Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
trilby22
17 Jan 19 16:54
| Topic/replies: 24,885 | Blogger: trilby22's blog
Fiona Bruce presents debate from Derby, with a panel of politicians and other guests facing topical questions from the audience. She is joined by minister for justice with responsibility for prisons Rory Stewart, shadow home secretary Diane Abbott, deputy leader of the SNP at Westminster Kirsty Blackman, journalist Isabel Oakeshott and professor of European politics and foreign affairs at King's College Anand Menon

ExcitedGrinWink.
Share |
Show More
Report Torquemada January 18, 2019 11:55 PM GMT
Well, as it appears as if Anxious has done a runner, I'll declare my intention to go to bed.

Perhaps that will tempt him out from behind the couch. Wink
Report Torquemada January 18, 2019 11:56 PM GMT
Good night.
Report casemoney January 19, 2019 2:03 AM GMT
Diane Abbott accuses BBC Question Time of legitimising racism

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Sorry if has already been posted but forum Running Very Slow

A Guardian article , I have nearly Pished Me troozers Laugh

Donny and the Boys really need to be careful what they are saying These days , ABBOTT WILL HAVE THEM BLACKLISTED

SHE HAS FOOOOKIN LOST THE PLOT ,SAYS SHE WAS CONTINUALLY  INTERUPTED , YOU COULD NOT GET A FOOKING WORD IN EDGEWAYS

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh LABOUR WHAT A FOOKIN PARTY , A RUSSIAN IN

CHARGE OF A NUT HOUSE Laugh
Report Platini January 19, 2019 12:40 PM GMT
can you post the Abbot link, CM ?     I enjoy a good laugh Laugh
Report Just Checking January 19, 2019 1:53 PM GMT
The woman is a laughing stock and it's nothing to do with her colour, a stupid, bullsh1tting politically correct left wing fool.
Placing the "race card" because people have no respsect for here is pathetic, but typical of her.

Every time she or leftist tools like her play the victim/race card do they not realise it doesn't help, it just causes people to lose MORE respect for them (in her case, is that possible!).

But who knows maybe it will work. The arsoles at the BBC will be petrifried of not bending over backwards to show their PC credentials. Next time maybe she won't be interrupted at all and anyone in the audience who shows disapproval will be chucked out?

I mean she was all prickly about not being interupted and soon as oakshot tried to speak the stupid woman tried to talk over her, that was hilarious.
Report 1st time poster January 19, 2019 2:04 PM GMT
oakshott got form she regularly belittles,snears, etc at that black leftie she does the paper review with on sky on lots of occasions , theres deffo tension between the 2 of them and the presenter when their on together
Report Just Checking January 19, 2019 2:10 PM GMT
It's depressing reading the question time twitter feed. Full of chippy hard left conspiracy nuts who think that the racist question time is a tory / leave voting program, run by a hard right producer. God forbid these lunatic skum get power in this country.

Oh and the audience was apparently predominantly white which was bad as well. Predominantly white audience in Britain, outside london? Well I never.
Report mouse muldoon January 19, 2019 2:33 PM GMT
DON'T READ THE TWITTER FEED THEN
Report mouse muldoon January 19, 2019 2:34 PM GMT
Or if you do then seek medickal advices.
Report Just Checking January 19, 2019 2:36 PM GMT
"Or if you do then seek medickal advices. "
I'll give you a diagnosis, you're suffering from pluralcy.
Report mouse muldoon January 19, 2019 2:38 PM GMT
Yes, but my blood pressure is normal.
Report anxious January 19, 2019 2:41 PM GMT
The right wing abusive buffons are back even on a saturday afternoon
Report 1st time poster January 19, 2019 2:42 PM GMT
I,m no cheer leader for abbott by any means but when people put their hand up to speak like that bloke did and his answer had nothing to do with the topic been spoken about, saying he was mored scared of abbott been inm government than Brexit,you could say that about 550 of the current commons,even cabinet,hanncock,williamson,truss,mourdant etc,etc, doesn't add anything to the argument imo just means your sat there like a little no all waiting to make what you think is a clever,funny comment
Report mouse muldoon January 19, 2019 2:44 PM GMT
Gigi Buffon?
Report anxious January 19, 2019 2:44 PM GMT
BBC , newsnight , the guardian, jonny snow the list goes on , the bar room buffoons at it 24/7 on patrol
Report Just Checking January 19, 2019 2:49 PM GMT
"sat there like a little no all" LaughLaughLaugh Something you'll never be accused of!
Report doridoru January 19, 2019 2:52 PM GMT

