Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
15 Dec 17 17:01
| Topic/replies: 6,567 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
last years 1-2 nicholls canyon and unowhatimeanharry  are at the head of the market but unwimh is a 9 yo and its probably fair to say we know how good he is hard to see him improving at his age ,nichols canyon will have every chance but one i have never taken to, a fair price but one who interests me is hendos thomas campbell ,who looks to have improved for  the step up to 3 miles ,has won 2 staying handicap hurdles this season and is an up and comer at  decent price around 18/1 on here and 16s with the books .
now officially rated 158 with improvement anticipated he could be a fair bit shorter come march . entered in the long walk hurdle at ascot over christmas he appeals at the prices .
selection stayers hurdle ....thomas campbell 1 point each way 16s or better ............around 5s -6s a place on here for buttons but worth taking the crumbs imo..good luck sand as ever input and opinions welcome .
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View stayers hurdle 2018
Show More
Report buddeliea December 23, 2017 4:27 PM GMT
I expect Ncanyon to strip a lot fitter this time,and back to 3m expect a much better performance.
Think hes the one to beat come March,but agree AJ is interesting if she is aimed at the race.
No bet for me yet,but wish I had backed Sam Spinner a few months ago!!
Report buddeliea December 23, 2017 4:28 PM GMT
As for Harry,just don't look good enough now.
Report FOYLESWAR December 23, 2017 5:33 PM GMT
looks like i picked the wrong improving type in thomas campbell !
Report impossible123 December 23, 2017 6:56 PM GMT
Any supporter of Unowhatimeanharry would feel dishearten after his performance today. And unless too much use had been made of him he seemed to have regressed - he just managed to finish infront of The Worlds End. I hope Nichols Canyon can improve significantly from his previous run otherwise he could be going the same way as Unowhatimeanharry; I'm also waiting on the reappearance of Penhill the winner of the Albert Bartlett despite he being a charge of Mullins.

At the moment the two improving youngsters seem to be Sam Spinner and Beer Goggles. But I've jumped the gun and have backed Apples Jade for this race with/out the blessing of her trainer.
Report duffy December 24, 2017 5:27 AM GMT
NC sets a high standard, any horse that has class form at 2 miles and then goes on to prove his stamina over 3 has a head start on the outright stayers and he's proven that now, 7's looks very fair.
Report FOYLESWAR December 24, 2017 2:07 PM GMT
saw an article from a brighton paper ,tony bloom owner of penhill   said horse has had a setback ,cant remember exact words but its on the net if ya search penhill
Report easygold December 24, 2017 2:09 PM GMT
The New One, could be the dark horse this year...... it`s about time NTD steps him up in trip..... hopefully the two favs line-up in the C.H and that will surely encourage connections to take part in this event.
Report impossible123 December 24, 2017 3:46 PM GMT
Foyleswar, cheers. A six month sideline was intimated by owner about injury sustained whilst in training for the Melbourne Cup this year - the article was dated 13th Aug 2017.
Report FOYLESWAR December 24, 2017 5:10 PM GMT
yes thats it imp123 ,
Report impossible123 December 27, 2017 6:16 PM GMT
Get ready for Apple's Jade gatecrashing post the Squared Financial Hurdle tomorrow, I assume.
Report bluebirdfan December 28, 2017 2:30 PM GMT
Great run from Supasundae
Report unclepuncle December 28, 2017 2:33 PM GMT
Sad demise for NC and Apples Jade still on target for the Mares - totally understandable as well imo so please can those who have backed her for the Stayers despite connections previous comments not whinge about it.Cry

Given the above Supasundae looks the value to me @ 10/1 -though thanks to Lydia Hislop tipping it in her Sporting Life column I got 25/1 with Skybet a while back.Grin

