Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FredRescue
08 Jun 18 12:07
| Topic/replies: 4,415 | Blogger: FredRescue's blog
Ireland Women's Cricket team are playing New Zealand women in 3 ODIs

Seems just because Ireland's men's team have been upped in status the ICC have similarly upped the women's status too.

While giving a one off game to help "develop" the game or as a warm up 3 games is a nonsense. This is a complete mismatch.

If NZ bat like they should it would be amazing if they don't score 400 today. Closer to 500 possibly.

Similar thing in that WT20I tournament in Asia really, putting in teams like Malaysia who play out 100 dot balls in T20 Scared
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Women's Cricket and Sport in general
Show More
Report FredRescue June 8, 2018 3:36 PM BST
490-4 closer to 500 it was Surprised
Report DStyle June 8, 2018 4:42 PM BST
I've always questioned why women need shorter boundaries. It's a bit of a lazy assumption inherited from golf.  With today's bats there's no reason why a well timed shot shouldn't clear the men's boundaries (indeed Tammy Beaumont was doing just that in a bit with rob key last year), while gifted 11 year old boys with a stick of rhubarb can time a ball for 4 along the ground. It will also improve the standard by forcing the women batters to time the ball rather bottom hand shovelling it 45 metres
Report DStyle June 8, 2018 4:46 PM BST
mandhana's a really good example of a woman who can time a ball properly along the ground. lots of great back foot drives.
Report Cardinal Scott June 9, 2018 12:53 PM BST
Eng lasses matched as low as 1.27,,,,,,,,,,imagine how those backers feel when they are not 8's
Report Cardinal Scott June 9, 2018 12:53 PM BST
^make that 1.19
Report Cardinal Scott June 9, 2018 12:58 PM BST
What garbage this is
Report Cardinal Scott June 9, 2018 1:12 PM BST
I'm green though, thats the main thing.   Some decent opportunities arise with the lasses, garbage though the product is.
Report sageform June 10, 2018 5:51 PM BST
Agree about the boundaries. If they get lower scores, so what. It is the same for both teams. The men's boundaries have come in 5 yards as well. Why?
Report Cardinal Scott June 11, 2018 6:18 PM BST
Looks like I will be back trading the lasses tomorrow as I don't think Scottishers v Pakistan T20 is broadcast anywhere.
Report detraveller June 12, 2018 12:24 PM BST
I'll be doing it too. Scot game comes later.
Report Cardinal Scott June 12, 2018 12:26 PM BST
Its better that Saffer lasses win toss and bat which makes it an INSTANT Eng Lay Excited
Report Cardinal Scott June 12, 2018 12:35 PM BST
SA did win toss but have decided to bowl! SadShockedAngry
Report detraveller June 12, 2018 12:45 PM BST
change of plans. Detraveller has decided to leave the game alone.
Report GRANTCKING June 12, 2018 12:53 PM BST
have made a thread for the birds match!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now