Jan 19, 2019 -- 8:10AM, Just Checking wrote:

It's depressing reading the question time twitter feed. Full of chippy hard left conspiracy nuts who think that the racist question time is a tory / leave voting program, run by a hard right producer. God forbid these lunatic skum get power in this country.Oh and the audience was apparently predominantly white which was bad as well. Predominantly white audience in Britain, outside london? Well I never.

Laugh Haha yeah there is a world out of the crime ridden hell hole bubble of London, Diane Flabbot? aww poor dear the race card again, bullied on QT, erm nothing of the sort, just thick as 5hit like your average labour voter and should not even have a job in politics as totally useless!

Report moisok January 19, 2019 2:56 PM GMT
to be fair I do not think she has been well for some time

if it is diabetes, then you can get tired apart from other effects, I don't think she should be there

I said this a long time ago
Report anxious January 19, 2019 3:02 PM GMT
Yes i agree i dont think she is very well at all , she looks listless and a bit vague
Report lfc1971 January 19, 2019 3:05 PM GMT
She’s better than Corbyn
Report doridoru January 19, 2019 3:06 PM GMT
and been thick as foook for her whole career isn't going to help either
Report Platini January 19, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
"predominantly white audience" Crazy

someone should remind these nutters that their beloved EU is run by a bunch of old privileged WHITE men.  LaughLaughLaugh
Report Just Checking January 19, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
Did she have diabetes when she said of  Chairman Mao he "on balance did more good than harm".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4o5n2EGyA
Only responsible for the deaths of about 45 million, even the chinese accept it was at least 20. Far more than hitler managed to kill. Arguably the biggest mass murdered in history.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/maos-great-leap-forward-killed-45-million-in-four-years-2081630.html
Read that. But he's a far left mass murderer, Abbott and her sick in the head far left like have a lot of time for them.
Report anxious January 19, 2019 3:20 PM GMT
How many have the cia murdered over the years , helping out tin pot mobsters in in central and south america , but the tory fanboys turn a blind eye to all these kilings
Report moisok January 19, 2019 3:22 PM GMT
apart from her arrogance, and her condescending attitude

the slowness of the delivery almost talking down to people as though she is delivering a lecture to 8 year olds  ( I am not sure how much this could be attributed to the illness if at all) 

but she get's yer back up with her delivery

it is disgusting that she is hiding behind racism and sexism

but then she has always done this

why play the victim every time?
Report Just Checking January 19, 2019 3:24 PM GMT
Anxious makes one of the most pathetic attempted "whatabout" defences of the far left scum in history. Just .. I repeat .. Pathteic.
Report anxious January 19, 2019 3:25 PM GMT
Im  not defending anything you biased little fool
Report anxious January 19, 2019 3:26 PM GMT
Just pointing out that murder and killing exists on all sides
Report doridoru January 19, 2019 3:56 PM GMT

Jan 19, 2019 -- 9:08AM, Platini wrote:

"predominantly white audience" someone should remind these nutters that their beloved EU is run by a bunch of old privileged WHITE men. 

Hahaha spot on!