Even half tempted to back Yanworth @ 20/1 as surely if he fails over fences next time they might see the Stayers as a better option?
Report DontBeSakhee December 28, 2017 3:34 PM GMT
I backed Supasundae today and availed myself 16/1 for the Stayers before the race. Bit gutted he got beat today, but was only beaten by the better horse who he shouldn't have to reoppose given Fez targets. No shame in being beaten by AJ.
Given that I backed Supasundae for the Coral Cup and when beaten at Aintree a length by Yanworth I'm kicking myself I didn't go in at 25 like uncle!
Report wellchief December 28, 2017 4:32 PM GMT
Took the plunge on Bacardys myself after he fell today. Two fails in two chases, but this G1 winning hurdler has a big race in him. Hoping they aim him at the Stayers and had my very first Cheltenham bet at 33's; likely to be money down the drain but you can always dream Laugh

Really tough race to get my head around at the minute.
Report impossible123 December 28, 2017 6:12 PM GMT
Commiseration to backers of Nichols Canyon. What a sad thing to happen to a tough horse and trier. RIP Nichols Canyon!

Looking much much less lightly AJ will contest this race after all despite getting up to win. But I was curious as to why she did not make the running per usual.

Could Yanworth and/or Finians Oscar run here? Both unnatural jumpers but slick hurdlers.
Report FOYLESWAR December 28, 2017 6:16 PM GMT
think the plan was by the harrington team to try to expose any stamina issues and not let her have an easy lead ,and it nearly worked !
Report ReaseHeath December 28, 2017 7:25 PM GMT
The New One needs to be running in the Cleeve instead of that 2 mile hurdle at Haydock he wins every year before finishing 4th or 5th in the Champion Hurdle.  Happy
Report wellchief December 28, 2017 9:13 PM GMT
Agree that it does seem a bit pointless putting him in the Champion Hurdle again.

Shows he gets 2 and a half from his Neptune/Aintree wins and with him being 10 come the next festival it's now or never for him over 3m.

