Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VardonVoo.
07 May 18 17:58
| Topic/replies: 3,507 | Blogger: VardonVoo.'s blog
............................Innings 1   Innings 2

Durham            184 (54.3)     403 (129.4)

Leicestershire 440 (150.4)     101 /8 (27.5)

500 matched for £7 on Durham!!!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Amazing County match Durham v Leicester
Show More
Report VardonVoo. May 7, 2018 6:09 PM BST
Wish some of that £7 had been mine. Glad to make something though. Eight matches going on at the same time normally throws up two or three decent wins. I really don't know why they don't more betting interest from Test match punters.
Report VardonVoo. May 7, 2018 6:26 PM BST
*don't attract, etc
Report VardonVoo. May 7, 2018 10:33 PM BST
(Durham went on to claim those last two wickets, by the way)
Report detraveller May 8, 2018 12:49 AM BST
I only recently joined betfair so have access to county markets now. As i mentioned on the other thread, I got a draw back at 70 in the other game(Root's team, forgot the names). But why is the liquidity so low in the county games? I'd have thought people would have first hand or even inside knowledge of teams and players which would attract all type of money. Is it low because of the IPL? Or is it always like that?

More importantly, is it worth it staying in touch with the county scene to add it to my trading games? I know there are people here who regularly bet on county games but aren't among the usual posters here. You are probably one of them?
Report Injera May 8, 2018 4:53 PM BST
Remains a mystery as VV says. I can only guess that a lot of test match liquidity comes from abroad and therefore they have no interest in the county 4 day stuff.

It's still odd though and a great shame. Very hard to trade games.
Report wondersobright May 8, 2018 7:44 PM BST
yeah crazy game played between 2 shocking f/c teams

no TV pics = it might as well not be happening in terms of liquidity on here

it would have broken some tanks if it had been a test match
Report detraveller May 8, 2018 9:53 PM BST
Yorkshire also won after being bowled out for 50 first up.

I understand that a lot of liquidity in tests comes from abroad(India?). But with the indian population in Britain, I'd have expected the mafia to take control of the county betting already. With this liquidity it doesn't seem they are interested.
Report VardonVoo. May 8, 2018 10:08 PM BST
A batch of four-day two-innings games are way better for me to trade on as a Test trader (even with poor liquidity) than ODIs or T20s. I just cant seem to catch a break with the limited-overs formats, yet the number and quality of Test matches seems to be on the decline recently.

With the Red Button options they happily assign to tennis tournaments, you'd think the Beeb would try to negotiate a deal to televise one of our major national sports by way of non-commercially-motivated support.
Report Fatslogger May 9, 2018 8:24 PM BST
Even test cricket is a small deal in terms of viewing figures a lot of the time now, let alone the 4 day county game.

I sometimes eyeball the CC markets but the liquidity isn’t there to have a bet and leaving money out there is asking for trouble from people with more inside knowledge.
Report Cardinal Scott May 9, 2018 11:18 PM BST
You will see better liquidity in royal london 50 over comp which starts in a few days.  I'll be active in those markets.
Report donny osmond May 11, 2018 12:28 PM BST
ive never seen anybody betting on county games on laptop or phone when ive been at durham

not saying it doesnt happen

theres a few at the t20 betting on it, but usually with bookies from what ive seen

there have been signs for years warning off relay of commentary, although one lad did a commentary
on durham ccc website until chat was taken down and folk moved onto twitter

watching sky county cricket when durham were playing they were about a ball and a half behind live

they were about 8 secs delay on t20 and 50 over games

would be easy to clean up if market existed
Report donny osmond May 11, 2018 12:32 PM BST
bbc radio do live commentary on all county matches but listen on line is useless for punting
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now