Report akabula January 19, 2019 8:39 PM GMT
anxious
The thing is with these bullies they think they rule and can shout everybody down , when challenged they run off and cry

Where did you get to last night after Torq challenged you? Laugh
Report moisok January 19, 2019 8:59 PM GMT
don't they prate on about white privilege and all that?  isn't the area predominantly white - like some 90 plus percent??
Report casemoney January 19, 2019 10:00 PM GMT
The likes of Anxious thinking that Abbot is on their Side the only thing she has ever been interested in is her Bank Balance Grin
Report Torquemada January 19, 2019 10:55 PM GMT
His safe space probably, Aka. Grin

Either that or trawling through the archives in some vain hope of redemption. Grin
Report trilby22 January 21, 2019 7:00 AM GMT
No Deal Cheered on Question Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time=41&v=Iwk3YMSoMI8

Isabel Love

Moaners seething Laugh
Report trilby22 January 22, 2019 5:46 AM GMT
Oh dear, the Abbottopotomous really needs to get over herself, imo Cry

"Diane Abbott rejects BBC's response to Question Time claims"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46943667
Report Hanx January 22, 2019 8:07 AM GMT
She may have a point and may, eventually, get something formal out of the BBC

However, Uncommitted Britain doesn't like a whinger and certainly doesn't like someone with a lack of self-deprecating humour.

If I were a Labour Spin Twonk, I'd get all the Opposition Front Bench some decent jokes and ripostes and tell them to get their retaliation in first - or risk coming off as po-faced, over-sensitive bores.
Report RacingCert January 22, 2019 8:23 AM GMT
Hand,
I would tend to agree with your point but then labour would lose all the momentum type supporters.
It’s a no win situation for them.
Report RacingCert January 22, 2019 8:23 AM GMT
Hanx, sorry, bleedin’ auto correct
Report RacingCert January 22, 2019 8:28 AM GMT
If anyone wants to see how right wing the bbc are just watch joco’s interview of Batten.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jo_Coburn/status/1050732953330962433
Report trilby22 January 22, 2019 9:36 AM GMT
What a jumped-up, self-important, interrupting, gobby cow that Joke O'Burn is AngryAngryAngry

Thanks for posting RC.

I think I've a pic of some Labour Front Bench banter knocking about somewhere.  I'll have a wee look in a bit … Wink
Report trilby22 January 22, 2019 10:53 AM GMT
Report Hanx January 22, 2019 11:07 AM GMT
Anyway, message sent to new girl Fiona Bruce by the Momentum thugs

'We're watching you and anymore of that stuff and  you'll be having to whistle up Laura Kuensberg's bodyguards'
Report Baphornet January 22, 2019 11:09 AM GMT
that is so good trilbyLaugh
Report The Leopard January 22, 2019 11:22 AM GMT
Attacking a woman because she made some lees than cogent remarks while suffering effects of diabetes !

Oh well done !

12 year old schoolboy humour !

( not even Trilby's...he c&p-ed it from some rightist t*t )
Report RacingCert January 22, 2019 11:41 AM GMT
She is not a well woman.
Can’t her colleagues see that?
Or are they using her so that they can take the moral high ground when the fish in the barrel is shot?
Report The Leopard January 22, 2019 11:45 AM GMT
Jeremy is very loyal to long term allies....maybe mistakenly.
Report The Leopard January 22, 2019 11:46 AM GMT
One click ! (forum buggy !)
Report Torquemada January 22, 2019 2:05 PM GMT
Wanna bet on it? Wink
Report Just Checking January 22, 2019 2:22 PM GMT
Let's take it (I don't believe it) but let's accept for argument's sake that Abbott is incompetent and thick as two planks now not due to her inherent lack of ability,  but it only now, due to diabetes.

It does NOT take away the fact that she ***IS*** incompetent and thick as mince.

The stupid people who can't be forgiven are those who think she should still be a "top" politician and possibly take a crucial government position, despite all the evidence she would be a disaster.

Government positions are not there to to virtue signal how nice lefties should be to people with sugar issues in their blood stream or anything else that renders them unfit for the job. You wouldn't play a Man Utd striker with a missing leg or a goalkeeper with broken wrists just so he didn't feel bad about himself.