Recent victories for Solwhit and Nichols Canyon should give them the incentive to go for it.
Report wellchief December 28, 2017 9:16 PM GMT
Plus Celestial Halo finishing second in the stayers at his first attempt at 3m too
Report impossible123 December 30, 2017 8:36 PM GMT
A bit of money for Penhill (18 into 12 here). Has he been spotted sprouting wings on the gallops?
Report sageform January 2, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
Sam TD said in his column that The New One is going for the Stayers. Beer Goggles form looks as good as any over the trip.
Report buddeliea January 9, 2018 8:29 PM GMT
Finian's Oscar is set to have his chasing career interrupted for a tilt at the Sun Bets Stayers' Hurdle – and he may not be the only one after it emerged connections of other high-profile stars are sitting on the fence about moving away from the bigger obstacles.
Yanworth is also under consideration for a switch back to hurdles in March, while fellow leading novice chaser Willoughby Court is expected to be given the option of lining up in the Cheltenham Festival's Thursday showpiece by receiving an entry. The £325,000 contest closes next Tuesday.
Possibly moving in the opposite direction is L'Ami Serge, although the French Champion Hurdle hero remains more likely to feature in the Stayers' – whose market is headed by massive improver Sam Spinner at 4-1 – than the Ryanair Chase, for which he has been entered.
Finian's Oscar had already been a best-priced 25-1 for the Stayers' and 16-1 with those firms offering a non-runner-no-bet concession having been defeated on his most recent two novice chase outings.
Last season he struck at the highest level twice over hurdles, most impressively when scoring by three lengths at Aintree. The six-year-old will first revert to his old job in the Galliardhomes.com Cleeve Hurdle on January 27.
Report impossible123 January 9, 2018 9:11 PM GMT
Indeed, if he wins the Cleeve Hurdle he'd be nearer fav for this race, I firmly believe. Similarly, Yanworth (McManus/Unowhatimeanharry) if he takes this route too. But L'Ami serge could go the opposite way eg Ryanair.
Report Can't Catch Me January 9, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
Tizzard hasn't done his reputation any good with the way he's handled FO this seasn has he. Looks like he has no idea what he's doing.
Report barnesey January 9, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
Thought finians Oscar ran a good race last time at Ascot 2 average jumps aside, he really stayed on well and looked like a step up to 3 miles and RSA trip would be ideal, No idea if he will be good enough to win this years stayers but personally I think they should have persevered with chasing I think he would of eventually got it right!
Report joevalue147 January 9, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
Got outstayed by Bacardys in Punchestown last year.   After Finians won at Cheltenham Colin said he has loads of gears and could be an Arkle horse.  Talking about fooking around a good horse. Simply astounded with the handling of ths horse this season.
Report impossible123 January 10, 2018 7:59 AM GMT
I'm sorry but some of Tizzard's running plans for his charges this season and last did not reflect the experience and acumen of a top trainer. I also agree he ought to have persevered with the original plan of Finian's Oscar for the rest of the season rather than chopping and changing on whims; the JLT, RSA and the Stayers are very open races this Cheltenham.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 10, 2018 10:20 AM GMT
He should of stuck with him chasing despite the fact he is nowhere near good enough at his fences to win any of those chases. Personally think he would have a massive chance in the stayers hurdle and it is the correct move.
Report impossible123 January 10, 2018 10:30 AM GMT
If Yanworth is rerouted here my money will be on him before others as he has the form and proven stamina; Finian's Oscar just managed to win over 20f in Ireland, if memory serves.
Report Can't Catch Me January 10, 2018 11:02 AM GMT
Not sure you'd be quite so polite about 'trainer's acumen' if it was Mullins doing this impossible. You'd have self combusted by now.
Report joevalue147 January 10, 2018 11:41 AM GMT
Impossible he got beat in Ireland. Have looked all over the winner Bacardys ran him down.  They never really gave the horse a chance over fences after his impressive Cheltenham win where he gave some good horses weight and a beating over 2mile 4.  All the media were purring over him after beating Movewithetimes.   Then Tizzards decide he might be an Arkle horse.  They didnt think there was too much wrong with his jumping if they were talking about running him in the Arkle.   They then ran him over 2 miles at Sandowm in the best 2mile novice chase ran in UK this year where he didnt perform at all. Now they are basicailly saying he is an out and out stayer.??????ConfusedConfused  Have they forgotton about the run in Punchestown last year?? They are making a complete b0llox of this horse.  Why they were not happy sticking to JLT route is beyond me. 2M 4/5F around Cheltenham was his most impressive run this year. Mind boggling stuff.
Report unclepuncle January 10, 2018 11:47 AM GMT
I've said before that Tizzard has 'little man' syndrome - loves being the centre of attention.
Report joevalue147 January 10, 2018 12:03 PM GMT
Clearly the JLT is not a big enough race for them to win.  Willie Mullins tends to disagree. (Vatour,Yorkhill prime examples)..... Gordon Elliott sticking to mares race to almost guarentee he bags a Festival winner with Apples Jade. It's not rocket science. Stick to the trip the horse has his best form over instead of guessing.  I doubt Alan Potts(rip) would be happy with the way this horse is being messed around.
Report joevalue147 January 10, 2018 12:06 PM GMT
In actual fact Colin Tizzard is quoted by saying something along the lines of that he'd like to win a race with more prestige than the JLT with Finian's at the Festival.   Says it all really.
Report harry callaghan January 10, 2018 12:22 PM GMT
hopefully by these comments, you can talk tizzard into changing his mind joevalue to suit the bet you have struck

at the end of the day the horse can't jump and it is the right decision to go back hurdling, hell have a chance to win one at aintree
Report Desmond Orchard January 10, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
It's the usual nonsense from Imp, CCM.
After Yorkhill gets tired towards the end of his seasonal debut in a G1 3m chase, he's nominating about 8 other options for it - including the Champion Hurdle! Yet Tizzard should stick to the plan with FO Crazy
Anyway, there's far too much written about both FO and Yorkhill (mainly by that clown) on here, so I'll leave it at that.
I do agree, however, that the Stayers looks wide open - however, one with a touch of class is TNO and he is apparently targeting it. The only concern would be if there are any further injury news regarding the champion hurdle market leaders, they might decide it's worth one last shot.
Report unclepuncle January 10, 2018 2:50 PM GMT
Presuambly they will aim TNO at the Haydock Park Champion Hurdle Trial race he has won for the last 3 years - even though he always makes incredibly hard work of it.

