Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 5 people viewing this thread.
jucel69
19 Mar 17 21:46
Joined:
Date Joined: 03 Aug 12
| Topic/replies: 24,457 | Blogger: jucel69's blog
Current forecast is for rain, rain and more rain.
First four days look horrific.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View New Zealand V South Africa 3rd Test...
Show More
Loading...
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:25 AM BST
think NZ might just win this if we get 2 more full days (98 overs) play. Could be ahead by the end of today...
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:25 AM BST
4
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:25 AM BST
i mean 6
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:25 AM BST
1 wicket all day and biblical rain everywhere but at the ground. You just get a feeling they are going to win
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:26 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:25AM, jucel69 wrote:


1 wicket all day and biblical rain everywhere but at the ground. You just get a feeling they are going to win


concur

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:27 AM BST
I'd be very worried if I had a large red on NZ
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:28 AM BST
I'll be getting out of this trade as soon as I get a sniff of a chance
Report pxb March 27, 2017 5:28 AM BST
Still a hard to determine amount of rain over the next 2 days. I doubt we will see 2X98 overs. Although I wouldn't like to guess how many.
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:29 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:28AM, pxb wrote:


Still a hard to determine amount of rain over the next 2 days. I doubt we will see 2X98 overs. Although I wouldn't like to guess how many.


The last 10 days have been guessing,guessing & more guessingLaugh

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:30 AM BST
If Southee and Boult were playing NZ would be about 2.5
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:32 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:28AM, pxb wrote:


Still a hard to determine amount of rain over the next 2 days. I doubt we will see 2X98 overs. Although I wouldn't like to guess how many.


Agreed but would not want to have a red NZ at the moment. Not too much rain forecast for tomorrow and wed but as we have seen things can change overnight and or by the hour.

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:35 AM BST
Starting to burn green Angry
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:37 AM BST
Will a wicket bring the draw in?
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:38 AM BST
It will if its Williamson. If its Raval it will bring it out I feel
Report Fatslogger March 27, 2017 5:39 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:27AM, jucel69 wrote:


I'd be very worried if I had a large red on NZ


I am very worried. Don't think they were bad bets at the time but I got persuaded by the forum that Kiwi win was highly unlikely. As implied, at the time it did seem to be: this is a near miracle day for them weather and batting wise and still have to bowl SA out and score the runs either first or second dig but it now looks very feasible.

I'm also losing over a grand having layed 325 runs.

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:40 AM BST
Hi Fats, what did you lay 325 runs for? They were already 67/0 at the start of play... that seems a bit risky?
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:40 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:39AM, Fatslogger wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  5:27AM, jucel69 wrote:I'd be very worried if I had a large red on NZI am very worried. Don't think they were bad bets at the time but I got persuaded by the forum that Kiwi win was highly unlikely. As implied, at the time it did seem to be: this is a near miracle day for them weather and batting wise and still have to bowl SA out and score the runs either first or second dig but it now looks very feasible. I'm also losing over a grand having layed 325 runs.


Starting to wind me up too, I'm ruining a very good book

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:42 AM BST
When you see a ball like you can't believe they have only lost 1 wicket!!
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:43 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:42AM, jucel69 wrote:


When you see a ball like you can't believe they have only lost 1 wicket!!


A ball like that bodes well for a result... pitch can only get harder to bat on. Tis the new (ish) ball they have though.

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:43 AM BST
draw now 1.49 to back (just for a second)
Report pxb March 27, 2017 5:44 AM BST
My big draw lay at 1.26 looking shrewd.

Rain forecast to come from the East and then Northeast over the next 2 days, which will make it more unpredictable. If that's possible.
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:44 AM BST
Thats a nice price pxb. I got some 1.18 and 1
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:45 AM BST
1.19 this morning but well out for a trade and too early. Im on the result as it is so will let that run till day 5 and then try and go all green/red whatever it is.
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:46 AM BST
out
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:46 AM BST
raval out and the draw come in... go figure
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:47 AM BST
would have been better if it had been kw
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:48 AM BST
might be difficult for the new batsmen
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:51 AM BST
4
Report pxb March 27, 2017 5:51 AM BST
Thats a nice price pxb. I got some 1.18
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:52 AM BST
sorry came out wrong. I really meant it, especially since you got a huge amount on. What I meant with the 1.18 was that it seemed ridiculously short. Only took a small amount and got it out again soon after.... apologies for the stupid reply
Report pxb March 27, 2017 5:52 AM BST
tyco, more luck than good judgement, as I was going out and didn't want to worry about the weather.
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:53 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:52AM, pxb wrote:


tyco, more luck than good judgement, as I was going out and didn't want to worry about the weather.


well that does happen sometimes. nice one. Do you think we could have a result here? or still think its a draw? Im not really superstitious, just if NZ get a 200 run lead it could put some pressure on....

