Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kenny mann
12 Jun 16 12:10
| Topic/replies: 36,420 | Blogger: kenny mann's blog
By all means kill it, if it's deemed necessary, but don't smirk about it!

I won't be watching any matches with this **** in again.

Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Alistair Cook, grinning over a shot...
Show More
Report detraveller June 12, 2016 6:24 PM BST
Grow up.
Report gaz255 June 12, 2016 6:32 PM BST
A definite lack of media awareness here.A world class player should have had training to avoid this sort of picture.It does his image no good at all and in the future such things may come back to haunt him and indeed anyone in the 21st century who is in the limelight.
Report tomtimtum June 12, 2016 8:26 PM BST
strip him of his knighthood
Report pxb June 13, 2016 12:43 AM BST
He could come to Western Australia. We pay people to shoot animals from helicopters here, which is much more fun.
Report jucel69 June 13, 2016 12:54 AM BST
It's not a juvenile deer, it's a Chinese water deer which is a small breed.
He was learning deer management a while ago so it's probably to do with that.
As pxb says, in Aus they cull a lot of roos, as they are a nuisance, and can cause a lot of accidents.
Report pxb June 13, 2016 1:15 AM BST
Cattle are worse. In the Pilbara a couple of weeks ago, cattle would wander out of the bush in front of me. Tricky when you are doing 150km/h. Roos don't even dent your roo bar. I once hit 3 in about 20 minutes. Just the smallest of dents. Cattle can make a real mess if you hit them at speed.

And I heard of a guy had an eagle feeding on roadkill come through his windscreen.
Report appformat June 13, 2016 4:07 PM BST
so brave of him to take on that defenceless animal with a weapon.
he must be very proud of himself.
Report kenny mann June 13, 2016 9:42 PM BST
He certainly looks proud. Not the depths Glen McGrath stooped to, but pretty sickening.
Report pxb June 14, 2016 1:47 AM BST
It's either a Chinese Water Deer or a Muntjac deer. Both are feral pests in the UK, without predators. Shooting is probably the only legal way to control their numbers. In Australia we would just poison the b_u_ggers.
Report JRAS June 14, 2016 12:47 PM BST
where I live they are a serious road hazard, and their numbers are now out of control. Loads of dead ones by the roadside and having hit one last year I know how much damage they can do, and how little time you have to take evasive action....if theres any room to take evasive action. Still, a bit naive of Alistair Cook...thats if its a real photo and not just some troublemakers photo shop
Report JRAS June 14, 2016 12:49 PM BST
and as for "trapped in a pen". That a 3 foot fence. A deer will easily clear 6 feet and more.
Report Whisperingdeath June 14, 2016 9:10 PM BST

pxb
13 Jun 16 01:15

Tricky when you are doing 150km/h.  Cattle can make a real mess if you hit them at speed.

Slow down!
Report Whisperingdeath June 14, 2016 9:14 PM BST
Sorry pxb

What I meant to say is that this is a nation of animal lovers. You are on a hiding to nothing!
Report peckerdunne June 14, 2016 9:16 PM BST
Yeh, mind your hide.
Report pxb June 15, 2016 1:29 AM BST
What I meant to say is that this is a nation of animal lovers. You are on a hiding to nothing!

Easy when the wildlife is cute and harmless. Not so easy when much of it can kill you in a variety of ways.
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2016 4:38 PM BST
I don't think Cook was in much danger from that animalCry!
Report breadnbutter June 15, 2016 5:31 PM BST
Its not Mr Cooks  fault your DNA is all wishy washy ,leave the bloke alone .

Wild Venison has at least had some sort of wild life before being harvested ,this as already pointed out is a Chinese Water deer ,non native species .

A cousin of Rudolph, as it's name suggests the Chinese water deer is not originally from around these parts. However the UK population of the species now forms more than 10% of the world population - more than in their native China, where they are declining.
Unlike other deer species, male Chinese water deer don't grow antlers, instead having tusks (modified canine teeth) which are used for fighting. They stand 50-55cm tall at the shoulder and have large round ears.
Less often seen than our other small non-native deer the muntjac, Chinese water deer like wet, marshy habitat and shy away from more populated areas. They are best seen at dawn and dusk in the Norfolk Broads. The height of the rutting season is November and December, where males use their tusks to fight for mates and territories.

Stop trying to pretend man is not a hunter ,its in our blood and nowt wrong with hunting ,fishing and shooting ,perfectly natural pastime .
Report Whisperingdeath June 15, 2016 8:21 PM BST
I don't think blasting Bambi with a high powered rifle is very sporting!
Report Cardinal Scott June 15, 2016 9:51 PM BST
Horrible Image!..............altered my view of him!
Report Fermat June 16, 2016 9:25 PM BST
We have a deer roast every summer and I can assure you the deer doesn't volunteer for it. What a fuss over nothing.
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2016 9:45 PM BST
Who killed Bambi?

T3 I challenge you to name that tune in 1
Report pxb June 17, 2016 12:05 AM BST
I've always maintained I wouldn't eat anything I wasn't prepared to kill myself.

Good job I don't like bear meat.
Report Foinavon June 17, 2016 12:34 PM BST
When wildlife reaches unsustainable or nuisance proportions, I would rather see them culled in this way than have them torn apart by packs of hounds.
Report VardonVoo. June 17, 2016 9:35 PM BST
?
Report VardonVoo. June 17, 2016 9:35 PM BST
?
Report kenny mann December 27, 2017 11:23 AM GMT
Good knock (albeit a bit late)

Spelt his name wrong, it's AlAstair.
Report DStyle December 29, 2017 10:19 AM GMT
my god, hodge is phenomenally boring. couldn't they have miked up someone else.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now