Then I guess his Cheltenham target will depend on the ground - genuine soft and I bet they go for the CH, good'ish and it will be the Stayers.

With all these new potential runners the Stayers will end up far more competitve than the races the connections are switching them from.Crazy
Report impossible123 January 10, 2018 4:49 PM GMT
'joevalue', you are correct. Finian's Oscar was outstayed by Bacardy in Ireland despite looking like the winner. The former might win a weak RSA eg without Yanworth or Monalee but would struggle to win the JLT because of the anticipated quicker pace and his none-too-confident jumping.

Thistlecrack should never have been targeting the Gold Cup last season when he was head and shoulders above the rest, and got injured as a consequence. Otherwise, he'd have bagged another Stayers title, I firmly believe.

I'd like to see Yanworth here more than any present fencers given his owner's other once gold prospect ie Unowhatimeanharry has been proven rather mediocre this season. Yanworth would have a chance 2nd to none, I believe.
Report buddeliea January 10, 2018 5:03 PM GMT
Yes,agree re Yanworth, and at 10 nrnb, a decent price imo.
Report Desmond Orchard January 10, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
I understand what people are saying about Yanworth, but he's just won a dipper (beating the fav for the JLT in the process) and despite the chat, I can't see him reverting to hurdles.
They're given a year as novices for a reason and that's to improve and sharpen up their jumping without having to compete against slicker more battle-hardened rivals.
He's always looked a chaser and from his bumper days the yard thought they had a Gold Cup horse on their hands - I personally was surprised that they didn't send him over fences straight after his novice hurdling campaign, but then they probably thought the champion hurdle had an easier look to it, I suppose he did start favourite.
Nonetheless, I'd persevere, he will improve and could yet have his day in the sun.
Report DontBeSakhee January 10, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
In terms of pocket talk, then personally I'd have rather seen FO run over 3m over fences as I have an AP ticket for the TAX. However, removing personal greed from the equation then given FO's jumping his last few races this is probably the safest option.

However as has already been said, CT has not done his rep any good. Bar running the horse over 4m and the flat it's going to have run over every NH distance and over both obstacles. To my mind that cannot be a good thing for the horse in terms of winning at the big spring festivals. At least with Buveur D'Air, despite changing codes last year, he ran over the same distance. It's a bit amateurish from an outsiders view.

Perhaps more importantly, getting back to my pocket. What will happen with Supasundae? I've got 16 for the Stayers and think he has (had?) a reasonable chance! With both the Potts dying (RIP) it's unclear now how things will work. I suspect CT would have been kicked up his backside were they still alive.
Report DontBeSakhee January 10, 2018 9:08 PM GMT
For TAX read RSA. Bloody autocorrect.
Report maelduin January 10, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
Supasundae is the Potts #1 for the Stayers at the moment. Can't see FO doing anything to change that. Even if he wins the Cleeve i see no reason why they would switch Supasundae. He's a really tough genuine horse and still looks to be improving rapidly. Well done taking the 16/1.
Report impossible123 January 10, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
As long as Cooper is not on Supasundae (Power/Harrington) your 16/1 voucher looks pretty solid  more so if Yanworth is an absentee.
Report DontBeSakhee January 11, 2018 5:05 PM GMT
I got 16, as once we hit Xmas, usually, if I'm having a bet I'll cover it with an AP for the Fes. Means I get a fair amount of crap AP bets that go down, but I do end up with a few that are reasonable. I did Supasundae in the Christmas Hurdle and he ran a stonker against AJ so the price collapsed.

