Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
06 Jan 18 01:05
| Topic/replies: 20,011 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
We are out of Europe or Will be ,Time for a Public Vote, I suggest a fair warning Period and it is Given to the public to Decide in  2019 , 50 years after it was Finally abolished ...
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Death Penalty Vote
Show More
Report Fashion Fever January 6, 2018 1:38 AM GMT
I was listening to a guy on youtube who claimed to be a time traveller and been to the year 2090 on a CIA experiment.

He claimed police were replaced by a sophisticated CCTV systems in major cities and towns, citizens were basically watched 24/7, if you committed a felony you were invited to by the system to attend an interview at its HQ, if the system decided the felony was severe enough you was immediately executed, if lesser felony the system may decide on a rehab programme.

he claimed there was very little crime.
Report the bairn January 6, 2018 1:44 AM GMT
torture first, then slow death. cheers.
Report RLKingPunter January 6, 2018 1:56 AM GMT
Bring it back , enough is enough.
Report lybertyne January 6, 2018 5:37 AM GMT
Imagine the meltdown if it was voted back in.  "They" are still struggling with Brexit.

Excited
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 6, 2018 8:42 AM GMT
Bring it back!!!

Make executions compulsory viewing at 4pm and ensure every citizen watches them.

Must feed the bloodlust.
Report TheBetterBettor January 6, 2018 9:51 AM GMT
Prevention is notably better than the cure...

I would opt for the ludovico technique.
Report dunlaying January 6, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
The sooner the better .
Report GoOnThen January 6, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
Absolutely no chance of this happening in our new snowflake society.
Report dunlaying January 6, 2018 11:13 AM GMT
Unfortunately you are right.
Report A_T January 6, 2018 11:22 AM GMT
no civilised country is going to bring back the death penalty
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2018 11:23 AM GMT
If a referendum were held on bringing back the death penalty, there would surely be a majority in favour.

That's why they'll never hold one.
Report dave1357 January 6, 2018 11:25 AM GMT
Forum taliban all desperate for a return to medieval values.
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2018 11:52 AM GMT
I've always been opposed to the death penalty by the way.
Report lybertyne January 6, 2018 11:54 AM GMT
People like John Worboys, Ian Huntley and those two who killed Lee Rigby are a dead weight burden on society.  They have no "human rights".  Just kill them, dump them and be done with it.
Report TheBetterBettor January 6, 2018 11:59 AM GMT
Id thought lybertyne would harvest their evil hearts
Report SlippyBlue January 6, 2018 12:49 PM GMT
As lybertyne said above, in cases like those and that of Fred and Rose West, Peter Sutcliffe and the like then a lethal injection is fully justified in my opinion and given the choice I would vote in favour of capital punishment.
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2018 12:57 PM GMT
I'm against the death penalty not because I'm squeamish about such matters. It's because I don't trust the legal system.
I wouldn't like my life to depend on the validity of police evidence, the difference in skill between two lawyers, an out of touch judge or the gullibility of a jury.
There have been too many travesties of justice for my liking, to trust the state with the power to legally execute people.
Report Just Checking January 6, 2018 1:26 PM GMT
Totally agree Crippen. Far too many screwed up cases. Look at the one just last week where, not murder but r*pe, (still very serious) they were apparently trying to hide the evidence that would indicate the guys innocence.

There are degrees of certainty here in a conviction, but the system won't like to admit that so for me it's a non starter.

For the likes of the Wests where it WAS certain what they'd done, I wouldn't have the death penalty, not immediately, I'd put them in a medieval dungeon with some rats for a decade or two..
Report casemoney January 6, 2018 4:48 PM GMT
After Brexit , if it were put to the Vote ur Luvvie Civ Liv would Shirley have to crawl away and Hide under a stone ,I think would be 60-40 to bring it back , These long term Lumps of Shyte cost the nation a fortune to Look after ,and after some of the crimes committed have no right to Live ...

