Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PatraTheCat
13 Jan 13 13:27
| Topic/replies: 2,117 | Blogger: PatraTheCat's blog
Shortly before Christmas I went to a work-related barbecue.  I got hammered and woke up on the sofa the next day, which is clearly inappropriate (it was in a very posh penthouse flat, I’d never been there before etc.) and highly embarrassing. I then scarpered before anyone else woke up. All over Christmas I was stressed about it because the last thing I remembered was having a conversation with somebody on the terrace about how his company was full of bullsh*t, why he should be more of a maverick (and I think I used this word many, many times) and whether it was possible to beat the company’s quarterly drug tests by taking a bottle of clean píss into the doctor’s office (even though he had expressed no interest in taking drugs).

As I couldn’t remember how I’d got from the terrace to the sofa, and given the way the conversation had been going, I was extremely concerned about what else I might have said. I would never hit anyone and I was almost certain I hadn’t been sick, but I could have made some very unwise comments indeed, and I was making myself heavily odds on to have started with the old “What could you invent if you were suddenly transported back to the year 1AD”, “For how much money would you kill a tramp” etc. questions.  I could have been rambling on for hours.

About a week ago, I saw the hostess of the BBQ, and just seeing her and talking for 15 seconds triggered a memory of sitting on her sofa and saying one of her pictures was quite nice.  Suddenly, things were looking up. If I could remember getting to the sofa, I had probably just fallen asleep there and then. Still not great, socially, but much less bad than it could have been.

So my question is, how else could I have accessed the memory (of sitting on her sofa saying her picture was quite nice) without having to see her? Because seriously, I’d been racking my brains for days and hadn’t been able to remember anything since the maverick conversation. Would I have needed to be hypnotized or was there something I could have done at home. Generally, is there any way to remember things from ages ago or develop a super memory, and so on?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Alcohol-related memory loss
Show More
Report Manchester Untied Dave January 13, 2013 1:36 PM GMT
Was your hair sticking up at the back?
Report PatraTheCat January 13, 2013 2:47 PM GMT
Nobody with any tips? You must know what I mean: the memory's definitely in your head so it's frustrating not to be able to access it. Isn't there some science-based method that could be used?
Report HRH The Lager Khan January 13, 2013 2:51 PM GMT
In my experience, if you get really trashed and misbehave, and can't remember a thing the next day, some fukcer will have taken pics on their poxy phone and plaster it all over bloody Facebook etc if their is any shame to be exposed!
Report HRH The Lager Khan January 13, 2013 2:51 PM GMT
* there is
Report the orginal hushwing January 13, 2013 3:14 PM GMT
A lot of typing here for a really dull story/fred
Report PatraTheCat January 13, 2013 3:24 PM GMT
It's not a particularly exciting story I agree, but I'm genuinely interested in how the human mind - in this case memory - works. How much stuff is there in your head that you can't access normally but might be able to with a trick or two.

Too true, HRH. My photo has to be all over the fecking internet now. They didn't have these problems when they went out quaffing a few centuries ago.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now