Not worried about the jockey, will be Robbie Power regardless if it runs.
Report impossible123 January 11, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
Have you seen the Aintree race over 3m between Yanworth and Supasundae? The latter was moving better yet found little after jumping the last almost in unison.
Report impossible123 January 12, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
Something could be amiss with Unowhatimeanharry - he's been matched at 34 here with more on offer at 24, 25 and 26. Yanworth induced perhaps.
Report penny1939 January 22, 2018 1:03 PM GMT
You could be spot on with The New One... E.Gold..
Report impossible123 January 22, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
The money is pointing Yanworth this way, and Unowhatimeanharry is drifting like a barge. Is it related?
Report easygold January 22, 2018 7:42 PM GMT
Maybe Penny.... I couldn`t believe they have waited this long to have a go.... Grumpy Nigel finally gives in...
Report BigField January 22, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
Beer Goggles still looks value at around 16/1, with the horse due to run this weekend probably worth backing now as if it wins it'll go a good deal shorter
Report wellchief January 22, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
My long shot in this, Bacardys, entered back over hurdles (3m) this week. Holding out hope he runs and wins before a tilt at the stayers.
Report BigField January 22, 2018 10:29 PM GMT
Good shout that with Bacardys, definitely has the profile of one that could be in with a chance and there's no standout candidates so surely a year where an improving horse will be in with a big shout, especially for connections that won the race last year.
Report impossible123 January 22, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
Beer Googles is a mega 7/1 for saturday's Cleeve Hurdle and 38 (here) for this race. I think his win over Unwhatimeanharry in the Long Walk Hurdle has yet to be fully appreciated as he is not from a top stable. Finian's Oscar is 3/1 fav but was beaten over 20f in Ireland by Bacardy; Wholestone (4/1 2nd fav) finished behind Beer Goggles in the Long walk Hurdle. I think L'Ami Serge who has another engagement at Doncaster is an unlikely runner.
Report BigField January 22, 2018 10:40 PM GMT
Yeah was just looking through the Cheltenham odds on here and was shocked Beer Goggles was so big, was actually about to check the RP to see if he'd been injured or something lol thought it'd be 20s at the most on here!
Report BigField January 22, 2018 10:41 PM GMT
And definitely agree about the odds being so big because he's not from a top stable, also the fact that not many people knew of the horse (or knew much about him) - when a horse wins out of nowhere the general mindset is to say 'well must have been a bit of a fluke' rather than accepting one didn't do their homework fully.
Report impossible123 January 22, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
I think Beer Goggles has a similar profile and improvement as Sam Spinner yet his price is 7x bigger than the latter. How peculier?
Report DontBeSakhee January 22, 2018 10:53 PM GMT
Have added TNO to my growing portfolio in the Stayers this year. Was going to back him on the day, but on Saturday realised he won't be priced up anything close to 16 or 20.

I missed the 20, but took 16 AP and just hope that NTD doesn't change his mind again!

Given I've backed for every Champion Hurdle and most races he runs in, I'd kick myself if he won and I wasn't on. Mugs betting, but sometimes you just have to follow them.
Report sageform January 23, 2018 7:32 AM GMT
I know a lot of people discount horses from small trainers but I take more note of owners than any other factor and the owners of Beer Goggles also have Sykes and Ossie the Oscar so must have the resources to buy good horses. They have had 40 winners in the last 5 years.
Report easygold January 23, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
The form of that Beer Goggles race is poor enough.... and I hope he runs, he could easily force Sam Spinner to race faster than ideal and set it up for someone else like TNO
Report buddeliea January 23, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
To me this race hinges on Yanworth running.....or not.
Report Desmond Orchard January 23, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
Not so sure about that Bud. I've been a huge fan of the horse since his bumper days, but he's been really well backed at the festival 3 times and not managed to get his head in front. I'm starting to accept that he might not be good enough at the top level. Whilst the stayers is a race for slow horses, it usually gets won with an impressive performance and I'm not sure Yanworth has that in him. Something will win it and win it well.
Despite thinking all that about Yanworth, I quite fancy TNO Crazy
Report easygold January 23, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
I will say TNO will be a 7/1 shot on the day.
Report sageform January 23, 2018 3:30 PM GMT
Everything now up in the air after the sad death of Richard Woolacott. Will Beer Goggles run on Saturday?
Report impossible123 January 23, 2018 4:20 PM GMT
Very sad news regarding the trainer of Beer Goggles (BG) Richard Woollacott - he was only 40 yrs old (RIP). It puts everything into perspective. I've backed BG for saturday, run or not, that's secondary now.

