Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
King Selassie I
16 Mar 18 21:28
| Topic/replies: 73 | Blogger: King Selassie I's blog
Not getting on any soapbox as I really enjoyed Cheltenham this year. We must though spare a thought for the5 horses that died there this week. The owners, trainers & stable staff will be in bits. Sandsend in the County was particularly nasty. R.I.P.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 5 Horses Died at Cheltenham 2018!!
Show More
Report impossible123 March 16, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
Only did the big and prestigious races thus did not realise 5 horses lost their lives. RIP!
Report duffy March 17, 2018 12:27 AM GMT
Always desperate to see when it happensSad
Report sixtwosix March 17, 2018 9:49 AM GMT
Reporting as  6 now , Some Plan in the last.
He fell at the last as a loose horse ran across him .
Report sageform March 17, 2018 12:34 PM GMT
Very sad to read about Some Plan who was one of my main fancies for the week It looked a soft fall but it happens so easily. They can't blame fast ground this time.
Report Autocue March 17, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
In that case is it not 7 as North Hill Harvey was killed in the last?
Report irishone March 17, 2018 8:49 PM GMT
whatever it is
its a choker
what do you do ?
stop it

or look for ways to prevent it ?

has to be the lattee imvho
Report irishone March 17, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
* latter
Report cufcno1 March 17, 2018 9:32 PM GMT
IMO the 4 mile national hunt chase for novices is brutal, they could bring that back a couple of furlongs!
Report sageform March 18, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
They have spoilt the 4 miler (agreed 3.5 would suffice) by changing the conditions which used to exclude any horse that had run on the flat or won over hurdles. It used to attract some experienced pointers and late developers that could cope with the course but now any novice chaser is eligible and is a consolation race for anything thought not quite good enough for the RSA. It is still speed that kills a lot more horses than tiredness though.
Report Autocue March 19, 2018 5:10 PM GMT
You're right, with the previous conditions of the NH chase it wasn't yet another Cheltenham race that dilutes the best races.
Report lordnoise March 20, 2018 11:25 AM GMT
Looks like the ultimate 'getting out stakes' the County Hurdle is going to return to its rightful place as the last on GC day. Lots of opinion in the media today pointing out that a furiously run 2m hcap chase (Grand Annual) isnt the ideal final race given how desperate jockeys are to get their festival winner. Sadly there were 3 fatalities in the race this year.
8 hurdles are better than 12 fences in this situation ...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now