Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jumper3
19 Mar 18 17:34
| Topic/replies: 148 | Blogger: jumper3's blog
http://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake

Another good KB piece, this time looking at the relative successes of IRE and GB trainers last week and the trend that is appearing. Fair conclusion.

The only comment I would add is the buying power of Gigginstown, Ricci and to a lesser extent Wylie in terms of numbers. JP Mcmanus too, but he spreads his horses across both countries.

I don't know if O'Leary buys say 30 horses each year. If so, how many turn out be duds?

Another point. Since he lost the Gigginstown horses Willie Mullins is training winners for what looks like more owners, not that this has depleted his firepower by much. Think he had over 50 running at the festival.

I wonder if we just took out the buying power of Gigginstown and Ricci, is that also a reason for the recent edge?

We certainly need across all racing countries consistent doping rules, certainly across Europe anyhow.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Kevin Blake article
Show More
Report Autocue March 19, 2018 5:08 PM GMT
He says the Irish strike rate in handicaps was a lowly 9.4% (5 winners from 53 runners)so there's no issue
but doesn't mention the British strike was 3%
All in all a piece biased towards Irish racing as one would expect from someone who hardly has a word to say about British horses on his podcast.
Report jumper3 March 19, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
To be fair to him he is presented as the Irish expert and in the podcasts they always have someone else to provide an update on British based runners.
Report duffy March 19, 2018 10:48 PM GMT
aahhh shtop
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now