Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
04 Jul 18 02:12
| Topic/replies: 10,116 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Police on the Isle of Bute have confirmed schoolgirl Alesha MacPhail was murdered.
Detectives said the investigation had become a murder inquiry after seeing the results of a post-mortem examination on the six-year-old.

Alesha's body was found in woodland on the site of a former hotel in Ardbeg Road on Monday morning. She had been staying at her grandmother's house but was reported missing at about 06:25.
Det Supt Stuart Houston, from Police Scotland's major investigation team, said: "Alesha's family is utterly devastated by what has happened and the news that we've had to give them this evening.

"She had lots of friends who will no doubt find it very difficult to comprehend why they will never see their friend again.
"Like any other six-year-old, Alesha was looking forward to enjoying her holidays from primary school and was only a few days into a three- week summer break visiting relatives on the island.

"For such a young girl to have her life taken away is incomprehensible." He appealed for anyone involved in the search to come forward. "I am still keen to speak to people who were involved in the search that was conducted just after 6am on Monday," he said.
"I'm keen to find out who was there that has not engaged with the police yet, what areas they maybe searched and anything they may have seen or heard at the time.

"I am also now really keen to speak to anyone who was in the area of Ardbeg Road from late on the Sunday evening, into the early hours of Monday morning." Det Supt Houston said he wanted to hear from anyone who had seen or heard anything unusual at that time.

He said police were exploring a number of lines of inquiry and were now trying to piece together the timeline between Alesha going missing and her body being discovered.
He urged people to come forward with information, no matter how insignificant they may consider it to be.

"It is imperative that we find who is responsible for Alesha's murder," he said. Referring to rumours that Alesha sleepwalked, Det Supt Houston said police were looking at all possibilities. He would not reveal the cause of death.

Ch Supt Hazel Hendren, the local police commander for Argyll and Bute, said officers would be on patrol in the area all day and night. "Every available resource from across Police Scotland is being made available to this major investigation," she said. "Our absolute priority is catching the person responsible for this horrendous act as quickly as possible. "I understand that there will be a high level of concern among people living in this close-knit community but I want to reassure people that everything possible is being done."
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 6 year old girl found murdered on...
Show More
Report trilby22 July 6, 2018 6:23 PM BST
Thanks Aka.  I'll study them later.
Report trilby22 July 6, 2018 6:23 PM BST

Jul 6, 2018 -- 6:01PM, Reynard wrote:

Who said that ?

What?

Report Gin July 6, 2018 6:47 PM BST
Too horrendous for words........Sad
Report Whisperingdeath July 6, 2018 8:00 PM BST
dont be a twaite doridoru!

Nobody thinks it is acceptable! Most are too disgusted and sad to even talk about it! Go on ask if he was a musso!
Report tobermory July 6, 2018 11:25 PM BST
CONTROVERSIAL media personality Katie Hopkins has been condemned after linking the murder of six-year-old Alesha MacPhail on the Isle of Bute to Syrian refugees.

The former reality TV star and columnist tweeted images of two newspaper stories - one about an increase of sex crime in Scotland's Argyll and Bute, and another about Syrian refugees moving to the area.

She added the caption: "For an island with close to zero crime, there has been a recent disturbing trend on the Isle of Bute, Scotland."

However, the rise in sexual crimes was from 2014 - the first Syrian refugees didn't arrive in the area until 2015.

And, not that Hopkins would care about getting facts wrong, but the article referenced the whole of Argyll and Bute - of which just 7% of the population reside on the Isle of Bute itself.

Failed newspaper columnist Katie, 43, thrives on controversy (Image: Getty)
Hopkins, who thrives on controversy, was accused of stirring up racial hate by implying Syrian refugees were responsible without any evidence whatsoever.

Michael Russell, MSP for Argyll and Bute, tweeted: "This is vile - an awful, divisive, hate filled lie which is very painful to those already suffering. #ArgyllandBute is a big area, there is no evidence of rising crime of any sort on the island and no information as yet on what actually happened."

