Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
10 Jul 18 23:16
| Topic/replies: 21,936 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
Arch thatcherite and friend of Cameron presenting history show about Vienna..so let's think, we have Andrew Neil, John humphreys, Jo coburg, portico...the list is endless
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View You'd think I'd be able to escape...
Show More
Report The Leopard July 10, 2018 11:34 PM BST
Simon Montefiore was born in London. His father was Stephen Eric Sebag Montefiore and his brother is Hugh Sebag-Montefiore. They are descended from a line of wealthy Sephardi Jews who were diplomats and bankers all over Europe and who originated from Morocco and Italy.

After the Edict of Expulsion was issued against the Jews in Spain of 1492, some of Montefiore's ancestors stayed in the country whilst remaining secretly Jewish. During the reign of Philip II of Spain, one of them became governor of a province of Mexico, where he and his family were denounced by a political rival and tortured by the Inquisition. Two teenaged girls were burned alive in Mexico City while a son escaped to Italy and changed his name to Montefiore.[3]

At the start of the 19th century, Montefiore's great-great-uncle, Sir Moses Montefiore, was an international financier who worked with the Rothschild family and who became a philanthropist.[4] His mother, Phyllis April Jaffé, comes from a Lithuanian Jewish family of scholars.

Her parents fled the Russian Empire at the beginning of the 20th century. They bought tickets for New York City, but were cheated, being instead dropped off at Cork, Ireland. Due to the Limerick boycott in 1904 his grandfather Henry Jaffé left the country and moved to Newcastle, England.

Montefiore was educated at Ludgrove School and Harrow School where he was an editor of the school newspaper, The Harrovian; he interviewed Margaret Thatcher for The Harrovian in the autumn of 1983.[5]. He read history at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge[6] where he received his Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD).[7] He won an Exhibition to Caius College
Report Capt__F July 10, 2018 11:35 PM BST
any chance tat £100 u owe me ?

not u leo

^
Report themightymac July 11, 2018 2:16 AM BST
I suppose you can Hope captain.
Report lfc1971 July 11, 2018 8:43 AM BST
more racism from pandora ? typical I suppose of labours new membership
Report appformat July 11, 2018 9:01 AM BST
why anyone still watches that state-sponsored propaganda baffles me...
Report Just Checking July 11, 2018 10:39 AM BST
Why shouldn't a friend of cameron be allowed to present an a-political history program? Would anyone not left of centre be banned in your ideal world?
I'm guessing the real problem here is, what with you being a corbynite, is he's Jewish.
Report dustybin July 11, 2018 1:54 PM BST
Haha thats funny.
Who were the biggest opponent to the Emancipation of Jews in England and protested loudest against Lionel Rothschild being allowed to take his seat in parliament?
The Tories.

It was only when the said Jews started greasing the ballbearing with cash did Emancipation actually happen.
Strange that isnt it?
Report terry mccann July 11, 2018 2:06 PM BST
not checking now getting on the anti semetic  bandwagon,Zionist p rickGrin
Report lfc1971 July 11, 2018 2:09 PM BST
Not worried about that, it’s the new Labour Party and it’s membership and voters,  that’s where the racism is to be found
Report terry mccann July 11, 2018 2:25 PM BST
Since when have the British been anti jew? All made up
Report moisok July 11, 2018 5:32 PM BST
when did dusty's example of anti semitism happen - I must have missed it??

was it in this parliament or the one before?  I haven't seen this in the guardian?
Report dustybin July 12, 2018 9:51 AM BST
When did it happen?
It was constant upto around 1850 in all walks of life, but started changing around 1830s.
The Catholics were 'accepted' first, but the Jews were still banned from many areas, parliament being one because they couldnt swear the oath as Jesus the savour (from memory) and the Tories continually opposed the changing of the wording to allow for Jewish MPs.

Lionel Rothschild was backed by the Liberal Party and won three times for London but was resisted a place in parliament.
Bills kept coming to change their lot but mostly tories voted them down.

That is until the Rothschilds flushed out prejudice with cash, even going so far as to influencing Prince Albert with a number of loans allegedly used to purchase Balmoral and its grounds...Albert being instrumental in 'winning over' significant members of the tories opposed to Jews.

You see its the funding that does it, and has done ever since. It's remarkable how one seems to lose whatever it is you stand for when cash is offered.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now