Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 4 people viewing this thread.
Facts
18 Aug 17 06:23
| Topic/replies: 5,123 | Blogger: Facts's blog
The guy is obviously deranged and his latest tweets about General Pershing, confirms he is blatantly unfit for office.
Share |
Show More
Report stickyvicky June 15, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Manafort charges are related to witness tampering and 10 years old personal business dealings.
How Meullers Russian Collusion Investigation/Witch hunt parameters were extended to dodgy 10 year old business dealings by a bit player associate of Trump is anyones guess.
Report northanlite June 15, 2018 7:34 PM BST
so you think the investigation is into "Russian collusion?" what makes you think that?
Report stickyvicky June 15, 2018 8:00 PM BST
^ Some light reading from Wiki...

Special Counsel investigation (2017–present) - Origin and powers

A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership favored presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process."[19]:7 It is alleged that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election in order to increase political instability in the United States and to damage Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign by bolstering the candidacies of Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein.[20][21]

The Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein, appointed Mueller, a former Director of the FBI, to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) in May 2017. The reference for the investigation is to examine Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections, including exploring any links or coordination between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and the Russian government, "and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation",[22] and any other matters within the scope of 28 CFR 600.4 – Jurisdiction.[23]
Report dave1357 June 15, 2018 8:10 PM BST
Thought you might have looked up Manafort on wiki while you were there

On October 30, 2017, Manafort surrendered to the FBI after a federal grand jury indicted him and his business associate Rick Gates. The charges arose from his consulting work for the pro-Russian government of Viktor Yanukovych in Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Manafort
Report Torquemada June 15, 2018 8:22 PM BST
Is that the new lefty narrative? "The Mueller investigation is not about Russian collusion." LaughLaughLaugh

Clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right.
Report northanlite June 15, 2018 8:32 PM BST
so the investigation is into Russian (or other foreign) interference in the election & any links or
coordination with the Trump campaign and (crucially) "any matters that may arose or may arise"
The word "collusion" doesn't appear but Trump uses it a lot so as usual you just parrot what he says.
It is hilarious that even during a far reaching investigation Trump tries to make it all about him.
Report Torquemada June 15, 2018 8:35 PM BST
I think you'll find it's the lefties who have been trying to make it about him. Laugh
Report northanlite June 15, 2018 8:39 PM BST
yeah but that makes sense at least. him doing it is just a result of his rampant narcissism
Report Torquemada June 15, 2018 8:41 PM BST
That's one way of looking at it, which may be correct, but you could also argue he is just defending himself against constant attacks.
Report cooperman June 15, 2018 9:05 PM BST
Manafort where he belongs, in jail. Hope you took my advice and had your toothbrush handy. Mr. Cohen, you're next. Feeling a bit flippy?
Report cooperman June 15, 2018 9:09 PM BST
Laugh Cohen indicates a willingness to co-operate with the feds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRpI2qyQhG0
Report stickyvicky June 15, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Jeez, I give up Cry

I have just spent the last 2 hours pointing out that Manafort is
1) a bit player in Trump campaign team
2) Charged with 10 year old personal business misdemeanors
3) Charged ith Witness tampering in his own affairs
4) did lobbying work in the WH years ago for a pro russian government supporter, so what ?

All zero evidence to touch Trump with. Repeat....All zero evidence to touch Trump with.
Report northanlite June 15, 2018 9:24 PM BST
if there is nothing to it then why keep repeating it?
seems like you are trying to convince yourself imo.
top marks for effort tho
Report stickyvicky June 15, 2018 9:35 PM BST
It like teaching a kindergarden school class in here at times
Report dave1357 June 15, 2018 9:47 PM BST
Manafort reached out to Deripaska almost immediately upon securing a post with the Trump campaign

