Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Facts
18 Aug 17 06:23
| Topic/replies: 26,413 | Blogger: Facts's blog
The guy is obviously deranged and his latest tweets about General Pershing, confirms he is blatantly unfit for office.
Share |
Show More
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 5:34 PM BST
Lol !!
Report northanlite July 19, 2018 5:47 PM BST
stickyvicky 19 Jul 18 13:12

Manafort was a Trump campaign manager

yes he wss. trial starts next week i believe
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 5:59 PM BST
I'll say one thing though

What's happened to the kids at the border ?

Alex Jones still no real talkie regarding Trump, he's resorting to mocking CNN with childish thumbnails regarding the kids at the border, another day in distraction land from both sides of the media spectrum

But no one bats an eye lid on either side
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 6:01 PM BST
@5.47
How many managers has Trump employed over his lifetime in business and now politics ? 3000, 4000 maybe.
Is he accountable for all of these too ? No, I thought not.
Well not in the real world anyway but he may be in the Leftie Logic world though.
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 6:25 PM BST
no kids coverage now the outrage of separating families not important anymore.the same happened with david hogg liberal media used him for their agenda no mention of school shootings anymore just back to the normal Russia Russia.donald has them on the run and they do not know what to do.
MR PRESIDENT if you have nothing to hide get the the incompetent intel agencies release and declassify the ongoing hacking attack and show the american people if the red light really is blinking.
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 6:32 PM BST
@6.01
Manafort was demoted from his Campaign position immediately by Trump after Trump learned things about Manafort at a high level security meeting.
Manafort then resigned soon after.

nellie... you left a word out, it should read 'fake' outrage
Report dave1357 July 19, 2018 6:49 PM BST
trump one again confirming he is a retard

https://www.axios.com/trump-criticizes-federal
-reserve-for-hiking-interest-rates-1f769f53-3ee9-421b-b0cb-9b29b7b84a48.html
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 6:52 PM BST
CNN breaking news trumps rip fed over interest rates.he is not allowed to do that say cnn.trump i do not care if anyone says i am not supposed to get involvedLaugh
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 6:55 PM BST
another breaking news story by cnn president disagrees with putin to question americans so another story that created outrage has been put to bed
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 7:26 PM BST
@6.49
Trump is trying to do now everything that JFK tried to do in the 60's but we all know how that turned out Sad

Denuclearization agreements with russia (JFK)... Ending Cold War with russia (Trump)
Anti-Federal Reserve agenda (JFK)...Criticising Fed Reserve (Trump)
He was going 'to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and cast it to the wind' (JFK)... Decapitating the head layers of FBI and Dept of Justice (Trump)
Report edy July 19, 2018 7:27 PM BST
We are in a cold war?
Report aaronh July 19, 2018 7:37 PM BST
yes, very cold
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 7:39 PM BST
Yep, russian sanctions both EU and US in place, russia out of G7(8), UK didn't send any VIPs heads of government to Russia world cup, russian athletes not allowed to compete in the last / summer winter olympics under russian flag, salsibury 'poisoning, story (no proof yet), russian US election collusion story ( no proof) etc etc.
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 7:39 PM BST
https://youtu.be/kWduZAtSlsc

