Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Torquemada
14 Feb 19 14:13
| Topic/replies: 3,584 | Blogger: Torquemada's blog
Who's your money on?

a) Booker?
b) Harris?
c) Warren?
d) Biden?
e) Clinton?
f) Sanders?
g) None of the above?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Democrat Nominee for 2020...
Show More
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:21 PM GMT
The Starbucks dude as an independent throws an interesting spanner in the works.
Report Mr Eboue February 14, 2019 3:22 PM GMT
Beto O’ Rourke.

Should he win the presidency I will make a fortune and treat everyone on chit chat to a week in the Bahamas.
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:25 PM GMT
Oh yeah, I forgot about him!
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:28 PM GMT
I saw him the other night, too. He sounded embarrassingly obsequious and whining when talking about a border wall. He seems far too PC to me.
Report donny osmond February 14, 2019 3:30 PM GMT
beto has been backed to be vice presidant too...
Report donny osmond February 14, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
or rather to be nomination to be vice president, on dem ticket.
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
I suppose it would make sense to pick him as a running mate. Cover all the bases etc.
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:37 PM GMT
I see him as a sort of parody of all that's wrong with the loony left at the moment. He's more interested in virtue signalling than anything else.
Report donny osmond February 14, 2019 3:40 PM GMT
i think much will depend on if trumpy is standing again, obviously at this time that looks
short odds, but if not then i think dem race is far more open.
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:43 PM GMT
Booker might have been okay if it wasn't for that car crash performance during the Kavanaugh fiasco.

Harris is flat out useless.

Clinton. Please let it be her again just for the pleasure of watching her lose again.

Biden. No chance.

Warren. 2020th for 2020. Laugh

Sanders. Shafted by Crooked Hillary last time out, but surely too old?

None of the above? Probably the Dirty Dems best chance IMO. Pick somebody not tainted by their utter madness of the last two years.
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:45 PM GMT
True, Donny. The other Donny might not run for a second term. I'm at about 50/50 on that one.
Report aaronh February 14, 2019 3:46 PM GMT
Bernie or absolutely none of the above
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:47 PM GMT
Don't you think Bernie is too old?
Report aaronh February 14, 2019 3:53 PM GMT
Probably. More of a reflection of the rest. Warren might have been ok but basically the DNA test charade is a huge knock on her and would have been even if she had proven to have had sizable heritage.

If he doesn't run, be interesting to see who he endorses
Report Torquemada February 14, 2019 3:57 PM GMT
Robert Mueller? Grin
Report aaronh February 14, 2019 3:59 PM GMT
Kamala is the chosen one of the Hillbots and is going to get skewered by the left for her past. Somewhat concerning she is fave
Report nellie1970 February 14, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
Harris already 4 Pinocchioed by Washington post for tax tweet.But she seems to have the liberal media behind her

can not wait to see them wriggle and squirm out of their support for the green new dealLaugh

name is Robert not Beto.
Spartacus Booker will be fun to watch
Warren will leave the reservation not before claiming a few scalps so that leaves Biden and Bernie

i think Sherrod Brown may throw his hat in the ring to
Report Ramruma February 15, 2019 1:58 AM GMT
Dunno. Could be none of the above. Dems will be like the Republicans were last time round with more than a dozen contenders at the start of the primaries.
Report politicspunter February 15, 2019 9:44 AM GMT

Feb 14, 2019 -- 9:43AM, Torquemada wrote:

Booker might have been okay if it wasn't for that car crash performance during the Kavanaugh fiasco.Harris is flat out useless.Clinton. Please let it be her again just for the pleasure of watching her lose again.Biden. No chance.Warren. 2020th for 2020. Sanders. Shafted by Crooked Hillary last time out, but surely too old?None of the above? Probably the Dirty Dems best chance IMO. Pick somebody not tainted by their utter madness of the last two years.

Torquemada, let me give you some sound advice. Don't bet on politics.