Terrorism
Child Murder
Serial Murder
Killing a police officer

As for the Mentally ill claims  Mob ,get rid rid of them ,another burden on Society ....
Report casemoney January 6, 2018 4:52 PM GMT
I would go for the Live cremation Option , Remove vocal chords prior to the act ...

Penalty  carried out plus the Scum removed  ....
Report moisok January 6, 2018 5:01 PM GMT
Could I be put in charge of the cases against politicians?
Given that there would be capital punishment when caught out lying?
I will bring my own guillotine.
Report Injera January 6, 2018 5:39 PM GMT
In some cases I would vote 'yes'. A planned killing, death of a child, police officer.

If I murdered someone I wouldn't expect to live. I'd say fair cop.

Why spend millions on imprisoning killers when that money could be spent protecting life?
Think of the good we could do with that dosh.
Report moisok January 6, 2018 6:17 PM GMT
I see 'em let out to do more of the same - that is where I would be using my guillotine!!  pip pip
Report A_T January 6, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
anging's too good for em
Report northanlite January 6, 2018 6:45 PM GMT
obviously i get why people feel this way but we know for a fact a number of innocent people have been executed
in the past and would have been executed had it still been in place in more recent times and more than likely will be
executed if it is brought back.
that's my problem with it.
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2018 7:10 PM GMT
Worse than that northanlite, if the death penalty were brought back juries would be very reluctant to convict on anything other than the strongest of evidence. Which would lead to many murderers getting off.
Report northanlite January 6, 2018 7:18 PM GMT
very true and no home secretary or judge would fancy the sh1t storm every conviction would bring.
it hasn't really worked in countries where they do have it. if they bring in the death penalty for shop lifting
then i would expect an immediate decrease.
Report casemoney January 6, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
LaughGrin
Report portmanpark January 6, 2018 9:16 PM GMT
casemoney..........killing a police officer...........you are joking
Report northanlite January 6, 2018 9:22 PM GMT
i'm a little bit scared of casemoney. he just seems desperate to kill. i would have him watched, perhaps euthanizedSilly
Report moisok January 6, 2018 9:26 PM GMT
well.......if we brought back hanging..........   sorry just joking
Report bigmo January 6, 2018 9:29 PM GMT
I don't want it back as i feel we are no better wanting to kill someone because of their actions.We have to rise above that.
Report King of Dubai January 6, 2018 9:31 PM GMT
Keep taking the tablets, moisok, you  blithering idiot.
Report ufcdan January 6, 2018 9:36 PM GMT
Could have a slogan on a bus "If we cull the criminal population we could save £350mil for the NHS" !
Report Shrewd_dude January 6, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
Against. The cost of changing the system and bringing in execution for 1 or 2  people a year would likely far outweigh the cost of keeping these 1 or 2 people in jail for life.
Report ufcdan January 6, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
They reckon it costs more in the States to execute someone than it does to bang them up for life
Report northanlite January 6, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
i just don't think the justice system is good enough to get it right and getting it wrong is way too much of a risk.
can you imagine knowing you didn't do it but still going to your end???
Report moisok January 6, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
north ain't far off the money on this one
although couldn't we get rid of some?
Report charwell. January 6, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
I think the OP raises an excellent question.

After bringing back the death penalty we can then bring back 'tests for witches.'

If they drown they are innocent. If they live then they are guilty. And then executed.

I nominate Dianne Abbott.

However, experts estimate that the cost of her last meal will keep 9 murderers in jail for life. These cost/ethical dilemmas questions are toughies.
Report akabula January 7, 2018 12:09 AM GMT
I've got mixed emotions on this.
When I think of the likes of Brady and Hindley then I'm all for it but too many have been wrongly convicted over the years.
Report casemoney January 7, 2018 3:02 AM GMT
I have the strange belief in an Eye for an Eye , I could make a List of 50 Subhumans that should be removed saving perhaps a billion from the public Purse ..

