Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Leopard
11 Jul 18 12:02
| Topic/replies: 39,749 | Blogger: The Leopard's blog
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View PM Question time now bbc2
Show More
Report The Leopard July 11, 2018 12:16 PM BST
Emily Thornbury  v  David Lidington

In May 2009, The Daily Telegraph revealed Lidington had claimed nearly £1,300 for his dry cleaning and had also claimed for toothpaste, shower gel, body spray and vitamin supplements on his second home allowance.[11] Lidington decided to repay the claims for the toiletries, saying: "I accept that many people would see them as over-generous."
Lidington was also criticised by local newspaper the Bucks Herald for claiming £115,891 in expenses in one year, almost double his salary
Report Foinavon July 11, 2018 1:57 PM BST
Fine, for balance let's see how much Thornberry claimed.

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/islington-mp-s-expense-bill-among-highest-in-capital-but-i-still-pay-staff-from-own-pocket-1-4283152
Report Lee Ho Fooks July 11, 2018 2:03 PM BST
Balance? You mean it's OK for ours because theirs is doing it too.

There sits the problem, they're all allowed to get away with it because we'd rather criticise the "other parties" rather than shaming them all (Dennis Skinner excepted).
Report Foinavon July 11, 2018 3:03 PM BST
That's not what I mean at all and you know it. Pick a few tit bits from wiki in a pathetic attempt to smear the tory is showing bias. We all know that Ms Thornberry's sh!t don't stink and that Jezza walks on water in his spare time.
Report Lee Ho Fooks July 11, 2018 3:14 PM BST
ConfusedConfusedConfused

I was referring to the expenses scandal, you've just proved my point in spades, thanks. (And fyi the image I always have of that time is of that cow waving a cheque at the cameras as in it's OK now cos I'm paying it back)
Report Foinavon July 11, 2018 3:22 PM BST
You have a strange idea of proof. I'm as p*ssed off at the expenses scandal as you are.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now