Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Charlie
22 Dec 17 20:21
| Topic/replies: 22,287 | Blogger: Charlie's blog
First thing that struck me was the difference in outright tournament winner market and match market.  In the winner market Sixers about 10 and Scorchers around 6.9 (not much cash for either). In match market odds are reversed with Sixers quite strong favourites at around 1.67 compared to Scorchers 2.46/8.  Scorchers haven't played yet and Sixers have played and lost so that may account for the difference.  May also be the Marsh brothers returning later in the tournament but not sure if they do.

It looks like Sixers' batting is stronger but don't fancy their bowlers.  I couldn't make a case for difference in match odds so looking to back Scorchers at 2.48 and 2.5

I may not be up for start and will have to go out before the end so trying to get on now. May well go tits up but that's the name of the game.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers, 5th...
Show More
Report Puzzman December 22, 2017 8:29 PM GMT
Going off how the Thunder performed last night, I'm going with Perth.
Report pxb December 22, 2017 8:52 PM GMT
Scorchers have players in national squad who will be back at some point. Squad today looks pretty weak to me with no Klinger.
Report pxb December 22, 2017 8:58 PM GMT
Not that I fancy sixers for the comp, but they should be good enough today.
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 5:29 AM GMT
Sydney Sixers:Playing XI:Jason Roy, Daniel Hughes, Nic Maddinson, Moises Henriques (c), Sam Billings, Johan Botha, Peter Nevill (wk), Steve O'Keefe, Sean Abbott, Daniel Sams, Doug Bollinger

Perth Scorchers:Playing XI:William Bosisto, Josh Philippe, Hilton Cartwright, Ashton Turner, Adam Voges (c), Ashton Agar, Josh Inglis (wk), David Willey, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Mitchell Johnson
Report BJT December 23, 2017 5:42 AM GMT
152 for mine.
What was the line?
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 5:45 AM GMT
No idea BJ.
Report BJT December 23, 2017 5:53 AM GMT
Looking at the first innings, now, best I can guess is around 170...
Report BJT December 23, 2017 5:56 AM GMT
Spready showing up at around 127-129 at the moment.  Guessing line about 170.

Can't see them pulling any triggers for the next 5 overs or so, so probably a pretty safe ish sixers lay.  May come into 3.50 over the next few overs, but could easily pop straight out to 20.
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 5:59 AM GMT
Scorchers' batting is a concern but should be able to get whatever Sixers manage from here. No real interest for me as backed last night as in OP and got out at 1.29.
Report BJT December 23, 2017 6:01 AM GMT
Yeah, just in small at the moment.  Got 4.1 lay, so a little red, but just to be involved.  Another game later, and can't see them getting within 30 runs of a valid total, so it can ride for a while.
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:02 AM GMT
How are you BJ? Things working out for you?
Report BJT December 23, 2017 6:08 AM GMT
Yeah mate, going along pretty good.  Been starting again on the punt for a while, still making money, just nothing to work with to keep over that line of income vs expense.  Going ok here.  Mindset much calmer now, got my little girl home, and likely to stay that way forever, so house full of smiles, and everything as it should be.
Punt starting to pick up, got a few things going on, and the horizon is looking super green, but most importantly, there are 2 sets of eyes looking at it.  :)
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:10 AM GMT
Nice to hear that. Should have a good Christmas then!
Report BJT December 23, 2017 6:22 AM GMT
Yes, this year the biggest problems are getting fresh carrots and baking up a fresh batch of cookies for Christmas Eve, and making sure the excitement levels are high.  :)

How is everything with you?
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:24 AM GMT
I just tick along. Nothing much to report.
Report BJT December 23, 2017 6:30 AM GMT
Meanwhile, batting looks pretty easy and have to think that the wickets have cost them more than the pitch.
Switched til the end, as 1.60 looks happening, and huge for the chase.
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:33 AM GMT
A good fight back to be fair. I'll wait and see how Scorchers start before deciding whether to get involved again or not - probably not.
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:37 AM GMT
Hat-trick by Tye to end the innings
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:44 AM GMT
Any news on whether Chris Lynn plays or not I see Joe Burns is out.
Report BJT December 23, 2017 6:44 AM GMT
I switched twice.  Just got off them before capitulating, then switched.  Breakeven of 1.55 Scorchers.  Any reasonable start and they won't see over 1.40.  IMO.  T20 though obviously, so anything can happen, and likely will.  Hoping for bets to ride, however expecting to change my opinion another 33 times before the end....

They are ust talking about Lynn now.  Let you know if I hear, but likely to keep it hidden until official anyway...
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 6:46 AM GMT
I've had a small bet on Heat regardless I don't really see why Renegades are favourite.
Report BJT December 23, 2017 6:57 AM GMT
No part of me feels Scorchers should be over about 1.20 here.....
Report BJT December 23, 2017 7:02 AM GMT

Dec 23, 2017 -- 6:46AM, Charlie wrote:

I've had a small bet on Heat regardless I don't really see why Renegades are favourite.

Heat full steam team.  They are going down swinging all the way.  Don't really have a team, but they are technically my local team, defo favs though with the way they play.
Definitely a team that you can back early when they bat as they are going big.

Report Charlie December 23, 2017 7:03 AM GMT
Normally you'd expect this to be chased down easily. I don't know these two batting however so being cautious and want to do some early shopping before the hordes arrive (it's 07:00 here).
Report BJT December 23, 2017 7:18 AM GMT
"2/6, 2 overs, no joy.  Batting seems to get easier though, and wickets the important thing, not run rate...."

(BJT's bank).....
Report ayt December 23, 2017 7:25 AM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report Charlie December 23, 2017 7:26 AM GMT
I'm going to venture out and try and get back for start of next game (doubtful). Good luck.
Report BJT December 23, 2017 7:46 AM GMT
Chris Lynn and Joe Burns not playing
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now