I cannot have The New One (tough horse but well past it), and anything else apart from Yanworth (1st class chance); Penhill (if sound) and the unknown 7lb allowance mare La Bague Au Roi. Beer Goggles is a big price (here) and could easily run into a place.
Report buddeliea January 23, 2018 4:44 PM GMT
Des
I just think hes a 3m hurdler,and could well prove to be a darn good one.
If hes given the chance i think he will prove me right.
Report impossible123 January 24, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
Unowhatimeanharry is still drifting like a barge (50 here) with Yanworth coming into port at 12.5 - race plan made perhaps.
Report foxy January 24, 2018 8:20 PM GMT
hope yanworth does run in the stayers.
Report BigField January 25, 2018 12:10 AM GMT
Tomorrows race at Galway could be very informative, had the intentions of backing Bacardys for the Stayers Hurdle before the off tomorrow but with the weight he's carrying it'll be tough to win, and even if the horse does win, with that weight on his back and the likely harsh ground just 6 weeks out from the festival it could be a tall order.

However, I'll probably still back it for the stayers hurdle before the off tomorrow because if he does put up an impressive showing carrying all that weight then he'll probably be 3/1 fav by the evening and much shorter on the day
Report BigField January 25, 2018 12:13 AM GMT
Alpha Des Obeaux only failed to Thistlecrack at Cheltenham 2 years ago and its his first run back over hurdles for a long time having won this race 2 years back, 7/1 seems a decent price for tomorrow, wanted to back him for the stayers incase he runs a big race but cant see a price on here :(
Report BigField January 25, 2018 12:17 AM GMT
Diamond Cauchois another that might be worth backing for the Stayers at a big price but no odds on here :(
Report foxy January 25, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
good morning big field

i think you mean gowran Crazyagree a very interesting race i was looking at diamond cauchois  as a possible long shot for the stayers however he is not entered.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 25, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
Also took the 18s Bacardys (and the 5s today at Gowran).

I think one of the horses dropping back from chasing to hurdles will win the race so have ended up on:

Finians Oscar 50s
Yanworth nr-nb 10s
Bacardys 18s
Report foxy January 25, 2018 12:36 PM GMT
Barcardys non runner today
Report easygold January 27, 2018 8:18 PM GMT
The Impossible Dream....
Report impossible123 January 27, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Unless Sam Spinner improves further and Unowhatimeanharry is rejuvenated after a long break this race looks increasingly open. Let's hope Yanworth does turn up otherwise this year's renewal could turn out to be a non-event for the future.
Report easygold January 27, 2018 11:03 PM GMT
A non-event sure Cole Harden won it and the event goes on..... there is always some improver every year.... Strange negative comment
Report easygold January 27, 2018 11:05 PM GMT
The value in this event is gradually going I`m on TNO  at nice odds..... it will be around 7/1 on the day
Report buddeliea January 28, 2018 7:20 AM GMT
Not sure TNO is value,we dont know well he will stay 3m.Fair chance if he does though.
Report buddeliea January 28, 2018 7:45 AM GMT
If you think he will be 7 on the day, then yes current odds could be seen as value. And it sounds like you have bigger than current odds,so fair play.

To me a horse that has spent most of his long career mainly over 2m,tells me that although he has form over 2 and a halfm,they wanted to use his stamina to get home well over 2m rather than see him struggle to get 3m.
They have had plenty of time to run him over 3m during his career and declined to do so,and this could well be a hint of desperation,kind of last chance saloon if you like, as he gets towards the end of his career.

