Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Facts
18 Aug 17 06:23
| Topic/replies: 11,847 | Blogger: Facts's blog
The guy is obviously deranged and his latest tweets about General Pershing, confirms he is blatantly unfit for office.
Share |
Show More
Report moisok January 14, 2018 7:22 PM GMT
so he is obviously not a Labour person then
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 14, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
So their were 6 people in the room when DT supposedly said his offensive remark. Who is the leak and does he have history of exaggerating ?
Report crystalhunt January 14, 2018 11:02 PM GMT
IS

I saw earlier that you said you don't like Trump - any reasons for that.
Report crystalhunt January 14, 2018 11:31 PM GMT
So as far as your concerned he can say what he likes - or is there a line he shouldn't cross. By the way my hobbies are photography and golf never really fancied winding people up.Grin
Report akabula January 14, 2018 11:36 PM GMT
If he did say this then it was a throwaway line in a private conversation.
The people getting/acting offended are haters and looking for any excuse.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 14, 2018 11:42 PM GMT
Im not sure where that line is, are politicians always supposed to give media answers, gets rather boring after a while.

I should take up golf.
Report trilby22 January 14, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
You'll probably like this, Ibra Wink

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-12-reality-offends-leftists-if-you-didnt-know-some-countries-are-****s-youve-never-really-seen-the-world.html
I'll presume there'll be some asterisks in the link but it should be clear which letters they represent.

I like AlphaLady777's Snowflake Song.  We should expand upon it Excited
Report moisok January 15, 2018 10:45 AM GMT
I could list you a few I have been to or even worked and lived in. However there are some very pleasant foreign places to live and work.
Unfortunately some bad ones high up the list are within the bounds of africa. The middle east contains a few stunners too.
Back in the old days Cape Town was very pleasant but even there you could not go into some districts.(nor would you want to)
Report dave1357 January 15, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
for the umpteenth time Trumpkins the issue is not whether some countries are less salubrious than others, it is that Trump said that he wanted immigrants from mainly white Norway and not mainly non-white Africa which he described as either a "****" (or as the two loony gop senators claim "shithouse" as if that makes any difference).
Report mokegibboni January 15, 2018 11:38 AM GMT
I think when the time comes (or maybe sooner), to save face, Trump will jump ship before he gets pushed. I predict that he'll announce that he won't be running for a second term some time before a decision is required.
Report cooperman January 15, 2018 12:23 PM GMT
Mueller close to bringing him in for questioning under oath. He can plead the 5th but I can't see his ego allowing him to take that route which means that he'll have to do something of which he has little experience. Tell the truth. Either way if Mueller brings him in it's 1.01 he has all the evidence he needs.
Report akabula January 15, 2018 9:51 PM GMT
dave telling lies yet again. At no time did Trump mention colour.
Report STUDYFORM January 15, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
I don't think so, mokegibboni, he doesn't ever think or realise he ever says or does anything untoward or wrong.
So convinced is he of his own fantasticness that he'll never jump.
imo of course.
Report dave1357 January 15, 2018 10:05 PM GMT
Where are the quotation marks in my post?  He meant that he wanted white wealthy immigrants.  Even the leading Republicans know this and have criticised him.
Report saddo January 15, 2018 10:15 PM GMT
You do like a bit of embroidery though dave  Laugh
Report akabula January 15, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
dave1357
Trump said that he wanted immigrants from mainly white Norway and not mainly non-white Africa

He didn't say that though did he. In my book, quotation marks or not, that is a lie.
Report akabula January 15, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
You do like a bit of embroidery though dave
LaughLaughLaugh
Report saddo January 15, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
Why would anyone who knows they are correct do this?
Report donny osmond January 15, 2018 10:36 PM GMT
what did trump say, exactly, .....we dont yet know?

There's a generous safety net of health care and pensions. And although it's pricey, the country last year was named the happiest on Earth.

President Donald Trump says the United States should take in more Norwegians, but is it any wonder that more Americans are going the other way?

The country of 5.2 million people that seldom makes global headlines awoke Friday to the news that Trump wanted to have more immigrants from Norway, rather than Haiti and countries in Africa that he disparaged with a vulgar term.

