Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lemon drop kid
14 Mar 18 11:13
| Topic/replies: 43 | Blogger: lemon drop kid's blog
The game is dead..................bookies squeezing the life out of the markets, EW terms worse i have ever seen, early prices absolute rubbish, concessions non existence.............punters have never had it so bad .SadSadSad
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Worst Cheltenham ever, for betting...
Show More
Report Fistfulofdollars March 14, 2018 10:44 AM GMT
Add to that Lemon Drop the ante post mis-information on key targets and the multiple entries of top yards clogging handicaps until the 48 hour declaration stage makes ante post punting nigh on impossible...and that's without the normal going guesstimates and injury risks Scared
Report sageform March 14, 2018 1:07 PM GMT
Oh I don't know. I backed both of the handicap winners yesterday so onwards and upwards. I shan't be betting on the CC or bumper though (he says at 1.00)
Report sageform March 14, 2018 1:08 PM GMT
Sorry CC is ambiguous, I meant Cross Country.
Report Autocue March 14, 2018 6:29 PM GMT
Just had a look at the card for tomorrow. I don't feel like it's worth the effort studying it. Three good day's racing and one dud imo. I'll just put all my pot for tomorrow on Sam Spinner and hope for the best.
Report saxon farm March 14, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
I assume the opening poster did not go racing 40 years ago when sp over rounds were worse than today.
Report DECALEC March 14, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
Op speak 4 urself
Report bankit March 14, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
Worst Cheltenham ever for betting purposes.... I'm assuming you've not had a good 1st half
Report bankit March 14, 2018 8:34 PM GMT
Auto.... I agree tomorrow is poor by festival standards, bookies payday
Report Deptford March 14, 2018 8:44 PM GMT
Tomorrows racing is very poor
Report lemon drop kid March 14, 2018 9:55 PM GMT
just for clarity...............not backed a winner.........dont do odds on favs............but still not talking through my pocket.
firstly no bookmaker going 1/4 odds all races(betfred did it last year,use to be done by all).big handicaps no extra places or if they do have extra places its 1/5 the odds..........world hurdle t'morrow would in the past be 1/4 odds first 4 , guarantees to lay £5k is meaningless..........£100 at 50/1   but for WIN only purposes,major term discrepancies between online and shop customers.........could continue
Report Steamship March 14, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
Some on here are hard to please. I think tomorrow stands up well, an open stayers hurdle, 2 favourites clash in Ryanair, 3 good handicaps. Are you sure you are not looking at Hexham(though that's not a bad card either Turtle Cask should win).
Report lemon drop kid March 14, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
steamship dont get me wrong,they might be good class horses running tmorrow,but im talking from abetting perspective. stayers hurdle....16 runner stayers hurdle, 4/1 fav, open race and betting 1/5 first 3.....only one winner. 23 and 26 runner handicap 1/4 first 4 or 1/5 first 5 with extra place factored into win price................only one winner. 6R  ryanair with odds on fav...= no bet
Report Steamship March 14, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
Ah sorry Ive jut looked at Oddschecker yes it's poor. I only bet on here for me it's like a Betfair monopoly
Report Mr Ed March 15, 2018 8:56 AM GMT
I have actually done pretty well this year, but I do agree. A few years ago all bookies were 1/4 odds all races at cheltenham but now the EW terms are rubbish. Very few standout prices in the mornings either.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 15, 2018 11:25 AM GMT
Someone said it on here a while back.  The introduction of a 1/5 first five and 1/5 first four was an ominous sign.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 15, 2018 11:35 AM GMT
1/5 first 3 for the Stayers hurdle is very poor as mentioned.  Comes to something when a stand out super consistent each way horse like L'ami Serge isn't a better each way bet with a single bookie for an event with traditionally excellent each way terms over recent years.
Report Angela Rebecchi March 15, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
The worst it has ever been. I can't get on at the books like most of us anyway, but usual years there are plenty of stand out good value each way bets to be had at the books, been hardly any this year with their terms, surprsing.
Report liberator of the oppressed March 15, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
Watch that ride on Champayne Lady from Dennis Held up in rear, hit 2nd, steady headway approaching last, stayed on for pressure to battle for 2nd towards finish, no chance with winner (op 66/1) I have been backing that without the favourite at 40/1 isn't good.
Report sixtwosix March 15, 2018 8:02 PM GMT
I lost about 300 quid on Tuesday and won 5 grand yesterday , best day ever.
Report sofiakenny March 15, 2018 10:42 PM GMT
yeah but my weapon is bigger fatter and better.
Report bigH March 19, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
wp 626

my 2nd best ever Cheltenham - started in 1987
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now