Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
13 Nov 17 11:00
| Topic/replies: 26,567 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
Making my first move in the antepost market this season and have backed this beast at 33/1 and 25/1 for the Supreme. I was really taken with him yesterday.

Lovely, big scopey type, who clearly has the natural speed of a flat bred, but looks like he has plenty of stamina as well. Although he fiddled a couple yesterday, I thought he was clever at them, and it was largely because they were going too slow. The faster they went, the better he hurdled. Looks tailor made for the break neck speed of the Supreme to my eyes.

The debut form of his first hurdles run behind Ex Patriot looked pretty decent after the latter's run in the Triumph, especially considering Mengli Khan was giving him 10lb that day. Looks to have really grown and matured since then, and will be interesting to see how Stratum does for the form going forward.

Have a slight niggle he might be at his best on genuine soft ground, but its normally good to soft on day one so hoping that wont affect him too much.

Obviously its a huge worry that ex flat horses have such a terrible record in this race, but he looks all over a NH type to my eyes. Quite excited by this fella! Next stop the Deloitte.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Mengli Khan - Supreme Novices Hurdle
Show More
Report bluebirdfan November 13, 2017 5:02 PM GMT
Would he go if Samcro does? It’s a nice problem to have for Elliot, his strength in depth with the Gigginstown Novice hurdlers this year is ridiculous
Report deepingfox November 13, 2017 8:38 PM GMT
Having backed SAMCRO for the Supreme at 20s, with the risk he goes Ballymore, Ivebtaken 25s MENGLI KHAN for the Supreme and the same connections. That way,I hope to have big odds on a shorty (whichever one runs) come Festival week.
Report deepingfox November 13, 2017 8:40 PM GMT
Both still big odds for Supreme for those looking at the same angle in the race.
Report Can't Catch Me November 14, 2017 12:07 PM GMT
Yes I did consider Samcro bluebird, but I think Gigg are more likely to run each horse in the race they think is the best option, rather than split them up to give themselves more potential winners, like Rich Ricci and others might.

They have so many horses, chances are they will have a couple in each race anyway.

But if this was what they decided to do, I personally think Samcro could step up to the Neptune no problem, and GE has said a couple of times it wouldn't inconvenience him. He has also said he is a Chaser and they will mind him, so I suppose there is always a slim chance he doesnt go. Whereas he was quite definitive on Sunday when he said Mengli Khan is a 2 miler.
Report Can't Catch Me November 14, 2017 12:08 PM GMT
Paddy into 14/1 already.
Report BornToWin November 15, 2017 6:17 PM GMT
That must have been me CCM Laugh

Back into the savage world of antepost punting, I have some scars but the odd daffodil can sprout from a seed.

Let battle commence.
Report bluebirdfan November 27, 2017 8:17 PM GMT
Supreme favourite Annamix out for the season
Report Can't Catch Me November 29, 2017 2:49 PM GMT
12/1 fav now.

Huge day for backers on Sunday in the Deloitte. Small but very select field and I expect the winner will be a pretty short priced fav for the Supreme afterwards.

Mengli Khan currently 9/4 fav for the race. Willie only runs one in Makitorix, who clearly could be anything.
Report Can't Catch Me November 29, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
Sorry, meant the Royal Bond of course.
Report BornToWin December 3, 2017 4:04 PM GMT
Good to hear Elliot say he is a 2 miler.

Just off to watch today's effort Joke Oral still showing 12s, that will be a palp best price 8/1 slybet so 7s really....
Report shockster December 4, 2017 1:24 PM GMT
Mengli Khan looked pretty good yesterday again and looks a worthy Fav for the Supreme. However, what did everyone think about the 2nd Early Doors. The mistake 2 out was really telling IMO and he may have gone close/maybe not but for the mistake. The first 2 were miles clear and I'm sitting pretty on MK but I've had to take some 33/1 on Early Doors as that was only his 3rd hurdle and 5th race in total. Looks sure to improve further.
Report Can't Catch Me December 4, 2017 3:36 PM GMT
Very pleased with that performance and the front two were absolutely miles clear, which is always a good sign. Top priced 7/1 for the race now. It does look like being a bit of a weak year to me and still think he's excellent price. Especially compared to the daft price of Samcro.

I wasnt overly impressed until after the last, but once again he just powered away. I really think the Supreme should be perfect for him, and was pleased to hear GE say he thinks he will be better on better ground, as thats my big worry.

