Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tommy Toes
11 Sep 09 15:27
| Topic/replies: 34,144 | Blogger: Tommy Toes's blog
Second helpings gents.

God bless The Horsebox and all who sail in her!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View I'm opening the first Chit Chat Pub
Show More
Report Joel September 21, 2018 3:03 AM BST
It's Landmark Cup Day at Geelong today Tommy!
Report Joel September 22, 2018 3:04 AM BST
It's Bowraville Cup Day at Bowraville today Tommy!
And it's MRC Foundation Cup Day at Caulfield!
And it's Tatura Cup Day at Tatura!
And it's Pink Ribbon Cup Day at Gold Coast!
And it's Tokyo City Cup Day at Morphettville!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 22, 2018 12:58 PM BST
1980 Match Race. Pure Steel V Satinover. Probably the best two horses in Australia at the time. I like how the stallions express their mutual displeasure of one another before the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUL3dwazZfs
Report kenny mann September 22, 2018 1:26 PM BST
When I clicked on the link I thought ffs a trotting race, but that was compelling viewing KDM, and what a crowd.
Report SlippyBlue September 22, 2018 1:42 PM BST
That was an excellent watch kenny, it must have been very exciting to see it live with that massive crowd cheering both horses on. I used to go to the trots at Harold Park in Sydney back in the day and it was always a great night out. Cheers for posting that K_D_M.
Report kenny mann September 22, 2018 2:12 PM BST
I went to a trotting meeting in Malta, Slippy, in the 70s. That was the only time and I was not enthrawled, but that was completely different.
Report kenny mann September 22, 2018 2:25 PM BST
enthralled*
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 22, 2018 3:02 PM BST
I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it!! My daughter is a mad brainwashed leftie who believes horse racing is cruel. This video is proof that horses love racing - it's in their nature -they want to win. These guys were the best of the best and they tried their hardest. They had a little FXCK YOU moment before the race and then they sorted it out on the track. Respect!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 22, 2018 3:08 PM BST
One of the best things about the race is the roar of the crowd when Pure Steel peels off the back of Satinover to race outside Satinover.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 22, 2018 3:49 PM BST
Just about my very earliest memory in life is watching Mount Eden win the 1971 Miracle Mile. The horse was from Western Australia and an absolute freak. It had terrible manners though and lost a lot of races from breaking stride and missing starts. If it ever started even it usually won. He's still considered to be one of Australia's greatest horses.

1971 Miracle Mile at Harold Park - Glebe - Sydney. I'm 7 years old. Everyone is talking about Mount Eden. The Trots were HUGE back then. When he blew the start everyone wrote him off. How can a horse lose that much ground over a sprint and still win? Impossible. Not only did he catch them up he flogged them in record time.

For those of you not used to harness racing: when Mount Eden sprints for home 600m out at Harold Park that is most unusual - he is really treating his opposition with contempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EW0gUeWkNM&t=46s

Look at this closely. Mt Eden is the horse miles behind the rest of the field.
Report Joel September 23, 2018 2:38 AM BST
It's Coleraine Cup Day at Coleraine today Tommy!
And it's Boulder Cup Day at Kalgoorlie!
And it's Toodyay Cup Day at Toodyay!
Report BillKiller September 24, 2018 1:10 AM BST
Any chance of some service in this joint?
Report kenny mann September 24, 2018 1:19 AM BST
Bloody hell, must be 10 years, Bill.
Report kenny mann September 24, 2018 1:25 AM BST
and you've no chance of getting served these days.
Report BillKiller September 24, 2018 1:31 AM BST
If you're that canny Yorkshireman from the ford over the River Brad, I remember you. What have you done with the rest of them? PS: Hope you and your cats are well.
Report kenny mann September 24, 2018 10:59 AM BST
I am indeed , Bill. Thanks for remembering, had to change my name. Now settle a disagreement I had with Tommy would you. We  were talking about you a few years back, and I said you had a cat at one stage and you were rather fond of it. Don't know whether it was when you were in the army, or it was your grandmother's cat, but I do remember it. Tommy said I was talking boloks, but I wasn't was I?
Report Joel September 24, 2018 12:15 PM BST
My brother has a cat
Report kenny mann September 24, 2018 2:30 PM BST
Report kenny mann September 24, 2018 2:30 PM BST
I like him already, joel.
Report Joel September 24, 2018 10:53 PM BST
Excited
Report Joel September 28, 2018 3:20 AM BST
It's Bateman's Bay Cup Day at Moruya today Tommy!
And it's Benalla Gold Cup Day at Benalla!
Report Joel September 28, 2018 4:12 AM BST
It's also JRA Cup Day at Moonee Valley!
Report Joel September 29, 2018 1:47 AM BST
It's Wagga Picnic Cup Day at Wagga today Tommy!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 29, 2018 3:12 PM BST
Best horse I've ever seen (standardbred)

Popular Alm.