Kirsty Wallace, who lives on Bute, added: "Our island dont need you spouting rubbish. This situation is horrific and has shocked and broken our hearts in our community. Have a bit of respect, friends and family and our community are grieving."

Hopkins' tweet was later deleted and replaced by a link to a story about Alesha MacPhail's murder, then a screenshot of an article about Syrian refugees settling in Bute "tweeted without comment".

It comes after police investigating the death of the Scottish schoolgirl arrested a male suspect "under the age of 18" on suspicion of murder yesterday.
Report tobermory July 6, 2018 11:36 PM BST
tbf until they come out and state the person in custody is NOT a Syrian refugee people on the right are gonna take it as a fact that he is.

'known to the family' doesn't really clear that up.
Report detraveller July 7, 2018 9:01 AM BST
Might well be one. Doridoru may have been right all along!
Report Facts July 7, 2018 10:17 AM BST
Really ?
Report scaredmoney July 7, 2018 10:53 AM BST
If it is,it will never see the light of day.
Report detraveller July 7, 2018 11:07 AM BST
If it is indeed one, there is also the matter of him not being underage, just registered as being underage, which is the norm.

Why is there no kidnapping charge? If the family reported her missing, they clearly didn't expect the girl to be with that boy. And I am assuming she was tucked in bed alright the night before. My money is still on him not being a refugee. We shall see.
Report Facts July 7, 2018 12:37 PM BST
Isn't there speculation that he's the brother of the Fathers girlfriend ?
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 12:48 PM BST
Facts • July 4, 2018 10:15 AM BST
Re: Isle of Bute .....

'.......Alesha's father, Robert MacPhail, was seen among the police during the morning search....'

I cannot see the relevance of this Confused

His six year old daughter has gone missing . I think it would have been far more relevant if this had read "...... Alesha'a father , Robert MacPhail , was not seen among the police during the search because he preferred to watch the penalty shoot-out between England and Panama ,  which he had recorded the previous evening....."
Report saddo July 7, 2018 12:50 PM BST
Facts, yes, I posted it on the 4th but the speculation persists.
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 1:05 PM BST
We thrive on speculation Happy
Report akabula July 7, 2018 3:38 PM BST
'.......Alesha's father, Robert MacPhail, was seen among the police during the morning search....'

I thought that strange as well Reynard. Cannot fathom why they reported the fact in that manner.
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 4:14 PM BST
First rule of Journalism : When one has nothing to report , report anything .
Report treetop July 7, 2018 5:48 PM BST
Kirsty Wallace, who lives on Bute, added: "Our island dont need you spouting rubbish. This situation is horrific and has shocked and broken our hearts in our community. Have a bit of respect, friends and family and our community are grieving."

We had this type of response from Sweden when trump,quite accurately,noted the rise in crime linked to economic immigration in Sweden too. The media silence feeds speculation but we are becoming quite adept at suppressing news.
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 6:11 PM BST
walofs
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 6:13 PM BST
Thanks dave1357 :

Such well constructive areguments are what chit-chat is all about . I feel so enlightened .

Thanks again , Reynard .
Report TheBaron July 7, 2018 6:17 PM BST
I see the Cockroaches are circling..if that's what they do.
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 6:18 PM BST
I can confirm they do , but you have to look down to see them , not up !
Report Injera July 7, 2018 6:30 PM BST
'British-Pakistani researchers have found that 84% of all people convicted since 2005 for the specific crime of gang grooming were Asian.' editor's note : in B R I T A I N ???????

https://news.sky.com/story/grooming-gang-convictions-84-asian-say-researchers-11164589

A damning stat shrouded in political correctness.(The Chinese spitting feathers as we speak)

God forbid that parents of daughters (like me) are concerned about the numbers... May I please be allowed to advise my daughter to avoid the 84% or is that racist?
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 6:33 PM BST
I suggest she avoids the 4% Mischief
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 6:50 PM BST

