Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Charlie
20 Jan 18 19:43
| Topic/replies: 23,217 | Blogger: Charlie's blog
Just about had enough of this forum again. It's being spoiled by aynt, bob, Grant and Tom. Individually they're ok but put them together and they just degenerate into slagging each other off. They think it's funny and smiley faces apparently makes it really funny and the more the merrier.  Other posters' opinions just get lost in their drivel.

You four talk together on Skype so why not stay there? You rarely add anything useful on threads.

As far as I can see none of them will post an unambiguous beforetime bet but all will claim big wins aftertime.  Bet both teams, show the winner and you're a genius. They just talk bollocks.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Cricket forum being ruined
Show More
Report twizzle22 January 20, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
Well said Charlie..couldn't agree more
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2018 10:56 PM GMT
don't bring me into it, 99% of the time its one of the other 3 starting it and having a go at me and I respond!! ur right tho about those 3 being dicks and aftertimers!
Report pxb January 21, 2018 2:16 AM GMT
Charlie has a point. It would be appreciated if you kept your scintillating wit to Skype. And left this forum to those of us who are interested in predicting ahead of time.
Report GRANTCKING January 21, 2018 10:48 AM GMT

Jan 21, 2018 -- 2:16AM, pxb wrote:

Charlie has a point. It would be appreciated if you kept your scintillating wit to Skype. And left this forum to those of us who are interested in predicting ahead of time.

Laugh "predicting ahead of time" is funny coming from u m8, tom constantly leaves me posts of urs on skype where hes caught u out lying/bullsh itting/aftertiming and we both laugh at them, hes just too afraid to call u out on it on the forum for some reason, he doesn't want to rock the boat!!

Report Fatslogger January 21, 2018 11:14 AM GMT
If you've got dirt on pxb, feel free to share it on here. None of us is perfect, I'm sure he can take the flak. For what it's worth, I've not caught him out with any more aftertiming than I do (which is certainly some but you can't post every bet before time and I own up to losses after time reasonably often too).  He's pretty good at posting his thoughts on tests in particular well ahead of the game.

Not been on the forum myself much recently but afraid I agree with Charlie's original post and have said similar before.  It's not so much the banter itself, which I find mildly amusing but the volume. The nature of this board is that it's impossible to ignore runs of drivel to try to pick out the match chat.
Report bobweenit January 21, 2018 11:43 AM GMT
Sorry to hear that Charlie! If it is causing you grief I will just pop in now again as I ain't a big cricket bettor and try to keep out of the childish antics. Hope your keeping well mate.
Report bobweenit January 21, 2018 11:45 AM GMT
Oh and will you be returning to the Hawthorns now Pulis has gone? Did you watch much of Regis when he was in his pomp ? Only found out yesterday he had passed.
Report tomtimtum January 21, 2018 12:03 PM GMT
Had a look at the average number of posts for each thread for this big bash, seems to be about 100.
Theres been a few around the 50-60 mark.

The idea that us 4 are ruining this forum by spamming threads whilst others are trying to talk cricket just isn't borne out by any facts.
Maybe in the last there was too much pointless spamming and if I ruined the forum for anyone I do apologise for my part in it.

And no Charlie, we don't all talk together on Skype.

Do feel free to point out some instances of me not making any predictions about the match and then claiming a big win afterwards, would love to see it
Report pxb January 21, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
Grant, I can see why you get banned,
Report GRANTCKING January 21, 2018 12:27 PM GMT

Jan 21, 2018 -- 12:25PM, pxb wrote:

Grant, I can see why you get banned,

why?

Report GRANTCKING January 21, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
not my fault ur a fantasist
Report Esox January 21, 2018 4:15 PM GMT
Let them all post their petty bickering, it is better than a dead forum. Sometimes there is some good sport going on and no posts at all. The early days of Betfair forum were good with lots of great characters posting.
Report Charlie January 21, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
I made my point. Some people agree and some don't which is fair enough. I need to restate that I have nothing against either Bob, Grant or Tom. I like all three of them. Occasionally their interplay goes too far for and it annoys me. As Bob says he rarely visits the cricket forum but when he does I like to talk to him. Grant and Tom have been a mainstay of the forum for a few years now and I "always" like to see them post.

There's a few points which I've glossed over but will answer them if prompted.

Bob, apart from a good friend's recent death I'm fine thanks. Apart from a few early games when I was still in the army I saw virtually all of Regis' games as I used to go both home and away. I am tempted to again now that Pulis has been shown the door but having got out of the habit and the thought of sitting down for 90 minutes in the cold doesn't really inspire me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now