No

Trump literally wants to send Americans over to Russia to be interrogated Crazy

Absolutely disgusting what this bloke is getting away with

And still no one does anything
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 7:42 PM BST
a statement was given to the white press core that he does not agree with putins proposal to question americans.
cnn breaking news at 18.56 so it must be true
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 7:43 PM BST
'Trump rules out Putin's plan to interrogate U.S. citizens' an hour ago.
You can calm down now SS Laugh
Report detraveller July 19, 2018 7:45 PM BST
So the americans expect that Putin would let them interview the 12 russians, without getting anything back? I thought Putin's demand was pretty fair.
Report moisok July 19, 2018 7:50 PM BST
I know trump is a braggart etc etc etc and done dodgy deals like arfur etc  but when I see nearly everyone in the privileged classes and privileged positions in the media seemingly gang up on someone then I smell a rat.  Ok I could well be wrong but I felt the same about Corbyn his election, then leadership battle with chemical smith and the horrendous bias against corbyn, then all the  Farage incidents and opposition, the eu elections - totally biased, UKIP, The favouritism shown to the Eu on all tv channels.  I start to wonder who is saying A, B or C is bad and why.  Of course it is interest isn't it. Powerful interests.  I am loathe to jump on the bandwaggon quite honestly as other dark forces are trying to keep control and steer the ship so to speak.

So little balance - only this morning sky featured anna soubrey for 13 mins !!!  there was no opposite view with Bunter giving her an easy ride and so on and so on.
They do it with certain figures like footy managers and players all the time too.  And many others in the face of the media.

Band waggons they absolutely love do they not too.
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 7:52 PM BST
the media never learn the only way to really rile trump is to just not cover him for one or two days as the media is trumps cocaine.time magazine again today with that disgraceful new cover will just enthuse the base.

cbs pole 68% of republicans were in favour of his handling of the summit.if there was no coverage of him for a day or two then he would have a meltdown dumb media just do not get it
Report detraveller July 19, 2018 8:00 PM BST
Not possible. When the media boycott him, they play right into his hands. Then it will be 'fake and biased media' instead of fake media. The Don has them by the balls.
Report dave1357 July 19, 2018 8:02 PM BST
The retard thinks that you can borrow and spend trillions when an economy is close to capacity without interest rates rising.
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 8:03 PM BST
'The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media.'
Donald J. Trump
(today)
Report moisok July 19, 2018 8:05 PM BST
that is hilarious on all sorts of levels
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:06 PM BST

Jul 19, 2018 -- 7:45PM, detraveller wrote:

So the americans expect that Putin would let them interview the 12 russians, without getting anything back? I thought Putin's demand was pretty fair.

Its the Russians who have been caught meddling in Americas business Crazy if Americans get rumbled doing the same thing in Russia you'd expect them to be dealt with accordingly

So russia meddles, get caught out and then start demanding they to talk to the people who have caught them?

Just when you think Trumps lot couldn't get anymore ridiculous Laugh

Report detraveller July 19, 2018 8:07 PM BST
Russia hasn't been caught by the way. The president of the USA has denied any reports of Russian meddling. What are you on about?
Report detraveller July 19, 2018 8:07 PM BST
Grin
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:08 PM BST
The Russians have been caught (20+ indictments), not just caught but caught red handed

Grin
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:09 PM BST
Denial till the end

Trump may or may not be directly implemented in it, but he benefited from a **** election, which becomes null and void.
Report moisok July 19, 2018 8:09 PM BST
Bias - how about the miners strike - a stunning example  or greenham common etc etc
Report detraveller July 19, 2018 8:10 PM BST
Nah, I don't believe that, sorry to say. I'd rather believe the commander in chief than believe some guy called Muller.
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:10 PM BST
dumb congress voting now on a bill so americans will not answer questions from russia.Sanders trump does not agree with putins proposal so the congress are voting on something which is never going to happen

what about a vote on immigration!or something usef
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:10 PM BST
should be useful
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:10 PM BST
Alex Jones will claim its a conspiracy against them, and his fanbase will just buy it

Victim mentality is stronger than the realisation you've been fooled
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:12 PM BST
election becomes null and voidLaughLaughLaughany chance bernie gets another chance then since the pant suit queen **** her nomination
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:14 PM BST
Be funny if what brings him down is the voiding of the 2016 election, clowns like Jones would need a padded cell for their own protection
Report dave1357 July 19, 2018 8:14 PM BST
trump does not agree with putins proposal so the congress are voting on something which is never going to happen

