Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sweet pea
04 Jan 18 20:28
| Topic/replies: 32 | Blogger: sweet pea's blog
Any word on this fellow?

He was due to run in the Kng George, then swerved it to run at leopardstown but didn't run in the end.

Think he's a great price at 40 for the Gold cup, as an improving 6 yr old.

Any thoughts?
Share |
Show More
Report The Dragon January 4, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
where is the 40. I backed it some time ago ew at 25/1 and was pleased with that
Report The Dragon January 4, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
sorry just seen 46 on bf!!!! something must be up to offfer that price
Report FOYLESWAR January 4, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
disko is shorter in the ryanaire betting but gigginstown dont mind going mob handed in races so anyones guess as to which race he goes in 50/50 iwould say gold cup ryanaire although the odds might not reflect that at the moment
Report Ramruma January 5, 2018 8:40 AM GMT
Think he's a great price at 40 for the Gold cup, as an improving 6 yr old.

Seven-year-old.

I won't be rushing in, for lots of little reasons rather than one big one.

Ducking both races at Christmas worries me, especially as he has had a bad back in the past. Meade's comments about missing the King George because it was too hot a race make me wonder how he hopes to win a Gold Cup without meeting top class opposition. Disko might go for the Ryanair and the market and the way he has been campaigned both point to the shorter race. Stablemate Road to Respect booked his Gold Cup ticket in the not-Lexus (where Gigginstown had the first three home).
Report wellchief January 5, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
I think he'll end up in the Ryanair too. With a more positive ride than the JLT and a good prep run in February, I think he'd have a huge chance.

The Lexus shows Giggi have an army of 3m chasers (4 of the top 5 in that race) and nothing really for the Ryanair, so it seems likely he'll be kept that, considering his one run this year was over 2.5m too.
Report FOYLESWAR January 5, 2018 1:43 PM GMT
didnt realise disko has had back problems in the past ! huge negative in my own exp  back strains etc  can resurface any time and  anything physical could set the back out again ,even once simple tasks like bending down to pick something off the floor requires thought , was talking about more of that jonjos world hurdle winner who has back problems  to a poster on here who works with horses and he said its exactly the same for horses!
Report FOYLESWAR January 5, 2018 1:45 PM GMT
sorry about the lack of commas full stops etc ^^^^^^ have previous for it  !
Report sweet pea January 5, 2018 2:12 PM GMT
Thanks for the replies.

After he won over 3 miles last year, Meade is on record as saying he wants 3 miles on good ground and admits they ram I'm in the wrong race at Cheltenham.

He also references the gold cup as the dream....

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/disko-delight-for-noel-meade/59990
Report Ramruma January 5, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
@sweet pea -- I've read your link and do not think it is quite that straightforward. It could be read that Meade is actually turning down the interviewer's (unwritten) question about the Gold Cup. What he says is:

"Everybody would love to dream about the Gold Cup, but that's a dream on it's own. Isn't it great to have a horse you can run in a Grade One? He's won a Grade One by six lengths."

Of course that was then and this is now, and in any case we need always to bear in mind that whatever the trainer says, Gigginstown has the final say in where their horses run.
Report wellchief January 5, 2018 3:10 PM GMT
I was all over him last year mate, for the RSA and JLT (luckily both nrnb).

Its hard to say whether he was in the right or wrong race imo. He was given a very strange hold up ride by Cooper, even though he had the stamina for 3m and would never out sprint Yorkhill. Maybe he would of beaten Might Bite in the RSA but impossible to say.

Last year I thought the trio of Disko, Our Duke and Coney Island were top draw and was backing them all nrnb, but only Disko managed to turn up.

Looking at the three nrnb bookies, 10's for the Ryanair and 20's for the Gold Cup seem fair to me. Still think he's more likely to be in the Ryanair though because as you say, Giggi call the shots. 

Road to Respect and Outlander in the Gold Cup and could be either race for Balko and Valseur Lido.
Report The Dragon January 5, 2018 3:53 PM GMT
best price for ryanair is 16/1  which is a very competitive race
Report BornToWin January 29, 2018 6:50 PM GMT
Any info on this one yet?

Wouldn't expect this hiatus without a run unless there is an ussue.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 29, 2018 6:56 PM GMT
In a race against time to make Cheltenham
Report BornToWin January 29, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
Issue even, that is bad news.
Report sweet pea February 9, 2018 9:53 PM GMT
Noe Meade intends to run him in the Gold Cup, could be great value at 25/1.....http://www.offtheball.com/racing/What-we-learned-from-the-Dublin-Ra...
Report RozelKid February 13, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
non runner
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now