Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Lady Faye Verrit
07 Jan 18 20:40
| Topic/replies: 812 | Blogger: Lady Faye Verrit's blog
Talking to my daughter earlier, about what TV programmes I like!

One is Salvage Hunters, which I like as it's little staged...

I was saying that there is no way he is making money, travelling to Aberdeen, Cornwall, and every place in between, and buying, sometimes, sod all,
and paying for fuel and, presumably B&B,!

Not helped buy declining to buy something, which he says should stay in the house, or offering more than asked for!

Just watching again and he was offered a table for £500.00 when he said "Not enough, I'll give you £800.00 for it!!!

Clearly, his money is made from  the TV broadcasters!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Salvage Hunters...
Show More
Report casemoney January 7, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
Apparently he has a website where he sells some of the Items
Report invicta January 7, 2018 9:10 PM GMT
I really like this programme Lady Faye, I think Drew is a very knowledgeable and successful dealer, he seems to want to offer fair prices as long as he sees a profit.
Report Sica Dan January 7, 2018 9:15 PM GMT
He gets invited to places because of TV thus he tries to offer reasonably fair prices.
If for example he offers £400 for something the seller would need to get £500 at auction
to match his bid.Everything he buys has a minimum of 100% profit potential.
Report cooperman January 9, 2018 11:06 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X0WOy0J1fw
Report alun2005 January 9, 2018 11:54 AM GMT
If you like 'Salvage Hunters' let me give you my personal recommendation for 'BAGGAGE BATTLES' on the Travel Channel.

An American show where a bunch of traders scrap it out to make profits on items they've bought at 'Lost Property' type auctions. I don't care whether some/all of it is staged.

Here's an example show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQi7vf2R3JI
Report Lady Faye Verrit January 9, 2018 1:27 PM GMT
Sorry alun, but this is as much comparable with Salvage Hunters, as Songs Of Praise!

First eight minutes, nothing happened. and then, in between nothing happening, there was possibly six minutes of not very much happening!

What's the other one on similar lines? "Container Wars" or something like that!

For me, the only one that doesn't aggravate me, is "American Pickers".....

Wouldn't do, for everyone to have the same taste!
Report alun2005 January 9, 2018 2:35 PM GMT
Ah well, as ever I depart a wiser and humbler man from this thread. Thank you for that sage advice LFV.

Can I at least say in mitigation Your Honour that the episodes in the earlier series were much better?
Report Lady Faye Verrit January 9, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
Not for one second putting you down alun.

As I said it's personal taste, as with Marmite, Oysters, Jellied Eels, big bazookas and so on......
Report alun2005 January 9, 2018 3:18 PM GMT
No offence taken whatsoever LFV. I will definitely be checking out your recommendations.

I definitely like big bazookas, but not the others you mentioned.
Report Deltâ January 9, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
i like the others, but not big bazookas
Report FOYLESWAR January 9, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
cash cowboys similar to american pickers is decent imo , the storage wars stuff is shyte ,yeah i am gonna hire a locker store a load of gear worth 100s / 1,000s of pounds then i am going to abandon it ,then the owners of the stroage company will sell the lockers without looking whats inside ,yeah right the band played belive it if you like !
Report alun2005 January 9, 2018 5:49 PM GMT
This seems like a timely moment to remind us all that if you want to see Vulture Capitalism at its finest, a sphere in which the buying and selling of goods has evolved to High Art. an arena in which the big trader dogs will gladly rip off the head of their opponent and s*** down their neck for good measure, there can ONLY be ONE television destination for your appreciation.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you 'The Antiques Road Trip' and two great moments to watch.

The Great Paul Laidlaw finds an antique camera in a shop, pays the shopkeeper a derisory £80 for it, and sells it auction for rather more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4tpwMDL8yvDwJS0kGSf4Fx0/finding-a-f...  

Cheerful Charlie Ross pays £8 for an antique Staffordshire elephant clock (he wanted to pay £2) and sees a bidding war erupt at auction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00q2ffy
Report alun2005 January 9, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
Apologies, the camera was purchased at the shop for £60.
Report casemoney January 9, 2018 9:36 PM GMT
https://www.drewpritchard.co.uk/collections/tables

Shocked  Jaysus Half of this Gear would have been Slung out Plain
Report bigH January 10, 2018 6:06 AM GMT
calm down - the january sale at Oak Furnitureland starts this weekend
Report Lady Faye Verrit January 10, 2018 12:37 PM GMT
Storage Wars would be an insult to peoples intelligence (if they had any)!

Have seen a few snippets only, and in one when they cracked open the lock, the lights were on, and there was a camera inside, looking out to the cretins!!!
Report cooperman January 10, 2018 1:50 PM GMT
Salvage Hunters is a TV show ffs, any semblance to real life is purely coincidental.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now