Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
detraveller
08 May 18 00:40
| Topic/replies: 10,169 | Blogger: detraveller's blog
Test cricket is here. What are the plans for this historic occasion?

Heavy rain forecast for later on Day 2. Day 3 and Day 4 weather neither here nor there. Day 1 and Day 5 pretty clear. Isn't that enough time for Pakistan to run through Ireland twice? Why is the draw so short?
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 15  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 577
By:
peckerdunne
When: 08 May 18 14:49
Even when the sun is shining the monster downpour or prolonged shower Grin is only a few fields away.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 May 18 14:58
Grin premature ejaculation in here, doesnt start till the 11th!
By:
detraveller
When: 08 May 18 21:55
No ejaculation, just getting excited with test cricket in sight.
By:
detraveller
When: 09 May 18 10:34
Oh my I thought the game was on Thursday :D

Draw just about getting to 3.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 09 May 18 15:04
Market been open for over a month, would not be pleased if I was one of those lumpers who took some 1.4 and well below 1.4 .   Mind you Pakistan could bowl out Ireland twice in 1 day.   Put that Ireland team in county championship and they might finish ahead of Leics and Derby .....& they might not.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 09 May 18 15:30
Lashing all day, near enough.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 09 May 18 16:03
This MI back not going well so I have reversed onto KKR
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 09 May 18 16:03

May 9, 2018 -- 4:03PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

This MI back not going well so I have reversed onto KKR

& posted in wrong thread.BlushBlushBlush

By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 09 May 18 16:43
heading into it on Saturday, weather is looking a wee bit ropey at the moment Sad
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 02:14
Not had a bet yet, the weather has improved significantly after today, just waiting for the right entry point.
The rain for today looks priced in too, so may not see sub 2s even if it pisses down all day.
Looking for a draw lay once the price steadies after the rain.
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 03:48
pecker, what do you reckon re weather, forecast seems ok after today, can it change quickly?
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 08:28
Looks like there might be a bit of play today too. Bit worried the draw lay may be dead before the heavy rain in the evening session. Don’t really want to lay draw at 3 then find solid rain and 2.4 either though.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 09:02
Dublin looks to have been stuck in a pocket of dry weather so far today and for the next hour or so but does look to be a lot of rain after that. I’m on the draw at 3.05 looking to lay the hell out of it later to big red.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 09:09
Hmm, now a bit anxious that the weather front isn’t moving very much. It looks like it ought to pile into and drench Dublin but is actually rather stuck.
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 09:41
still keeping the old keg powder dry, just getting the toss over and done with will have quite an effect on the odds
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 09:43
liquidity is starting to trickle in, it's on sony tv in India so I expect it will increase as we go through the game
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 09:46

May 11, 2018 -- 9:43AM, jucel69 wrote:

liquidity is starting to trickle in, it's on sony tv in India so I expect it will increase as we go through the game

A fair bit of the liquidity is me getting anxious and trading between 3.05 and 2.98 as I can’t decide whether it will rain in the morning session or not.

By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 09:48
I think it will but I also think it won't wipe out the whole day. Could get 30 odd overs in or so at the back end. We could just see the toss too before the rain arrives
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 09:51
Covers still on, don't think they will get the toss in now before the rain
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 09:57
https://twitter.com/Irelandcricket

windy too!!
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 10:05
I’ve got the game starting on time, based on Rain Today. It keeps changing though.
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 10:17
covers are still on, but I don't think it's raining at the moment
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 10:46
I think they’ll get some play this morning but there are showers about so we could end up with play looking like it might happen then never doing so. I misjudged that though and got shot of my draw green for tiny profit, thinking we could start on time and have draw mid 3s.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 10:50
Trying to get a big lay at 2.7, which feels like good value even if they don’t get out shortly.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 11:04
Rain today appears to have mugged me off somewhat. It’s been raining despite the radar looking clear. Could be a sea fret, I suppose. I’m a bit anxious about coastal radar since the T20 in Cardiff that got rained off with hammering rain with Rain Today insisting the sun was out.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 11:06
Still think we should be good for a result with fair amounts of play possible next two days and good forecasts for the fourth and fifth days. Hopefully they can even make some time up.
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 11:07
looks absolutely freezing and wet, can't see them playing today
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 11:10
Met office has little prospect of rain tomorrow and only 50% or so chance of afternoon rain Sunday then sub 10% chance per hour Mon and Tue. Course that isn’t incompatible with a few hours or even a few sessions lost but doesn’t seem likely we’ll lose that much time other than today.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 11:12

May 11, 2018 -- 11:07AM, jucel69 wrote:

looks absolutely freezing and wet, can't see them playing today

Yes. Forecast gives some chance of it clearing by evening but suspect the ground will be too wet for play anyway as heavy rain due late afternoon.

By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 11:13
yeh the next four days look decent, many a game is completed in 4 days. Especially when you consider the two teams!!
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 11:15

May 11, 2018 -- 11:13AM, jucel69 wrote:

yeh the next four days look decent, many a game is completed in 4 days. Especially when you consider the two teams!!

I think this price is a massive draw lay, yes. I’m holding out for 2.4 to go properly draw red at though. Considering I got two chunks of 3.05 for a grand each, my overall position is rather disappointing. Needed more local knowledge to supplement my radar as was quite concerned there could have been an hour or two’s play.

By:
bobo cro
When: 11 May 18 11:18
Update: umpires will inspect again at 12, providing it has stopped raining. Fingers crossed!
By:
jucel69
When: 11 May 18 11:24
Wind seems to be a bigger problem than rain. Groundstaff can’t remove the covers because with gusts upto 45mph they would not be able to get them back on again
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 May 18 11:32

May 11, 2018 -- 11:15AM, Fatslogger wrote:

May 11, 2018 -- 11:13AM, jucel69 wrote:yeh the next four days look decent, many a game is completed in 4 days. Especially when you consider the two teams!!I think this price is a massive draw lay, yes. I’m holding out for 2.4 to go properly draw red at though. Considering I got two chunks of 3.05 for a grand each, my overall position is rather disappointing. Needed more local knowledge to supplement my radar as was quite concerned there could have been an hour or two’s play.

Wouldn't backing Pakistan be more efficient than a Draw lay? Ireland aren't winning.

By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 May 18 11:35

May 11, 2018 -- 11:32AM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

May 11, 2018 -- 11:15AM, Fatslogger wrote:May 11, 2018 -- 11:13AM, jucel69 wrote:yeh the next four days look decent, many a game is completed in 4 days. Especially when you consider the two teams!!I think this price is a massive draw lay, yes. I’m holding out for 2.4 to go properly draw red at though. Considering I got two chunks of 3.05 for a grand each, my overall position is rather disappointing. Needed more local knowledge to supplement my radar as was quite concerned there could have been an hour or two’s play.Wouldn't backing Pakistan be more efficient than a Draw lay? Ireland aren't winning.

Perhaps. Not impossible that there is a bit of a scare if Pakistan bats first. Mostly trading the draw is a habit though.

By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 May 18 11:37
Ultimately rain saved them but I watched some of Ireland v Somerset a few weeks ago, Ireland were being totally outclassed.  I want to get on Pak.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 May 18 11:40
Yeah put Ireland in 2nd div county championship and they finish sandwiched between Leics and Derbys in either order.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 May 18 11:41
^^^Different story in white ball
By:
detraveller
When: 11 May 18 12:38
How about the facilities at Melahide Park? Do they have the right drainage? We've had a couple of regular test venues declared unfit despite clear weather in the last few years. I wonder how this venue copes with it. I guess i'll stay out of it for now.
Page 1 of 15  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now