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 5:54 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:53AM, tyco161 wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  5:52AM, pxb wrote:tyco, more luck than good judgement, as I was going out and didn't want to worry about the weather.well that does happen sometimes. nice one. Do you think we could have a result here? or still think its a draw? Im not really superstitious, just if NZ get a 200 run lead it could put some pressure on....


I'm going to wait until the end of the inns and make a judgment

Report Fatslogger March 27, 2017 5:57 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:40AM, tyco161 wrote:


Hi Fats, what did you lay 325 runs for? They were already 67/0 at the start of play... that seems a bit risky?


Bit over 2s. I like to gamble and I've seen the Kiwis bat. Not a great bet though.

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:58 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 5:57AM, Fatslogger wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  5:40AM, tyco161 wrote:Hi Fats, what did you lay 325 runs for? They were already 67/0 at the start of play... that seems a bit risky?Bit over 2s. I like to gamble and I've seen the Kiwis bat. Not a great bet though.


Fair call, hard luck,  yes the kiwis do have collapses... or mammoth innings.

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 5:58 AM BST
4 more... draw out to 1.50. Its been hit
Report Charlie March 27, 2017 5:59 AM BST
So glad I got out of my NZ lay last night but managed to ruin other game by laying India too early.
Report pxb March 27, 2017 6:00 AM BST
I still think enough probably enough rain for a draw, but if looks like 2 full days tomorrow morning, I'd say just a draw (say 1.8).
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:02 AM BST
NZ upping the run rate too. Over 3 an over now and have been going at 4's for a while.
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:05 AM BST
timber
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:05 AM BST
thought it might be a bit high?
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:06 AM BST
broom out, will they send in the big man?
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:07 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:06AM, tyco161 wrote:


broom out, will they send in the big man?


They will just bat normally and put SA under pressure later in the game

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:07 AM BST
no its Nichols. Yeah exactly. ANother 70 odd overs to bat if they can...
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:09 AM BST
Hoping that Nicholls dots em'up for a while
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:12 AM BST
just to add insult to injury, it's fecking sunny now and they will be able to play til 7
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:13 AM BST
another out
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:15 AM BST
COLLAPSO in progress
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:15 AM BST
whats going on... at least Santa gets the scoring going..
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:16 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:15AM, tyco161 wrote:


whats going on... at least Santa gets the scoring going..


I'm pretty sure they will want to get to stumps now

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:16 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:16AM, jucel69 wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  6:15AM, tyco161 wrote:whats going on... at least Santa gets the scoring going..I'm pretty sure they will want to get to stumps now


I get that... but tomorrow morning all being equal and if he is still out there. But yeah if KW gets out wow that would really change the game. Probably help the draw now..

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:17 AM BST
whats Santa doing batting at number 6 anyway? This NZ team looking really weird
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:18 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:16AM, tyco161 wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  6:16AM, jucel69 wrote:Mar 27, 2017 --  6:15AM, tyco161 wrote:whats going on... at least Santa gets the scoring going..I'm pretty sure they will want to get to stumps nowI get that... but tomorrow morning all being equal and if he is still out there. But yeah if KW gets out wow that would really change the game. Probably help the draw now..


