Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jucel69
19 Mar 17 21:46
Joined:
Date Joined: 03 Aug 12
| Topic/replies: 25,392 | Blogger: jucel69's blog
Current forecast is for rain, rain and more rain.
First four days look horrific.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View New Zealand V South Africa 3rd Test...
Show More
Loading...
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 12:48 AM BST
agreed, but it might be sunny in Hamilton and if you have put plenty on this morning.. might just spook you enough to take some off the table... :)
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 12:49 AM BST
btw im not saying its sunny in Hamilton, in fact I have no idea. Just theorising
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 12:49 AM BST
12.45pm It has stopped raining. There is some blue sky, says Firdose from the ground. Some of the South Africa players have made their way out and the soppers have begun doing the rounds.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 12:52 AM BST
1.04 now available on the draww.... glad I took some of the 1.01 earlier.. can now back short odds :)
Report VardonVoo. March 29, 2017 12:52 AM BST
I'm reminded of a rain-interrupted match in Cape Town many years ago when this rain cloud clung to the mountain all day. I had laid the draw at 20s the previous day and was sitting on a huge loss - I felt like I was staring into the abyss. Towards the end of the day the sun suddenly came out and Incy Wincy spider was able to climb the spout again to the tune of about twenty overs, I think. It was enough to finish off the other team and save my bacon.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 12:53 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 12:52AM, VardonVoo. wrote:


I'm reminded of a rain-interrupted match in Cape Town many years ago when this rain cloud clung to the mountain all day. I had laid the draw at 20s the previous day and was sitting on a huge loss - I felt like I was staring into the abyss. Towards the end of the day the sun suddenly came out and Incy Wincy spider was able to climb the spout again to the tune of about twenty overs, I think. It was enough to finish off the other team and save my bacon.


Thats a pretty cool story. If the rain holds off then there will be some perplexed ppl around. Hope Jucel has not gone off thinking it was game over. Still think the rain will come but you never know...

Report slip5 March 29, 2017 12:55 AM BST
never trust umpires
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 12:55 AM BST
wow that is some move from 1.01 to 1.10
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 12:56 AM BST
if you have a chance edge a bit
Report VardonVoo. March 29, 2017 12:57 AM BST
They've not even had the Hokey-Cokey pitch-inspection shenanigans yet.
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 12:58 AM BST
umpires will want to give new zealand every chance of a win cause they only need 30 overs
Report pxb March 29, 2017 12:58 AM BST
It's going to rain in about 20 mins.
Report VardonVoo. March 29, 2017 12:59 AM BST
Will they have taken an early lunch already?
Report Cardinal Scott March 29, 2017 12:59 AM BST
Seen many CMM markets mirror these draw prices on a No and we end up with a Yes.
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:00 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 12:59AM, Cardinal Scott wrote:


Seen many CMM markets mirror these draw prices on a No and we end up with a Yes.


would you lay the draw

Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:01 AM BST
covers coming off
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:01 AM BST
12.56pm Covers being lifted.
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:02 AM BST
juce needs to stay focused here he gone off to do shopping thinking it game over when the draw touched 1.01 odds
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:03 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:01AM, tyco161 wrote:


12.56pm Covers being lifted.


not possible to get the field fit for play surely

Report Cardinal Scott March 29, 2017 1:03 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:00AM, slip5 wrote:


Mar 29, 2017 -- 12:59AM, Cardinal Scott wrote:Seen many CMM markets mirror these draw prices on a No and we end up with a Yes.would you lay the draw


NO I'm fairly confident we'll see no further play.

Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:03 AM BST
Don't think so.. but if no more rain who knows. BUt think more rain on the way. Yeah hope Juce does not get a huge shock if he comes back.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:04 AM BST
Ben Davin: "Weather looking much better from my vantage point. The Paradise ducks have disappeared, wish my run of ducks would come to an end. It will be sometime before play I'd imagine. Maybe NZ only need an hour or two? Faf at the crane is a worry as you need a crane to get him out when the going gets tough."
Report Cardinal Scott March 29, 2017 1:10 AM BST
https://twitter.com/NeilManthorp/status/846875342774005761 6 mins ago tweet
Report VardonVoo. March 29, 2017 1:12 AM BST
That rain band looks like it's just about to hit.
Report VardonVoo. March 29, 2017 1:13 AM BST
What's with the 5pm time-stamp on that Twitter pic?
Report Cardinal Scott March 29, 2017 1:17 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:13AM, VardonVoo. wrote:


What's with the 5pm time-stamp on that Twitter pic?