An ever-growing pile of circumstantial evidence suggests that the Trump campaign colluded with Russian efforts to turn the 2016 presidential election in its favor. Given Manafort’s long relationship with close Kremlin allies including Yanukovych and Deripaska, and in particular his indebtedness to the latter, it is hard to imagine him as either a naive or passive actor in such a scheme—although Deripaska denies knowledge of any plan by Manafort to get back into his good graces. Manafort was in the room with Donald Trump Jr. when a Russian lawyer and lobbyist descended on Trump Tower in the summer of 2016, promising incriminating material on Hillary Clinton. That same summer, the Trump campaign, with Manafort as its manager, successfully changed the GOP’s platform, watering down support for Ukraine’s pro-Western, post-Yanukovych government, a change welcomed by Russia and previously anathema to Republicans.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/
2018/03/paul-manafort-american-hustler/550925/
Report cooperman June 15, 2018 10:11 PM BST
Sticky still struggling with his one piece jigsaw. Laugh
Report stickyvicky June 15, 2018 10:18 PM BST
'circumstantial evidence'  ooooh scary

'Manafort as its manager, successfully changed the GOP’s platform, watering down support for Ukraine’s pro-Western, post-Yanukovych government, a change welcomed by Russia and previously anathema to Republicans.'

Ukraine now a facsist n@zi run country after George Soros sponsored orange revolution/coup there in 2014.
Wonder why Trump and the Republicians would change their outlook here ?
The same globalist Soros that is trying to bring down Trump sponsoring the 'Resistance Movement' in the US,

Not struggling Coop, it just takes time to translate this into pre-school level language. Laugh
Report dave1357 June 15, 2018 10:50 PM BST
Ukraine now a facsist n@zi run country after George Soros sponsored orange revolution/coup there in 2014.

straight from the Russian troll farm
Report stickyvicky June 15, 2018 11:06 PM BST
'straight from the Russian troll farm' Laugh

Will I be expecting a knock on my door soon from the Mueller Investigation/witch hunt team next then ?
L Laugh L
Report timbuctooth June 16, 2018 3:16 AM BST
timbuctooth    06 Jun 18 20:28 
The economy? Unbiassed? Well obama tried to claim that growth figures in the 1.x% range was `the new normal`, all that Americans could now expect; along comes The Don, hitting 3.7% growth, with this quarter expected to be somewhere around 4.7%

dave1357    07 Jun 18 07:04 
yeah just ignore the financial crisis - 6 quarters of recession, left by Bush. Anyway. if it makes you happy, keep on posting lies like this

timbuctooth    07 Jun 18 22:10 
One huge difference between good right thinking people and lefties is an open mind, preparedness to accept we might have been wrong; I heard those figures quoted on the Tuesday night news but if the pundit was wrong, then so am I. Apologies all round, no intention of misleading anyone; after all, The Don`s SMASHING records so easily there`s no need for us to mislead, the reality is so fantastically good anyway! And, of course, we all know it`s only a matter of a short time before those figures are met. And surpassed! Suck it and weep, obama!!!

Once again, I`d like to apologise for getting those figures wrong, could have sworn I`d heard them quoted. Just heard it again, and it seems my error was in UNDERSTATING the FANTASTIC news, as the forecasts are for 4.8% Yes, that`s right, lefties FOUR POINT EIGHT PER CENT!!! Remember, obama tried to claim his 1.x GDP was `the new normal`!!! CHORTLE!!!!!

www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow.aspx

`... Latest forecast: 4.8 percent — June 14, 2018

The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2018 is 4.8 percent on June 14, up from 4.6 percent on June 8. After this morning's retail sales release from the U.S. Census Bureau, the nowcast of second-quarter real personal consumption expenditures growth increased from 3.4 percent to 3.6 percent...`

Even good and right thinkers can still sometimes be taken aback by the speed and depth of The Don`s achievements, WHAT A MAN!!!!!
Report dave1357 June 16, 2018 8:54 AM BST
forecast snorecast
Report cooperman June 16, 2018 9:58 AM BST
Trump says Americans should obey him like North Koreans obey Kim Jong Un.  Crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz_vvyWbVEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrD4KeApkL8
Report stickyvicky June 16, 2018 12:31 PM BST
Here we go again children. Coop, this was covered yesterday