Totally agree shockster. I was really impressed with Early Doors. Have had a small saver on too. First run against a race fit rival and his form has a pretty solid look about it. You'd expect him to be a lot closer next time, closer than the odds suggest anyway.

One of my other big fancies is Hollowgraphic for the Bumper. There was nothing between him and Early Doors in the Punch bumper last season and Patrick has given him a big shout and said he was a big baby then and they are keeping him for Bumpers again this year. Think their is still some 25/1 about. The form of that race is working out nicely.
Report Can't Catch Me December 4, 2017 3:54 PM GMT
Sorry forget that... forgot Early Doors had already had two runs.
Report willie the milk December 4, 2017 6:33 PM GMT
Yep I thought is was a pleasing performance and happy enough with my 25s & 16s APs. There will be tougher to come but so far so good☺
Report easygold December 6, 2017 12:39 AM GMT
I will be very surprised if good enough
Report unclepuncle December 6, 2017 10:08 AM GMT
Looking at the market it seems a very weak division this year and I'm surprised he is still available at 8/1.
Report Can't Catch Me December 6, 2017 10:42 AM GMT
I agree Uncle. Several at the top of the betting won’t even be in the race. I’ve backed Reel Steel at 40/1 and think he may well be the biggest danger. Had a saver on Early Doors after the Royal Bond. Nothing else in the race interests me really.
Report harry callaghan December 6, 2017 3:47 PM GMT
I will be very surprised if good enough

surprised you feel this way

i thought they might consider an entry in the champion hurdle, he is looking a very nice prospect to me and will devour better ground when he gets on it, not that i have engaged in a bet for the supreme but he looks a fair price to me
Report easygold December 6, 2017 10:26 PM GMT
I just don`t see it Harry, yes he has won well so far but Cheltenham will be different and I feel the climb to the line will be too much after running the previous 1m6f at a very strong gallop, the quirk he has could be the battle to the line. And regards to be better on good ground I don`t see that either he should be o.k on both but I don`t believe he will be a better horse because of better ground.

Opinions aren`t they just the best.
Report buddeliea December 7, 2017 7:06 AM GMT
Is he a soft ground horse then?
Report buddeliea December 7, 2017 7:14 AM GMT
I mean just because his form is on soft,does not mean he will go better when he has decent ground.Most horses go better on decent ground.
Report Can't Catch Me December 7, 2017 10:44 AM GMT
Nice write up form Lydia Hislop, in her excellent Road To Cheltenham series

Novice hurdlers

In a similar vein to Presenting Percy, I think Mengli Khan’s Grade One Royal Bond success was initially taken for granted somewhat. Unlike the odds for that chaser, his have not further constricted in recent days.

This was a deep novices’ event run at a good pace and the winner accounted for all rivals by upwards of five-and-a-half lengths in the fastest time of the day. His performance also withstood sectional deconstruction. In short, this was form smart enough to hit the frame in most Supremes.

Mengli Khan isn’t your archetypal Gigginstown recruit, having been a 96-rated handicapper who stayed at least 11 furlongs on the Flat for Hugo Palmer in his three-year-old days last season. Yet despite this background, he has grown to have the scope even for chasing in future.

Perhaps because stable companion Samcro has sucked out all available heat and noise from the novice-hurdling scene, Mengli Khan is still on offer at 15/2 with Betfair or 7/1 more widely for the Sky Bet Supreme. Let’s take that. I doubt many – if any – will be able to match the level of form he already boasts come March. He is clearly very effective on soft ground but sounder stuff wouldn’t phase him either.

Although the Royal Bond hasn’t had an impact on the Festival in the past two years, Nichols Canyon won the race in 2014 and prior to that the names of Jezki, Dunguib, Hurricane Fly, Newmill, Hardy Eustace, Like-A-Butterfly, Moscow Flyer and Istabraq have all adorned its roll of honour. In short, it tends to be a good source of class acts.

