Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dustybin
12 Jan 18 09:43
| Topic/replies: 15,154 | Blogger: dustybin's blog
Some programme about to be shown on bbc about em apparently.

They supposedly ‘belong to all of us’, yet took 22 years to even be allowed for a documentary about them and only 3 people, 1 of whom is the queen is allowed to touch them.

The only significance about them is they are an egregious form of the symbol of control, like some sort of contrived banana republic where all the wealth resides with those who control the peasants.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The Crown Jewels
Show More
Report dustybin January 12, 2018 10:08 AM GMT
Isn’t it ironic, that those who subscribe to the tory ideology are happy selling off services that were in public ownership, that the people of this country had a vested interest in, yet no mention of the sale of archaic jewels that are no use nor ornament.

Services get sold converting them from being first and foremost as a function to provide for the masses into vehicles to profit from to provide for the few, yet some garish jewels that never get seen nor used are revered.

There are people dying without dignity because the nhs is in crisis and struggling to cope, get em weighed in.
Report Ramruma January 12, 2018 11:36 AM GMT
The crown jewels are on permanent display at the Tower of London. It might be technically true that only HMQ can touch them but any tourist can look at them.
Report dustybin January 12, 2018 11:48 AM GMT
Think there are others, a treasure trove of jewels from other lands.
Some coronation crown or other mentioned.
Bet there’s some right money tied up in all that.
Should open up bidding for them from some sort who has extracted all the wealth and left a rising tide of poverty among working people.
Report moisok January 12, 2018 1:08 PM GMT
I'm not poor.  I am like united biscuit brain who famously said 'I'm alright'  ho ho!!!
Report akabula January 12, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
I've seen them. A sight to behold.
Report tictacman1 January 12, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
Guard them with your life Wink
Report cooperman January 13, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
Crown or Family?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now