The comments came after Trump met Wednesday with Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg in Washington. His remarks were seen in Oslo as racially charged and sharply at odds with Norwegian values of inclusivity.

......associated press
Report stickyvicky January 15, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
Merit Based immigration is his message, how someone can garner this to mean 'He meant that he wanted white wealthy immigrants.' is mind boggling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-we-should-have-merit-based-immigration/2018/01/09/bde8771e-f56c-11e7-9af7-a50bc3300042_video.html?utm_term=.cd3c9f793554

He also tweeted 'merit based immigration'
Report moisok January 15, 2018 10:48 PM GMT
I have it from a very good source that trumpton not only started the vietnam war but personally invaded the bay of pigs (apologies to islamists)
Report donny osmond January 15, 2018 11:05 PM GMT
it matters not if a doctor arrives from haiti or norway, selecting on basis of skin colour is racist
Report stickyvicky January 15, 2018 11:24 PM GMT
I think he was referring to the Diversity Lottery and Chain Visas which he wants to end and bring in a merit based system instead.
Finding racism in that is very touchy indeed.

[i]The lottery is administered by the Department of State and conducted under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It makes available 50,000 immigrant visas annually and aims to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting applicants from countries with low numbers of immigrants in the previous five years. Wiki

Norway is one of these countries with low numbers of immigrants and was used as an example.
Report dave1357 January 15, 2018 11:45 PM GMT
Anyway President Pottymouth is playing golf again today at the taxpayers expense.  He gave up his salary but cost of the presidential entourage staying a few days in his properties more than cover that.  He will be the most expensive president in history.
Report donny osmond January 15, 2018 11:48 PM GMT
he could quite easily clarify that scheme, and stop the bias to some countries that possibly dont deserve
the bias to continue.

all the same usa has been seeking cheap labour, and norway is more attractive to americans than america
is to norwegians, i doubt trump improves that.
Report stickyvicky January 15, 2018 11:49 PM GMT
Shirley, he can get free rounds on his own Golf courses.
Report akabula January 15, 2018 11:49 PM GMT
Laugh You not running out of straws dave?
Report saddo January 15, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
A few rounds wouldn't cost as much as a gulf war or two would it?
Report dave1357 January 15, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
Leading Republican called out Trump's on racist meeting remark

When Trump made the incendiary remark, Graham spoke up, telling the president that "America is an idea, not a race."

"I tried to make it very clear to the president that when you say 'I’m an American,' what does that mean?" Graham said. "It doesn’t mean that they’re black or white, rich or poor. It means that you buy into an ideal of self-representation, compassion, tolerance, the ability to practice one’s religion without interference and the acceptance of those who are different.

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/graham-my-memory-hasn-t-evolved-on-meeting-where-others/article_8c2fe722-fa06-11e7-8443-97610df90839.html
Report Hank Hill January 15, 2018 11:57 PM GMT
95th day on the golf course for chump, after criticizing Obama for playing golf as president.
Report akabula January 16, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
Good way to keep fit for someone in their 70s.
Report stickyvicky January 16, 2018 12:05 AM GMT
Leading Republican, Is that Leslie Graham ? part of the tweedle dumb and tweedle Dee  RINO's ( out to get Trump from the start )the other being John McCain of fake Russian Dossier disclosure fame. Surprise surprise.

HH, he lives on his golf course Mar a Lago most of the time anyway, does that count as playing golf.?
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:12 AM GMT
The American idea was a European idea , that's why it was so successful
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:13 AM GMT
Now if graham is to stupid to realise that he shouldn't be making decisions
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:16 AM GMT
What does that mean ? It means it was successful and free because of cultural imperialism , and democracy
But not one without the other
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:17 AM GMT
What does that mean ? It means it was successful and free because of cultural imperialism , and democracy
But not one without the other
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:18 AM GMT
Set aside those values and there will be anarchy and repression and no freedom , as with large parts of the world even now
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:20 AM GMT
So they didn't listen to any other values , except these European values , British values
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:21 AM GMT
Why ? because that's were the good ideas came from , not anywhere else
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:22 AM GMT
So he can pipe down about any other good values coming from anywhere else in the world , except Britain
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:23 AM GMT
I notice the prats name is graham
Report Hank Hill January 16, 2018 12:23 AM GMT
sv-  he's a hypocrite. Also, why are you always going on about RINO's? his own son in law was a big dem donor.
Report akabula January 16, 2018 12:28 AM GMT
he's a hypocrite