Has 1.03am where I am

Report Angela Rebecchi March 29, 2017 1:20 AM BST
Match been called off according to Sky, hands being shaken etc.
Report VardonVoo. March 29, 2017 1:20 AM BST
It's weird - when I paste the link the pic has a 5pm tag, but the tweets are all in the last few minutes, then when you close the central pic window the same pic as a standard feed doesn't have the time-stamp anymore. I really hate the layout of Twitter, I really do.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:22 AM BST
Game over by the looks of things, well done everyone. Not sure which SKY you are watching Angela but cheers for the info.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:23 AM BST
1.20pm And that will be it, ladies and gentlemen. The players shake hands and play has been called off for day five.
Report Angela Rebecchi March 29, 2017 1:25 AM BST
SkySports, no worries, suprised the market took so long to take the 1.02 and 1.03 as they were all shaking hands. Presentation in a bit.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:26 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:25AM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:


SkySports, no worries, suprised the market took so long to take the 1.02 and 1.03 as they were all shaking hands. Presentation in a bit.


Which Sky Sports is that? THe UK one? The one in NZ has just been showing highlights and other stuff.

Report Angela Rebecchi March 29, 2017 1:28 AM BST
UK mate Cool
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:28 AM BST
cheers Angela.. well done the UK.. we in NZ left a bit in the dark actually :)
Report Angela Rebecchi March 29, 2017 1:29 AM BST
Feel for those NZ 1.3 to 1.4 backers yesterday who looked at the forecast which looked fine and thought they had an incredible price for SA to lose 5 more wickets. The perils of cricket betting, anything can happen!
Report Angela Rebecchi March 29, 2017 1:29 AM BST
Usually the same in the UK as well tyco!!
Report Sodiology March 29, 2017 1:33 AM BST
Bet365 have voided my 50/1 on Amla top bat, yet paid out on the under 170 run line.

Anyone help?

Nothing in there rules about it ....

Wouldn't have voided it if they'd come out and faced one over and the bet had lost. No palpable either.
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:36 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:33AM, Sodiology wrote:


Bet365 have voided my 50/1 on Amla top bat, yet paid out on the under 170 run line.Anyone help?Nothing in there rules about it ....Wouldn't have voided it if they'd come out and faced one over and the bet had lost. No palpable either.


Have you checked their rules on each of the markets?

Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 1:36 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:29AM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:


Feel for those NZ 1.3 to 1.4 backers yesterday who looked at the forecast which looked fine and thought they had an incredible price for SA to lose 5 more wickets. The perils of cricket betting, anything can happen!


Yep thats cricket and that is what happens chasing short odds...

Report Sodiology March 29, 2017 1:38 AM BST
Batsman Runs (In-Play)
Over/Under runs bets will stand after batsman has faced one ball or is given out before first ball is faced. Score counts if batsman is Not-Out including if innings is declared.
Test Matches and First Class Matches - Subject to the above all bets will stand irrespective of delays caused by rain or for any other reason.
One Day Matches - Bets will be void if the intervention of rain or any other delay results in the number of overs being reduced by 5 overs or more than that scheduled when the bets were struck unless settlement of bets is already determined.
Twenty20 Cup Matches - Bets will be void if the intervention of rain or any other delay results in the number of overs being reduced by 3 overs or more than that scheduled when the bets were struck unless settlement of bets is already determined.
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:41 AM BST
should have been a winner your amla bet
Report Sodiology March 29, 2017 1:44 AM BST
I've contacted them. There's nothing in there rules regarding it, apart from above about it being irrespective of rain delays.