@ 6.48 pm 15.6.18

TRUMP on Kim Jong Un (note the final two sentences): "He's the head of a country, and I mean he's the strong head.
Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."
(via FOX)

Just seen the footage of this and it was a light-hearted remark made in jest, which was obvious to anyone with half a working brain cell.
Report cooperman June 16, 2018 1:35 PM BST
Just locker room banter! Why does he keep lying about babies and children being torn away from their parents at the border being a Democrat law? Laws are passed by the Senate and this could be stopped immediately by Trump. Reminds me of a similar act by the Nazi's against the Jewish people.
Report stickyvicky June 16, 2018 1:52 PM BST
Maybe because it is a problem that was introduced by Obama going back as far as 2014 and before.
A problem that had no long term thinking or planning and is now a mess.
Main Stream Media are trying to blame it on Trump now with fake 4 year old photos and narrative (as link below proves) when New York Times editor had to 'again' apologise for publishing fake, misleading Trump bashing.
Step up to the plate Dems and work with Trump to sort it out.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/29/embarrassment-for-new-york-times-as-top-editor-falls-for-old-photo-amid-weekend-misleading-anti-trump-tweets.html
Report aaronh June 16, 2018 2:22 PM BST
this could be stopped immediately by Trump.

must prefer to virtue signal to his base and talk about what the big mean Dems did rather than take action Happy

the way anti-Trump people act on this reminds me of the strong remainers who are suddenly upset that people are being asked to leave the country after 2016 when there had been plenty of it happening before. hits their credibility a bit because they'd have known had they listened to the right people.
Report aaronh June 16, 2018 2:31 PM BST
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/392081-dem-senators-move-to-halt-potential-us-troop-withdrawal-from-s-korea

A pair of Democratic senators on Wednesday introduced an amendment to the annual defense policy bill that would stop President Trump from withdrawing U.S. forces from South Korea without the Pentagon’s input.

The amendment “would help prevent the President from making a rash decision about troop reductions on the Korean Peninsula that negatively impacts our national security,” Sens. Tammy Duckworth (Ill.) and Chris Murphy (Conn.) said in a joint statement.

I think this is the guy of dumb stuff that leads to the Dems getting criticised from both sides and shows they haven't learned and why they will lose again
Report stickyvicky June 16, 2018 2:31 PM BST
the big mean Dems have been delaying, obstructing, frustrating the Trump administration on every decision that needs to be made from day one of his  inauguration.
Report northanlite June 16, 2018 5:23 PM BST

Jun 16, 2018 -- 12:31PM, stickyvicky wrote:

Here we go again children. Coop, this was covered yesterday@ 6.48 pm 15.6.18TRUMP on Kim Jong Un (note the final two sentences): "He's the head of a country, and I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." (via FOX)Just seen the footage of this and it was a light-hearted remark made in jest, which was obvious to anyone with half a working brain cell.

bull sh1t i've seen the footage too. later on when lambasted he claimed he was joking. you would repeat any
old cr@p he came out with. if he said the moon was made of cheese you would repeat it. have an original thought
some time in your life, before it's too late

Report SontaranStratagem June 16, 2018 5:46 PM BST
Trump wants people to stand for him?

I wouldn't waste energy getting up of my backside tbh
Report dave1357 June 16, 2018 5:55 PM BST
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-06-16/
new-york-s-trump-lawsuit-may-be-a-map-for-mueller

What Fahrenthold detailed was Trump’s utter disregard for the law in taking in tax-deductible contributions to his foundation and proceeding to spend the money on his personal and business needs.

New findings, for instance, show that the Trump Foundation’s largest-ever gift — $264,631 — was used to renovate a fountain outside the windows of Trump’s Plaza Hotel.

Its smallest-ever gift, for $7, was paid to the Boy Scouts in 1989, at a time when it cost $7 to register a new Scout. Trump’s oldest son was 11 at the time. Trump did not respond to a question about whether the money was paid to register him.