Would be a good fit for the Labour party in this country then Hank.
But we kinda overlook their behaviour or at least some of us do.
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:32 AM GMT
Norway is doing well , because of oil and overseas investments
Very good , but dangerous because that is not self sustaining and will eventually , perhaps quite quickly crash
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:34 AM GMT
A country cannot build its economy on overseas investments
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:35 AM GMT
That is what Norway does , too bad
eventually times up
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2018 12:36 AM GMT
It is fundamentally unsound
Report stickyvicky January 16, 2018 12:37 AM GMT
HH, Trump lives on a golf course, Obama had to book his rounds of golf and make his way to the Golf courses to play his golf. Slight difference.
Kushner the Dem donor ? thats the first I've heard of that.
Report edy January 16, 2018 4:34 AM GMT
I thought he lived in the White House.
Report dave1357 January 16, 2018 4:13 PM GMT
Trump's lies and his enabler's lies.

Three White House officials said Perdue and Cotton told the White House that they heard “shithouse” rather than “****,” allowing them to deny the president’s comments on television over the weekend. The two men initially said publicly that they could not recall what the president said.

The incident is telling in many respects, but none more important for Republicans than this: They can lie and enable the president hoping to score brownie points, but this White House won’t repay loyalty in kind. Instead, Republicans will find themselves humiliated.

So to recap: The president described a preference for Norwegian (i.e. white) immigrants over those from “****” countries (African nations)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/16/sens-cotton-and-perdue-are-outed-for-lying-on-trumps-behalf/
Report crystalhunt January 16, 2018 9:31 PM GMT
Desperate stuff.
Report akabula January 16, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
He should have spoken about lynching someone.
That is okay amongst the lefties and nowt would've been said.
Report timbuctooth January 17, 2018 1:40 AM GMT
Lynching? As in the KKK?

https://www.prageru.com/videos/inconvenient-truth-about-democratic-party

Chortle, chortle, chortle!
Report xmoneyx January 17, 2018 3:24 AM GMT
trump weight is .01 away from being tech obese

everyone posting pics of athletes, same height, weight, trump

he looks about 40 lbs heavier
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
Would Trump haters rather go to Norway or Haiti on holiday?

UK government website for Haiti:

'The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the Carrefour, Cite Soleil, Martissant and Bel Air neighbourhoods in Port-au-Prince due to the high risk of criminal activity.
Blockades, often violent, occur frequently and with little warning in Haiti. Route Nationale 1, which heads north from Port au Prince, has recently been subject to daily, and sometimes violent, demonstrations – most recently at Archaie.
There are no central emergency services in Haiti. You should research local police and medical facilities, and keep contact details with you. Medical facilities are very limited and offer a poor standard of care. Serious conditions may require medical evacuation, which can be very expensive.'

UK government website for Norway:

'Around 581,000 British nationals visit Norway every year. Most visits are trouble-free.
Petty crime does occur but at a low level compared to other European countries.'
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 10:42 AM GMT
For the umpteenth time the issue is not whether some country is more salubrious than another country. It is that Trump said that he would prefer immigrants from mainly white Norway rather than mainly black Africa,
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 10:43 AM GMT
If we look at the unemployment rates in America the totals are

Total registered is 2.7%
in non-immigrant population it is 1.9%

If you look at the breakdown by areas:

Immigrants, total    6.4%

The Nordic countries    2.6%
North-America and Oceania 3.4%
Western Europe else    3.5%
Eastern Europe else    5.9%
South- and Central-Amerika 6.5%
EU countries in Eastern Europe    6.7%
Asia    7.3%   
Africa    11.0%   

Is it racist for Trump to look at 2.6% and 11% and say why is this the case?

Linking the fact that people from the Nordic countries are likely better educated and thus more likely to get employment?