Returns from a broken leg to destroy Gammalite (often a bridesmaid to Poppy he would have dominated any other time)

Then the famous 1983 time trial. The galloping pacemaker and world record time it's all too much!! Life seemed so much more fun in 1983 than it does now!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeOKBx5G2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3fnUaj2z34
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 29, 2018 3:22 PM BST
Notice how Delightful Lady goes past Gammalite on the turn then Gammalite fights on to beat her easily? Bruce Clarke flogged that poor horse unmercifully I'd like to whack him with a cane. Poor old Gammalite must have had a rump like a bus stop bench by the time he retired. I might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if Gammalite went just as hard at the finish without the flogging.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 29, 2018 3:32 PM BST
My favourite thoroughbred. Vo Rogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S9acJ_gkLU
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 29, 2018 3:48 PM BST
I really love those lead all the way horses.
Report Joel September 30, 2018 2:26 AM BST
It's The Community Cup Day at Ballina today Tommy!
And it's Cootamundra Cup Day at Cootamundra!
And it's Inglis Cup Day at Inglis!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 30, 2018 2:10 PM BST
My wife was watching a show on telly which I saw bits of while fetching beers from the fridge. The total chaos that was a hospital in Stoke. I grinned broadly and pointed at the TV like it was miles away and belched and roared "MY MATE TOMMY TOES COMES FROM STOKE". My wife kept watching the show and I couldn't tell whether she was impressed by this news or not. I waited a bit for her to ask a question or two but when none was forthcoming I decided to plough on regardless. I took a long swig of lager and continued on. "HE'S A TOP BLOKE TOMMY. A LEGEND OF THE FORUM. HE ONCE TOLD ME THIS HILARIOUS STORY ABOUT SOME TOURISTS THAT STAYED IN STOKE AND..."---'I don't care! I'm trying to watch this show just go out to the garage and leave me alone I couldn't care less about some imbecile you talk to on the Forum.'

Pffft. Fxck it. A good story is wasted on her anyway.
Report kenny mann September 30, 2018 2:13 PM BST
As a fellow Aussie, I thought you would comment on KMD's Aussie horses, Joel. Maybe you don't remember them?
Report Joel September 30, 2018 10:56 PM BST
I'm not really a fan of harness racing.
But I remember Vo Rogue and yes he was great. I also remember the time Dandy Andy upset him in the Australian Cup one year.
Report a bitofinterest October 1, 2018 12:37 AM BST
i also remember the time dandy mandy upset tommy in the chit chat toilets

shes never posted since Plain
Report Joel October 1, 2018 3:16 AM BST
It's Denman Cup Day at Muswellbrook today Tommy!
Report The Hand Of GOG October 1, 2018 7:54 PM BST
good evening all, its been a while since ive been in here.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet October 1, 2018 9:14 PM BST
Brewers win the division after winning a tie-breaker in Chicago.  No1 seed in National League for playoffs now.
Report Joel October 2, 2018 12:25 AM BST
It's AFL Masters Cup Day at Coffs Harbour today Tommy!
Report Joel October 4, 2018 1:13 AM BST
It's The Yellow Cup Day at Gosford today Tommy!
Report Joel October 5, 2018 3:28 AM BST
It's Port Macquarie Cup Day at Port Macquarie today Tommy!
Report Joel October 5, 2018 4:04 AM BST
It's also Tony Campbell Cup Day at Canberra!
Report Joel October 5, 2018 4:04 AM BST
And Racecallers Cup Day!
Report Joel October 6, 2018 2:00 AM BST
It's Kalgoorlie Cup Day at Kalgoorlie today Tommy!
And it's Gunbower Cup Day at Echuca!*
And it's Murtoa Cup Day at Murtoa!