Then again,Solwhit and Nichols Canyon stepped up and won this race.
Report easygold January 28, 2018 11:52 AM GMT
Yeah, the the risk Bud, we know that... but it`s the way the race is going to be run... hopefully Sam and Beer line-up that will make the gallop for him and his class should see him well positioned turning for home and we know he battles on a track he loves.Plenty of form over 2m5f-2m4f so yes if he stays he should be going close to winning it`s as simple as that. The public will see this clearly closer the event but the value could be gone by then.
Report ReaseHeath January 28, 2018 12:18 PM GMT
Lil Rockerfeller appears to be completely overlooked. He has one decent win under his belt this season and would n't have liked the ground at Wetherby - you have to overlook his Long Walk effort but I think his stable was in one of their cold spells then. And he's still only 7.

Even if you don't fancy him, I'd love someone to explain to me why all the NRNB firms have him at longer odds than Finian's Oscar even after yesterday - just shows the impact hype horse versus unfashionable grinder has on the market.
Report sageform January 28, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
I would be surprised if Finians runs after yesterday. Looked a non stayer at 3 miles and not even good enough to beat those at any distance.
Report Deptford January 28, 2018 2:30 PM GMT
I have fancied Supersun for a while but its a conundrum until we know who runs, I hope Yanworth runs, think it would win it
Report Quevega06 January 28, 2018 4:50 PM GMT
SuperSun for me also. Think he'll improve alot for the ground.
Report impossible123 January 28, 2018 6:31 PM GMT
The trainer of Yanworth is very adamant it is either the RSA or the Stayers, but he'd need to know soon so that the beast could be prepared for it; the betting is suggesting more likely the Stayers is 14 (has been 12), the RSA was last matched at 38. Great chance if the final destination is here.
Report lewisham ranger February 3, 2018 5:54 PM GMT
supersundae now resembles banker material to me. good enough to beat faugheen, albeit a horse who is probably past his best. and his advantage over sam spinner is that he's also proven at cheltenham.

I really think he could absolutely dot up.
Report buddeliea February 3, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
Faugheen is certainly past his best,but still a good run to win over 2m for a  stayer,and has to have a big chance.
Bl00dy awful race for a Champion Hurdle though i thought.
Report easygold February 3, 2018 7:41 PM GMT
I think the 3m on the New Course will find Supa out.
Report impossible123 February 3, 2018 8:30 PM GMT
I was very surprised Supasundae was able to go with Faugheen from the off and then beat him in a 2m race, but clearly that was not the Faugheen we all knew. Surely, after Leopardstown today King and McManus must realise they have a star that had beaten Supasundae in the Liverpool Stayers last season and would have an excellent chance of winning this race than the RSA if given the opportunity.
Report buddeliea February 3, 2018 8:45 PM GMT
Lets hope so Imp.
Report Deptford February 3, 2018 9:23 PM GMT
They would be stark raving mad not to run Yanworth
Report GAZO February 4, 2018 11:55 AM GMT
Would be surprised if yanworth doesn't go for the stayers as the trainer said he entered him on his form at Liverpool and the horse he beat is now the favourite for the stayers
Report wellchief February 6, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
I have the stamina concerns for Supasundae too.  I'm not too convinced that Apples Jade is a 3 miler and he couldn't get passed her, and he also couldn't beat Yanworth at Aintree - does look to be improved though.  I personally think he's a 2.5 miler but we'll see - if he stays 3m then he probably wins.
Report BigField February 6, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
looking forward to this race the more I think about it, have backed beer googles before he lost LTO but really have no idea at all who's going to win! Won't have any more bets on the race and just watch with intrigue
Report wellchief February 6, 2018 9:33 PM GMT
Definitely mate, an intriguing race. Hasn't got the star names running through it, but it's definitely competitive.
Report BigField February 6, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
exactly and sometimes it's a race like this that makes a star, or one that throws out a random result......we may not know til Cheltenham 2019 :D
Report The Dragon February 7, 2018 9:25 PM GMT
penhill seems to be the quiet one here . won in style at 3m last year and available at 13.5 on bf . my money is down
Report impossible123 February 13, 2018 12:10 AM GMT
A bit of bite for Yanworth into 10 here from 17 yesterday. Decision soon or made perhaps.
Report HaylingBilly February 13, 2018 6:38 AM GMT
Alan King stated it was either Stayers Hurdle or RSA.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now