Jul 7, 2018 -- 6:13PM, Reynard wrote:

Thanks dave1357 :Such well constructive areguments are what chit-chat is all about . I feel so enlightened .Thanks again , Reynard .

idgaf what you think hth

Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 6:52 PM BST

Jul 7, 2018 -- 6:50PM, dave1357 wrote:

Jul  7, 2018 --  6:13PM, Reynard wrote:Thanks dave1357 :Such well constructive areguments are what chit-chat is all about . I feel so enlightened .Thanks again , Reynard .idgaf what you think hth

Why reply then, fool.

Report Reynard July 7, 2018 6:55 PM BST
idgaf what you think hth

3 legible words out of 5 . That's a 60% strike rate . Fair effort but somewhat below GCSE standard .

I suggest he concentrates on reading the label of what he's drinking to check it's 'proof' or re-boots his spellchecker Shocked
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 6:59 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:01 PM BST
in fairness to you 'boxingthefox' , I don't find it funny .
I actually think it's sad that such illiteracy is allowed access to a keyboard .
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:04 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh I don't know what his problem is but I bet it's hard to pronounce,Laugh
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 7:10 PM BST

Jul 7, 2018 -- 6:55PM, Reynard wrote:

idgaf what you think hth3 legible words out of 5 . That's a 60% strike rate . Fair effort but somewhat below GCSE standard .I suggest he concentrates on reading the label of what he's drinking to check it's 'proof' or re-boots his spellchecker

Oh dear, common internet acronyms too difficult for you?  As you seem to spend your entire life on the medium, I suggest you get up to speed.

Report detraveller July 7, 2018 7:11 PM BST
idgaf what you think hth
That's 11 legible words out of 11.

You need to work on your English Grin
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:14 PM BST
Oh dear davy boy, If you ran like your mouth you’d be in great shape.
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:14 PM BST
As you seem to spend your entire life on the medium, I suggest you get up to speed.

Please explain on what you base your assumption ?
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:17 PM BST
davy boy, You just show the world how truly insecure and unhappy  you are in own life.Cry
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 7:19 PM BST

Jul 7, 2018 -- 7:14PM, boxingthefox wrote:

Oh dear davy boy, If you ran like your mouth you’d be in great shape.

boxingthefox • July 7, 2018 6:51 PM BST

Illiterate clown

boxingthefox • July 7, 2018 6:52 PM BST

Why reply then, fool.

boxingthefox • July 7, 2018 7:04 PM BST

I don't know what his problem is but I bet it's hard to pronounce

Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:19 PM BST
AND?????
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:20 PM BST
boxingthefox • July 7, 2018 7:17 PM BST
davy boy, You just show the world how truly insecure and unhappy  you are in own life.Cry

You missed one , probably the most relevant one .
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:21 PM BST
I love when crazy people think they’ve had the last word and in reality, all they did was just  continue to show off their pompous arrogance. You can’t fix stupid!
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:22 PM BST
Reynard ??
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:22 PM BST
What ?
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 7:22 PM BST

Jul 7, 2018 -- 7:17PM, boxingthefox wrote:

davy boy, You just show the world how truly insecure and unhappy  you are in own life.

yeah sure people who have to join a little internet gang to spout racist filth and get a pat on the back from their racist pals aren't insecure at all.

Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:22 PM BST
Laugh
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:23 PM BST
I wondered how long it would be before he backed up hisconstuctive argument with a label .................
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:24 PM BST
dave1357 :
I hope you aren't insinuating that I'm 'anti-white' ! Angry
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:24 PM BST
Oh dear it didn't take long to resort to that garbage. nothing new to see here move on.
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:26 PM BST
Predictive text=predictive davy boy, LaughLaughLaugh
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 7:27 PM BST

Jul 7, 2018 -- 7:21PM, boxingthefox wrote:

I love when crazy people think they’ve had the last word and in reality, all they did was just

Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:27 PM BST
I know , I've already read that post . Confused
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:28 PM BST
Run out of words?? quote boy??Laugh
Report akabula July 7, 2018 7:29 PM BST
Daves an angry wee man. Laugh
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:30 PM BST
He may have run out of legible words but I'm sure he'll come out with summat like ddyfghttc or stulfgt or gilf ...........
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:30 PM BST
Hi aka, he's deffo not well in the heed, Laugh
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:31 PM BST
Have you got hold of his spellchecker ? Confused
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:32 PM BST
Laugh
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:33 PM BST
............. or his bottle ?
Report dave1357 July 7, 2018 7:33 PM BST
oh nice, akabula has popped in - he likes to be part of the gang more than anything!
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Your problem is not knowing you’re the problem.
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:35 PM BST
This gang you keep referring to . Would that be MS-13 ? That's one hell of an accusation . I may seek legal advice Sad
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:38 PM BST
I don't like the fact that he automatically associates black people with being members of gangs Sad
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:39 PM BST
Very suspect that!!
Report Reynard July 7, 2018 7:42 PM BST
He clearly sees people as stereotypes depending on what label he's attached to them in a previous post .
It's actually quite concerning .....
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:43 PM BST
I guess if he spoke his mind, he’d be speechless.Laugh
Report boxingthefox July 7, 2018 7:52 PM BST
........To be continued............Laugh
Report akabula July 7, 2018 7:57 PM BST
Hi Foxy and GN
Report akabula July 11, 2018 9:28 PM BST
A 39 yo woman was arrested and charged with contempt of court for naming the 16 yo on social media.
Report detraveller July 11, 2018 9:55 PM BST
What was the name then?
Report akabula July 11, 2018 9:57 PM BST
The name was freely bandied about in Rothesay but this fool decided to be the big gal and let everyone know.
Report detraveller July 11, 2018 9:57 PM BST
I mean is the name public knowledge now? I just googled and found nothing.
Report detraveller July 11, 2018 9:58 PM BST
And does saying the name here also count as a crime?
Report akabula July 11, 2018 10:01 PM BST
Anybody who names him in print would be in contempt of court.
Report detraveller July 11, 2018 10:04 PM BST
Ciao
Report Ibrahima Sonko July 11, 2018 10:10 PM BST
This story has gone silent, any real reason ?
Report dave1357 July 11, 2018 10:33 PM BST
akabula • July 11, 2018 10:01 PM BST
Anybody who names him in print would be in contempt of court

Ibrahima Sonko • July 11, 2018 10:10 PM BST
This story has gone silent, any real reason ?

some ppl make stupid look like mensa level
Report treetop July 12, 2018 3:16 PM BST
A good job Tommy Robinson is inside or he would have been blamed for that !
Report scaredmoney August 6, 2018 7:27 PM BST
Any new news on this horrific crime ?
Report akabula August 7, 2018 7:56 AM BST
Been nothing in the media, obviously reporting restrictions in place.
Report trilby22 August 7, 2018 8:13 AM BST
My postmistress is from Bute.  I'll ask her next time I'm at the PO.
Report posy August 7, 2018 8:18 AM BST
Quite ludicrous that everyone on the island knows who it is, but despite reporting restrictions  most unusually the name hasn't been published on the internet
Report flushgordon1 August 7, 2018 8:26 AM BST
Rothesay shows on tomorrow ,
Report trilby22 August 21, 2018 11:18 AM BST
The scrote's local - born and bred.  Known to the lassie's family.  Druggie.  Islanders fearful of his name leaking out in case it prejudices his trial.  Didn't push for his name.
Report Reynard August 21, 2018 11:20 AM BST
Mohammad McSporran ?
Report trilby22 August 21, 2018 11:29 AM BST
Mc @ 1.05
Mo @ 20
Report Sica Dan August 21, 2018 4:18 PM BST
why are they bothered about his name?  he will get a new one in about 12/14 years.
Report trilby22 August 21, 2018 4:36 PM BST
Human rights and all that jazz.
Report casemoney August 21, 2018 10:21 PM BST
12 is Pushing it Dan about 8 I reckon, out and Rehoused Renamed ..

