Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
10 Jan 18 23:11
| Topic/replies: 13,019 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
We all know that one hour is equal to 60 minutes ,its no longer or no shorter.but there is a big illusion of time depending on your mind set.
for example =if you back a goal to be scored in a football match and there is still one hour to go in the game.yet if you take the same game and the same amount of time to go but you have backed 0-0 your mind has a different view of an hour.
if you are waiting on a bus in the pouring rain for one hour.now "thats what i call a long hour"
NOW  if you have one hour left in bed on a monday morning before you have to go to work ,that hour goes very quickly.
So give some examples of long hours and short hours.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The illusion of time.
Show More
Report brassneck January 10, 2018 11:17 PM GMT
An hour working on a building site or an hour in the pub.Laugh
Report brassneck January 10, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
and people have a habit of saying"that last hour flew" or "that hour dragged"
so i am thinking to myself and i ask "what or which hour of the day is the longest,and which hour is the shortest"?and the answer is "it depends on what you are doing"
or  for gamblers it can depend on the bet you have made.Laugh
You all know that the great man himself Albert Einstein likes a bet"i wonder did he discover how time can be distorted because he was a punter"?Laugh
Report brassneck January 10, 2018 11:46 PM GMT
And then you have the guy who has only a few cigarettes left in his packet and is waiting on his giro the following day.he looks at the clock and counts his cigarettes and then says to himself"its going to be long night"
so if you have an addiction time can be a factor.and you may have many long hours in your life.
yet if you are a workaholic there is never enough time.Grin
And as for the gamblers they think there is a last race if they are losing.Yet the profession gambler will always say there is no such thing as a last race "his statement is that there is always tomorrow"
so time is really really a big big illusion ,and its down to how each person treats time.or to put it more plainly ,how each of us view time.
So i guess the next answer is that each one of us should be the master of our own time rather then letting time master us.(if you know what i mean)
Report warhan January 10, 2018 11:55 PM GMT
believe it or not,stare at the second hand on your watch and occasionally the hand will stagger Confused
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
So i am just after looking at the clock and its now 8 minutes to midnight.my subconscious says to me"right brass ,its time for bed"the clock tells me its time for bed,and in 5 minutes time not only will the clock tell me its midnight it will command time by giving out 12 bongs,each saying "do you know what time it is"?
if i go to the pub now ,the barman will say"time up"
And if i ask someone to take me to a pub in the city centre he will say he has no time to do it (unless i have 20 quid to give him)then he will find time.
So the next lesson is that you can buy someone's time.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 12:06 AM GMT
i think i will go to bed and think about time,and how i can control it so that its an advantage to me in my life journey'
THE END.Grin
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 1:59 PM GMT
others will say i lost time on that journey "that usually comes from truck drivers"Laugh
women.=i need time to think about it.
other women=i need time and space(the time not good enough,they need space as well)
i would not give him the time of day.(so you can give time)
i have great time for steve.
it was the best time of my life(so this must mean that time comes in blocks)
i am going through a bad time.
if i find time i will take a look at it.
you are wasting time.
this time next week i will be on holiday(so time must keep coming round in circles.)
i had a great time(meaning there are loads of different times)
so the next question is "does time stop and start again during the week"
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
no
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:02 PM GMT
The only thing you ever have is the present
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:03 PM GMT
And you have a future only when you have no present
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:04 PM GMT
when you have a present you forget to even think about the future,

That seems to be of greater value
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
I don't want a future, I want a present
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:12 PM GMT
Jesus said : take no thought for the morrow
                    sufficient unto the day is the evil thereoff

That's good advice who could deny that ?
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:13 PM GMT
god goes with thoughtless people like that
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
And of course you have two different types of people
1=people who save time
2 =people who spend time.
WHEN people save time where do they put in.
is there a time bank that i dont know about.(good morning sir,i would like to deposit 2 days and 3 hours in your time bank please)
hi joe can you lend me an hour,=sorry Tom ,i spent all my time down in  the pub yeaterday,and the wife said i should have spent it on the childrenGrin
Report moisok January 11, 2018 2:20 PM GMT
As that wonderful feminist and writer Errin Pizzey said about sex

'you can have foreplay for hours but it all ends in a rush'

'time after time'  as the song goes

etc
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:23 PM GMT
And as the Rolling Stones said time can be on your side

Or time can be against me now
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:24 PM GMT
or as in that greatest of all ?songs , you were always on my mind

I just never took the time
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:27 PM GMT
Of course Bowie wrote time takes a cigarette
But that's pretty senseless
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:29 PM GMT
And dickens , it was the best of times it was the worst of times
That was true
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 2:31 PM GMT
And you have people who FIND time."and they will say=i found time on my hands/so i guess if you are looking for time you will find it on your hands.
so from this lesson we learn that if you find time on your hands it is best to save the time in the time bank,and then you can use the saved time later on in time to spend it wisely.
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:32 PM GMT
Time it was
And what a time , it was
A time of innocence
A time of confidences
Report lfc1971 January 11, 2018 2:33 PM GMT
Long ago it must be
I have a photograph
Preserve your memories
That's all that's left you
Report Just Checking January 11, 2018 3:41 PM GMT
You're missing the obvious "time dilation" - when you were 5 or 6 the summer holidays lasted, pretty much from your point of view, forever.
Fast forward a bit, and the same period of time flashes by in an instant before you'd even noticed it.
By the time I'm finished writing this, I wouldn't be surprised if I see christmas decorations back up around me.