WEll maybe SJWs would...
Report impossible123 January 22, 2019 2:33 PM GMT
She must know when to call it a day. She clearly does not have the ears of the majority of the Labour supporters maybe not even her front bench colleagues; do what Ken Livingston has done, just exit as gracefully as she could. And good luck to her, health wise.
Report trilby22 January 22, 2019 2:55 PM GMT
Cheers Bap but it appears Leo has a case of the humpty-dumpties, as well as talking nonsense Laugh

Hey Spotty, someone nicked your you-know-whats? Wink

Ach weel, this piece by the delectable Isabel Oakeshott should cheer him up again … Happy

The row over “racist” abuse of Diane Abbott shows how far Momentum will sink

Let me start by confessing that Diane Abbott made my heart sink long before she opened her mouth on BBC Question Time last week – and she has made it plumb the depths since.

The confected row over the shadow home secretary’s “treatment” on the show showcases all that is rotten about the current Labour leadership, and the warped priorities of deeply unpleasant Momentum activists behind it.

Neither Abbott nor I were thrilled to find ourselves sitting in close proximity on the train north for the recording of the show: nothing personal on my part, but less than ideal for rehearsing lines or taking sensitive telephone calls.

I briefly considered moving to another seat but didn’t want to be rude. There’s an unwritten rule on Question Time that however great their political differences, panellists are nice to each other off-air. After all, we’re all in it together in that bear pit. So I stayed put and went out of my way to be friendly.

By contrast, the shadow home secretary could not be bothered with the most basic civilities. In 15 years at Westminster I’ve rarely seen such bad manners – but that is by the by. Politicians are entitled to be rude, and express their distaste at sitting near me.

It is the faux allegations of racism and sexism towards Abbott on the show that really depress me – and tell us so much about the poisonous culture in sections of the Labour party.

At the heart of the controversy is a bizarre claim that during rehearsals with the audience, presenter Fiona Bruce made an off-the-cuff remark about Abbott’s fling with Jeremy Corbyn decades ago.

I can’t be certain that she didn’t, because I wasn’t in earshot. Nor was Abbott, who is relying on hearsay. However, it seems vanishingly unlikely that the ultra-professional presenter of the Antiques Roadshow would have indulged in any type of inappropriate banter in such an environment moments before the cameras rolled.

The second allegation is that the Question Time team deliberately “whipped up” the audience against Abbott before the show aired. This further stretches credulity. Such an exercise was entirely unnecessary. Labour’s incoherent Brexit policy is enough to challenge even the most loyal Labour supporters. The party leader’s childish refusal to engage in talks with Theresa May about Brexit unless she rules out “no deal” is a further gift and would have been quite enough to set off the audience. A third allegation concerns my suggestion on the show that Labour is “way behind” the Tories in the polls.

As this entirely confected row has dragged on, some Labour type with far too much time on their hands has worked out that Abbott was interrupted significantly more often than other panellists. The best explanation her supporters can come up with for this is racism, sexism or political bias on the part of the BBC.

The truth is much simpler: she talks agonisingly slowly, opening up plenty of opportunities for intervention. And once she starts, she never stops. If we all waited politely for her to finish, nobody else would ever speak.

That the Mirror’s Kevin Maguire should declare without any apparent irony that all this entirely trivial row “puts the public service broadcaster in crisis,” shows just how badly the Labour party has lost its way.

Perhaps if they spent less time pursuing trumped up grievances, and more time coming up with credible policies, they would have some chance of ousting the Tories.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/01/the-row-over-racist-abuse-of-diane-abbott-shows-how-far-momentum-will-sink/
Don't forget to check the link for some belting comments Grin
Report moisok January 22, 2019 3:01 PM GMT
so it never happened  and yet they have attempted to put QT on the back foot and the presenter also.

It is going to be sickening if they allow abbot on ever again as they will be scared to speak to her.

