Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
20 Mar 18 21:21
| Topic/replies: 14,496 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
CHAMPION HURDLE 2019

duffy • March 20, 2018 2:11 PM GMT
Exactly..... I'd be far more excited with Summerville Boy going forward with what he did. He'd be up there as performance of the week for me, to lose all momentum and lengths at the worst part of the race and to get it all back was a bit special. He has tactical speed and looks to be laden with stamina too.

unclepuncle on 19 Mar 18 19:03
Tom George confirming that Summerville Boy will be aimed at the Champion Hurdle and won’t run again this season.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View (((( SUMMERVILLE BOY ))))
Show More
Report equine flew March 20, 2018 9:10 PM GMT
Exactly the same time clocked as Buevir D'Air on the Tuesday
Report unclepuncle March 20, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
unclepuncle
unclepuncle 16 Mar 18 19:15
As for performance of the week I'd have to go for Summerville Boy. Might not have been a vintage Supreme but he really should not have had any chance after the mistake two out and then the blunder at the last. To get going again twice and win was the mark of a very decent horse.

25/1 for the CH just looked way too big, especially after Tom George confirmed he would probably stay over hurdles.
Report duffy March 21, 2018 2:06 PM GMT
I don't think I'd necessarily fancy it for a CH though, although 25/1 was obviously too big, one thing it will provide us with is perhaps some opposition to BD in a trial or two pre festival next year.
Report Autocue March 21, 2018 3:12 PM GMT
His two best runs have been on heavy. Trainer thinks he's fine on better ground and he was right when he reasoned previous Cheltenham defeats were due to slow pace. All the same he still has to prove he can be as impressive on g/s.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now