Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BonVivvy
24 May 11 20:27
| Topic/replies: 5,051 | Blogger: BonVivvy's blog
Just read in today's Times that 6/10 of french people surveyed over the rape charges on the IMF guy,believe that he's innocent and only guilty of "Being French"Laugh

While i appreciate our gallic cousins are world renknowned for bad breath,cowardice,poor personal hygenie and being able to simaltaneusly urinate while smoking a high strength Gauloise, i'd no idea that RAPE was also a national pastime? and carrying out the crime simply "being french"...

Whatever next? Exoneration for wife beaters for "just being scottish"? Exoneration for gayers for "just being from London"?

Pc gone mad imo
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Is rape legal in France?
Show More
Report everythings gone green May 24, 2011 9:29 PM BST
*shrug*
Report HEBREW69 May 24, 2011 9:31 PM BST
agreed! the french will never outclass the english in being able to eat a sandwich whilst taking a piss at the same time
Report BonVivvy May 24, 2011 9:33 PM BST
That would be more likely a pie, Hebrew to be fair.

EGG v good!Laugh
Report HEBREW69 May 24, 2011 9:36 PM BST
?
Report Clouseau May 24, 2011 11:24 PM BST
The French are guilty of many things but I don't think you can validly accuse them of cowardice.

Take a look at the casualty figures for WW1 and you will see they lost nearly 1 in 20 of the whole population with many more injured. They weren't all shot in the back running away.

The WW2 surrender was largely to avoid the same thing happening again. The Germans did the dirty trick of arriving via Belgium instead of via the common border. Outflanked and with the British Expeditionary Force clearing off sharpish from Dunkirque there wasn't much choice or even worse would have happened..... as it still did at places like Oradour-sur-Glane.

Yes, they can be stupid. Yes, they can be arrogant. Yes, they can be a pain in the 4rse. But cowards? Nopes.

As for this IMF guy..... I doubt many UK folk would have thought any former Blue Peter presenters were capable of that sort of stuff, especially if he was nabbed abroad.
Report History Maker May 25, 2011 5:24 AM BST
Agree with you re the French WWI disaster. Makes the blitz look benign.

It's not unreasonable to argue that that experience made cowards of the French politicians in WWII though. Obv, it's easy to be critical from a British or American standpoint. Neither had been involved in a brutal war that had affected their own civilians since the American Civil War 50 years earlier (which imo was the first 'modern' war).

Crap. Just seen the time. Got to go to bed. Was about to write a treatise on warmongery/appeasement.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now