It may backfire badly for abbot, as people will pick on her as part of a back lash.
She or the staffer should never have started this.  It doesn't look good.
Report Just Checking January 22, 2019 3:05 PM GMT
Spectator also employs the most wonderful Isabel Hardman (they should do a tasteful "Isobels of the Spectator" calendar :)) AND a guy who isn't afraid to seek and state the Truth, Douglas Murray, plus some other very good journalists. I should start subscribing. God knows in this day and age we need good journalists to be supported. Most of the uselesss b*stards now seem to make a career trawling social media for "outrage"..
Report 1st time poster January 22, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
trilby likes to think he,s in the no,with his finger on the pulse and wants labpour to spend more time on policies,when the common concensus seems to be even tory supporters think labour have the policies but their leader is holding them back, and tories only hope is that labour don't chage their leadership to seemingly centre ground labour people
Report moisok January 22, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
you are not allowed to mention douglas murray - there will be a meltdown - the devil's.......etc etc etc  ha  haahah
Report 1st time poster January 22, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
trilby likes to think he,s in the no,with his finger on the pulse and wants labpour to spend more time on policies,when the common concensus seems to be even tory supporters think labour have the policies but their leader is holding them back, and tories only hope is that labour don't chage their leadership to seemingly centre ground labour people
Report impossible123 January 22, 2019 3:19 PM GMT
Once again political correctness has been misappropriated and advantage taken of. Let's hope the BBC do not have her on again until post the next election; she's well-past-it politically.
Report moisok January 22, 2019 3:28 PM GMT
CULTURAL APPROPRIATION    oh and yes -  it is snowing here
LISTENing to french racing commentary  - it is awful
Report impossible123 January 22, 2019 3:29 PM GMT
Of course the Tories would like Labour to think Labour have the policies, why? So that Labour would persevere with them, and go down a blind alley that will only lose them the next election; Corbyn is the other liability. And, until the rebel Labour MPs that boycotted their front bench presently staffed with the politically lightweight cronies of Corbyn the Labour Party will be un-electable for many years to come, Brexit or no Brexit.
Report anxious January 22, 2019 4:35 PM GMT
Impossible your at it again on every thread pretending to be a Labour supporter but non stop waffling and criticism , own up and declare your a lifelong spiv fan then people will believe your drivel at least
Report anxious January 22, 2019 4:37 PM GMT
Were you King Louis last year on here i wonder ?
Report moisok January 22, 2019 4:49 PM GMT
So mummy's men tum are behind all this trying to bully bruce and the bbc so they will never question abbot again

I have just seen the bit where oakshott chips in - poor interrupted bullied Dianne immediately tries to interrupt oakshot and then does it again

FACT

a staffer  says - and pants sucks it up ho ho ho

what has happened is people have different views and for once we have seen them fairly open for once and mummy's lot and abbot are sent reeling  and squealing  it is fkn hilarious
Report anxious January 22, 2019 4:54 PM GMT
I think it was bruce and oakshott doing the bullying  , it was there for everybody to see
Report moisok January 22, 2019 4:58 PM GMT
no it wasn't

hope this helps

what has happened is there was a shift in audience  and it went badly for abbot

it sure makes a change from the mummy's men tum seeded audience featuring the noise remainers

given the vote you would have thought to have heard a lot more from leavers but it rarely happens