They have settled the under 170 runs bet @ 6/4 as a winner, so I don't see how this market is that much different? I've had a fair wedge on at 50/1 and I need that cash. After the amount of money I've lost with them in the past, I want it!
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:47 AM BST
yeah they where probable expecting more play on day 5, and thinking they where getting free money from people that backed amla to be top bat at 50/1
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:48 AM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:44AM, Sodiology wrote:


I've contacted them. There's nothing in there rules regarding it, apart from above about it being irrespective of rain delays.They have settled the under 170 runs bet @ 6/4 as a winner, so I don't see how this market is that much different? I've had a fair wedge on at 50/1 and I need that cash. After the amount of money I've lost with them in the past, I want it!


you going to take them to a smalls claim case

Report Sodiology March 29, 2017 1:50 AM BST
Five Day Matches
Match Betting/Draw-No-Bet/Double Chance
Bets will stand on the official result provided at least one ball has been bowled. In the event of a tie then dead-heat rules will apply and bets on the draw will be losers.
The result of a match is a tie when the scores are equal at the conclusion of play, but only if the side batting last has completed its innings (i.e. all innings are completed, or, in limited-overs cricket, the set number of overs has been played or play is terminally stopped by weather or bad light).
If a match is abandoned due to outside interference then bets will be made void.
Outside interference does not include weather events.
Top Batsman/Bowler
Only the first inning counts.

Bets placed on any player not in the starting 11 are void. Bets on players who are selected but do not bat or do not bowl will be settled as losers.
A minimum of 50 overs must be bowled unless All Out. Otherwise bets are void.


That's what they are claiming. Is this a five day match? ( I know it's five days but isn't it a test match )

Plus what's the ruling of only first innings count, why have they got that there and then offer a market for the second innings?
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 1:53 AM BST
A minimum of 50 overs unless all out i think they are covered on this lol
Report Sodiology March 29, 2017 1:56 AM BST
That's for top batsman/bowler markets that are offered pre match though. Above it states 'Only first inning counts'

Why offer a market IN-PLAY 'Current Innings Top Batsman' ?

At the top of the rules it states in-play bets aren't affected by rain and there is no mention of the 50 over rule.
Report slip5 March 29, 2017 2:00 AM BST
was the 2nd inning market in play yesterday only or also today day 5
Report Sodiology March 29, 2017 2:01 AM BST
It was in-play during the day today, even though play wasn't actually happening, it's classed as in-play and not pre match.
Report Charkitz March 29, 2017 8:42 AM BST
Bet I'm not the only one that feels they coulda made more out of this. All those 100k bets that went down on NZ at 1.4, 1.45 and 1.55 have made me feel a bit sick actually. I mean I piss fart around on here doing ok, then someone comes along and makes 300k + in one day, makes me realise I'm wasting my time, and that everyone else on here is wasting their time unless they've got some sort of advantage.
Report Charkitz March 29, 2017 8:44 AM BST
Thankfully I'm not lazy, I plan to do something about it. As of tomorrow I begin my journey to becoming a meteorologist. Not to have job as meteorologist, but to trade on here or trade future stock markets. Can't wait to have up to date information before it's released to the public Excited
Report pxb March 29, 2017 9:18 AM BST
Good luck with that Charkitz.
Report hologon March 29, 2017 9:46 AM BST
How much was traded on this market?
Report Charkitz March 29, 2017 9:55 AM BST
Cheers pxb. Hopefully Betfair is still around in 5 years time lol. Hologen think it was around 18 million just before all those bets got hit at 1.01 which distort the figures a bit. 18 million Aussie dollars that is
Report detraveller March 29, 2017 10:12 AM BST
Was Amla top Bat 50/1 settled as winner?

Refarding someone asking if this was a 4-day test or a 5-day test, it was 5 day. However, if the first day had been washed out and they had started the next day, it would have been considered a 4-day test, for which, at least the follow on rule is different(150).
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 10:18 AM BST
Bookies are bast ards and commission kills...........

Get enough to get out and stay out..........i have a way to go...

shares and property are my way forward...........
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 10:29 AM BST
btw

when i mentioned sleep and waiting for 1.3, it was in response to the psychology debate.

Just wanted to see if i got any bite..just fun...

that said i did expect something silly to occur and i slept through the 1.01 back to 1.1

which i now rue considerably....just so tired...