Lets Start with Mr Peter Tobin  and see what Luvvy Civ Lib believes this thing has any rights Plain

I believe the Vote should go to the People, Brussels is Finnish GrinGrinGrinLaugh
Report casemoney January 7, 2018 3:06 AM GMT
Sticking with the Letter P  ,Sutcliffe  another Chap who could be sent along the Rollers in a box Grin

Shirley none of the Luvvie mob on here can disagree with them 2 Plain
Report northanlite January 7, 2018 3:24 AM GMT
hang on on i see what you have done here. you have confused nazi death squads with capital punishment.
easy mistake to make but with the capital thing we need a trial, judge. jury blah de blah. it's so tiresome.
with your idea it's really just murder who you don't like & if anyone objects murder them too. Marvellous!
Report flag of goats January 7, 2018 9:53 AM GMT
One way or another the death penalty will return in the UK within the next 50 years.

Whether it be by a right wing take over based on too much crime in the cities or the far left encouraging Sharia Law to emerge it’ll happen.
Choose your method, lethal injection of beheadings.
Report A_T January 7, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
i'd go for beheadings - the injection as used in the USA often doesn't work
Report A_T January 7, 2018 10:42 AM GMT
we could ask our friends the Saudis how to do it properly
Report northanlite January 7, 2018 1:28 PM GMT
the current government would probably put the execution contract out to tender
Report Just Checking January 7, 2018 2:11 PM GMT
Fantastic news for murderers, Group 4 would c0ck it up so badly they'd go into the execution room dying of cancer and come out cured.
Report casemoney January 7, 2018 3:03 PM GMT
with your idea it's really just murder who you don't like & if anyone objects murder them too. Marvellous!

Yes I dislike People who Commit Multiple Murders Child Murderers and Terrorists  among many ,I believe these people should be destroyed as Cheaply and Quickly as possible ...

Why are you mentioning Nazi Death Camps where innocent people were Murdered ? At least some of their Murderers were Hung and rightly so ,but then again the likes of you would probably find something wrong with that ..

You obviously believe these type of People have rights ? You sound like a wrong un to me ? Perhaps you can explain to us all why the Likes of Peter Tobin deserves to live ....
Report alun2005 January 7, 2018 3:11 PM GMT
The death penalty is "Too lenient, there's always the possibility of reincarnation". 

Not my words you understand, but those of that fine American police officer Sledge Hammer, circa 1986).
Report casemoney January 7, 2018 3:13 PM GMT
Grin
Report Dr Crippen January 7, 2018 3:56 PM GMT
It's a stitch up I tell ya.
Report Lady Faye Verrit January 7, 2018 5:05 PM GMT
Remember this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lesley_Molseed
Report Lady Faye Verrit January 7, 2018 5:55 PM GMT
If I've remembered it correctly, there are only one, or two, people in the USA, who will provide the ingredients for a lethal injection!

Haven't tried it yet but, apparently, it's not the best experience for the victim!

Whilst some would want this not to be a comfortable procedure, it could be more civilised by first putting the person to sleep,
and then administering whatever would be the best, most reliable, and none violent final stage.

I have twice witnessed, in a hospice, where they end peoples suffering, with injections that relax the heart muscle.
Report treetop January 7, 2018 7:23 PM GMT
I am sure it could be done in a humane fashion,they do it all the time at Dignitas, but some people would persist in loudly respecting the rights of the 'victims' instead of respecting the rights of the victims.
Report Dr Crippen January 7, 2018 8:25 PM GMT
If everybody read the link that LFV supplied they wouldn't be so keen to give the power of life or death to the state.