I think I can see a minor flaw in your logic.
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 8:16 PM BST
The only one fooled and had his bluff called was Mueller.
Made no comment at all for days on a game changer to his investigation/witch hunt, an interview with the actual faceless russian hackers.
Good work, Bob
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:17 PM BST
what is the point of the vote?
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:17 PM BST
Trump has only pulled the plug on allowing Russia to question Americans citizens because of the rage engulfing his summit

The man is a disgrace for even contemplating it

But he'll deflect the attention away soon enough and the media will fall for it like they always do
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:18 PM BST

Jul 19, 2018 -- 8:14PM, dave1357 wrote:

trump does not agree with putins proposal so the congress are voting on something which is never going to happenI think I can see a minor flaw in your logic.

Trump not agreeing on it right this second is the flaw in your logic, he changes his mind like you change your underwear, I think the past 3 days have proved that.

Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:18 PM BST
what is the point of the congress voting on this?
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:19 PM BST

Jul 19, 2018 -- 8:18PM, nellie1970 wrote:

what is the point of the congress voting on this?

To stop Trump from allowing it

He might disagree now, but in 10 minutes he might change his mind

Stop the clown from acting NOW is the best thing they can do

Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:20 PM BST
ignore second post first post took along time to show
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 8:22 PM BST
Browder is a convicted fraudster and tax evader on the run from russia hiding out in the USA.
Of course Putin was going to float the idea ( with Trump at the summit ) of interviewing him and others.
Report dave1357 July 19, 2018 8:23 PM BST
nellie Trump has changed and unchanged his mind about every aspect of his Helsinki meeting.  Why should congress believe him?
Report dave1357 July 19, 2018 8:27 PM BST
yes vicky and pootin's thugs also posthumously convicted whistleblower sergei magnitsky after they murdered him.
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:28 PM BST
trump speaking now

african american employment lowest ever
hispanic lowest ever employment
women umployment lowest in 65 years
consumer confidence highest of all time

signing an executive order now.national council for american workers.this if for new skills and training. no doubt the dems will find this shocking and is an impeachable offence

IMPEACH 45
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 8:29 PM BST

Jul 19, 2018 -- 8:27PM, dave1357 wrote:

yes vicky and pootin's thugs also posthumously convicted whistleblower sergei magnitsky after they murdered him.

Thought he had a heart attack ? Devil

Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:32 PM BST
does any russian ever get arrested and found guilty?the Salisbury attack cnn say they have identified the suspects but surprise surprise they used fake names to get back to Russia
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:44 PM BST
is there a reason why america use voting machines instead of the paper ballot?
Report timbuctooth July 19, 2018 8:52 PM BST
It avoids the `hanging chad` issue, which held up the election process for a month, before Bush was finally declared the winner in Florida, whose Electoral College votes decided the Presidency.
Report moisok July 19, 2018 8:52 PM BST
note the novochickabiddy latest where police are supposedly leaking info  -  it is all russians wot done it coz they are worried they have not been  telling the public enough about wots going on

is that actually news that russians are involved?? I though may had stated that within a couple of days

what a tangled webb they weave   

all rumour  etc but the press lapping it up especially the good old sky telescreen!!!
Report timbuctooth July 19, 2018 8:54 PM BST
wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_presidential_election_recount_in_Florida
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 8:54 PM BST
cheers for that explanation
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 8:59 PM BST
If I was the media now I'd hound him every single say regarding Russia, press briefings etc just hound Sarah Sanders with questions about Russia, everytime Trump is in the garden answering questions hound him like wolves regarding Russia

Stay on him like a rash, he'll break imo, get him to react daily.
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 9:01 PM BST
Just look at his face during that "wouldn't" conference, he was rattled

Hound him and don't give him any breathing space

Forget his fake unemployment figures, his fake brashness etc, hound the disgrace on Russia only
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 9:01 PM BST
they have been doing that for over a yearLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 9:03 PM BST
Stay on him like a rash, he'll break imo, get him to react daily.

