Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
13 Jan 18 18:26
| Topic/replies: 11,307 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Nicky Henderson seems to be getting a stronger hand every day.

Gold Cup. Might Bite Whisper
Champion Hurdle. Buveur D'air My Tent or Yours
Champion Chase. Altior.
Ryanair. Top Notch Gold Present.
(World Hurdle Nothing obvious.)

Supreme Novice. Claimintakinforgan
Staying novices. Mr Whipped
Arkle. River Wylde
Triumph. Apples Shakira We Have A Dream.

And that is before you start on the handicaps.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Henderson team.
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 13, 2018 6:31 PM GMT
Staying Novices: Chef Des Obeaux, Santini
Ballymore: On The Blind Side
Mares Novice: Kupatana

totally agree with you, think he has huge strength in depth this year
Report SOULDANCER January 14, 2018 7:38 AM GMT
Gold Present..Ryanair?, really. Hope not.
Report Quevega06 January 14, 2018 9:36 AM GMT
Soul Dancer I think Gold Present will go Ultima. Don't think he's good enough for the Ryanair
Report SOULDANCER January 14, 2018 1:30 PM GMT
Ultima with James Bowen riding, hopefully.
Report sageform January 14, 2018 6:09 PM GMT
Gold Present on 155. Would that get into the Ultima? Top Notch 160 so not that far apart. Un de Sceaux would be well clear but he is not that reliable.
Report SOULDANCER January 15, 2018 9:54 AM GMT
155 is top weight so would have to be kept for race. I wouldn't think drop in trip for Ryanair would be best option. Wouldn't mind if he ran in Gold Cup but he's not entered.
Report buddeliea January 15, 2018 12:09 PM GMT
Un de Sceaux not that reliable..........???
Report Quevega06 January 15, 2018 8:09 PM GMT
Sage Top Notch went very close in a smashing JLT last year and still young,personally in my opinion i think he'd lap Gold Present over 2m 5f.
Report sageform January 17, 2018 2:06 PM GMT
He might well do but the official ratings are 160 and 155.
Report geoff m January 18, 2018 10:09 AM GMT
Sage:
Might need to check your dictionary for the definition of the word unreliable.
Un De Sceauxs record @ under 3miles  when hes stood up 22 runs 19 wins 3 seconds
Report Quevega06 January 19, 2018 7:51 AM GMT
Sage you can't take official ratings literally over one distance. Gold Present needs a trip were as in my opinion Top Notch is suited to 2m 5f although he was staying on in the JLT again.
Report Quevega06 January 19, 2018 7:53 AM GMT
Un de sceaux will be hard to beat this year. It'll be interesting to see how close Brain Power can get to him tomorrow
Report sageform January 19, 2018 9:06 AM GMT
Not disagreeing with anything about ratings. The reason I put Gold Present up for the Ryanair was his rating which I thought would put him out of some of the handicaps.
Report SOULDANCER January 19, 2018 10:06 AM GMT
Well he is entered so course you were right. In fact I didn't know until I seen your post, so thanks. Think I'll have a bet e.w. at 20-1 nrnb bog just in case.
Report ACStafford January 21, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
World Hurdle: L'ami Serge
Report sageform January 22, 2018 8:36 AM GMT
If Gold Present runs well at Doncaster they may well stick to 3 miles. No doubt he is an improving horse so far this season.
Report SOULDANCER January 22, 2018 10:26 AM GMT
Hope he doesn't run if his OR gets raised can't run in Ultima.
Report stormey1 January 22, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
I have been trying work out the plan for Gold Present too.
Taken out of the Skybet Chase today so now I'm starting think they've got National in mind and don't want to run him till weights are out for that.
Very nearly backed the horse for Ultima with Hills 16/1 with their cover of if doesn't run at Festival money back,but the Ryanair entry throws a spanner in works.
To me Ultima is right race for the horse and Hendo as said that going up in trip as been making of him so why enter for Ryanair??
Report SOULDANCER January 22, 2018 3:44 PM GMT
The owners can obviously afford the entry and want to have all options open. If the favourites didn't turn up then they'd want the opportunity to consider it. I'd fancy him for National off 155 but would they go there this year? They may even supplement for Gold Cup if that cuts up.
Report SOULDANCER January 28, 2018 10:36 AM GMT
See Sporting Life have highlighted Gold Present for Chelt cos of Frodon and Warriors Tale's good runs yesterday. My bets already on but had to have some more e.w. nrnb both Ryan Air and Ultima.
Report the bloob January 28, 2018 12:49 PM GMT
8lbs rise in the weights is a lot and would have stopped him winning at Ascot, I wouldn't be too thrown by what Frodon did yesterday as a yardstick. Frodon has been running to a similar level for a while and ran about a stone above that yesterday. O O Seven didn't stay the 3 miles at Ascot, and a mark of 155 is 18lb above what GP carried last year at Cheltenham and he couldn't win an average race off that mark. I know he has improved but more than 18lb? that's a big ask
Report SOULDANCER January 28, 2018 1:39 PM GMT
No way Frodon ran a stone better than he as before, I had him the comfortable winner on all known form. Also Warriors tale was effectively on a 9lb higher mark yesterday than when beaten by Gold Present. I don't care Gold was 18lb lower last year, the 8lb he's gone up from last run is what I'm looking at. This horse as always been a work in progress and just keeps improving.
  Major chance for me.
Report Deptford January 28, 2018 1:46 PM GMT
Agree ^ took 16s with Hills
Report sageform January 28, 2018 2:12 PM GMT
RPR put Frodon on 172 which would be right in the mix for the Ryanair but that looks too high to me. They have put Shantou Flyer up 1lb and he only fell into second as others weakened up the hill. I would put Frodon up to 164.
Report SOULDANCER February 11, 2018 8:57 AM GMT
WILLIAM HENRY..Coral Cup. 10-1 nrnb, bog.

Had the form franked by Spiritofthegames in Betfair Hudle.
  I bet Henderson is having trouble sleeping looking forward to Chelt.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now