I wonder exactly how many innocent people have been put away by false evidence supplied by the police, or would have been cleared if evidence had not been withheld by the police?
Justice in this country has been shown many times to be an utter disgrace.
Report akabula January 7, 2018 8:34 PM GMT
Rather than reintroducing the death penalty I'd like to see a tougher regime in prison for those who commit serious crimes.
They would have no rights to anything other than the basics ie Bed, food, toilet facilities, heating and exercise.
Privilges, albeit restricted to visits and reading material, would have to be earned which would be a means of control over their behaviour.
Report Shrewd_dude January 7, 2018 8:51 PM GMT
Dr Crippen has changed his tune.
Report Dr Crippen January 7, 2018 9:12 PM GMT
Why Shrewd_dude, what tune did I play before?
Report Hank Hill January 7, 2018 9:26 PM GMT
As with many issues this ends up being a slanging match between left/right, but it shouldn't be. I would not reintroduce the death penalty. As some others have said, not because I am opposed to having murderers killed by the state, but because of the innocent that will also be wrongly executed. You cannot pick and choose which murderers will be executed. You only have to look at the many cases in the US where lifers are released after new evidence etc is found. No second chance if they've already been executed!
Report STUDYFORM January 7, 2018 11:54 PM GMT
Here's a thought.
Someone murders a person and there are other people present or nearby.
The murderer thinks, "I'm going to be executed for this, I might as well kill all of them"
Report Shrewd_dude January 8, 2018 2:10 AM GMT
That you need to listen to what an officer says and abide by their every command Dr Crippen.
Report Dr Crippen January 8, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
Shrewd_dude, so what's that got to do with the death penalty, and me changing my tune?
Report moisok January 8, 2018 3:00 PM GMT
yes hank but the 'liberal let them all go free' group will have fun executing all the naughtY knuckle draggers for raising the issue
they can borrow my guillotine   (you have no idea how taxing it is for me to remember how to spell it!!!!   IT HO HO)
Report brockville January 8, 2018 4:35 PM GMT
Crowd Fund idea 1.

Disclaimer: Both ideas are meant as a deterrent and are not for the purposes of gratification or revenge.DevilSurprisedDevil

Torture T.V.

The basic idea is that once convicted. The worst off societies scumbags....child molesters, peodos, serial killers, premeditating murderers, lefties and Fifers, will be tortured mercilessly to within an inch of their lives on the old channel 4 big brother set while watching Bob from India shave his legs...

They are then nursed back to health on the old casualty set while a celebrity sings Take That songs to them. I would suggest Tony Blair as he's not working.

Once the Take That songs have done the trick, we whispers in their ear that when they're all better we're gonny start all over again, repeat, repeat and repeat. "Now that's a deterrent".

On second thoughts that might be a better name than torture T.V which may upset the luvvies a wee bit.

Crowd Fund idea 2.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Kaboom!!!

This idea is a twist on the 80's gameshow 3-2-1.

We buy a dozen heavily armed Apache helicopters (I'm pretty sure I could talk the Donald into doing us a deal). We alter the body of the Apache to look like a giant flying Dusty Bin. We then attach giant megaphones and LED screens to each side of the flying Dusty Bin (like the ones in Close encounters of the 3rd kind).

Our Apaches shadow the Police and they locate a speeding vehicle that is trying to run from the said police. If in their attempts to escape from the Police the inhabitants of the speeding vehicle are showing little or no consideration for other innocent road users/pedestrians by not pulling over....then the game begins...

The Apache moves into position behind the speeding vehicle and the countdown begins...the LEDs flash and the tannoys roar...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Now at this point we end up with 1 of 2 win, win outcomes.

Outcome 1. The wee rascals realize their situation is hopeless and pull into the side of the road and surrender peacefully. To continue the "Now there's a deterrent" theme, they then get a minimum of 10 years hard labour and are only released after exactly 10 years if they behave themselves. If they don't then we play the Kaboom wildcard.

Outcome 2. The wee rascals continue their vehicular rampage and the "Kaboom" option is brought into play immediately by way of a sidewinder missile.

I'm very confident that this idea would bring about a huge reduction in car crime, police chases and most importantly the loss of innocent life inflicted by these entitled wee roasters.

Thoughts??

I'm also working on a few other games but their still in the early stages of development.

"Huvny got a Cluedo"

A murder mystery game. You have to figure out what Jezza used to murder the Blairites and how the hell he got elected leader.

"Ker Plonker"

This is simply a game about Theresa May.