Take a moment to savor that last detail. A man claiming to be worth billions of dollars -- and who certainly flaunted the lifestyle -- appears to have illegally diverted $7 from a charitable foundation to pay his son’s Boy Scouts registration fee
Report northanlite June 16, 2018 5:56 PM BST
https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-claims-he-has-largely-solved-north-korea-problem-11405819

make your own mind up. if he is joking he needs to work on his act.
"i gave him credibility" WTF!!!, so the president of the USA is now giving brutal dictators credibility???
there was a time where you could say "you couldn't make it up" but not now Sad
Report stickyvicky June 16, 2018 6:43 PM BST
Northanlite Laugh

I responded yesterday before any of your lambasted biased BS was aired.
Leftie Liberal Trump Derangement is now at a level where 2 of coopermans videos ( the first time I opened them ever ) posted were about the 'He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.' were videos of heavyily biased chat shows against Trump that discussed the comments without showing the footage to their viewers and discussed the comments which were taken totally out of context to the environment they were given.
U must try harder Aunty Trumpinktons
Report northanlite June 16, 2018 6:57 PM BST
^ read that back. you wrote it and i suspect even you won't understand it.
Report stickyvicky June 16, 2018 7:25 PM BST
It was a Don joke, like the other joke he made to photographers in Seoul about 'make us look slimmer guys'.
Anti Trump biased press jumped on that and tried to turn that 'ice breaking comment' in to an insult to Kim jong un and his weight.
lol !
Report northanlite June 16, 2018 7:58 PM BST
he said it was a joke & you repeat it, quelle surprise.
i put up the footage & up to individuals to decide. he's not really someone you could describe as witty.
Report stickyvicky June 16, 2018 8:10 PM BST
Thats two jokes he cracked on the world stage, yet you don't describe him as witty.
He cracked another one to Trudeau about having to drop his US tarriffs during the G7 summit too.
All the contexts of these comments were turned around so as to suit the biased anti Trump main stream medias agenda.
Clutching at straws comes to mind.
Report northanlite June 16, 2018 8:19 PM BST
i think this defence of DJT goes a little deeper than politics.
if you have a wee crush on him it's odd but entirely your business.
Report aaronh June 16, 2018 9:00 PM BST
better to go for the younger model in Geert imo
Report edy June 17, 2018 7:06 AM BST
Don't like Geert's hair.
Report northanlite June 17, 2018 11:23 AM BST
New findings, for instance, show that the Trump Foundation’s largest-ever gift — $264,631 — was used to renovate a fountain outside the windows of Trump’s Plaza Hotel.

Its smallest-ever gift, for $7, was paid to the Boy Scouts in 1989, at a time when it cost $7 to register a new Scout. Trump’s oldest son was 11 at the time. Trump did not respond to a question about whether the money was paid to register him.