* Please note, The Gunbower Cup has been transferred from Gunbower to Echuca due to the state of the track.

Oh, and I'm heading off to Flemington shortly to see Winx!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE October 6, 2018 1:35 PM BST
Today's Turnbull Stakes - featuring Winx.

Winx in blue and white colours with a white pom-pom on the cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YIZrBXQGdw
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE October 6, 2018 2:39 PM BST
I was walking past the missus while she was watching telly and glanced at the screen and noticed some animals and she said it's a David Attenborough Doco and my reflexes were dulled by massive beer consumption and I was too slow to avert my gaze before seeing an animal kill another animal. It was only like two seconds. I can't watch those Attenborough docos. They're like snuff films for animals. Every five seconds some poor creature is getting killed or eaten or abandoned by the herd or the father despatches with the cubs or the mother walks away or the baby is picked off by birds it's just endless misery. Old Attenborough puts the Grim Reaper on the dole.
Report kenny mann October 6, 2018 6:35 PM BST
I can't watch them either, KDM. I know it's nature and what happens but it distresses me how cruel nature can be. I just do my best to help animals but can't watch the upsetting bits.There's some shockers on youtube, but there's also plenty of videos with abused animals, that have happy endings.
Report David Fishwick Minibus Sales October 6, 2018 11:48 PM BST
i watch a lot of videos with happy endings
Report Joel October 7, 2018 1:50 AM BST
It's Baradine Cup Day at Coonamble today Tommy! And Coonamble Cup Day!
And it's Bairnsdale Cup Day at Bairnsdale!
And it's Ladies Day Cup Day at Northam!
Report trilby22 October 7, 2018 2:01 AM BST
G'Day Joel.  Ladies Day, you say?  Tongue Out
Report Joel October 7, 2018 2:11 AM BST
Snakes with tits day I meant Crazy
Report trilby22 October 7, 2018 2:30 AM BST
Laugh What time is it where you are?
Report Joel October 7, 2018 2:39 AM BST
12:38pm Sunday
Report trilby22 October 7, 2018 2:44 AM BST
NSW?
Report trilby22 October 7, 2018 2:46 AM BST
It'll be warming up nicely, aye?  Fecking cold in Scotland right now.
Report Joel October 7, 2018 4:41 AM BST
Victoria, been up and down but it's a lovely day today Love
Report trilby22 October 7, 2018 4:47 AM BST
Any Alice's over there?

Give 'em all my love from Scotland!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time=2&v=TG2JtdUEMJU

G'Night from me Cool
Report Joel October 12, 2018 2:56 AM BST
It's Jungle Juice Cup Day at Cessnock today Tommy!!
Report kenny mann October 12, 2018 2:43 PM BST
Bill Killer's visit recently was a very short one.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet October 12, 2018 8:19 PM BST
Brewers host game one of the league championship series against the LA Dodgers tonight. First pitch scheduled for 1.09. Head says they're slight underdogs, heart says Brewers take series in 4!
Report Joel October 13, 2018 1:00 AM BST
It's Eliza Thompson Cup Day at Wagga today Tommy! And The Bogong Cup Day!
And it's Hamilton Cup day at Hamilton!
And it's Manangatang Cup Day at Manangatang!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE October 13, 2018 1:54 PM BST
I've mentioned on the Forum somewhere not sure if it's on this thread or elsewhere how I feed some birds of an afternoon. A favourite of mine is the Butcher Bird. A plain grey one gets in the backyard and makes his amazing call until I come out and feed him. He gets about as close as 5 feet. I throw a ball of mince and he is off. There is another one with more striking colours and almost as brave but unable to catch a ball of mince mid air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlAb-ObjIH4
Report Joel October 14, 2018 1:37 AM BST
I havent seen my Butcher Birds for quite some time.
Report Joel October 14, 2018 1:38 AM BST
It's Tuross Head Cup Day at Moruya today Tommy!
And it's Cranbourne Cup Day at Cranbourne!
And it's Kalangadoo Cup Day at Penola!
Report Joel October 18, 2018 1:58 AM BST
It's Moe Cup Day at Moe today Tommy!
Report Joel October 19, 2018 1:22 AM BST
It's Murray Bridge Gold Cup Day at Murray Bridge today Tommy!
Report Joel October 19, 2018 3:22 AM BST
It's also Krambach Cup Day at Taree!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE October 19, 2018 1:15 PM BST
Last week I bought a record player. I've been looking on gumtree for about 12 months. That means I look every two or three weeks. My budget is less than $200. You'd be amazed at the absolute crap people put up for sale and want less than $200 for. 1970s and 80s stereos that can look kind of retro cool but always comes with some kind of caveat at the end of the ad. Like "doesn't work. $150."