Report lybertyne February 15, 2019 9:45 AM GMT
Waste of time.  Trump wins.
Report nellie1970 February 15, 2019 9:47 AM GMT
CNN having debates on consecutive nights because of the number of candidates
Report nellie1970 February 15, 2019 11:47 AM GMT
to get in the debates the candidates can qualify if they show their campaign has received 65,000 unique donors and a minimum 200 unique donors per state in at least 20 states

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/14/18225341/dnc-tom-perez-debates-2020-president
Report David Fishwick Minibus Sales February 15, 2019 12:31 PM GMT
https://youtu.be/AljakpXAh7c
Report john92 February 15, 2019 1:21 PM GMT
This new rule could easily be used to throw Sanders out before he has even started

a candidate must

“affirmatively demonstrate that they are faithful to the interests, welfare and success of the Democratic Party of the United States.”

Gabbard has been mercilessly attacked for a couple of years now, her treatment by MSNBC recently was horrendous, a NY Times writer/columnist went on Joe Rogan slating her, called her an Assad toadie, then couldn't answer what toadie meant... unaware that Tulsi had been a guest on Rogan's show.

The more progressive candidates need to pick one so the vote won't get split, I guess that's why Warren is running.

Harris is the golden child. Been named dropped by Clinton as far back as her book tour interviews over a year ago. She has the machine behind her.
Report nellie1970 February 15, 2019 2:25 PM GMT
the NYTS journo on Joe Rogan shows how clueless these people are. Embarrasing to say the least her boss should have fired her after that debacle
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 3:40 PM GMT

Feb 15, 2019 -- 7:21AM, john92 wrote:

This new rule could easily be used to throw Sanders out before he has even starteda candidate must“affirmatively demonstrate that they are faithful to the interests, welfare and success of the Democratic Party of the United States.”Gabbard has been mercilessly attacked for a couple of years now, her treatment by MSNBC recently was horrendous, a NY Times writer/columnist went on Joe Rogan slating her, called her an Assad toadie, then couldn't answer what toadie meant... unaware that Tulsi had been a guest on Rogan's show. The more progressive candidates need to pick one so the vote won't get split, I guess that's why Warren is running.Harris is the golden child. Been named dropped by Clinton as far back as her book tour interviews over a year ago. She has the machine behind her.

Bernie still gets the blame from the Hillbots for her losing and no doubt they will do the same if he is perceived to have damaged Kamala's chances. He or another clear progressive is needed to shift the conversation left. Some dull centrist who is essentially a kinder person enacting some GOP policies, who are they really appealing to?

Report SontaranStratagem February 15, 2019 5:30 PM GMT
Doesn't matter who they stick in next because once Trump has finished attacking the constitution anyone can come in and do as they are told by their masters imo

How Trumps base can't see him for what he is is quite baffling tbh
Report timbuctooth February 15, 2019 8:28 PM GMT
None of the above can win. Huge leftward move by democrats, great news for The Don as he will ROMP all over them. Two who would make a closer race of it are Michelle Obama and Oprah.
Report SontaranStratagem February 15, 2019 8:55 PM GMT
Trump shouldn't be winning anything tbh, he's literally betrayed his base with the constant climb downs , him saying "they'll sue me now" wont wash with some of the more astute followers of his, the one's wanting all out mayhem wont like it either

Trump looks a right s*** arse now, and to top it all off he's normalising "executive powers" when it comes to "national security", can't wait to see what his dumb followers think of that in 2-6 years time.
Report SontaranStratagem February 15, 2019 8:57 PM GMT
Can't wait for them whinging about it online Laugh

"how can they use executive power? it shouldn't be allowed" < totally forgetting the time they demanded Trump use same said "executive powers"

What a world Crazy
Report drive for show putt for dough February 15, 2019 9:22 PM GMT
Going to be a lot of runners

Andrew Yang, John Delaney two to watch
Report Torquemada February 15, 2019 9:26 PM GMT
Never heard of those two. What do you think of Shultz's chances as an independent?
Report A_T February 15, 2019 9:30 PM GMT
God help whoever it is the amount of sh1t Trump and the Russians will throw at them will be unprecedented.
Report Torquemada February 15, 2019 9:31 PM GMT
The Russians! Laugh
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:08 PM GMT

