Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
simdog84
01 Dec 17 14:26
| Topic/replies: 7,416 | Blogger: simdog84's blog
RSA screams out for me, just doesn't seem to do anything in a hurry but seems to stay on very well at the end of its races.

With him being a hype horse should he go there you would think he will be a single figure price on the day no matter what he does between now and then.

Wouldn't even hit the frame over the JLT distance as would get left coming down the hill.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Yanworth Cheltenham Target
Show More
Report Middle_Of_March December 1, 2017 6:26 PM GMT
Think Willoughby Court would be better over the rsa trip too

I've always said Yanworth is overhyped but for me, he should be put back over hurdles. His jumping style looks completely uncomfortable
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 1, 2017 9:44 PM GMT
4 miler, like that other horse that nearly won the gold cup.
Report Can't Catch Me December 1, 2017 10:01 PM GMT
Stayers Hurdle for me. Just don't think he will ever jump well enough for a Championship race over fences.
Report bluebirdfan December 2, 2017 4:11 AM GMT
Agreed. If they had any sense they’d abort his Novice Chase campaign and aim at the Stayers
Report cyclops December 2, 2017 10:01 AM GMT
People rush to judgement far too soon. Don Cossack didn't have the most stellar start to his chasing career, yet learned his trade. Many others the same. Yanworth looks very much work in progress to me. He may progress or regress but why on earth would they change direction with him? He's just finished a close second to the Neptune winner, despite jumping errors and if I were his team I'd be taking plenty of encouragement.
Get him more proficient and then think about Spring targets. The only disappointed ones are those why hyped him up.
Report eric_morris December 2, 2017 10:06 AM GMT
Yanworth hits flat spots where he cant go the pace of the lead then stuggles to make it up. He may not be totally genuine. If they want him to give his best he needs to be up there with the lead being ridden extremely positively.
Report duffy December 4, 2017 4:55 PM GMT
Definitely needs to be going RSA route for me.
Report unclepuncle December 5, 2017 2:57 PM GMT
Next years 4 miler. :D
Report buddeliea December 5, 2017 5:13 PM GMT
Stayers hurdle would give him the best chance of victory next march imo
Report impossible123 December 5, 2017 10:17 PM GMT
But owner already has Unowhatimeanharry in the Stayers and no credible runner in the RSA, I believe.
Report buddeliea December 6, 2017 7:03 AM GMT
Very true,but makes no difference to my opinion.
Report impossible123 December 11, 2017 4:43 PM GMT
More substance he'd be running in the RSA. King: "He is fine and cantering away. I don't mind sticking at two and a half, but there is also the Feltham."

The Feltham (Kauto Star) is over 3m.
Report FOYLESWAR December 12, 2017 10:54 AM GMT
green and gold,highly rated as a hurdler ,   short prices in his novice chases ,  ,looking to have jumping issues ,underachieving early part of season ...................... cheltenham  march 4 miler, money down, jumps like a stag and bolts up .........................we been here before with rocco
Report FOYLESWAR December 12, 2017 11:14 AM GMT
^^^^^ they will probably go rsa but imo  the 4m would be right up his street...........
Report impossible123 December 12, 2017 5:48 PM GMT
4m prior to 3m for a horse that finished 2nd to Yorkhill in the Neptune after taking the scenic route? Too far fetched, I think.
Report HaylingBilly December 12, 2017 7:05 PM GMT
What about 4m for a horse that finished 2nd to Yorkhill in the JLT ? Whatever Tiger Roll can do I am certain Top Notch can do. If TN runs over 3 miles before March I am going to start thinking 4 miler for him. Now there's a thought !
Report buddeliea December 12, 2017 7:11 PM GMT
If Top Notch performs over 3m then with his class he should be in the Gold Cup.
But what he is at this stage is a 2 and a half miler.
Report buddeliea December 12, 2017 7:18 PM GMT
Wonder how much input the owner had in plans for Harry and Yanworth.
I would have thought out the two of them that Harry would be the staying chaser and Yanworth the hurdler.
Be interesting how it pans put over this and the following seasons.
Report HaylingBilly December 12, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
Just realised I am talking bO11Ox. 4 miler is for Novices. Sorry guys. OTT on the Gin early !
Report unclepuncle December 13, 2017 11:25 AM GMT
Harry is now way too old to be going novice chasing.
Report buddeliea December 13, 2017 4:56 PM GMT
Bloody hell he is 9!!
Did not realise he was that old.
Yes, you have a fair point there Uncle.
Report impossible123 January 1, 2018 12:26 PM GMT
Last chance saloon for Yanworth, I'd imagine; no JLT if he fluffs his lines again over this distance.
Report buddeliea January 1, 2018 1:25 PM GMT
All about his jumping today.
Think we will know the target after this race.
JLT,RSA or stayers.
Report impossible123 January 1, 2018 1:28 PM GMT
Still dodgy jumping, Gerragthy giving him a better view of the fences. We'll see......
Report impossible123 January 1, 2018 1:29 PM GMT
When pace quickens mistakes follow.
Report buddeliea January 1, 2018 1:34 PM GMT
Thought Barry summed it up well.
No Stayers now.
Report impossible123 January 1, 2018 1:37 PM GMT
Not sure, the anticipated quicker pace in the JLT could be his downhill. The monkey idled infront after going 3l clear after the last.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 1, 2018 1:40 PM GMT
be shocked if he wins any chase at the festival, does not jump well enough
Report buddeliea January 1, 2018 1:46 PM GMT
I mean no Stayers Hurdle(although for me thats his race).
The way Barry was talking about jumping better makes me think they will stay chasing,although no idea which of the two.
Gut feeling is his future is 3m chasing,but will that be this season?
Report impossible123 January 1, 2018 1:49 PM GMT
If any of his principal protagonists jumps superbly eg Willoughby Court or Death Duty Yanworth is very unlikely to win over 20f.  The Cheltenham hill - his jumping will not - is his only salvation to winning at the Festival, I think; RSA or Stayers, for me, but the bookies are split as to his eventual destination.
Report Fashion Fever January 8, 2018 10:05 PM GMT
would win the 4 miler on class but doubt they would ever go for it
Report buddeliea January 9, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
Yanworth is also under consideration for a switch back to hurdles in March

