Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jb23
05 Mar 18 17:02
| Topic/replies: 415 | Blogger: Jb23's blog
Gigginstown runners in the Martin Pipe (0-145) over the past 4 years:

2017- Champagne Classic WON off 138 - Ran third in  2m4f 'At The Races Michael Purcell Memorial Novice Hurdle' (Grade 3) @ Thurles
2016- No Gigginstown Runner
2015- Roi Des Francs THIRD off 139- WON the 3m 'Surehaul Mercedes-Benz Novice Hurdle' (Grade 3) @ Clonmel
2014- Don Poli WON off 143 - WON the 3m 'Surehaul Mercedes-Benz Novice Hurdle' (Grade 3) @ Clonmel

Working off of the pure assumption that Gigginstown have fared 'Okay' in recent years in the Martin Pipe, I think its probably more than likely that they will aim to campaign their runners in a similar fashion to the ones which have had so much success in the recent past.

2018 Gigginstown Runners in:
2m4f 'At The Races Michael Purcell Memorial Novice Hurdle' (Grade 3) @ Thurles:
- Blow By Blow 8/1 (WON)
- Gun Digger 7/2 (Second)

3m 'Surehaul Mercedes-Benz Novice Hurdle' (Grade 3) @ Clonmel
- Burren Life 7/2 (Third)
- Monkshood 6/4f (Unplaced)

Gigginstown Entries to the Martin Pipe:
5. Blow By Blow OR144 (11-09)
24. Tell Us More OR140 (11-05)
28. Hardline OR140 (11-05)
29. The Game Changer OR140 (11-05)
32. Dortmund Park OR140 (11-05)
34. Delta Work OR139 (11-04)
36. Monkshood OR139 (11-04)
48. Roaring Bull OR138 (11-03)
74. Burren Life OR136 (11-01)
109. Gun Digger OR132 (10-11)

Blow By Blow is absolutely leaping off of the page at me. A lb higher than Don Poli, same prep race at Champagne Classic (Notably booked with Rachel Blackmore on board). At 25-1 NRNB with the class of this horse and a booking of Rachel Blackmore this could be so very easily be 4 or 5 /1 on the day. I love the fact that its a future chaser because IMO thats what the Martin Pipe is, a race for proper future chasers (Killutagh Vic, Sir Des Champs, Don Poli etc).

Would also be worth noting Monkshood and Burren Life ran in the same race as Roi Des Francs. Burren Life has no chance of getting in at 76, so would be tempted with a saver on Monkshood at 60s on the machine.

Just an angle in I have stumbled across this afternoon :)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys H'cap
Show More
Report illinois_riki March 5, 2018 5:24 PM GMT
Will Rachel qualify for this race ?  I have been looking at the same angle myself and I personally liked the profile of Roaring Bull but he may not make the cut
Report duffy March 5, 2018 5:36 PM GMT
it's going to be running off 144 isn't it
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 5, 2018 5:39 PM GMT
Yes he is running off 144 (11-09)

Have took a chance on Whiskey Sour in this, Willie has targeted it with novices in the past (been Gigginstown novices as the OP pointsd out) so played him nr-nb
Report Can't Catch Me March 5, 2018 5:54 PM GMT
With the defection of Cracking Smart I imagine one of Blow by Blow or Dortmund Park might be rerouted to the AB.

Ive backed four NRNB for this... Early Doors, Delta Work, Dortmund Park and Whiskey Sour. Like pf says, Willie has a great record. My only worry with WS is that the race is usually won by staying chaser types and he doesnt really fit that mould. But he would be a class act in this race.

Have also backed Delta Work for the Pertemps and think he will go most likely go there but want to have him onside wherever he goes..
Report Jb23 March 6, 2018 9:03 AM GMT
"Alb Bartlett next. GE: dortmund park had wind op. Interesting to see what Willie runs. Next Destination should run here. Cracking Smart back next season for chasing"

From a Preview evening last night. @SPGBetting on twitter for those wanting the full thing
Report Jb23 March 7, 2018 8:05 AM GMT
He’ll go for the Martin Pipe. He won well last time in first-time blinkers and that was probably the first time he’s shown his true form since he won the Grade 1 bumper at Punchestown. I’d say a combination of the less testing ground and blinkers were a help to him. - Gordon Elliott stable tour
Report unclepuncle March 16, 2018 7:55 AM GMT
Lough Derg Spirit was an eyecatcher for me in the Betfair hurdle and that form has been franked. At 28/1 he'll do for me.
Report duffy March 16, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
^
I agree, I've thought looking back that he needs further than 2 miles, he ran well for a long way at Liverpool and stuck at it, he's was under the cosh at Newbury but again stuck on well up the straight. He gets caught out when they quicken up but there won't be any of that today, chance if he can get into that rhythm. Slight concern is that with the ground the way it is, the 2 of the county might have turned it into enough of a stamina test today to compensate.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 16, 2018 4:27 PM GMT
I really like Carter McKay, dont think they tried on him lto.

Also on No Hassle Hoff as he will love the ground.
Report wellchief March 16, 2018 4:59 PM GMT
I tip by hat to you JB - well done mate - great write up and put your neck on the line
Report duffy March 16, 2018 5:08 PM GMT
Very Well Done OP
Report geoff m March 16, 2018 5:10 PM GMT
Cracking JB well researched brilliant write up .Well deserved
Report bobbyjo March 16, 2018 5:16 PM GMT
Great shout, well done
Report unclepuncle March 16, 2018 6:25 PM GMT
Thanks JB23 - you won me £500.Laugh
Report Jb23 March 16, 2018 11:10 PM GMT
Thanks all. Glad you made a few quid Uncle! Safe to say that race has a big red circle in my calendar next year.

As a man a few pints deep, I hope everyone had a good festival!

Here’s to many more winners, Reading this forum with a coffee and the eternal hope of an antepost winner...... right who wins the Arkle 2019
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now