Well done to everyone and for sharing....Laugh
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 10:30 AM BST
Grant you liked that one.............Laugh
Report roache March 29, 2017 12:43 PM BST
For all the cricket brains on here now is the time to own up so come on who was balls deep on the draw with the weather saving your bacon as without the 5th day weather this was never going to be a draw in fact i doub't whether NZ would have needed to bat again and factoring in the weather in trades is a seperate gamble in itself with the constantly changing weather forecasts.
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 1:01 PM BST
Roache, you have not read any of the thread.

You have not tracked the price movements for 8 days.

This forum and the people on it have totally cleaned up..

I would say a 95% ratio of winners, if not 99.

HTH..........Welcome...btw.............Grin
Report hologon March 29, 2017 1:36 PM BST
Thanks Charkitz sure Betfair love these kind of matches as well as weather buffs , be lucky
Report roache March 29, 2017 2:55 PM BST
Pecker don't forget for your numerous winning bets whilst cleaning up you will need the same amount of losers so they get matched Cry
Report Charlie March 29, 2017 3:00 PM BST
Roache it's obviously true about equal number of winning bets and losing bets but it doesn't mean to say that the losing bets were placed by the forumites.
Report Fatslogger March 29, 2017 3:10 PM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 1:01PM, peckerdunne wrote:


Roache, you have not read any of the thread.You have not tracked the price movements for 8 days.This forum and the people on it have totally cleaned up..I would say a 95% ratio of winners, if not 99.HTH..........Welcome...btw.............


While your post is correct, he had me bang to rights in terms of my days 3 and 4 position. Having said that, I did lay NZ as hard as I did expecting rain so I don't feel I was that lucky that some rain fell.

Report Whisperingdeath March 29, 2017 3:27 PM BST
The weather didn't neccessarily save anyone roache,

It is one of the factors in Test Cricket and one of the things that make this particular sport so facinating particularly for gamblers.

I did not watch any of this Test due to other committments so decided not to bet on it, however, I took some India winnings for a " gamble " on a wetaher play and a market overreaction to the fall of wickets and certainty of a result despite nasty but unfathomable weather.

Anyone who called the cricket absolutely right and bagged NZ deserved to lose if they didn't consider the weather being a factor as much aa a stonewall from he who has done it before FAF and a crackerjack from DK. Those two could have saved the match in three hours.
Report roache March 29, 2017 4:07 PM BST
Congrats to those who won but the weather itself is a gamble with so many conflicting weather reports even on this thread and how many times are weather reports incorrect or they change hourly.I stay clear of the cricket betting as am no good at it but i have been following threads from this and the ind/aus series.
Report pxb March 29, 2017 4:11 PM BST
It is one of the factors in Test Cricket and one of the things that make this particular sport so facinating particularly for gamblers.

After the start of play, my reds never went above a few hundred. I made my substantial profit by trading the draw. Not particularly well at times, I must say. This was the most volatile weather play from before start of play day 1 I can remember. I don't expect to see another like it for quite a while.
Report Cardinal Scott March 29, 2017 4:54 PM BST
As a Draw backer only time I felt threatened and in an unsafe place was when Saffers were 2 down for not many in 1st innings and even then there was considerable market love for the draw that stopped me panicking!....From then on was tick nicking all the way through. Grin
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 8:38 PM BST
Work activities
In weather forecasting, typical work activities involve:
• Using sophisticated computer systems to collate the
flow of data from satellite images, radar, remote
sensors and weather stations all over the world.
• Using physical and mathematical models to analyse
and interpret the results to make short- and long-range
weather forecasts.
• Presenting weather information to a wide range of
communities, including aviation, shipping, the utilities,
the armed forces, farmers, the insurance industry, the
emergency services and the general public.
• Liaising with colleagues and clients from around the
country and worldwide.
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 8:39 PM BST
In research, typical work activities include:
• Studying air flow, clouds and precipitation, and climate
change.
• Developing mathematical representations to help
predict atmospheric processes and improve the
accuracy of forecasts.
• Monitoring and predicting climate change, pollution,
ozone depletion and their effects on the global
environment.
• Researching seasonal forecasting, ocean forecasting
and climate prediction.
• Presenting findings to colleagues, governments and
policy makers
Report Whisperingdeath March 29, 2017 8:44 PM BST
roache

Question. Do you actually like Test Cricket?