Feb 15, 2019 -- 3:26PM, Torquemada wrote:

Never heard of those two. What do you think of Shultz's chances as an independent?

hopefully this attention seeking moron moves on quite quickly, offering actually nothing and only getting attention cause he is a billionaire

Report Torquemada February 15, 2019 11:10 PM GMT
He seems quite popular with much of the left though, does he not?
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:11 PM GMT
Laugh
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:12 PM GMT
don't fish me please
Report Torquemada February 15, 2019 11:14 PM GMT
He's even offered to stand aside should it appear he might be splitting the lefty vote! Laugh
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:15 PM GMT
learn to distinguish left and liberal please Cry

and I think even most liberals hate this guy too
Report Torquemada February 15, 2019 11:16 PM GMT
Really? He seems to love them! I wonder why that might be, eh? Laugh
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:22 PM GMT
probably thinks he can siphon up anti-Trump votes but I think he has basically proven he is a no hoper by now. who is he really appealing to?
Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:23 PM GMT

Feb 15, 2019 -- 3:22PM, drive for show putt for dough wrote:

Going to be a lot of runnersAndrew Yang, John Delaney two to watch

the WH Psychologist that Yang wants could do with turning up now Plain

Report aaronh February 15, 2019 11:25 PM GMT
loved when Schultz said he doesn't want to be called a billionaire, but a "person of means" or something to that effect
Report nellie1970 February 16, 2019 8:25 AM GMT
Bernie not even a Dem he shouted and screamed for a third party movement for years wonder what changed

Harris sounds a bright spark telling everyone she smoked pot and supports pot legalisation.Wonder how many she incarcerated for pot????

Biden to decide by end of month had a little bit on him

as i said before most of the candidates have signed on to the green new deal.lets see how long it is before they start to wriggle out of thatGrin
Report A_T February 16, 2019 8:51 AM GMT
Torquemada    Joined: 27 Apr 12
Replies: 3466 15 Feb 19 21:31 
The Russians! Laugh

Why laugh? it's established that members of the Trump camp were working with the Russians. the only thing in question is the level of Donnie's involvement.
Report Pokermonster February 16, 2019 10:00 AM GMT
I'd be happy to see Booker win the nomination.

I don't agree with his political views too often, but he's a vegan and that counts for a lot with me. :)
Report nellie1970 February 16, 2019 10:18 AM GMT
Booker will be fun to watch.we need how many times will he shed a tear market when the campaigns get into full gear
Report Pokermonster February 16, 2019 10:21 AM GMT
They will all be fun to watch. It's going to be great theatre.
Report nellie1970 February 16, 2019 10:28 AM GMT
the billionaires will take some hammer over the upcoming months no doubt
Report politicspunter February 16, 2019 10:57 AM GMT
Some of the democrat candidates are a ludicrously short price at the moment.
Report john92 February 16, 2019 4:59 PM GMT
"Some dull centrist who is essentially a kinder person enacting some GOP policies, who are they really appealing to?"

The Democrat nominee must appeal to their donors and the military industrial complex.
Report aaronh February 17, 2019 2:32 PM GMT
^ sad but true

Schultz is demanding Dems run a centrist candidate and he will bow out LOL. He should run as a Dem and push his agenda if he is that convinced it is the right way. As it is, he has no chance and will just fade away and hopefully be ignored soon.
Report nellie1970 February 19, 2019 11:27 AM GMT
Bernie just announced he is running
Report boxingthefox February 19, 2019 11:31 AM GMT
Bernie the Bolt!, Shocked He'll have a 'Golden shot' at it, but wont hit the bullseye.
Report aaronh February 19, 2019 11:35 AM GMT
Klobuchar basically talking about how she supports none of the newer progressive causes. Sure that will fire up the base Excited
Report john92 February 19, 2019 2:16 PM GMT
Bernie "they won't cheat me or call me a racist and sexist this time" Sanders.