Oh sh*t. Happy 2020!
Report Makybe_Diva January 11, 2018 3:58 PM GMT
Time in a Bottle
https://youtu.be/AnWWj6xOleY
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 4:48 PM GMT
I've just spent half an hour in the dentist's chair. It felt like eternity.
It's now the end of eternity, who would have thought it?
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 4:51 PM GMT
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake - Auguries of Innocence.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 5:28 PM GMT
its tea time(who makes these rules?Laugh)
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 6:10 PM GMT
Old Father Time?
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 8:26 PM GMT
now we come to the biggest problem of them all.And that is the question of when did time start.
Now science says everything started with the big bang theory.but they say time started at that time.and there was nothing before it.but this is all BS because in order for a big bang to occur you would have to have a time for it to happen.
And the law of thermodynamics(science own laws) state that it is impossible for something to be created from nothing.So science makes an ass of it self with its laws ,so  all science which is built on its thermodynamicial laws can be chucked in the trash can.And time itself proves that there could not have being a big bang unless it was about to see it.
So all we can work out from this is that God and time are connected and were born at the same time,unless there was a god time before the first second of time.and god made the time.
so perhaps the bible is correct and god made time but let you be your own judge on that one if you can make time to think about it.Grin
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
i have to go now because its near time for the news but i will be back in a short time(o ,i better be careful what i say,i will be back in a little while )
a little while=short period of time,small amount of time,a time that is not long for the spender of the time.
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 8:45 PM GMT
According to Einstein, space-time is the fabric of the universe and began at the beginning of the universe. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, the energy of this universe has always existed.
The same arguments apply to any universe should others exist. Our universe exists so logically we should suppose that others exist too.

There are two types of people:
1)Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Report unitedbiscuits January 11, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
For the present there is just one moon,

though every level pond gives back another.

But the bright disc shining in the black lagoon,

perceived by astrophysicist and lover,is milliseconds old. And even that light’s

seven minutes older than its source.

And the stars we think we see on moonless nights

are long extinguished. And, of course,

this very moment, as you read this line,

is literally gone before you know it.

Forget the here-and-now. We have no time

but this device of wantonness and wit.

Make me this present then: your hand in mine,

and we’ll live out our lives in it.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 8:54 PM GMT
yes i am inclined to agree with Albert,but the begining of the universe time had to have millisecond start on the rest of the field,and it would have had to spring out of the traps faster than the speed of light form the big bang,which proves Albert wrong in his theory that nothing travels faster than the spped of light,but if the big bang occured ,time would have travelled faster in order for the light to travel.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 9:02 PM GMT
but then again albert says it possible to go back in time ,so the speed of light may have led the field in the race to edge on the universe after the big bang but time would have caught up on light during the race and its still running.Coolso if you were able to look at our uinverse from outside all you would see is a big bright ball .Happy
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 9:06 PM GMT
You are falling into a trap of your own making, Brassy, a millisecond is a quantity of time and time began coincidentally with the universe. Light didn't emerge until many thousands of years after the "Big Bang" (a term I don't like because it conjures up images of a large explosion about which we have conventional images of a fireball emitting light heat and sound into the surroundings). It was nothing like that, physicists use the term "Inflation" which conjures up other unfortunate analogies too but dispels the inaccuracies I've just mentioned.

