Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
24 Jan 18 16:52
| Topic/replies: 25,422 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
Only one or two dotted about priced up about The Last Samuri. Anyone know just how doubtful he is?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Cross Country
Show More
Report BigField February 7, 2018 6:10 PM GMT
No idea I'm afraid, but find it very hard to get away from Cause Of Causes for this (looks generally 3/1 but not checked price on here). Cause of Causes has had a similar prep to last year when he went off at 4/1 (so 3/1 seems generous) and won very easily last year.
Report maam8mandingo February 7, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
It’s one of the best races to watch at the festival but the uncertain nature of the race means that for me, cause of causes is far too short. He may well bolt up but he’s a skinny price in my book.
Report BigField February 7, 2018 7:58 PM GMT
very true and fair points, ive never had a bet on the cross country before but 3/1 about a horse than won the race last year (and will no doubt be fully wound up) is too good to turn down
Report BigField February 7, 2018 7:59 PM GMT
but like you said, cant be going crazy on a horse at that price in this race so it'll be one for the accumulators
Report maam8mandingo February 7, 2018 8:13 PM GMT
Like I said mate, he may hose up (I would not be surprised in the slightest) he seems to be targeted at this race like you said! If you fancy him, don’t let me put you off mate haha
Report Quevega06 February 7, 2018 9:11 PM GMT
For me Cause of Causes with a saver on Tiger Roll..
Report maam8mandingo February 7, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
Tiger Roll is a thorough stayer isn’t he but his jumping is a cause for concern in my opinion!
Report Quevega06 February 7, 2018 9:54 PM GMT
It is a cause for concern but Gordy will have it bang on again!!!
Report Nogoody February 7, 2018 9:54 PM GMT
Have a feeling his main target is the Grand National and IF he runs here he may not be too busy. I'm not sure if he picks up any weight should he win this or any chase, on the other hand ( and being a conspiracy theorist ) he is one of only 2 horses to have prevailed in 3 different races at the Festival and I'm sure connections would dearly like a 4th thus making a run in the Coral or the Martin Pipe seem inviting, getting no penalty should he prevail. Spoils wouldn't even give me a quote for such an eventuality. Maybe I've too much time on my hands, b.t.w. Gordon seems to be bringing Tiger Roll along nicely for this, have a look at his latest education.
Report Nogoody February 25, 2018 6:47 PM GMT
I might be a little off with my thinking there , after all I was wrong once before. Sometimes it's possible to overcomplicate things or to overthink things.
Report asparagus February 26, 2018 12:10 PM GMT
No penalties in the National. The weights are set.
Report Nogoody February 26, 2018 3:17 PM GMT
Thanks Asparagus, shoulda remembered. Still don't believe they'll give him a hard race though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now