"Take a moment to savour that last detail. A man claiming to be worth billions of dollars and who certainly flaunted the lifestyle
appears to have illegally diverted $7 from a charitable foundation to pay his son’s Boy Scouts registration fee." Devil
Report akabula June 17, 2018 11:26 AM BST
Santa Claus isn't real either.
Report aaronh June 17, 2018 5:45 PM BST
Thank you to The Donald for supporting striking action against Bezos
Report stickyvicky June 17, 2018 6:14 PM BST
Anti trump arguements on here getting weaker and weaker and weaker.
Up ur game guys..Laugh
Report northanlite June 17, 2018 6:22 PM BST
every post gets a bit more disturbing. first soros now bezos, line up the bogeymen.
global zionist conspiracy can't be far away.
Report stickyvicky June 17, 2018 6:31 PM BST
Antifa and Black Lives Matter suddenly gone off the radar recently,
Wonder why, is George's funding drying up or what.?
Report northanlite June 17, 2018 6:33 PM BST
as i said, ever more disturbing. thank you for reinforcing my point
Report stickyvicky June 17, 2018 6:35 PM BST
Where are they ?
All in proper paying jobs under Trumps booming economy now probably...LaughLaughLaugh
Report northanlite June 17, 2018 7:17 PM BST
tell me if the economy was tanking would he take responsibility or blame the former regime.
we know the answer, they all do it & all know they have no control until their final year.
the business cycle catches out the best of them & props up the worst.
Report stickyvicky June 17, 2018 8:17 PM BST
Weak
Report northanlite June 17, 2018 8:31 PM BST
true tho. they all do it so not singling trump out.
Report anxious June 18, 2018 9:26 AM BST
Awful stuff young kids separated from their parents at the Mexico border , even melanie Trump has said she = hates to see children separated from their parents and that a country should govern with rules but also our hearts - I wonder will the brietbart mob and the tea- party clowns  take note as well as the Commander -in Chief.
Report donny osmond June 18, 2018 9:36 AM BST
probably get divorce papers via twitter for that anx
Report anxious June 18, 2018 9:40 AM BST
Probably choked on his cheeseburgers and wedges
Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 11:32 AM BST
Why are these people putting their children at risk by attempting to illegally cross into the USA, they know the rules and they know what they are trying to do is reckless and illegal.
Report cooperman June 18, 2018 12:08 PM BST
Seeking Asylum. Like 90% of America's population and their ancestors. When they finally get through to Donny that this human rights disaster is kicking up a media sh!tstorm that will affect voters in the midterms he'll U-turn.
Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 12:19 PM BST
The latest photo from the liberal media is of a woman from Honduras and her 2 year old being stopped at the US southern border.
Honduras is two countries away from the US. Mexico and Guetamalahave to be passed first.
Could she not seek 'asylum' there first ?
Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 12:22 PM BST
* Guatemala have to
Report cooperman June 18, 2018 12:25 PM BST
Attempting to seek safety for their family in 'The Land of the Free', the Statue of Liberty must be spinning on it's axis.  Sad
Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 12:28 PM BST
What are Bangladeshi and Chinese people doing being arrested at the US Mexican border ?
All seeking 'asylum' too. Lol
Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 12:30 PM BST
Yes its the Land of the Free not the ' Land of the Freebies '.
Not under Trump anyway.
Report detraveller June 18, 2018 12:31 PM BST

Jun 18, 2018 -- 12:28PM, stickyvicky wrote:

What are Bangladeshi and Chinese people doing being arrested at the US Mexican border ?All seeking 'asylum' too. Lol

Why do people from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, middle east and Africa seek asylum in the UK?

Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 12:59 PM BST
I was thinking more geographically and the distance these unfortunates had to travel to 'escape' from 'peril' in their own countries. Logically thinking if one is in genuine peril you would go to the nearest safe haven, not set off on a round the world trek.
Report detraveller June 18, 2018 1:06 PM BST
They could all be legally in Mexico so its not a long way to travel, just a long flight. I understand your point about it not being a natural route.
Report stickyvicky June 18, 2018 7:26 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBmujTlVsQQ

Horowitz Testimony.. Live
Report trilby22 June 19, 2018 7:13 AM BST
Absolutely and well said Sir.  If only our leaders had balls like the Don's …

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-the-us-will-not-turn-into-a-“migrant-camp”/ar-AAyPVTy?ocid=spartanntp
Report dave1357 June 19, 2018 8:21 AM BST
You do know that Trump is the son of an immigrant and married to an immigrant?
Report cooperman June 19, 2018 9:57 AM BST
Trump supporters love a bit of State Sponsored Child Abuse.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 10:21 AM BST
^ Dems only have to turn up in congress and vote to change this Law but they are a broken entity, frozen, unable to make the right and proper decision.
If they are so worried about these helpless children why won't they change the law for good.?