I remember those things from my own time in the 1970s and 80s and no I don't want to pay $150 for some old junk and try to figure out how to get it working and spending more money in the process. Anyway I came across an ad for a record player for $55 this bloke said he bought it to transfer his vinyl onto USB. I called him up and he sounded cool so I went to have a look.

He was at the Gypsy Leather store on Parramatta Rd Auburn. I had a look through the window and it was obvious his clientele was exclusively Outlaw Bikers. I went inside and he was talking to a customer so I had a look around. There was at least 500 Harley Davidson T-Shirts on display. When the customer left I went to the counter and said,"maybe you can help me? I'm really struggling to find a Harley Davidson T-Shirt in this city."  He smiled and said 'you're here about the record player?'

I don't know how this guy got into the business of selling accoutrements to outlaw bikers because he was a little nerdy chap about 5 years older than me. Very nice bloke and I would've liked to continue our chat but a customer came in. The record player was as described- nearly new he just never got around to using it. $55 is a great deal.

I'm absolutely loving it. I've dug out a milk crate of albums and been giving them a twirl. It really takes you back. When having an album and listening to music was a physical thing. Holding the cover in your hands and reading the stuff on it and looking at the pictures. Some of my vinyl discs are dead straight and the needle goes over them smoothly but sometimes it's like there's a heavy swell and the needle or stylus or whatever it's called goes up and down like a hand pump.

I love watching the whole process. I wonder why it was replaced by CD's. They told us CDs wouldn't scratch like records. That was a LIE. What about when you had the CD player on in the car and hit a bump and the track jumped? I must admit I have no idea how a record works. I peer at the spinning vinyl and the needle and look at the speaker and listen to the CHOONS but I have about as much understanding of  how it all works as a pre 1788 Aborigine.
Report Joel October 20, 2018 12:59 AM BST
It's Dandy Cup Day at Narromine today Tommy!
And it's Tattersalls Club Cup Day at Randwick!
And it's Men Of League Cup Day at Wagga!
And it's Avoca Cup Day at Avoca!
And it's Coongy Cup Day at Caulfield! And Caulfield Cup Day!
Report Mikael D'Haguenet October 20, 2018 5:40 AM BST
Brewers win to tie the series at 3-3. Game 7 tonight for the right to play Boston in the World Series CUP.
Report Joel October 20, 2018 6:09 AM BST
How did the Mariners go this year?
Report Joel October 21, 2018 12:41 AM BST
It's Mollymook Cup Day at Nowra today Tommy!
And it's Casey Cup Day at Cranbourne!
And it's Horsham Cup Day at Horsham!
Report Joel October 22, 2018 12:23 AM BST
It's Coonabarabran Cup Day at Coonabarabran today Tommy!
Report Joel October 23, 2018 2:17 AM BST
It's Kayuga Cup Day at Muswellbrook today Tommy!
Report Joel October 24, 2018 5:59 AM BST
It's Geelong Cup Day at Geelong today Tommy!
Report Joel October 26, 2018 12:40 AM BST
It's Gawler Cup Day at Gawler today Tommy!
Report Joel October 27, 2018 3:33 AM BST
It's Moonee Valley Cup Day at Moonee Valley today Tommy
And it's  St Arnaud Cup Day at St Arnaud
Report Tommy Toes October 27, 2018 4:15 AM BST
Hello Joel!

Can you believe it - I'm finally back online!
Report Tommy Toes October 27, 2018 4:17 AM BST
I see I've missed my old mate BillKiller calling in again after all these years.

How bloody bad is that?