Is having a merit based immigration system racist?
Report saddo January 17, 2018 11:56 AM GMT
dave1357    17 Jan 18 10:42 
For the umpteenth time the issue is not whether some country is more salubrious than another country. It is that Trump said that he would prefer immigrants from mainly white Norway rather than mainly black Africa,

He didn't really did he dave. He thinks they should import good people from good countries, not the opposite, a large majority of people would agree with that I should think.
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 12:11 PM GMT
unlikely graduates from norway will carry out many of the jobs advertised for migrants
without employment already arranged

its always likely that employment figures and unemployment are skewed against
those arriving without jobs and seeking work.
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 12:14 PM GMT
numerous bipartisan sources have agreed what he said.  The leading Republican at the meeting:

"I tried to make it very clear to the president that when you say 'I’m an American,' what does that mean?" Graham said. "It doesn’t mean that they’re black or white, rich or poor. It means that you buy into an ideal of self-representation, compassion, tolerance, the ability to practice one’s religion without interference and the acceptance of those who are different.

@ Insider Trader if you are posting statistics please post your source and date.  btw It should be fairly obvious that an immigrant from a wealthy first world country isn't going to move unless he has a career plan.  It is surprising any of them are unemployed.  A refugee doesn't have that luxury.
Report saddo January 17, 2018 12:26 PM GMT
Too many people calling themselves refugees these days dave, when they are not. It's made decision making much more difficult and has harmed the chances of entry for the the genuine.
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 12:27 PM GMT
these are folk invited to migrate to usa, as well as refugees
Report saddo January 17, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
He wants to stop inviting wrong uns, that's his point.
Report stickyvicky January 17, 2018 1:20 PM GMT
UN finally admits that 70% of asylum seekers coming to the EU are not refugees.
So one can assume a similiar figure applies to the USA too.

https://refugee-crisis.eu/un-admits-70-asylum-seekers-not-refugees/
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 1:24 PM GMT
That is probably the most deluded statement in this thread
Report stickyvicky January 17, 2018 1:33 PM GMT
You seem to absorb a lot of fake news without questioning it. Then  recycle it as the gospel truth when It is plainly obvious to most onlookers what is really happening.
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 1:52 PM GMT
Ah the "fake news" line comes out.

Look at a map for a minute and think how idiotic your post was.
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 2:06 PM GMT
Dave,

Do you accept that immigrants from the countries Trump were talking about are more likely (on average) to be less educated, need more welfare, earn less and be unemployed than immigrants from western Europe?
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Insider Trader please post the source for your stats

A refugee is likely to need assistance to fulfil their potential, a Norwegian economic migrant isn't.  That isn't a point that requires any discussion.
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 2:24 PM GMT
My stats were not correct for the usa. They were relating to Norway so apologies for that.

There is some basic information here on USA:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/forbrn.nr0.htm

I will look for more if you require them and cannot search for yourself. Let me know.

Are talking about refugees rather than immigration in general?

You are unlikely to get refugees from Norway!
Report cooperman January 17, 2018 3:00 PM GMT
Interesting to hear what Mueller has to say to Steve Bannon now that the Donald has stated that he's lost his mind. Grin
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 3:02 PM GMT
from Norway? oh ok

Anyway the recent discussion is SV claiming that there is a comparison between "refugees" relatively easily crossing into Europe and refugees getting into the US, which is obviously ludicrous.
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 3:35 PM GMT
Dave,

The stats are there for all to see.

Are you talking about immigrants or refugees?
Report saddo January 17, 2018 3:48 PM GMT
dave, I believe Mexico is becoming a major route into the US for Africans these days. It's safer than that NGO taxi service from Libya to Italy.
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 3:52 PM GMT
What are you on about?

I'm not talking about anything other than Trump's racism.  The racism that he displayed in the meeting and has been condemned for across the spectrum. 

SV is saying that because a lot of EU normally poorly vetted "refugees" from neighbouring countries aren't refugees then a lot of highly vetted US refugees from faraway countries must be as well.  Which is obviously utter nonsense.
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
I have no idea whether that is the case Saddo, but the chances of such people successfully claiming refugee status in the US would be quite low I imagine, but happy to be proved wrong.
Report saddo January 17, 2018 3:58 PM GMT
I think they'd be happy to just break in and disappear tbf dave, like a lot of Merkels lot have done. Applying puts you in the system and is a risk.
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 4:10 PM GMT
Why is it racist to say you would rather have more qualified people immigrating.