Trump, Melania etc. may be sons and daughters of immigrants, the point being that they were not illegal immigrants...HTH
Report cooperman June 19, 2018 11:18 AM BST
A little disingenuous on the part of cult members to claim Democrats have anything to do with Trump's child abuse policy. These families were prevented from seeking legal asylum by Border Agents following a Trump directive penned by Sessions. Btw, don't try to deny it. It's all public record.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 11:37 AM BST
Trump is enacting the Law as it stands, Dems won't change the law because Trump would be seen to win again, hence stalemate.
Dems more concerned about not giving in to Trump rather then saving trafficked children.
'Asylum' seekers and those with children are encouraged  to go to proper 'ports of entry' to have their asylum status accessed and not to put their own lives and the lives of their children at risk by illegally trying to cross the US border.
Report cooperman June 19, 2018 11:50 AM BST
Once again, there is NO Law that demands the removal of children from their parents at the border. There is only a Policy of the Trump Administration.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 12:22 PM BST
Its the loop holes in the law that need to by changed by Congress.
Congress and the courts brought in the current laws which are being exploited by illegals with kids.
These loop holes can only. Be changed by a vote in Congress.
Dems don't want that.
Trump Admin. advice
Go to proper assigned 'ports of entry' with your kids then there is no problem.
Sessions has declared in april a zero tolerance policy on illigal migrants crossing the border.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 12:23 PM BST
* only be
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 12:29 PM BST
Here I'll let Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Neilsen explain it to you below

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/392890-nielsen-defends-family-separations-congress-alone-can-fix-it
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 12:54 PM BST
How long has that law been in place?
Report cooperman June 19, 2018 1:16 PM BST
Like any country they have a duty to protect their borders from illegal immigrants, but nowhere in USA law does it include setting up of child detention facilities and the removal of babies from their parents. That is purely down to a Trump policy which traumatizes children and their families.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/06/18/the-grim-desperation-of-kirstjen-nielsen/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a86aa9d090cb
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 1:43 PM BST
Pop, if I was a $1000 an hour attorney I could point you to the exact US immigration legislation and wouldn't be wasting my time on here daily. Try this one

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325

Coop, Trump says he doesn't want a migrant camp ( or as you call it a child detention facility ) on the south western border.
Unless people have been living under a rock for the last two years, everybody knows Trump has been clamping down on illegal immigration since he was elected.
Yet they still come, zero tolerance is in place since April.
Parents need to know this and take responsible actions. There are proper safe asylum procedures in place already.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 1:51 PM BST
Just wondering if it's something new.

If the only way of stopping it was for the democrats to help create new legislation then the law must have been in force at least during Obama's term. Or a Trump law. Can only be one or the other.

In which case how come kids weren't being sent to the showers and caged under the last president?

I mean, if the law hasn't changed since that time then it doesn't mean new legislation is the only solution does it.
Report cooperman June 19, 2018 2:15 PM BST
Don't worry Donny's already changing his tune and when the media finally gets access to the camps where girls and toddlers ( which has so far been denied) are being held and the pictures hit the screen he'll be signing an Executive Order as fast as they can slam it through the printer.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 2:18 PM BST
Pop
Kids have been in cages under Obama and recently as I posted a few days ago, photos from this time were used as 'fake news' against Trump. New York Times editor had to apologise for this 'error' and blaming..get this..being tired after the weekend minding his 'kids'..Laugh

The laws are the same ones from Obama and Bush but weren't being enforced by Obama, introducing 'catch and release' and he brought in Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals act ( DACA ) and used that as an immigration free for all too.

Only change has been Sessions annoucing 'a zero policy' in April which means all illegals caught are arrested, detained and prosecuted according to the existing laws, as soon as possible. So adults arrested are detained and prosecuted and if they have children with them the children are put in care until the parents case is heard.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 2:24 PM BST
I'm not sure he will though. Can get away with pretty much everything now as he gets Fox to call any criticism fake news.

You could have video of him personally locking one up and he'd claim it's doctored video and his fans would buy it.

As here they just run with a simple "well if they don't want their kids snatched away and locked up they shouldnt come."

That quote on the Statue of Liberty couldn't be less apt now.

Really worrying times though. An American president locking up kids and using them as hostages to force political opponents to allow him free rein. And in Italy they've started making a register of Roma.

We've been here before and it doesn't end well.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 2:27 PM BST
Vicky - so what law needs to be changed for this to stop?
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 2:29 PM BST
Coop,
This is a stand off with Dems who are shamefully playing these kids as pawns.
Dems need to close all the loop holes in the Immigration Laws that are encouraging this mess which Obama accelerated.