I've watched interviews with someone from Bernie's 2016 campaign, Nick Branna. He started the 'draft Bernie' movement to get Sanders to start a new party/head a coalition on the left, basically in line with what Sanders has been advocating for his entire career.

When asked why Bernie didn't run in 2016 as an independent, or take up the offer of the Green ticket, or do anything similar afterwards, Nick quoted Sanders as saying something like "I don't want to end up like Ralph Nader"..... in other words made a scapegoat for a Trump victory which turned out well since Trump won anyway.

The Nader quote is really interesting as it shows how restrictive the 2 party system is in America, where they have the 'best democracy on earth', they bomb other countries in the name of 'democracy' yet if you dare to participate in democracy you will be hounded and blamed forever by establishment Democrats in order to maintain their own position.

Nader is an American hero. He has dedicated his life to causes which have benefited virtually every American yet the still blame him for Bush winning Florida even though more Democrats in Florida voted for Bush than the total number of Nader voters.
Report Pokermonster February 19, 2019 2:24 PM GMT
A lot of Democrat politicians will be aghast at Bernie's announcement.
Report aaronh February 19, 2019 3:11 PM GMT
It's ok, they should be able to defeat him easily in the battle of ideas
Report aaronh February 19, 2019 3:15 PM GMT
If they are scared of a social democrat in the contest, says more about them than him
Report Pokermonster February 19, 2019 4:09 PM GMT
Even with Clinton controlling the entire DNC they only just beat Sanders last time out. He was widely seen as being cheated of the nomination, in fact, and this general consensus will very much work in his favour.

The likes of Harris, Booker and Warren will struggle against him in debate.
Report aaronh February 19, 2019 4:14 PM GMT
On this occasion there is so many candidates that him vs the Establishment might not work. Although it does feel like they're circling around Kamala at the same time
Report Pokermonster February 19, 2019 4:20 PM GMT
I'm looking forward to the battle whatever happens.

I doubt we'll witness the kind of vitriolic acrimony on show when Clinton and Obama butted heads in 2008, but one can always hope.
Report aaronh February 19, 2019 4:29 PM GMT
the Hillary side of Twitter between people I follow and looking through responses to journalists are absolutely seething at Bernie running again. I'm sure they will play nicely once they unite behind their chosen one ExcitedExcited
Report politicspunter February 19, 2019 5:16 PM GMT
As I said up thread there are some ludicrously short priced democrat candidates and with more likely to enter, laying some at the head of the market is worth considering.
Report nellie1970 February 21, 2019 9:05 AM GMT
FEELING THE BERN

six million raised in first 24 hrs

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-24-hour-fundraising-6-million/index.html
Report aaronh February 21, 2019 9:29 AM GMT
Hope these people can spare a dollar for the other progressive candidates Happy
Report nellie1970 February 23, 2019 8:36 AM GMT
after the Washington Post went after Bernie in a big way to help Clinton in 2016 running 16 anti Bernie stories in 16 hours it seems the smearing has already in full flow for 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzB5DHj6n1M
Report john92 February 23, 2019 1:50 PM GMT
Hello there fellow Dore fan Laugh

All this Bernie bro, not popular with women or non-whites... it's so bad it can prove Trump right re. 'fake news'
Report aaronh February 23, 2019 5:26 PM GMT
i think even a poll came out as such. but if anyone knew anything about the grassroots of either him (or Corbyn, who gets the same accusations really) support they would see that there is a heavy backing of them in these groups, especially women.

I think billionaires for as liberal as they can be would still rather beat the politics of Bernie than Trump
Report nellie1970 February 25, 2019 11:48 AM GMT
Elizabeth Warren announced Monday will shun fundraising through dinners,donor calls and cocktail parties

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/25/elizabeth-warren-campaign-donors-1182736
Report nellie1970 February 25, 2019 5:35 PM GMT
Bernie town hall tonight with CNNs Wolf i love Hillary Blitzer

Bernie sure to say to night

healthcare for all
highest prescription drugs in the world
minimum wage to ridiculous amounts
we need a political revolution
billionaire bashing and the 1% need to pay more
and my fav let me just say this over 6.5 times
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.