains keep heading your way, but that's why the discipline is important.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Jul 18 22:42
My 1st betfairing was in a library as I never had home internet then....then  maybe 2 years later when I had an outage I went to the library & Betfair was blocked and they continue to be blocked Sad possibly a necessary evil if folk were gambling away their kids family allowance.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 13 Jul 18 14:52
No softies allowed....@Hardcore   Grin

Go Panthers
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jul 18 15:03
What were the starting odds?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 13 Jul 18 15:04
1.5 and bits
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jul 18 15:31
Ashwin has quite an impact on the market.
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jul 18 15:51
Dindi boys just don't drift. 3 boundaries in an over and odds hardly move.
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jul 18 16:23
No point trading this league if there's no action on the odds. When the batting team was cruising at the start, the odds refused to drift even after a 15 run over. Since the first wicket they've just fluctuated between 1.45 and 1.6.

Compare this to the canadian filth where even a dot ball moves the odds 10 ticks.
By:
peckerdunne
Yes, use it.
By:
detraveller
Maybe there will be more action in the second innings
By:
peckerdunne
When: 13 Jul 18 16:24
i promise consternation every game
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jul 18 16:25
I like some constipation in the first innings.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 13 Jul 18 16:26
you sound cramped Grin
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 15 Jul 18 02:53
I laid Ruby between 1.08 and 1.03 and traded out as high as 1.35 for a modest gain. The previous match ran me over for a small loss. Similar results to other events using my basic method, so I'm not going to write this league off just yet.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Jul 18 12:01
has anyone found streams for this filth?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 15 Jul 18 12:21
CRICMELIVE   had it   but then not  ???

good knock that
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Jul 18 12:58
chasing team going well here, shame got no pics!
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 15 Jul 18 16:17

Jul 15, 2018 -- 12:21PM, peckerdunne wrote:

CRICMELIVE   had it   but then not  ???good knock that

Should change its name to CRICMENOT then.

By:
detraveller
When: 15 Jul 18 17:21
Anyone doing this game?
By:
detraveller
When: 15 Jul 18 17:33
hola
By:
detraveller
When: 15 Jul 18 17:37
Any expert here?
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now