it is as if they filter the audience for leavers but failed this time

and look at the reaction coz it didn't go down well with the other side for once

brilliant
Report moisok January 22, 2019 4:59 PM GMT
abbot actually tried to interrupt oakshot twice in her short speech
Report anxious January 22, 2019 5:14 PM GMT
No oakshott started waffling on about labour being behind in the polls which isnt true , and bruce supported this lie , hope this helps
Report anxious January 22, 2019 5:15 PM GMT
i doubt very much whether leave /remain  or tory /labour can seed any audience , if they can it will only be minimal
Report moisok January 22, 2019 5:27 PM GMT
dianne has done a lot of damage for the labour vote by adopting this approach - although mummy's men tum shirt's are behind a lot of this
Report anxious January 22, 2019 5:32 PM GMT
Im not defending abbot she should not be on the tv because she is not fit to be on there , but its nonsense to keep going on about momemtum who have done a lot of good campaigning for Labour so much so that the tories are desperately trying to find an answer to them
Report moisok January 22, 2019 5:38 PM GMT
when oakshott was talking about no deal in fact abbot had THREE goes to interrupt oakshot
I have just listened to the re run very carefully
Report anxious January 22, 2019 5:44 PM GMT
Dont they all interrupt each other anyway all the time , its a punch and judy show these days anyway, who gets the biggest cheer seriously who gives a fook
Report moisok January 22, 2019 5:44 PM GMT
I have seen bruce interrupting and poking her nose in to several of the panel on that show so it is general not specific to abbot

unfortunately dianne is really not up to it anymore, something is wrong

I saw it some time ago and remarked on it and then we found out later

I still think she has issues - sorry to say, and I think it unfair to keep putting her out there
Report anxious January 22, 2019 5:52 PM GMT
The truth of the matter is that both sides all compete to get on your big tv to boom out their message , with whatever dirty tricks or dirty money they can raise or fund , even online and the digital age has brought in a power struggle on facebook , Instagram etc , you will not see a return to the hustings or debates on tv from yesteryear whatever side you are on
Report 1st time poster January 22, 2019 5:52 PM GMT
as opposed to putting up the likes of the young,eloquent highly educated tory on the politics show who when asked a dozen times to give a yes/no theoretical answer to a question toiday by money expert martin lewis on the politic life today instead give reams and reams of words nothing of which had anything to do with the simple question he was asked,lewis getting exsaperated give up throwing his papers into the air, no good having all the tools if you scared to answer a simple question
Report moisok January 22, 2019 5:56 PM GMT
It is ever thus - me - I can't stand just about any of them - they NEVER answer a question EVER - 

we are hovering on trouble for parliamentary democracy.  It does worry me what groups may seize on during and after the brexit discussions.
Report akabula January 22, 2019 9:18 PM GMT
Loving that Labour Front Bench banter Trilby. Laugh
Report trilby22 January 22, 2019 9:32 PM GMT

Jan 22, 2019 -- 9:14AM, 1st time poster wrote:

Wotchutalkinabaart?

Lol, Aka, can't remember where I found it but I remember saving it for future reference Grin

Report akabula January 22, 2019 10:38 PM GMT
even tory supporters think labour have the policies but their leader is holding them back

I would doubt that 1stTP.
Agree most think that Corbyn is a liability but Labours policies have been exposed as mainly myth and wishful thinking.
Report anxious January 22, 2019 10:46 PM GMT
Akabula you are so wrong , next time Jeremy will destroy the Spivs , the youngsters have rejected the the spivs and their lies and trickle down
Report Just Checking January 22, 2019 10:47 PM GMT
^^^
Can someone PLEASE give it a new word of the day?
Report anxious January 22, 2019 10:53 PM GMT
Global elites the Rothschilds the enemy of the peoples ok toryfanboy
Report akabula January 22, 2019 11:04 PM GMT
JC just jealous because anxious has a degree in Battology. Wink
Report akabula January 22, 2019 11:07 PM GMT
the youngsters have rejected the the spivs

Jeremy "Vote for Labour and we will wipe out all student debt".
So who are the spivs anxious?
Report anxious January 22, 2019 11:15 PM GMT
Akabula you have not realised what has occurred , trickle down has been rejected spiv culture is dead 2017 , next time be finished
Report akabula January 22, 2019 11:29 PM GMT
Most people not daft enough to vote for a Corbyn/Abbott/McDonnell led Labour party.
Report trilby22 January 23, 2019 6:48 AM GMT
Spivs, lol LaughGrinTongue Out
Report moisok January 23, 2019 8:54 PM GMT
I wonder what the guardian would make of this little charmer?   A view of the irish??

https://www.buzz.ie/celebs/azealia-banks-slammed-irish-people-314412
Report trilby22 January 24, 2019 8:31 AM GMT
She does make a few good points, Mo Wink

Seriously though, back to Oor Di, this from today's Spectator ...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/01/in-defence-of-diane-abbott/
The question I had hoped to pose this week was this: “Do people dislike Diane Abbott because she is black and a woman, or because she is useless?”

