Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mystic Wind
12 Jan 18 16:34
| Topic/replies: 349 | Blogger: Mystic Wind's blog
Presenting Percy would have an obvious chance if turning up in this but may well run in the RSA instead.

One or two are bound to improve for stepping up to the marathon trip. One such horse may be Duel At Dawn, who the trainer has said is being aimed at this. His second to Sizing Tennessee (giving weight) reads well following his conqueror's subsequent second to Yanworth, and he looks as though he could gallop all day long! He runs tomorrow at Warwick, wherethe 3 mile trip is probably a minimum for him. At the price I'll have a small bet.

Duel At Dawn 0.2 pt @ 50/1
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View NH Challenge Cup
Show More
Report the bloob January 31, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
Monbeg Notorious is one that interests me, although he looks a bit weak on here at the moment. I can see this being Elliott's best chance in this and he usually gets the decent amateurs booked
Report DontBeSakhee January 31, 2018 9:34 PM GMT
Was surprised to see not a single entry from Jonjo and only one McManus horse in No Comment, a horse that has yet to jump a fence (entered this Sat at Sandown in the Scilly Isles - not a traditional NH Chase trial).

Ms Parfois is the one I like, but would be worried about backing a mare in this and also clearly likes soft ground so again an issue. Has looked an out and out stayer over fences this year though.
Report the bloob January 31, 2018 9:55 PM GMT
I was looking at Ms Parfois as being one that may stay better than most, I'm struggling to find any trends for mares in this race but the allowance has got to come in handy
Report unclepuncle February 1, 2018 7:34 AM GMT
I’m on Mall Dini @ 25/1 (mentioned in Best race you saw this week thread) so hopefully the market is right.Grin
Report harry callaghan February 1, 2018 3:28 PM GMT
i'm very surprised mal dini isn't running in the kim muir but he would have a squeak in this, am surprised he is favorite though and he would look like he needs to step on everything he has shown so far over fences to win this...normal bookmaker hype and i for one will be taking him on with pleasure
Report DontBeSakhee February 1, 2018 10:34 PM GMT
Bloob.

From Honeyball's website it says that Ms P will only run in the 4 miler if the ground is soft, which on recent history is unlikely.

NRNB only, if playing.
Report Quevega06 February 1, 2018 10:57 PM GMT
The four miler gets better year on year and the highest rated come to the fore time and time again. I agree that Mall Dini should be going in the Kim Muir. He could be well handicapped in the 140s but he would need to be 15/20 pound well in for the 4 miler
Report ReaseHeath February 3, 2018 9:56 PM GMT
No Comment ran OK today - I agree with DBS that it was a strange choice of prep race if he is going to run in the National Hunt Chase.

But his best hurdles form last spring was over 3 miles and Tom O'Brien rode today even though Geraghty was at Sandown which makes me think the amateur riders' race is the target.

Would n't be surprised to see him turned out fairy quickly in the Reynoldstown to get more chasing experience over a longer distance.
Report Quevega06 February 4, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
Is Tom O'Brien an ameutur? Didn't know that
Report Quevega06 February 4, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
Thought he wasn't. What was the point of ur comment rease abput Barry not riding it?
Report ReaseHeath February 4, 2018 11:42 PM GMT
I just mean that JPM was probably happy to let Tom O'Brien ride him in his prep because BJG won't be riding him at Cheltenham if he's in the amateur riders race -I'm assuming O'Brien has schooled him at home (supposition on my part admittedly).

I would think they'd want Derek O'Connor to ride (especially after today!)

Sakhee's point that there are 70 entries and he is the only McManus one is more significant.
Report Quevega06 February 4, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
Sakhee' s point was really good. You would definitely have 2 think No Comment would run again before Cheltenham. Fingers crossed it gets there in one peice.
Report Quevega06 February 5, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
When is the final declarations stage for this?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now