"Connect 2024"

A grid like game based on the number of attempts to connect The Donald to the Russians.

"Twistopoly"

This is a cross between the games Twister and Monopoly....need I say more.
Report moisok January 8, 2018 4:52 PM GMT
Could we reconsider the sidewinder missile or are you (being a soft liberal) trying to give them a chance. Probably better to have an air to ground missile. 

If no chance given then  perhaps a nuclear tipped option

always happy to help
Report Shrewd_dude January 8, 2018 5:28 PM GMT
Shrewd_dude, so what's that got to do with the death penalty, and me changing my tune?

I never said you had changed your tune on the death penalty. You certainly have on police officers though.
Report roadrunner46 January 9, 2018 12:05 AM GMT
u still stuck in the old testament # dozy sod
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 9, 2018 10:03 AM GMT
I think we should have a new national lottery. Proceeds go to the new Royal Yacht. Instead of winning a cash prize though you get the chance to personally strangle the perp of your choice.

#takingourcountryback
Report ufcdan January 9, 2018 7:22 PM GMT
As with many issues this ends up being a slanging match between left/right, but it shouldn't be. I would not reintroduce the death penalty. As some others have said, not because I am opposed to having murderers killed by the state, but because of the innocent that will also be wrongly executed. You cannot pick and choose which murderers will be executed. You only have to look at the many cases in the US where lifers are released after new evidence etc is found. No second chance if they've already been executed!

There have been cases where the Old bill have stitched up people. Birmingham four etc etc. To combat this if it is found out that it was a stitch up those officers should themselves be executed...............simples !
Report alun2005 January 9, 2018 7:24 PM GMT
Correct UFCDan. It's one of the reasons why I have also been opposed to it.
Report ufcdan January 9, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
Yep but I have to admit I find life to mean life crueler in some cases. Mainly in the US. 12 life sentences plus 200 years.........what's that all about ?
Report Charlie January 9, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
I find degrees of murder quite difficult to distinguish. Are you saying death penalty for 1st degree murder but not for others?
Report akabula January 9, 2018 9:48 PM GMT
I think when we had capital punishment previously it was only considered in cases first degree murder.
Report Dr Crippen January 9, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
You certainly have on police officers though.

No conflict at all.
I've always said that everyone should fully cooperate with the police and not give them any hassle. Still do.

I wrote here that I wouldn't trust police evidence if a life depended on it.

What's one got to do with the other?
Report Dr Crippen January 9, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
If a police officer pulls you over, what the point in giving him lip and landing yourself in trouble?

Just cooperate and be on your way.  Isn't that the sensible thing to do?
Report moisok January 9, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
unless you are ..... or ...... and you can play the victim card loudly

the the lives matter people will come running
Report casemoney January 10, 2018 12:31 AM GMT
An EYE FOR AN EYE ,the cases I have stated there can be no Mistake, as Stated only Wrong Uns would believe those animals have any rights  I rest my case ..The CIV LIB mob keep well out of harms way Mixing with their Luvvy Cronies ,god forbid they should encounter the Likes of an escaped  Tobin , I think their out look on the DP might suddenly change ...
Report casemoney January 10, 2018 12:34 AM GMT
And never Mind Escapees how many of These nutters are released to Kill again ??
Report treetop January 10, 2018 1:41 PM GMT
It would be of interest to know how many innocents have died from repeat offenders being released into the community who have to bear the risk of rehabilitation.
Report casemoney January 10, 2018 6:03 PM GMT
Would run into Hundreds ,If you include those released from Metal Hospitals  ..
Report casemoney January 10, 2018 6:03 PM GMT
And Mental Ones Laugh
Report casemoney January 10, 2018 6:08 PM GMT
But then we will Run into trouble with the Civ Lib mob if we were to suggest a man who Smashed a womans Head in then threw her off the 9th floor ,Should n0t be released 4 years Later ..

A man who attempted to commit Suicide after  by hanging himself from a Tree, A strange move by someone with suicidal Thoughts to leave a tower block in order to find a tree ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now