As I said there is a big difference between having a merit based immigration system and helping genuine refugees.
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 4:21 PM GMT
so every norwegian is more desirable as an immigrant than any hatian?

or do you wish to qualify your racism?
Report saddo January 17, 2018 4:27 PM GMT
One can only generalise in these matters donny, you tease. But the answer to your question is very probably.
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 4:29 PM GMT
Clearly not.

But if the country is short on doctors then qualified doctors are more desirable than non-doctors.

Skin colour is nothing to do with it.
Report Injera January 17, 2018 4:34 PM GMT
donny that's a bit daft.

Generally look at the world and see where people like to travel and emigrate to. It's only sensible for a President/PM to be biased in favour of migration from certain places and as IT says people with certain talents.

I remain deeply uncomfortable with taking nurses and doctors from India, Africa and other poorer nations where their needs exceed ours.
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 4:35 PM GMT
if you need to import a doctor then you need a doctor.....

if you are taking immigrants to do assorted less well paying jobs then you wont get all doctors ....
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 4:36 PM GMT
its not daft injera, thats how racism works, generalisations like yours

i asked if you wished to qualify it ...
Report lfc1971 January 17, 2018 4:40 PM GMT
It's a mistake to allow any immigration into America . There is simply no need or reason for immigration in any county in the modern world
Report lfc1971 January 17, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
Of course people will try and get into America , but don't encourage it
Tell them to stay where they are
Report lfc1971 January 17, 2018 4:43 PM GMT
Every country in the world would benefit by reducing its population
Report lfc1971 January 17, 2018 4:47 PM GMT
By the way Britain and America have no need to import doctors , train our own ..and also stop bringing in millions of new people
Report InsiderTrader January 17, 2018 4:50 PM GMT
We live in a weird situation where we cannot generalise that people in Norway on average have better qualifications than those from Haiti but we must generalise that all people from Norway are white.
Report Injera January 17, 2018 4:50 PM GMT
And I asked if Trump haters are racist if they prefer to visit and emigrate to predominantly white, Western nations. I would say not, they're just showing common sense.

The globalist view is of one cosmopolitan (pigs' breakfast) harmony between all races. No borders. Nice idea but it doesn't work and leads to disaster.
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 4:59 PM GMT
i wasnt commenting on your comments about trump haters

just your racist comments
Report saddo January 17, 2018 5:22 PM GMT
That barb was blunted long ago donny, new insults needed.
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 5:25 PM GMT
barb, ?

it was in his post,

you piled in soon enough though,
Report Injera January 17, 2018 5:35 PM GMT
donny, if you were so inclined, where would you emigrate to and why?
Report donny osmond January 17, 2018 5:40 PM GMT
its long been my plan to move to france, west coast, and then spain, north coast

i have friends there and its cheap, and so much i wish to see there.

hope they still take me post brexit !
Report Injera January 17, 2018 5:58 PM GMT
https://youtu.be/LJdumFFPLqA

PJW sums it up better than me.
Report stickyvicky January 17, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
@1.52pm Look at a map for a minute and think how idiotic your post was.

You have heard the aeroplane was invented over 100 years ago ?
America has taken in nearly 700,000 refugees from Africa and Middle East since 2002

[i]From fiscal years 2002 to 2016, the U.S. admitted 399,677 Christian refugees and 279,339 Muslim refugees.

Trump has relented to taking 'Obamas 1250 refugees' from 'war torn' Australia. I don't expect they will have to walk or swim to the US.
Report stickyvicky January 17, 2018 6:17 PM GMT
I believe Mexico is becoming a major route into the US for Africans these days.

You can throw in the Chinese there too,

https://nypost.com/2017/08/29/how-chinese-nationals-sneak-into-the-us-through-mexico/
Report dave1357 January 17, 2018 6:44 PM GMT
Yeah that's right SV, they just jump on a plane and land at JFK and shout "refugee" and they're in.
Report stickyvicky January 17, 2018 6:50 PM GMT
No they shout 'refugee' at the departure lounge airport.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now