Laugh

They are discussing having a second meeting soon. Some on he may crack quicker when that happens. lol
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 9:03 PM BST
They haven't though, they move onto other stuff for weeks on end (kids on the border etc)

Don't let him change the story or deflect, soon as he talks about something else get it back onto Russia ASAP, get under his skin and p*** him off

Whether they will is another question
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 9:03 PM BST
*on here
Report SontaranStratagem July 19, 2018 9:07 PM BST
"Trump invites Putin to washington this autumn" White House says

Block that for a start, but we kinda know we are all being played here

Putin will accept and then visit no doubt, they'll sit in a room with no one else allowed

Its comical it really is
Report timbuctooth July 19, 2018 9:12 PM BST
SS; the world`s biggest ever witch hunt has had the world`s media, global lefties, every deep-stater still in employment and the CCDA trying to find something, ANYTHING to `break` him.  Bow mych longer do they need before they admit to the world what they, (and WE!)  a;ready know; there`s NOTHING there, ZERO evidence.
Report moisok July 19, 2018 9:18 PM BST
they tried it with corbyn(several times)   farage(all the time) the eu brexit(all the time) the eu elections, ukip, hammering constantly the pro eu line  and so on

important deep interests within the system politic, business and tv media
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 9:19 PM BST
what happened to mr tv AVENATTI? giving speaches outside the whitehouse now what a sad pathetic excuse of a man. even James Woods slaughtered him on twitter the other day.he needs to go back to California with his dumpling friends as the new york boys are way out of his leagueGrin
Report nellie1970 July 19, 2018 9:45 PM BST
the media have had it easy for to long especially the white house pool staring in to Obama's eyes telling him how good he was and what a wonderful week its was for you mr president.now they have the Donald tweeting from 6 in the morning setting a relentless pace for a 72 year old.you hear doing their reports oh what day is it this week has been a whirlwind blah blah blah
its only the press getting rattled as Donald marches on to MAGA.
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 9:49 PM BST
Avenatti, gone home with his tail between his legs after his legal joust with The Don.
He thought the Stormy case would pay off the $10 million debts his company owes, unfortunately Teflon Don was 3 moves ahead of everyone on this.
Mr. Avenatti may have to get his thong on next like Stormy and perform in seedy clubs getting groped to earn a crust.
Long live the Resistance!!
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 10:47 PM BST
Whats Bob up to here ?

Wants to get immunity for 5 unnamed witnesses that will testify against Manafort.
This smells to high heaven.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-17/mueller-asks-manafort-judge-to-give-immunity-to-five-witnesses
Report moisok July 19, 2018 10:50 PM BST
chump is a complete numpty

he needs to get with the agenda or it is a jfk solution for him

and they can blame putin

solved
Q.E.D

I am brilliant
Report crystalhunt July 19, 2018 11:04 PM BST
Vicky - you're struggling - Bob knows what he's doing - have you noticed he's not on twitter like your beloved leader.
Report detraveller July 19, 2018 11:13 PM BST
I have actually lost track of how many things Trump has said in the past 5 days and how many of those he has later denied. I am still waiting for those claiming they have proof of trump being involved with the russians to bring something concrete to the table. What's taking so long? The guy is as vulnerable as a sitting president can be, almost bordering on treasonous and mentally unstable. When will Muller and co finally get trump? DO they even have something concrete?
Report stickyvicky July 19, 2018 11:14 PM BST
@ch
First Lisa Page gives all her evidence to the Juducial Committee Hearing behind closed doors.
Now Bob wants unnamed witnesses to be given immunity from prosecution to give evidence.

Its not like anything is being covered up here or being hidden from the public like.

All above board Guv'nor, nothing to see here !! Crazy
Report dave1357 July 20, 2018 7:07 AM BST
Its not like anything is being covered up here or being hidden from the public like.

Do you seriously think that "the public" have a right to know everything?  Trump's little doggie, Devin Nunes, will probably leak bits of her testimony anyway. 

