Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
crystalhunt
10 Jul 18 19:12
| Topic/replies: 4,712 | Blogger: crystalhunt's blog
Has anyone had the misfortune to deal with this cowboy outfit.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Servicingstop
Show More
Report trilby22 July 10, 2018 7:20 PM BST
https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/servicing-stop-enfield?adjust_creative=bing&utm_campaign=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing
Report trilby22 July 10, 2018 7:22 PM BST
^ Booked in for a service and mot with 2 weeks notice, I was called the DAY BEFORE it was due after 4.30pm to say it was cancelled as the garage had no space. Apparently their policy is to try and book you in to a garage 2 days before your selected date - can understand why places would be full!
No apology just told that's how it is. Awful customer service. They wanted to reschedule for a weeks time but this isn't convenient as my mot is due and I already took a day off work for this booking, wouldn't risk it again.
Really let down by Servicing Stop and recommend going elsewhere - anywhere but here!
Report akabula July 10, 2018 7:56 PM BST
Do they charge Trilby or do they get a payment from each garage?
That link isn't working for me btw.
Report crystalhunt July 10, 2018 8:54 PM BST
My experience was a lucky escape. Last July I suddenly realised that my Mot was due - my normal mechanic was on holiday so I happened upon Servicingstop on line offering Mot and service for £100. They said the car would be picked up at 9.30am and returned before 5.00pm. Asian guy came for the car at 10.00am and I was surprised when he said that he had come from Bolton given that I live in South Liverpool. Later in the day I get a call from a posh sounding bloke in Servicingstop's office to say that the car needed special oil(there is no such thing) which would be an extra £24 - had no option but to say yes. Later at 3.30pm same bloke rings to say that the car had failed it's MOT and reeled off a list of jobs that needed doing - I said , hang on this is sounding expensive. He said I'll just add it up £1,060. I said can't afford that, he said we can arrange finance. I told him to just bring the car back. Had to keep the car off the road until my regular guy came back. He put the car in for MOT which it passed with just a few advisories. 12 months on it has just passed it's MOT again with no work required. I later discovered a forum devoted to people who have had horrendous experiences with this company. Don't touch them with a barge pole - they're a gang of crooks - how they continue to get away with it is beyond me.
Report akabula July 10, 2018 9:48 PM BST
Checked them on the MoneySavingExpert forum.
Some horror tales.
Report akabula July 10, 2018 9:57 PM BST
My car has come back with problems it didnt have prior to using service stop. The star is for collection and return of the car!
The engine is making a loud noise since it came back and a smell of burning oil is coming of my engine. The steering has gone too loose. They told me that i needed nearly £700 worth of work doing and when I said the car is only worth that amount they desperately tried to make me have some of their jobs list ticked!
I will never use the company again as I dont know what it will cost to put right what has gone wrong since it went there.
Report trilby22 July 11, 2018 9:06 AM BST

Jul 10, 2018 -- 7:56PM, akabula wrote:

Do they charge Trilby or do they get a payment from each garage?That link isn't working for me btw.

No idea, Aka.  I did a search and that was the first result.  Seem like a right shower Angry

Report TheBaron July 11, 2018 10:08 AM BST
Try a council MOT centre.  They do all the council vehicles but also private.  They don't do repairs so have no incentive to fail. 

Last year my car failed on more than I expected and had a long list of unexpected advisories so this year I thought I'd give the council a go.

Result was it failed but only on two minor things which I paid another garage £100 to repair, then took it back for a free retest which it passed.

Also there was only one advisory and none of the previous advisories was mentioned at anytime in the test. So what happened did they cure themselves did they miraculously unrust?
Report Dr Crippen July 11, 2018 10:56 AM BST
Shocking really that motorists are so exposed to fraud through simply adhering to government legislation.
You'd think some government would have done something to protect motorists from this kind of extortion by now.
Report crystalhunt July 11, 2018 11:52 AM BST
The other trick is them picking the car up from your home - they only ring after they've started the job ie: needs special oil or it's failed the MOT and needs this that & the other doing. Some people are so desperate to get the car for work etc that they go along with it. They only bring the car back when you've paid online.
Report Knight Commander July 11, 2018 12:42 PM BST
Dr Crippen    11 Jul 18 10:56 
Shocking really that motorists are so exposed to fraud through simply adhering to government legislation.
You'd think some government would have done something to protect motorists from this kind of extortion by now.

But why would they? The bigger the bill the more tax the garage has to pay to the govt. Cynical? Moi?
Report dave1357 July 11, 2018 1:03 PM BST
I think the best way to go is either a local garage with a good business from the area or a large established business where there isn't really any incentive for the individual mechanics to rip off customers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now