This year’s renewal looked strong and runner-up Early Doors is also a talented animal. He would have been much closer bar for landing in a heap at the penultimate flight but he gave stolid chase to the winner and pulled 15 lengths clear of his nearest pursuer. He’s progressive and shouldn’t be overlooked just because the winner brushed him aside here.
Report bluebirdfan December 10, 2017 8:44 AM GMT
Agreed on that, what price would he be if he was a Mullins/Ricci Horse??
Report easygold December 10, 2017 10:03 PM GMT
I`m hoping he will win again and then go a silly price so the pink button can be pressed in the Win and Place market
Report FOYLESWAR December 22, 2017 3:33 PM GMT
have had a few quid on early doors at big prices hoping he goes for the supreme ,beaten by mengli khan in the royal bond but untill the mistake at the 2nd last last it was far from clear who would have won early doors was keeping on well untill he landed in a heap but he was battling back after losing momentum and was then short of room when re- challenging the winner going to the last, at big prices he looks worth a punt ,winner is obviously  useful  but early doors has only had 4 races and has room for  progress. 30s +is too big imo.
Report unclepuncle December 22, 2017 7:28 PM GMT
Not impressed by todays novice hurdle at Ascot yet the winner with the ridiculous name (Claim something or other) is now 2nd fav.

Got to be some better ones yet to run surely.
Report bluebirdfan December 27, 2017 10:50 AM GMT
Whoever wins the big clash today between Mengli Khan and Real Steel goes clear favourite for the Supreme surely
Report HaylingBilly December 27, 2017 2:16 PM GMT
A disaster for all involved with respect to Supreme option/winners. Weirdly, probably best to come out of it was Mengli Khan who looked to be travelling very well before jumping out the side. Dont think they will be getting to the front quite so quickly with him again. To me he still looks the best option for the Supreme.......................I have a 16/1 ticket so am slightly biased !
Report impossible123 December 27, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
Have taken a punt on him after today's mishap driven solely by the price. The unfortunate mishap has not diminished his proven ability or potential.
Report unclepuncle December 27, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
Hard to be sure but I had the feeling that Mengli Khan was in trouble before his mishap.
Report Can't Catch Me December 27, 2017 10:31 PM GMT
What a mad race! Obviously hugely disappointing. I wasn't happy with him as soon as he took it up TBH. Didn't seem happy to be there... was looking around a lot  and didn't Hurdle as fluently as before.

Clearly a blip, but hoping the way the Supreme will be run will suit him much better.
Report irishone December 28, 2017 9:52 AM GMT
the one to take out of the race is whiskey sour
probably the best horse at galway in july
but two races in a week took it out of him
entered but missed the cesarewitch
a real stayers race
finished like a train at galway but not able to catch them yesterday
200 days off the track
albert bartlett beckons and will carry mybiggest festival bet
with luck like that !
Report Can't Catch Me December 28, 2017 6:21 PM GMT
I think Sharjah was the one to take out of the race myself. Would have beaten Whiskey Sour comfortably had he jumped the last imo.
Report buddeliea December 28, 2017 6:58 PM GMT
Yep,thought he travelled best of all and agree would have won comfortably imo.
Report unclepuncle December 28, 2017 8:05 PM GMT
Sharjah definitely travelled best but I wasn't convinved he would have won if the front two had both stood up.
Not sure the Cheltenham Hill will be up his alley - but a back to lay might be one route to go, though whatever Ruby chooses (if he is fit) will be the one to go for.

Guess we will have to wait for the Delloite before knowing the real pecking order.
Report Joist December 29, 2017 6:01 PM GMT
I backed Debuchet before his debut and will admit rose-tinted optimism but do think he shouldn't be given up on. He's the classiest bumper horse of the lot and had missed work in the build up to Boxing Day, he possibly did too much in front and made a mistake at a crucial time 3 out. I think/hope he'll improve a lot for that and still be a key player in the Supreme, the 33/1 post race seems an overreaction to me.
Report shockster January 9, 2018 3:03 PM GMT
Mengli Khan entered in a G2 at Punchestown on Saturday. Main opposition appears to be Getabird, Carter Mckay & High School Days.
Report impossible123 January 9, 2018 3:20 PM GMT
Interesting, have backed him post his mishap. And against Getabird my lost antepost bet last Cheltenham - this Cheltenham Death Duty, so far.
Report unclepuncle January 11, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
Still looks wide open to me so I've added Debuchet @ 25/1 nrnb
Report DontBeSakhee January 13, 2018 2:55 PM GMT
Clearly Sharjah is the mix somewhere, but Getabird was impressive today. If it runs in the Supreme it'll go off fav.
Report impossible123 January 13, 2018 3:09 PM GMT
Oh yes, Getabird was impressive beating a Grade 1 winner Mengle Khan so easily. The 6lbs he received from the latter was academic - he'd have won on level weight and with ease too, I think; 7/2 best with 'nrnb'.
Report easygold January 13, 2018 4:40 PM GMT
Mmmmmmmmmm..... should be back out to 25/1,33/1 on the exchanges soon....... LOL...... WEAK races it won, but opinions are opinions
Report unclepuncle January 13, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
Definitely very impressed by Getabird - can easily see it being under 2/1 come the off of the Supreme. Reminded me a bit of Douvan.
Sods Law that I had lumped on it for the Bumper last year.Cry
Report DontBeSakhee January 13, 2018 5:25 PM GMT
Easy. Although Getabird did beat a G1 winning horse 9 lengths with ease, ignore the other runners or strength/weakness of the race.