Are you fascinated by cricket, enjoy watching it, talking about it, have played it / would like to play it, interested in the science of it, the history, facts and figures and records and personalities etc etc etc?

If you are then you are in a good place. There are some people here with a love for the game and also a lot of knowledge and when they get it wrong and they do there is someone to kick them up the jacksy with an alternative position or take.

From a gambling point of view I am guessing on here we win more than most other sports and possibly more than most other cricket gamblers without inside information. Of course I have absolutely nothing to back that up!

Stick with it. Oh and if you dont like cricket like Grant and T3 then the IPL starts on 5th April. That is much easier to gamble on, usually either a team wins or loses! oh and most games are played on runways!
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 8:47 PM BST
So if it's boring geeks your looking for...........Laugh
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 8:47 PM BST
you're
Report GRANTCKING March 29, 2017 8:56 PM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 8:44PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:


roacheQuestion. Do you actually like Test Cricket?Are you fascinated by cricket, enjoy watching it, talking about it, have played it / would like to play it, interested in the science of it, the history, facts and figures and records and personalities etc etc etc?If you are then you are in a good place. There are some people here with a love for the game and also a lot of knowledge and when they get it wrong and they do there is someone to kick them up the jacksy with an alternative position or take.From a gambling point of view I am guessing on here we win more than most other sports and possibly more than most other cricket gamblers without inside information. Of course I have absolutely nothing to back that up!Stick with it. Oh and if you dont like cricket like Grant and T3 then the IPL starts on 5th April. That is much easier to gamble on, usually either a team wins or loses! oh and most games are played on runways!


LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report Whisperingdeath March 29, 2017 8:56 PM BST
or pedants who like to correct typo's......
Report GRANTCKING March 29, 2017 8:57 PM BST
WD will u be joining us this IPL Love
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 8:59 PM BST
a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.

Nice word


And as WD might say


If you are afraid of risk you are afraid of reward...........Wink
Report Whisperingdeath March 29, 2017 9:00 PM BST
I've missed you Grant!

The cricket season is over and I am looking forward to hearing a lot from you next month. O hope you will do your pitch report as a special feature like the Californian weatherman.

You know I love the IPL Grant. I am a Mumbai Indians fan! I even bought a snide shirt for £6 on the internet to wear during their televised matches!
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 9:03 PM BST
IPL  Always worries me

Usually goes like this

I plan an average per game scaling up as i go.....

If it goes quite well i can make 40k...

After 76 matches or so........

I have lost 10k............Laugh
Report GRANTCKING March 29, 2017 9:05 PM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 9:00PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:


I've missed you Grant!The cricket season is over and I am looking forward to hearing a lot from you next month. O hope you will do your pitch report as a special feature like the Californian weatherman.You know I love the IPL Grant. I am a Mumbai Indians fan! I even bought a snide shirt for £6 on the internet to wear during their televised matches!


CoolGrin

Report GRANTCKING March 29, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Mumbai isn't the same now sloth lost all his weight Sad
Report GRANTCKING March 29, 2017 9:06 PM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 9:03PM, peckerdunne wrote:


IPL  Always worries meUsually goes like thisI plan an average per game scaling up as i go.....If it goes quite well i can make 40k...After 76 matches or so........I have lost 10k............


LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 9:11 PM BST
Laugh

Just got season 5 of Walking dead...Laugh

I'll start watching now......

U ever watch it G
Report GRANTCKING March 29, 2017 9:11 PM BST
never watched it pecker!
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 9:15 PM BST
Pretty darn good to my surprise...

The son gets me into stuff i thought i would never like...

Game of Thrones being another..
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 9:17 PM BST
ok laters

20 more for 3000.........Grin
Report tyco161 March 29, 2017 9:29 PM BST

Mar 28, 2017 -- 2:16PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:


tyco16128 Mar 17 09:32Agreed, with the forecast holding I would be smashing into that draw too. Problem for me the forecast has been less than reliable so going to wait this one out. Should really have gone to Hamilton but pulled my hammy on Saturday and need it to be ready in 2 weeks so cannot afford the trip (physically).Sorry tyco,But I need some clarification.a. Do they not have cars in NZB. No public transportC. Your horse was lamed. None of the aboveI am confused as to how a pulled hammy would stop you going to a game of cricket.I remain Sir your humble servant!


just caught your post... yes we have cars, even planes, but just the movement was causing me a lot of pain and I want to get my hammy back in shape for a trip in 2 weeks time so did not want anything to aggravate it. Even travelling hurt like hell and driving was not comfortable etc....