But then I worried that we would come to a fairly definitive conclusion a long time before my allotted 1,000 words had been used up. “The latter, I think,” is the response I have heard time and time again, both from Labour supporters and Tories.

For the entire day before Abbott’s appearance on Question Time, in which she thinks she was treated badly on account of the colour of her skin and her gender, my wife had been bouncing around the house in a state of enormous excitement, looking forward to the car crash which would inevitably occur that evening on the TV. It always does with Diane.

I have never heard Kemi Badenoch, the excellent Conservative MP for Saffron Walden, complain that she was victimised for her race and gender by the BBC, for example. Nor Priti Patel. Not all of our judgments devolve from hard-wired prejudice: just occasionally we reach conclusions based on the pristine examination of the evidence before us.

On one point, though, Abbott was right to complain – and it should serve as a warning to the rest of us. Labour is not six points behind in the polls. They are level pegging – and if there were an election tomorrow I suspect they would win handsomely. There is a lot of wishful thinking on the Right.

And so it might well be that one day soon we wake up to a government led by people who despise everything about this country’s history and revere, instead, fascistic foreign maniacs such as Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro and Hamas. And possess anti-Semitic views which are either ingrained or have been acquired in the hate-filled, paranoiac, conspiracy-theory obsessed ante rooms of the far Left.

This is an extract from Rod Liddle’s column in the forthcoming issue of The Spectator, out Thursday

As always, don't forget to check out the comments WinkLaughWhoops
Report trilby22 January 24, 2019 8:48 AM GMT
Just Checking, I think you mentioned you were thinking of subscribing to the Spectator?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/subscription/

Best deal

Print + Digital

✔︎  Weekly delivery of the magazine
✔︎  Unlimited access to spectator.co.uk
✔︎  The Spectator app, on mobile and tablet
✔︎  Spectator newsletters
✔︎  Archive from 1828

✔︎  No commitment, cancel any time

Try a month for free

Then only £11.99 every four weeks

Saving 38%

Weekly Highlights gets e-mailed every Thursday morning and the mag arrives every Friday.  Well worth it Cool
Report trilby22 January 24, 2019 9:30 AM GMT
While the Leopard is watching Tsitsipas vs Nadal - unless he's fallen asleep again Wink - I thought I'd update this for tonight's show …

Fiona Bruce presents debate from Winchester. On the panel are the Brexiteer and former Brexit minister who resigned her post over Theresa May's deal, Suella Braverman MP, the shadow secretary of state of housing, John Healey MP, chief leader writer at the Observer and former policy adviser to Ed Miliband, Sonia Sodha, the executive chairman of the communications agency Cicero Group, Iain Anderson, and Express columnist and radio host on the weekday breakfast programme at LBC, Nick Ferrari.
Report unitedbiscuits January 24, 2019 9:48 AM GMT
Looks a Brexit-friendly line-up. Nick Ferrari is unlikeable.
Report Just Checking January 24, 2019 1:07 PM GMT
I thouht spectator was monthly not weekly! Strewth cobber! I don't know.. it's a lot of money for just the electronic one but the paper one I'd just let them pile up unread. I might start with buying the odd one with an interesting cover story during my weekly shop, see how much time I find to read it.
Report moisok January 24, 2019 2:33 PM GMT
I definitely think people go for dianne because she is black.

It is partly because she uses it as a shield or even when in attack mode.