I am talking about the win on the eye (I'm guessing Uncle is saying the same). I watched it, hoping to be impressed and to my eye was. I agree it did appear quite Douvanesque.

Would have been a very interesting runner last year had it run in the Bumper.
Report easygold January 13, 2018 10:41 PM GMT
sAKHEE, U do know I`m talking about M.Khan
Report deepingfox January 13, 2018 11:31 PM GMT
Mengli's defeat today, could open the door for Gordy/Giggy to consider SAMCRO for the Supreme.
Report irishone January 14, 2018 3:10 AM GMT
dont think either will want a getabird v samcro supreme or ballymore
Report DontBeSakhee January 14, 2018 11:45 AM GMT
Easy. Ah, thought you meant Getabird! My bad! Whoops
Report Fashion Fever January 14, 2018 4:32 PM GMT
took some 4/1 getabird earlier at laddies 3/1 now, very impressed yesterday, can't have claim or cap

samcro doesn't look a supreme horse to me
Report bluebirdfan January 14, 2018 5:25 PM GMT
It’s a shame Mengli wasn’t a bit closer to stop them running Samcro in the Supreme, has to be every chance now. Getabird was very impressive on the eye, can see Ruby bounding out to make all and see if anyone can get past him; only concerns would be the ground and he is known to be very fragile
Report Forty January 14, 2018 5:38 PM GMT
LOL Blue but unlikely
Report the bloob January 14, 2018 8:47 PM GMT
any chance Getabird goes for Ballymore? Sharjah looks like a 2 miler, but Getabird will get 2m 4f, could they run both in Supreme? I wouldn't be surprised if they split them up or one of them swerves Cheltenham.
Report DontBeSakhee January 14, 2018 8:56 PM GMT
You've got Next Destination in the mix as well, albeit different ownership.

Could Sharjah be aimed at the County instead maybe? Mullins has a good record in the race.

Difficult to know how it would be handicapped, would definitely have finished first or second and looked like the most likely winner when falling LTO.

Instead has an F in his form. I'm not an expert in how it works and so don't know how much the handicapper will take it into account?

If not, essentially he'd be an unpenalised G1 winner. If yes, top weight.
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
Starting to look a sof MK was an early season type and hard to see him winning a Supreme now. Although the winner was sensational and is deservedly short proved fav for the race now. If he is the Supreme winner, getting beaten given him 6lb isn't so bad.

On him ew and could still seeing him nicking a place fingers crossed.