A big lead from the Kiwis would have put a lot of pressure on SA. A small lead and SA can push on and take the game to safety

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:20 AM BST
The only way SA win is if they collapse, can't see them giving NZ any kind of total to chase
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:20 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:18AM, jucel69 wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  6:16AM, tyco161 wrote:Mar 27, 2017 --  6:16AM, jucel69 wrote:Mar 27, 2017 --  6:15AM, tyco161 wrote:whats going on... at least Santa gets the scoring going..I'm pretty sure they will want to get to stumps nowI get that... but tomorrow morning all being equal and if he is still out there. But yeah if KW gets out wow that would really change the game. Probably help the draw now..A big lead from the Kiwis would have put a lot of pressure on SA. A small lead and SA can push on and take the game to safety


Thats what I mean. KW gets out and the draw should come into 1.40's

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:21 AM BST
NZ's score is purely based on whether KW gets runs or not
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:22 AM BST
NZ drifting massively now
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:23 AM BST
That is a huge move... draw too
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:23 AM BST
The pitch seems to have quickened up & there is quite a lot of movement
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:24 AM BST
and no runs.
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:24 AM BST
time to lay the draw again soon... overreaction this
Report pxb March 27, 2017 6:25 AM BST
I agree, SAF won't give NZ a sniff.
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:27 AM BST
Think both teams would be happy to go off now
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:30 AM BST
timber with a no ball
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:30 AM BST
bowled no ball!
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:31 AM BST
Good job they had the big p'ship because the rest look dog$hit
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:36 AM BST
No way Santa is a number 6, 8 at best
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:38 AM BST
looking at the light meter now
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:38 AM BST
wow its still at 10. going to continue. Last night earlier it was about 4 when they went off
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:43 AM BST
ooohh very dark now...
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:43 AM BST
8.4 on the meter and 6 the other side
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:44 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:43AM, tyco161 wrote:


8.4 on the meter and 6 the other side


The batsman will feel stiff if they get out now

Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 6:46 AM BST
Absolutely no consistency re light/rain
Report Fatslogger March 27, 2017 6:47 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 6:44AM, jucel69 wrote:


Mar 27, 2017 --  6:43AM, tyco161 wrote:8.4 on the meter and 6 the other sideThe batsman will feel stiff if they get out now


Yes but the Kiwis (and draw layers) are the one side advantaged by them staying out, I suppose.

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:47 AM BST
6.5 and 7. something
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:48 AM BST
on the light metre now... continueing
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:51 AM BST
Duminy getting warmed up now
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:52 AM BST
5.4 and 5.2 the other side
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:52 AM BST
still on
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 6:56 AM BST
4.9 and cant read the other side... still on
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 7:00 AM BST
stumps
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 7:09 AM BST
We've hardly had any rain during play!
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 7:40 AM BST
We only had a few rain showers during play but they did not come off at all. So from 12pm to 7pm we played. A full days play.
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 7:50 AM BST
massive move on the draw!!
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 7:51 AM BST
must be people waking up and filling their kegs!!
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 7:55 AM BST
wow missed that... yeah Brits waking up and unloading possies in a panic?
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 7:56 AM BST
might go back in soon for a draw back!
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 7:57 AM BST
cleared that Kiwi lay at 4.3, so minimal damage
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 7:59 AM BST
trying to smash it back in
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 7:59 AM BST
You got 4.30.... nice well done. I got 4.50 so we were not far off and I think you layed at4.50 which was better than my 4.70
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 8:00 AM BST
got swallowed up at 1.53&1.54
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 8:00 AM BST
right, household chores call before the mrs gets home. just a dropped catch in the Aus game too
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 8:01 AM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 7:59AM, tyco161 wrote:


You got 4.30.... nice well done. I got 4.50 so we were not far off and I think you layed at4.50 which was better than my 4.70


I was worrying for a while, but after those wickets my bet got taken when the odds collapsed for 5 mins

Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 8:19 AM BST
wow draw out to 1.58 now. Pxb might be right about that 1.80 if 2 days play...
Report pxb March 27, 2017 8:44 AM BST
Forecast for Wednesday is pretty poor, and I am surprised the draw has gone out so far.
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 8:50 AM BST
But forecast for tomorrow is very good so.... I am thinking that ppl might be a bit spooked after today's number of overs..
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 8:51 AM BST
In fact Wednesday is all clear on the comp generated moisture predictions now so that might be it too...(except for .2mm at 4pm)
Report tyco161 March 27, 2017 8:52 AM BST
and there is that "rain shield" around Hamilton Tongue Out
Report pxb March 27, 2017 9:19 AM BST
I backed the draw early over 4, and for me it's a question of when to go to a final all green position. Might just wait out day 4.
Report jucel69 March 27, 2017 9:34 AM BST
forecast is NO rain now for the next few days.
That's almost 200 overs left!
I can see the draw flying as people unwind positions
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now