Report tomtimtum March 29, 2017 9:44 PM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 8:44PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:


roacheQuestion. Do you actually like Test Cricket?Are you fascinated by cricket, enjoy watching it, talking about it, have played it / would like to play it, interested in the science of it, the history, facts and figures and records and personalities etc etc etc?If you are then you are in a good place. There are some people here with a love for the game and also a lot of knowledge and when they get it wrong and they do there is someone to kick them up the jacksy with an alternative position or take.From a gambling point of view I am guessing on here we win more than most other sports and possibly more than most other cricket gamblers without inside information. Of course I have absolutely nothing to back that up!Stick with it. Oh and if you dont like cricket like Grant and T3 then the IPL starts on 5th April. That is much easier to gamble on, usually either a team wins or loses! oh and most games are played on runways!


I love cricket more than anyone, just don't like boring cricket!
(Am a huge fan of test matches just not boring ones!)

Report tomtimtum March 29, 2017 9:47 PM BST

Mar 29, 2017 -- 12:43PM, roache wrote:


For all the cricket brains on here now is the time to own up so come on who was balls deep on the draw with the weather saving your bacon as without the 5th day weather this was never going to be a draw in fact i doub't whether NZ would have needed to bat again and factoring in the weather in trades is a seperate gamble in itself with the constantly changing weather forecasts.


Know for a fact Grant was balls deep on the draw but he had spent hours using his home made meteorological models and predicted a full day of rain on day 5 with 100% certainty

Report tomtimtum March 29, 2017 9:52 PM BST



Here he is, hard at work analysing his home made weather reports.
Report peckerdunne March 29, 2017 10:20 PM BST
Laugh

Some sickos on here....................Laugh
Report Fatslogger March 30, 2017 12:20 PM BST
I love now that the test is finished the thread gets used for Grant baiting.

Still jolly pleased I got out of gaol in both this and the India Australia test when staring down £5k plus reds on very plausible outcomes.
Report detraveller March 30, 2017 1:01 PM BST
I realize now i was addicted to this test. Going through withdrawal at the moment.
Report roache March 30, 2017 6:58 PM BST
Whisper
Played competitive cricket for a very long time and still playing,prefer test matches to the one dayers as the balance has gone way too far to the batsman now in the one dayers.
Report peckerdunne March 30, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Agree
Report VardonVoo. March 30, 2017 9:21 PM BST

Mar 30, 2017 -- 12:20PM, Fatslogger wrote:


I love now that the test is finished the thread gets used for Grant baiting. Still jolly pleased I got out of gaol in both this and the India Australia test when staring down £5k plus reds on very plausible outcomes.


Good to see the older spelling of "gaol" for a change. "Monopoly" has a lot to answer for...

Report Fatslogger March 30, 2017 9:24 PM BST

Mar 30, 2017 -- 9:21PM, VardonVoo. wrote:


Mar 30, 2017 -- 12:20PM, Fatslogger wrote:I love now that the test is finished the thread gets used for Grant baiting. Still jolly pleased I got out of gaol in both this and the India Australia test when staring down £5k plus reds on very plausible outcomes.Good to see the older spelling of "gaol" for a change. "Monopoly" has a lot to answer for...


Thanks. I'm an ageing pedant. The English version is far better. When you spend as much time in gaol as I do, it's nice to have an interesting way of spelling it.

Report VardonVoo. March 30, 2017 9:25 PM BST
As for addiction, how weird has it been to look at the clear lifeless weather radar over the last couple of days and feel a sense of loss coupled with a kind of spooky calm haunted only by the ghost of recent chaos? Like an empty battlefield after the bodies have been removed.
Report Fatslogger March 31, 2017 6:53 AM BST
I think a lot of us got very invested in this test and not just financially. I certainly felt a little pang of regret and loss on closing the five windows I had open dedicated to Hamilton weather.
Report peckerdunne March 31, 2017 10:29 AM BST
It might not be so lifeless in Sri tomorrow.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now