Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cash Is King
30 Jan 18 10:43
| Topic/replies: 817 | Blogger: Cash Is King's blog
Looked a good horse when winning on soft going at Newbury at the beginning of December and was impressive when winning on heavy going at Cheltenham last Saturday. (Difficult to fathom why the trainer took him out of a race at Ascot the previous Saturday (20th) on account of "unsuitable going" but was happy to let him take his chance at Cheltenham when the going at Ascot (soft, heavy in places) was certainly no worse than the going at Cheltenham.)

He doesn't have the profile of a typical Albert Bartlett winner - a gnarled, hardy type with proven winning form over 3m trips - but he looks a very exciting prospect.
Share |
Show More
Report bluebirdfan January 30, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
If he was mine I’d miss Cheltenham altogether.......but it’s Cheltenham and that would be a very hard call for the owners to make
Report Cash Is King January 30, 2018 10:49 AM GMT
Santini stays, he gallops and he jumps and he's coped with ground I can't believe he wants. I suppose we'll put him in the Albert Bartlett, but [owner] Richard Kelvin-Hughes and I agree it might be a year too soon. You'd think of him as an RSA horse next year and if he improves as much as he did from last year to this year then he'll be an absolute machine - he's a proper horse - Nicky Henderson, trainer.
Report Cash Is King January 30, 2018 10:50 AM GMT
Bluebirdfan - If he was mine I'd let him take his chance in the Albert Bartlett before putting him away ahead of a novice chasing campaign next season.
Report impossible123 February 15, 2018 7:35 PM GMT
He's been backed, only 8/1 now with backers queueing up to him up to 9/1. A definite for the Albert Bartlett?
Report Quevega06 February 15, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
Yes all systems go
Report woodmanchester February 16, 2018 10:58 AM GMT
Looks a proper grinder to me. Needs a stiff test as I believe lacking a touch of speed
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now