Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
detraveller
20 Jun 18 22:47
| Topic/replies: 12,961 | Blogger: detraveller's blog
Batting pitches. Bowlers turned into bowling machines(when they do the most physically demanding job in the sport).

SLC asking ICC where's the consistency in charging players with ball tampering. ICC once again will have no answers. Bancroft wasn't banned. Chandimal gets a test ban. Now ICC will have to ensure they stick to whatever decisions they made in Faf's case, otherwise they are struggling again with consistency.

Why not ban bubble gums? Why not disallow using saliva? I understand making ball tampering legal without any restrictions whatsoever might end up with teams bowling with a pear calling it a ball but some tampering needs to be allowed, or none at all. Discuss ffs.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Should ball Tampering be Legalised?...
Show More
Report donny osmond July 3, 2018 2:40 PM BST
i was always confused by teams getting rid of a ball that had gone out of shape,

maybe they need to allow bowlers an extra stride, if required, maybe this could be trialled in the 10 ball
over thingy at the end of the 100 ball thingy competition, with all runs doubled off such a ball.

should be random enough to attract a new audience....
Report Injera July 3, 2018 4:36 PM BST
No it shouldn't be legalised. But I do think teams should be allowed to bounce the ball into the square when throwing in. Reverse swing is fantastic to watch and should not be eliminated from the game.

There are plenty of legitimate ways to make the game a more even contest.

Use Dukes worldwide. Or tell Kookaburra to put a bigger seam on their balls (both white and red).
Juice up the pitches in the middle and leave dry at the ends.

What was odd in SA was that both bowling sides were world class and I didn't feel Australia had to ball tamper to win.

Cricket is at a crossroads. Are the formats of equal impoerance or are some more equal than others? Is it a sport just for batsmen? Are one day figures of 2-70 off 10 the new norm for what consitutes success?!
Report oitoitoi July 4, 2018 2:50 AM BST
No.

Problem is administrators who are looking to line their pockets rather than having the best interests of the game at heart, as well not really understanding what the game is or how it pulls people in.  ECB is one of the worst offenders and has been for a long time, e.g. their moronic 100 idea.

dukes ball doesn't last on most pitches around the world (much drier than england).
Report donny osmond July 4, 2018 9:15 PM BST
replace them more quickly , if required

give team 10 for the match, 2 innings, let them use as required

spares stashed in box on boundary
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now