Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
13 Jan 18 10:24
Date Joined: 05 Sep 10
| Topic/replies: 7,136 | Blogger: dave1357's blog

This seems pretty bad for discerning gamblers who deposit on different sites looking for the best price and have a lot of withdrawals and deposits.  Almost def will be labeled problem gamblers by anyone looking at their transactions.

Overall I think this is another bad idea.  Companies have time and time demonstrated that they can't be trusted with personal info.  I can see mis-selling increasing increasing by business using various angles and fraud from criminals getting access to info and pretending to be the bank etc.
Share |
Show More
Report trilby22 January 13, 2018 12:14 PM GMT
Yup, I'm with you there, Dave.  It is of zero benefit to me, anyway.

This topic is constantly coming up in Populus & YouGov surveys.  Like they're getting a general feel for the idea.  I'm 100% negatory toward it all.  Nosey barstewards, imo.
Report donny osmond January 13, 2018 12:42 PM GMT
it might help some people, but most folk will be better off finding their own deals.

also looks an open door for fraud, either at source, or delayed

take care folks!
Report Barry Conway January 13, 2018 12:49 PM GMT
What is the Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2)?
The Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) is a fundamental piece of payments related legislation in Europe, which entered into force in January 2016. PSD2 is the product of a review of the original Payment Services Directive and requires payment service providers (PSPs) to make a significant number of changes to existing operations. The Directive requires that all Member States implement these rules as national law by 13 January 2018, with the exception of certain rules around strong customer authentication and secure communication, implementation of which will run to a different timetable.
Report Barry Conway January 13, 2018 12:50 PM GMT
Don't get me started on GDPR Laugh
Report mecca January 13, 2018 1:23 PM GMT
IMO this open banking is very bad news for Joe Public and is hardly getting  mentioned in the media.
Report trilby22 January 13, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
Thanks Barry.  I hadn't heard of it.
I don't like it already Laugh
Report trilby22 January 13, 2018 1:59 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Instance ID: 13539

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now