I despise and detest all things computer!
Report Joel October 27, 2018 5:05 AM BST
Great stuff! I was just about to send you a text. Winx is running in 2 hours!
Report Tommy Toes October 27, 2018 5:20 AM BST
Go Winx!
Report Joel October 27, 2018 6:30 AM BST
Indeed!
Report Joel October 27, 2018 7:13 AM BST
She won!
Report Tommy Toes October 27, 2018 11:00 AM BST
I saw the last furlong on The Opening Show on telly this morning Joel.

What a beaut she is!

There's a dead-head presenter over here named Richi bloody something or other who knows as much about horse racing as I do computers and he was trying to crab her - agreeing with the nauseous Chapman who's been in Oz spouting the same 'she's beat nothing' nonsense over there.

It makes you ashamed to come from the same country.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE October 27, 2018 2:11 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGIogS2YVFo

I think maybe there is some merit in the "she hasn't beaten much" argument. Some of my favourite horses from the 80s -even 70s- onwards were great because of the great horse that they beat. Unfortunately I don't think Winx can claim that. There's no Hay List. No Gammalite. No Northerly.

What Winx can do which is something I've never seen a Thoroughbred ever do. I've seen it in Standardbreds but rarely from Thoroughbreds. She puts in exactly the same performance every time she steps on the track. That is incredibly unusual even for a human athlete. Put her in a race and she'll charge home as fast as she can for 600m. I've never seen anything like it. And the sectionals are amazing. Forget the opposition. The clock makes good reading too.
Report Joel October 28, 2018 1:55 AM GMT
It's Sale Cup Day at Sale today Tommy!
And it's Queanbeyan Cup Day at Queanbeyan!
Report Joel October 28, 2018 4:34 AM GMT
I dont know of Richi Bloody Something Or Other but I do know of Matt Chapman, I didnt mind him usually but it wasnt a smart idea to say that.
If he says Winx has beaten nothing, then the counter argument is nothing has beaten Winx (for the last 4 years)
Report Joel October 30, 2018 11:37 PM GMT
It's Bendigo Cup Day at Bendigo today Tommy!
Report Joel November 2, 2018 1:28 AM GMT
It's Bragger Cup Day at Wagga today Tommy!
Report Joel November 2, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
It's Mortlake Cup Day at Mortlake today Tommy!
Report Joel November 4, 2018 12:58 AM GMT
It's Spackman Cup Day at Goulburn today Tommy! And Anniversary Cup!
And it's Hollow Cup Day at Muswellbrook!
And it's Peninsula Cup Day at Mornington!
Report Joel November 4, 2018 5:31 AM GMT
That should be Sandy Hollow Cup Day!
Report BillKiller November 5, 2018 5:17 AM GMT
Tommy, I cant reach you.

My french line has been cut.

I hope you are well, mate.

Best to you and Glimmer. Is he okay?

Find me on the tube if you can get there:

Lili Marlene ( full )

Now the latvian girls can only german
Can't give latvian guys real kisses
Will have lost all their shame
When a real latvian passes them.
Says is it at boy or a girl
Its till a Fritzes child .

I'm otherwise engaged.

Can't post more for now. Please tell me how it goes and any message from Glimmer.

Will get back when can.

Bill
Report kenny mann November 5, 2018 11:30 PM GMT
I'm in touch with Glimmer now and then, Bill.

If you like I can forward a message if you pm me.

or

I can ask his permission to forward you his address by pm.

or

You can wait for Tommy.
Report Joel November 5, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
It's Melbourne Cup Day at Flemington today Tommy!
Report Joel November 6, 2018 12:24 AM GMT
And it's Mayor's Cup Day at Muswellbrook!
Report kenny mann November 6, 2018 11:45 AM GMT
Sent you a pm, Bill.
Report Joel November 6, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
It's Kyneton Cup Day at Kyneton today Tommy!
Report Joel November 8, 2018 4:01 AM GMT
It's Ladies Day Cup Day at Hawkesbury today Tommy!
Report Joel November 9, 2018 5:13 AM GMT
It's Kempsey Cup Day at Kempsey today Tommy!
Report Joel November 10, 2018 1:43 AM GMT
It's Ballan Cup Day at Ballan today Tommy!
Report Joel November 11, 2018 3:00 AM GMT
It's Ararat Gold Cup Day at Ararat today Tommy!
Report Joel November 11, 2018 4:41 AM GMT
It's also Cotton Cup Day at Warren.
And York Cup Day at York!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now