In any case what has that to do with Manafort's prosecution. It is a standard procedure to give minor players immunity for testimony as otherwise they will just plead the fifth.
Report dave1357 July 20, 2018 7:09 AM BST
all of which you would know if you had actually read the article you linked.
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 9:11 AM BST
liberal media are so stupid and dumb.

msnbc had a segment about a boston antifa twitter account.the tweet said more gender inclusivity at nfl stadiums more gluten free snacks we're loving the new nfl#take a knee.at the bottom  of the tweet it had from Vladivostok Russia.msnbc this is another example of Russian bots helping Donald trump and they bring two so called intelligence analysts on the show who have both books out on Russian spys to talk about this serious matter.
thing is if msnbc had took just a minute to check the account they would have noticed it had been suspended for being a PARODY ACCOUNT.These people are so desperate to bring the president down they make complete fools of them selvesLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report dave1357 July 20, 2018 9:20 AM BST
yeah right hannity wasn't at all screaming about seth rich for months to the great distress of his parents.
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 9:43 AM BST
Seth Rich who was sadly murdered in a robbery but nothing was stolen.unfortunately we will probably never find the truth about the guys murder.Sad
Report cooperman July 20, 2018 9:56 AM BST
Republicans vote down a request to see translators notes of Trump/Putin meeting. Of course they did, they're scared to death that anyone will find out what Donny said. Laugh
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 11:32 AM BST
the light is blinking red with threats of cyber attack and where is the top intelligence,fbi and assistant attorney general in aspen with the intellectual elites.must be a real critical threat.
three more career fbi cyber security officers are to retire at a time when the light is flashing red.maybe the net is closing in on rogue agentsHappy
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 11:41 AM BST
no coverage of san francisco giving illegal aliens the right to vote in school board elections this should be a real outrage.this after dems chanting usa in congress yesterdaySilly
Report northanlite July 20, 2018 2:10 PM BST
local school board elections??? wtf has that got to do with anything.
anyway i will bet that story has more to it than "illegal immigrants" voting.
not every non us citizen is there illegally.
Report edy July 20, 2018 2:49 PM BST
It was voted for in a referendum a few years ago to give non-citizens rights for school board elections if they have school aged children in the city. Will of the people and everything.

It's not an unpresidented move anyway.
Report edy July 20, 2018 3:01 PM BST
and "no coverage" is not just a bit of a stretch too
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 5:35 PM BST
illegal aliens allowed to vote in school elections,homelessness out of control and human faeces on the streets welcome to liberal run San Francisco.Grin
Report timbuctooth July 20, 2018 5:41 PM BST
Aaah, that unavoidable, perennial and fatal flaw in the evil that is leftieism; running out of other people`s money
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 5:44 PM BST
breaking news tape of trump talking to Cohen about a payment to Karen Mcdougal.Rudy says trump done nothing wrong
Report SontaranStratagem July 20, 2018 5:46 PM BST
But isn't Trump suppose to be sorting all homelessness? you can't have it both ways, he's either getting rid of homelessness and upping the employment or he's not, you can't blame democrats for one bad area and then praise Trump for another area doing well

And the MSM going round and round and round as per Cry

We know his lawyer made payments, they reported it months ago, here we are again with the same rubbish CryCry
Report timbuctooth July 20, 2018 5:50 PM BST
`Homelessness` is not at the top of The Don`s list of priorities, nor anywhere near the top. Never has been, either, so why attempt such easily dismissed FAKE news?
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 5:54 PM BST
so why is New York times reporting this tape as breaking news now?
Report timbuctooth July 20, 2018 5:55 PM BST
I think the `breaking news` bit is the existence of a recording
Report edy July 20, 2018 5:58 PM BST

Jul 20, 2018 -- 5:41PM, timbuctooth wrote:

Aaah, that unavoidable, perennial and fatal flaw in the evil that is leftieism; running out of other people`s money

better to have working schools instead of 4 day school weeks because your state incomes taxes are so low that you can't pay teachers for a full week, innit?