Should be Hung Drawn and Quartered, Sling the remains in the sea for the Gulls to feed on .
Report trilby22 August 21, 2018 10:28 PM BST
Depends upon his lawyer.

Might only get 5 in a YOI.

He's Finnish, whatever he gets.
Report blackbarn August 21, 2018 11:49 PM BST
Evening all - Given that reporting restrictions have not yet been lifted, posters on here are either informed and stupid. or ill-informed and stupid. Please form two orderly queues according to your persuasion.
Report trilby22 August 22, 2018 12:11 AM BST
I'm informed and sensible.

Goodnite
Report blackbarn August 22, 2018 12:14 AM BST
Then you should know not to be posting openly on here then. Hth
Report trilby22 August 22, 2018 12:15 AM BST

Aug 7, 2018 -- 8:13AM, trilby22 wrote:

My postmistress is from Bute.

Report trilby22 August 22, 2018 12:16 AM BST
trilby22 • August 7, 2018 8:13 AM BST

My postmistress is from Bute.  I'll ask her next time I'm at the PO.

I always keep my word.

hth
Report blackbarn August 22, 2018 12:25 AM BST
OK, so you are informed and sensible......  You have posted the following;;..

"Depends upon his lawyer. Might only get 5 in a YOI. He's Finnish, whatever he gets.."
"Mc @ 1.05 Mo @ 20"
"The scrote's local - born and bred.  Known to the lassie's family.  Druggie.  Islanders fearful of his name leaking out in case it prejudices his trial.  Didn't push for his name."

Yep you are certainly trying to appeared informed that's for sure.  Sensible is a bit debatable isn't it given the situation.
Report treetop August 22, 2018 9:20 PM BST
Islanders fearful of his name leaking out in case it prejudices his trial.  Didn't push for his name."

That reads suspiciously like - the local police superintendent has read the establishment advice to keep their mouths shut for an ostensibly sensible reason but might,coincidentally suit the police objectives ???
Report casemoney August 22, 2018 9:40 PM BST
Probably a Known Wrong un with some sort of Previous .

Most Pedo sex cases will have offended earlier than the age of 16 ...
Report scaredmoney August 22, 2018 9:53 PM BST
treetop may not be miles off
Report tobermory August 22, 2018 11:55 PM BST
I don't see that naming him prejudices a trial. It is simply the law that Under 18s are not named. After a conviction he will be named if the judge decides.
Report dave1357 August 23, 2018 9:00 AM BST
no tobermory, it must be some sort of liberal conspiracy.  It can't possibly be because under 18s are generally never named in Scottish courts.
Report akabula August 24, 2018 10:53 PM BST
blackbarn
Evening all - Given that reporting restrictions have not yet been lifted, posters on here are either informed and stupid. or ill-informed and stupid. Please form two orderly queues according to your persuasion.

You state that then re-post what you consider to be the offending remarks. Laugh So what is it for you? Informed and stupid maybe.
Report Reynard August 24, 2018 11:15 PM BST

Aug 24, 2018 -- 10:53PM, akabula wrote:

blackbarn Evening all - Given that reporting restrictions have not yet been lifted, posters on here are either informed and stupid. or ill-informed and stupid. Please form two orderly queues according to your persuasion. You state that then re-post what you consider to be the offending remarks.  So what is it for you? Informed and stupid maybe.

It's chit-chat ffs . Is there anybody in here that doesn't qualify for either or both queues ? Laugh

Report trilby22 August 25, 2018 8:45 AM BST
blackbarn has his own uninformed and stupid queue for fkn a-holes.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now