Funny how this story is the headlines while the Inspector Generals FBI inquiry testimony hearings were on yesterday.
Where Comey, Lynch and McCabe ( lifelong dutiful civil servants ) refused to turn up.

And Dave slated my for hinting some big deflection news might turn up during the 'nothing burger' release. Lol
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 2:39 PM BST
Pop
Someone has to clean up Merkels and Obamas immigration policy huge disasters.
Gotta start somewhere to clean up this mess.

Well Trump wants rid of DACA or some kind of trade off to get border security funding and the Wall built.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 2:45 PM BST
He wants that, yes.

The Democrats don't.

It's supposed to be a democracy. Republicans and Democrats have traditionally been allowed to have different views and laws need a majority to pass.

Always been that way.

But, to be clear, there is no law forcing Trump to lock kids in cages. That is merely his choice. His proposed solution, his way of allowing these kids to be released is to force the democrats to concede and grant him his law againdt their wishes.

That's a fair summary, no?
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 2:53 PM BST
Delay, obstruct, frustrate, is that written on the Statue of Liberty ?
Thats all the Dems have been doing for 18 months in this current US 'democracy'.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 2:55 PM BST
It not the Democrats wishes, its the will of the voting American people the counts here.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 2:58 PM BST
It's US politics. It's the same every time. Every president struggles to get laws passed as it's difficult to get a majority.

But you do agree that it's simply Trump's choice to lock these kids up, his hands aren't tied by a law compelling him to?
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 3:03 PM BST
He is enforcing the current 'flawed' Immigration laws as they stand.
He wants to change the laws but is faced with political obstruction from the Dems.
Meanwhile children are being legally removed from their parents at the border as the flawed current laws state.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 3:07 PM BST
But he's the only President to have chosen to lock kids up in cages under these flawed laws isn't he?

Therefore that means there's a choice.

As for obstruction, that's nothing new. Democracy means debate and the dems are simply representing the will of the people who voted for them.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 3:12 PM BST
No As I already said, there are photos going back to 2014 of kids in cages. Obamas time.

The will of the people that voted for them are in the minority here.
Democracy rules in favour of the majority ( in normal democracies anyway ) .
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 3:17 PM BST
You got a link re the Obama thing?

Democracy doesn't mean the winner of the presidential race gets free rein. It's never meant that. You must read your history. Unless he has a compliant majority in the Senate then he has to negotiate. Checks and balances. The will of the people isn't that the losing side's opinion is cpmpletely ignored. That's not jow democracy works.
Report detraveller June 19, 2018 3:20 PM BST
How long till we have a new issue so people can get over this?

By the way, BBC shared a video today about some guards calling crying kids an 'orchestra' and making fun of them. Absolutely pathetic.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 3:21 PM BST
You don't even have to go back that far. Republicans made a point of obstructing Obama at nearly every turn. His second term was a washout.

There was no crying about will of the people then though. Just acceptance of the system.
Report nellie1970 June 19, 2018 5:27 PM BST
nancy pelosi steps over the homeless to run to th border to get a photo op at the centres sad sad woman.the same woman who said whoopee doo when employment rate down to its lowest in years.gop have nothing to fear with this old loon minority leader
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 5:50 PM BST
You got a link re: the Obama thing?

@ 16.6.18 1.52pm above
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 6:05 PM BST
Cheers.

They say it was an influx of unaccompanied kids that quickly needed temporary shelter rather than being separated from their parents.

Obviously they're a shower of c&*^s if that's not true.
Report stickyvicky June 19, 2018 6:14 PM BST
Obama's DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) came in in 2012

In November 2014, Obama announced his intention to expand DACA to cover additional undocumented immigrants.

So Obama can maybe explain the sudden influx back then and the current desperate mess at the southern border.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 19, 2018 6:22 PM BST
Can the current mess be caused by the new president announcing he was going to build a wall and make it much harder to get in?

Anyone thinking of doing so suddenly had to get their skates on.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now