Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
councillor
13 Mar 18 13:01
| Topic/replies: 1,002 | Blogger: councillor's blog
Just turned up here to find it costs £20 to park in a field run by the race course then £45  to get in best mate cheap ring. ???? The drinks and food prices are ridiculous. Last visit for me sadly won’t pay these prices ever again.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham crazy prices to get in
Show More
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip March 13, 2018 1:16 PM GMT
How much for a beer? Thanks
Report DECALEC March 13, 2018 8:18 PM GMT
He isn't sure no money left
Report mcooks71 March 13, 2018 9:54 PM GMT
Guinness was £5.50 a pint
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 13, 2018 9:58 PM GMT
Yep Guinness £5.50 and Carling £5.30, queues at bars, betting and toilets took longer than before.
Report bankit March 14, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
OMG £5.50 a pint, £40 to get in..... my local track hamilton takes £30 to get in on a Saturday night during summer....ever go on holiday and have a pint & bite to eat at the airport or go to concert have a few beer.... have you never been racing before or been to any event, did you seriously expect it to be Wetherspoon prices...?????
Report Shrewd_dude March 16, 2018 8:39 PM GMT
Should try the summer Saturdays at Musselburgh. 45 quid general admission and the highlight of the card is a class 3 handicap.
Report johnslad March 16, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
Should try Ireland's festival meetings 30 yoyos max to get in 5 yoyos in around 4 a pint that you can drink,reasonable accommodation prices and good craic and racing not bad either
Report equine flew March 17, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
Guiness was £5.50 a pint, up from £5.10 last year.   we found it pretty easy to get served with a club ticket, plenty time after each race to get served, drink it and out to  watch the next.

Cup of coffee was a uniform price throughout the course.  £3.30, that is for an americano not at latte or anything.
Report 1st time poster March 17, 2018 11:44 AM GMT
best thing about irish festivals, plenty of time to run for buses,get a drink something to eat etc, in between the 9 bumpers,more flat races than derby day
Report MuayThaiClyde March 18, 2018 10:55 AM GMT
The prices are getting to the point now where i'm finding it harder to justify, but then the attendance figures speak for themselves so they'll keep ripping us off until that changes.

Never had any real issues with queuing though, so at least it's better than most places on that front. It was 6/7 deep at the bar in Premier at Newmarket for the 2000 Guineas, I wouldn't go there again if you paid me, dreadful day out.
Report wellchief March 18, 2018 1:12 PM GMT
Agree that the prices are now getting a bit stupid.

We paid £55 for a general admission tatts ticket and £45 return on the national express coach back North. £55 is a lot considering each race only lasts 5 mins or so, so £55 for half an hour's racing.

It is a good atmosphere but I'm not sure it's worth £100 to get there and get in (getting up at 5:30am to get the coach wasn't particularly fun), when I could have gone the local where there is always a good atmosphere during the festival.

To be fair, this year it seemed much easier to get to the bar and toilets in the Guinness Village than other years.
Report equine flew March 18, 2018 1:19 PM GMT
The width of the area in the guinness village has been widened for the second year running.  Also the bar area is a lot deeper and goes further under the stand.  Obviously this eased congestion.

Still wouldnt want to be a a festival when p1ssing down
Report GoBallistic March 18, 2018 4:50 PM GMT
I enjoyed it as usual.  3 days in Tatts, 1 in Best Mate.  The changes they've made in the past couple of years have mostly helped a lot so at least some of the money fleeced is being spent.  The bridge near the paddock is great. Decent Wifi is a godsend. Guinness Village is much better now.  Drinks are certainly expensive. Wouldn't dream of eating there.  Got to get tickets well in advance and preferably in the summer
Report eric_morris March 18, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
3 mobile forget it. Couldnt get a connection at all during racing. Other phone giffgaff got a connection straight away.
Report eric_morris March 18, 2018 5:01 PM GMT
The wifi locked my phone in the main stand had to turn it off
Report bigH March 19, 2018 8:39 PM GMT
£75 to get in to the best sporting arena in the world to watch one of the best sporting spectacles (no non-triers or tempramental primadonnas) is an absolute bargain.

Has the OP just completed a 20 year stretch in prison?
Report BigField March 19, 2018 8:44 PM GMT
best sporting arena in the world?
greatest sporting spectacle maybe mate but the queuing one most endeavour on a day at the festival make it far from the best sporting arena in the world.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now