Makes sense to me if it happens
Report impossible123 January 9, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
Makes sense given McManus owns Unowhatimeanharry who has not performed as expected so far. Also, I think the Stayers this season is wide open with no one stand-out candidate. But 1st his trainer needs convincing as he was adamant the horse's immediate future was over fences prior to his recent win.
Report impossible123 January 18, 2018 7:23 PM GMT
RSA or the Stayers, but ironically his trainer has yet to be informed about which discipline at the moment; if his trainer does not know what chance do we?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 18, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
What's the problem? They have not decided which race he will go for and King said he will have a chat with connections about it as he needs to know in good time. They're not having a prep run so they still have time to make their decision and train him accordingly.
Report ReaseHeath January 18, 2018 8:18 PM GMT
I'm a little confused by all this - last week King was quoted to the effect that he asked JPM (Frank, AP, whoever) if he could enter Yanworth in the Stayers Hurdle and this week he wants them to decide whether to run in the RSA or the Stayers - not quite mixed messages but..

The comments about his prep, the Stayers' prize money and his form with Supasundae are all fair enough but I wonder if there is an element of King trying to save face after he said people crabbing Yanworth's jumping did n't know what they were talking about earlier in the season.

My hunch is he'll run in the Stayers - agree it's not a problem either way, you can back him NRNB if you're desperate to have a bet (although the prices are skinny enough) - don't particularly fancy him for either personally although he'd enter calculations in the Stayers on the day depending what else runs, especially if the ground is on the soft side...
Report buddeliea January 18, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Think he should be fav if he runs in Stayers,massive chance imo.
Report woodmanchester January 18, 2018 11:38 PM GMT
Not a fan of Yanworth but sure Willoughby Court would have been nowhere near beating him last time, even if not making the blunder, so cant understand why Willoughby favourite for Cheltenham. Might have something to do with possible, anticipated better going?
Report Quevega06 January 19, 2018 8:00 AM GMT
Also WoodManc I think Willoughby being fav is down to that's the race he will be running in. Cheltenham winners always come back year after year and go close.
Report impossible123 January 19, 2018 11:41 AM GMT
If connections opt for the Stayers he'd have a great of beating the rest on hurdling form, assuming he's not regressed since his time over fences; he'd also have a good chance in the RSA given it is 3m and an uphill finish.
Report impossible123 February 8, 2018 5:56 PM GMT
It's about 5 weeks to the race connections and stable staff must know where this beast is going, surely.
Report GAZO February 20, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
Going for the stayers
Report Cash Is King February 20, 2018 12:19 PM GMT
impossible123 posted on another thread three weeks or so ago that Yanworth was most probably going for the stayers. It was a good call.
Report impossible123 February 20, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
I'm so pleased especially for the horse, and a gutsy call from connections despite King reiterated Yanworth would stay over fences despite his fall at Exeter (I think); the betting market here was also swaying towards the Stayers, so insiders eg stable staff, did have prior knowledge, I believe.
Report buddeliea February 20, 2018 12:27 PM GMT
Been saying its his race all season,thank god they have seen sense.
Report impossible123 March 15, 2018 6:49 PM GMT
Did anyone think Geraghty make too much use of him earlier on? Apart from a couple of sticky ones his jumping was ok on the whole. Nevertheless, was disappointed he did not finish alongside Supersundae who probably would have won on a sounder surface, I think. But what a performance by Penhill, 1st outing of the season after an injury.

Unowhatimeanharry had every chance but not good enough.
Report unclepuncle March 15, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
He is just very slow and a poor jumper of hurdles or fences - you were told.

Same goes for Finians Oscar who you also seem to love.
Report wellchief March 18, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
Couldn't have said it better UP.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now