Report edy July 20, 2018 5:58 PM BST
along with the rest of the infrastructure rotting away
Report northanlite July 20, 2018 5:59 PM BST
if cohen recorded that then what else did he record???
Report nellie1970 July 20, 2018 5:59 PM BST
sorry should have said existence of the tape new york times had just reported
Report dave1357 July 20, 2018 6:00 PM BST
We'll never know - this leak was a "pardon time, donny" message to Trump
Report edy July 20, 2018 6:02 PM BST
Trump is said to secretly record everything too in case he needs something against you, isn't he? Not surprised that others would do the same with him in return.
Report timbuctooth July 20, 2018 6:12 PM BST
Oh dear, edy, you don`t understand elementary economics! Put simply, lower taxes lead to countries like The USA, leftie taxes lead to Venezuela! CHORTLE!!!

`Middle America` has no issue with homelessness, it`s primarily a problem of the coastal strips. Those same coastal strips that have been run and taxed by lefties for generations? Those same lefties who prefer to fund outrageous `right-on` causes, rather than house their homeless? YES!!!
Report mouse muldoon July 20, 2018 6:42 PM BST
God provides those in the middle with a rudimentary shack at the very least.
Report edy July 20, 2018 7:01 PM BST
So Middle America is in better shape than the coastal states that have mostly been run by democrats?
Report edy July 20, 2018 7:05 PM BST
'cuz I was under the impression that California was doing ok-ish economically.
Report timbuctooth July 20, 2018 7:49 PM BST
California doing ok? Let`s look at some facts and truth, shall we?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01/california-has-worst-quality-life-in-us-study-says.html

So, worst quality of life is `ok`?

uscommonsense.org/research/unsustainable-california-the-top-10-issues-facing-the-golden-state-introduction/

In this 10-part report, we present and assess California’s 10 greatest challenges. We selected these challenges due to their unsustainability and the risk they pose to future Golden State generations.
Introduction

Today’s California is undergoing changes and facing uncertainty. Like many states nationwide, California is emerging from the recent economic recession short on revenue and high on debt. The state economy shows signs of recovery. California’s recently released budget suggests that the state now has a modest operating surplus, and the state’s political leaders have already begun painting a rosy picture of California’s economic outlook. However, the full story is in the details.

A closer look reveals that California has many lingering challenges that the state’s political leaders have yet to address and resolve. Studying these issues reveals a common underlying theme: unsustainability. California as we know it is simply unsustainable. To correct California’s unsustainable course, the state requires informed citizens and leaders willing to tackle the state’s budget realities. We must end the cycle of neglect, ignorance, and postponement. Unless we end the cycle we leave these costly problems for future Californians to inherit

Over the next several years, volatile revenues, disproportionate spending growth, mounting debts, and inadequate infrastructures present significant hurdles for the state and its citizens. All the while, California’s population will grow and age considerably, placing even greater strains on state resources. Even worse, California’s citizens are not armed with sufficient information due to California’s notoriously low levels of transparency, public disclosure, and civic engagement.

In the following sections, California Common Sense presents and assesses California’s 10 greatest challenges. The 10 critical issues are as follows:

Water Supply: Outdated Infrastructure and Unreliable Water Supply
    Revenue Uncertainty: Unpredictable Tax Structures and Budgets
    Wall of Debt: Accounting Gimmicks and Understated Debt
    Public Retirement Benefits: Missed Payments, Mounting Debts, and Poor Management
    Healthcare: Rising Costs and Diminishing Access to Care
    K-12 Education: Low, Unstable Funding and Poor Student Performance
    High-Speed Rail: Unrealistic Estimates and Poor Implementation
    Crime and Corrections: Massive Overcrowding, Rising Costs, and Measuring Realignment’s Impact
    Economy: Lagging Recovery and Uneven Economic Growth
    Civic Engagement: Lack of Transparency, Eroding Public Trust, and Low Voter Turnout
    Conclusion