Same with the 'just coz I am a woman' card.  She puts it out there everytime.

Would be better to concentrate on policies methinks.

Do Kwarteng  or Badenoch get involved in such a bind over this sort of discussion and get so much notoriety or is it the POLITICS, or the person's demeanor and how one handles oneself?
Report Hanx January 24, 2019 2:38 PM GMT
It would go a lot better for Abbott if she didn't feel she deserved special treatment as a Black Woman.

But every time she schoolmarms the nation and drips her own particular brand of raсіsm all over the media, the dislike grows.

We're like that - we hate bossyboots types.

So when they also turn out to be incapable of knowing the difference between a thousand and a million and yet somehow are Shadow Home Secretary, you can only imagine the genuinely felt outrage.

And you're right. Kwarteng, Badenoch and that grandstanding pratt Lammy don't get it as much as Abbott, demonstrating as they do, a modicum of intelligence and competency
Report moisok January 24, 2019 2:47 PM GMT
ah but lammy is a real card player too  but is it his politics like dianne??   and the Onasanya character is quite a player too - jess phillips is brilliant at cards too  but not black.  I think it dominates their thinking to the detriment of a proper overall view of society and politics.

As they accuse ukip or ANL  etc of being one policy organisations or people.  and very divisive. Can only see it one way. and of course the victim card and make you feel guilty.
Report moisok January 24, 2019 2:49 PM GMT
I mean  as one can accuse ukip the ANL or CND being just one policy organisations, so are these politicoes only seeing it one way and predominantly ONE issue.
Report 1st time poster January 24, 2019 3:01 PM GMT
I,m no fan of abbott but lets  not forget the criticism the likes of souboury and co are now wanting people jailed for ,she,s been getting for 20 years, harsher and lots more of it than souboury and co
Report moisok January 24, 2019 3:04 PM GMT
I don't doubt that the racist cue up to give dianne a good belting and it is ridiculous to continue to do so apart from being fkn nasty it is illegal.  But what it does is to cloud other issues.  Like the politics !!!!!!
Report trilby22 January 25, 2019 1:42 PM GMT

Jan 24, 2019 -- 7:07AM, Just Checking wrote:

I thouht spectator was monthly not weekly! Strewth cobber! I don't know.. it's a lot of money for just the electronic one but the paper one I'd just let them pile up unread. I might start with buying the odd one with an interesting cover story during my weekly shop, see how much time I find to read it.

It's £4.50 an issue in the stores, JC and you only get 64 pages for yer dosh.

I signed up for the freebies in November and didn't cancel in time (they took my Monet after three weeks Wink) but still well worth £12 or whatever for nine issues including Christmas specials.  Mail hasn't been yet so I'm not sure whether I'll get another.

A most excellent mag - as you can see from my links Grin

Meanwhile, back to QT and Bap & Mo's comments on Leo's new fred regarding the exquisite Suella Braverman.  She's a gal isn't she? Love

I like this story from Inews ...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/question-time-brexiteer-suella-braverman-raises-eyebrows-over-remarks-self-appointed-mps-have-ruined-brexit/ar-BBSHJwD?ocid=spartandhp
How true and get her into the Cabinet immediately, imo!

Oh, mail's just dropped and there's another Spectator mag there Happy

Report trilby22 January 27, 2019 1:27 PM GMT
Had an e-mail from the Spectator this morning,

"Dear Mr Tutu,

Your subscription to The Spectator has now come to an end, which means that you’ll be limited to only reading a small number of articles each week on spectator.co.uk, and you will not receive any more print issues.

I’m writing to let you know that if you renew your subscription today, you’ll pay just £3.99 every four weeks for the next 12 weeks – that’s two thirds off our usual rate.

With so much going on in Westminster and beyond, stay updated and be entertained by the best informed writers in Britain.

Click here to renew your subscription now.

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Shaw
Subscriptions Manager"

Suits me, Ma'am ExcitedHappyCool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com