Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Injera
16 May 18 17:43
| Topic/replies: 12,898 | Blogger: Injera's blog
Buttler...

A one day superstar who has not played a 1st class match this season. Is he picked because

a) he smokes it in the IPL or
b) we need ANOTHER dasher?

Either reason would be insane.

What a kick in the teeth to Foakes and every other county batsman and/or keeper who's putting in the early season hard yards. In fact, what a kick in the gnashers for county 4 day cricket full stop.

I love watching Buttler in full flow and wish him well. But this England side can't afford yet another loose player. He could be facing the first (!) or second new ball. Hardly ideal if England's recent addction to losing early wickets continues.

They went with Vince in the Ashes. Ok, many on here disagreed but good luck to him. They bat him at 3...why? Could have been 6 ahead of Moeen. They take him to NZ, he gets a 70. Bayliss makes noises about early season runs important. He doubles up at Taunton.  Batting for 437 balls he showed an application not seen before. 8 an half hours of concentration!

He gets dropped. Ok he's not done well in tests, but what more can a bloke do to regain trust??

Finally, FINALLY, Root is to bat at 3 and Jonny at 5. Why has it taken SO long for this most basic of decisions to be made?

What does Bayliss do in this shambles apart from mumble? Does he watch ANY county cricket?Is Ed Smith now king of the castle? Hopefully Root's bias towards Ballance is over.

Anyway, onwards to Lord's. Amir to two lefties..Hmm..
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View England Squad - a rant
Show More
Report detraveller May 17, 2018 8:55 AM BST
I'd love to rant but I have nothing to say. I don't even remember how Vince looks like :/
Report Whisperingdeath May 17, 2018 5:23 PM BST
I am a little disappointed with that rant...most of it makes sense!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now