A lovely poem, UB and sounds far more recent than my earlier quotation from Blake.
Report unitedbiscuits January 11, 2018 9:08 PM GMT
Yes, Foinavon, Michael Donaghy - "The Present."
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 9:12 PM GMT
I will make a note of it. Thank you UB.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
you know fionavan,we just might have rocked the very foundation of science between us.it is just possible that time travels faster than the speed of light,ho ho ho we may have hit the jackpot.ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked    THIS COULD BE BIG STUFF.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
Foinavon,sorry i got your name wrong,yes we may become famous when someone reads this thread.Happy
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 9:23 PM GMT
You've got me there, Brass,Shocked I don't think of time as travelling, only passing. Perhaps you are onto something. Where is it travelling to? Confused
There is a Universal speed limit, light happens to travel at that speed, no more no less. Einstein's laws show that we all travel through space-time at the universal speed limit, believe it or not. Has your mind been boggled enough for one evening?
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 9:25 PM GMT
You're not the only one to call me Fionavan, Brassy. I don't mind.Happy
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 9:36 PM GMT
here is out theory.TIME TRAVELS FASTER THAN EVERYTHING.IN OTHER WORDS ,THE TIME IT TAKES ANYTHING TO HAPPEN ,TIME WILL TRAVEL FASTER.and it will only travel one tiny second faster.
If a fork falls to the floor the time it takes for it to fall to the floor will be faster than the event itself.
it the answer science has be looking for,what is faster than the speed of light,answer nothing.
but we say" the TIME it takes for the speed of light to travel travels faster than the speed of light ITSELF"
holy feck i think we have a theoryGrinGrinGrin
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 9:41 PM GMT
Goodness me, Prof. Brian Cox will be flabbergasted when he reads this.ExcitedDevil
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 9:53 PM GMT
TIME IS EVERYWHERE.in the begining time was in the tiny pea that big banged ,when the big bang occured everything expanded out to create space,but time had to travel also,
but if the speed of light travelled out in front to the far reaches of the universe it have to have time to expand ,so time had to be faster or the speed of light could not expand .
so the speed of time is faster than the speed of light.
if albert is correct and the speed of light is faster(you can go back in time)
but everyone says nothing travels faster than the speed of light,and thats where they are wrong.The FOINAVON/BRASSNECK theory says the speed of time is faster than the speed of light.(11th january 2018)
science theory=something that is taken as fact until proven wrong.
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
You've worn me down, Brassy Laugh, my tiny brain can't take any more for now.Wink
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 10:20 PM GMT
you are correct foinavon,i am not explaining it right,i will try again.
the TIME it takes for the speed of light to get from one place to the other is faster that the actual speed of light itself.
now i have it.
Report brassneck January 11, 2018 10:47 PM GMT
IN OTHER WORDS if light is travelling from A TO B ,when the light arrives at B the time it took will be at B a nano second before the light arrives
because the  speed of time it took is a nano second faster than the speed of light.
reason.=no matter how fast the speed was for the light to get to B it had to have the time to do it.
speed of time=speed of light +1(unit of the smallest space time ever recorded)nano second.(Foinavon/brassneck theory)
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip January 11, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
Time started when the second thing was created. Eg one cycle of the first thing equals two cycles of the second thing.

When there was only one thing, time wasnt measurable and didnt exist.
Report lfc1971 January 12, 2018 6:53 AM GMT
I suppose there is no such thing as physical time, it is only a construct of memory .
It is the same thing because you can't have memory without time
It is from within us, part of being human that is what creates time , our memory
Report lfc1971 January 12, 2018 6:58 AM GMT
But then as please says you can't have anything physical without time , because physical things change , and that takes time
Report lfc1971 January 12, 2018 7:25 AM GMT
Then if you have distance you must have time . The universe has to be big so as to stop us getting to the end of it
If it wasn't so big and it was possible to have enough time to walk to the end then we would be able to see what is at the end and we would know everything , and that can't be allowed
I don't know why
Report lfc1971 January 12, 2018 7:29 AM GMT
Of course there is a short way and a long way to the end of the universe , if you travel up or down it is very much shorter than if you travel left or right
But even up or down is much too far
Report U.A. January 12, 2018 9:42 AM GMT
STOP

Hammer Time
Report Foinavon January 12, 2018 11:18 AM GMT
There is a restaurant at the end of the Universe. I read it in a book.
Report jollyswagman January 12, 2018 11:21 AM GMT
a thread with the two great betfair philosophers brass and lfc on it Laugh
Report moisok January 12, 2018 1:13 PM GMT
use lot haven't a klue.  And I simply haven't got the time to explain
Report brassneck January 12, 2018 5:07 PM GMT
the edge of the universe has to have light from the big bang because it is still expanding and the speed of light would have trapped well after the big bang and once out on front there was nothing going to catch it,but the new foinavon/brassneck theory proves that time(also a member of the big bang)would have trapped well also.
the speed of light on its big bang journey would have to go back in time if time was not out in front of it,proving that space time travels faster than the speed of light.
remember there was nothing before the big bang so when the space expanded the time had to be on front of it otherwise the speed of lightin space
would have nothing to expand into and would go back in time.So there you are guys ,SPACE TIME TRAVELS FASTER THAT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.
And it follows that if we human beings could harness the speed of time it would be possible to go back in time.So Albert was correct about that one,but foinavon /brass have now updated the big bang theory saying that space time travels faster than the speed of light.Cool
Report brassneck January 12, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
SO Albert was correct when he said everything happens together but he forgot to say anything can only happen when the time for it to happen is already there.
in other words nothing can happen unless there is time already there for it to happen.
it is now time for me to end this thread.
Report Foinavon January 12, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
And about time too, Albert will be spinning in his grave. Shocked
Report jamesdean January 12, 2018 7:43 PM GMT
Just read all this thread, that's 5 minutes of my time I'll never get back..
Report brassneck January 12, 2018 10:48 PM GMT
but the big big question is "how can you make time so that it can be an advantage to you ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now