We selected these challenges due to their unsustainability and the risk they pose to future Golden State generations. While no report can cover all of California’s challenges, this report provides a core understanding of ten critical issues and the importance they bear on the state’s long-term future.

www.ocregister.com/2018/01/22/higher-taxes-arent-the-solution-to-californias-problems/

Higher taxes aren’t the solution to California’s problems

Californians are some of the most taxed people in the country, yet it never seems to be enough for those who want more of other people’s money.

California has among the highest per capita tax burden and some of the highest income, sales and gas tax rates in the country. It’s no surprise the Tax Foundation ranked California’s business tax climate 48th in the country last year.

This extensive system of taxation puts California on track for a state government general fund budget of nearly $132 billion in the coming fiscal year, which begins July 1. That’s up from an enacted general fund budget of $102 billion in 2007-08.

Rather than taxing and spending ourselves into prosperity, however, California continues to lead the nation in poverty, finds itself in the grips of a housing crisis, produces some of the most abysmal educational outcomes in the nation and even after pension reforms in 2012 will remain buried in pension obligations for decades to come.

It is a state of affairs which should prompt some reflection on whether continuing to throw more money at government institutions without ensuring those institutions are as efficient and effective as possible makes any sense.

Alas, there are plenty of well-funded special interest groups and public sector unions at the state and local level which would not be well-served by a suddenly critical populace and honest political establishment and which thrive on the continued system of looting from taxpayers.

Now, those special interest groups and public sector unions are looking to get more, billions more, from property owners this year.

Last month, a proposed ballot measure called the California Schools and Local Communities Funding Act of 2018 was submitted to the attorney general. The measure seeks to implement a long-talked about “split roll” system to siphon more property taxes from commercial and industrial properties.

The list of supporters should surprise no one. Among those endorsing the “Make It Fair” proposal includes the SEIU, California Teachers Association, the single-payer obsessed California Nurses Association and the United Teachers Los Angeles.

Proponents estimate the change to Proposition 13 will generate over $11 billion in annual revenues necessary so California “can restore funding to its underfunded schools, invest in local communities, level the playing field for business, and stimulate the economy.”

It isn’t hard to think of several better and more direct ways of restoring funding to schools, investing in communities, leveling the playing field for businesses and stimulating the economy. In reverse order: repealing job-killing regulations will probably do more to stimulate the economy than extracting billions more from property owners.

Rather than permit crony capitalist exercises like offering subsidies to giant corporations like Amazon, or doling out tax credits which don’t produce measurable results, simplifying the state tax code and lowering tax rates overall would probably do a better job of leveling the playing field for businesses.

If restoring funding to schools and investing communities is truly the goal, it’s an admirable one. Unfortunately, given those supporting the proposal, such rhetoric is generally code for “paying for pensions.”

The state, counties, cities and school districts have all felt the impact of rising pension costs and the problem of pension crowd-out, whereby pension costs engulf increasing portions of budgets and crowd-out funding for tangible services.

According to a study released last year by Stanford University Professor Joe Nation, the state’s contribution to CalPERS and CalSTRS took up 2.1 percent of the state’s operating expenditures in 2002-03. This year, they take up 7.1 percent of operating expenditures and by 2029-30, it will be 10.1 percent or more.

The same thing is felt at the level of school districts, including LAUSD, where UTLA has gotten its way on pension and health benefits to the point where by 2031-32 the district will spend more than half of its budget on pensions and health benefits.

If one is serious about investing in communities and schools, more pension and benefit reforms should be demanded.

While the unions will continue to cloak themselves in progressive rhetoric and seek to trick voters into thinking the path to prosperity and justice is to give the government more money, Californians should cast a more critical eye towards such proposals and resist further looting of taxpayers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now