I think it's certain Sharjah and Getabird will be split up and Sharjah looks the key to the puzzle. If he wins the Deloitte well, it could be these two and Next Destination are the three Ruby rides and ND could yet go for the AB.
Report Fashion Fever January 14, 2018 11:29 PM GMT
people happy to take 4.1 on here, while 7/2 mainly available and 4/1 in a few places
Report unclepuncle January 15, 2018 7:55 AM GMT
But for the mistake at the last MK would have been an honourable enough 2nd so certainly no need to rip up your tickets.
Being a flat bred he might like the 'bouncy' surface they often get when on the opening day.
Report unclepuncle January 15, 2018 7:57 AM GMT
Unless we get extremes of going I can only see the Supreme for Getabird and the Neptune for Next Destination.
Report bluebirdfan January 15, 2018 8:17 PM GMT
But then what will Ruby have for the AB? I can see him and Ricci wanting Sharjah in the Supreme, Getabird in the Ballymore which leaves Next Destination (albeit different owner) for the AB
Report Can't Catch Me January 15, 2018 8:38 PM GMT
Thats how I see it too bluebird, albeit I think the RR runners will be the other way around.
Report easygold January 15, 2018 8:56 PM GMT
Sharjah, is not good enough for Supreme and Ruby knows that..... another weak finisher....
Report buddeliea January 15, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
To be honest i did not think their was any doubt Getabird would be in the Supreme.
Does anyone really think there is?
Report Can't Catch Me January 15, 2018 9:23 PM GMT
Depends what Sharjah does in the Deloitte I suppose budd... but you'd have to think it was highly unlikely he went anywhere else.
Report firstimevisor January 15, 2018 9:56 PM GMT
Budd,I would ask how anybody could be certain as to where Getabird will run?
Who would have expected Champagne Fever to line up in the Supreme?
Would it really have mattered one bit which of the 2  novice races Vautour and Faugheen ran in?
Couldn't Min and Yorkhill just as easily have switched targets, seeing as Mullins is still talking in terms of Yorkhill being a potential Champion Hurdle winner?

Mullins will probably have 3 or 4 runners in both the Supreme and Ballymore. He will keep Next D and Getabird apart, and he will split up horses under the same ownership.After that it's anybody's guess but if anyone thinks running plans are already set in stone then they don't understand Willy Mullins very well.
Report impossible123 January 15, 2018 10:58 PM GMT
No doubt after winning the Moscow Flyer in that fashion and probably Samcro targeting the Neptune.
Report easygold January 16, 2018 12:53 AM GMT
V.V.M & Limini ... Annie Power & Sempre Medici ran in the same races at Cheltenham
Report buddeliea January 16, 2018 7:09 AM GMT
Fair points FTV, i will replace would with should.

Big difference though this year,as the hot pot that i reckon will be in the Neptune is not trained by Mullins.
After the other day Getabird looks his best novice for the supreme to me,and all things considered i will be amazed if he aint in that race.
Report firstimevisor January 16, 2018 10:46 AM GMT
The point is, these horses are just as effective at several distances so we don't know where they will or should turn up. If there was a month between the Supreme and Neptune then all the best horses would run in both,and probably win both, but being just one day between them means they can only run in one or the other.

Faugheen won the Neptune on the back of a 3 mile heavy ground Grade 3 win, and after that was dropped down in trip.
Yorkhill won the Neptune(Mullins didn't train the hot pot) on the back of a 2 mile Grade 1 win.He is also going back to 2 miles

We know Getabird is effective over 2 miles but we also know he has the stamina for much further as he started off by winning a 3 mile point to point.
So nobody should be surprised who runs where because they don't have just one specific trip.
Report buddeliea January 16, 2018 12:16 PM GMT
Yeh I know all that.
I am just confident he will be in the Supreme. And confident Samcro will be in the Neptune with Next Destination taking him on. And imo after watching those mentioned horses that is where I think they should run.
Of course I don't know for sure, and I was amazed the other year when CFever ran in the supreme, but have to say rather glad cos I had 25 on here in case(sorry for the aftertime).

All this **** footing around, sitting on the fence blah blah.......sometimes you just have to live or die by your gut feelings.
Report buddeliea January 16, 2018 12:35 PM GMT
Having said that,i aint even had a bet in either Supreme or Neptune,but its those opinions I will have in mind when I do.
Report stormey1 January 16, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
Surely as it stands all running plans for Mullins novices revolve around how Sharjah performs in the Deloitte.
If he wins well I cant see any other plan but Sharjah Supreme,Getabird Ballymore and Next Destination Potato race.
Also considering this outfit love wasting entry fees its interesting Sharjah is only entered for the Deloitte yet others have multiple entries so do they think he is a pure 2 miler??
Report deepingfox January 16, 2018 9:38 PM GMT
Sharjah Defo a 2miler. You're right all depends on the Deloitte, and he will be clear fav for that.
Report impossible123 January 16, 2018 11:12 PM GMT
Who'd have a better chance of winning the Supreme, Getabird or Sharjah? Personally, most probably Getabird; Getabird beat Mengli Khan comprehensively but whether Sharjah would have beaten Mengli Khan had he stood up and Mengli Khan not ran out 2 out, one could not be certain.
Report Can't Catch Me January 17, 2018 10:53 AM GMT
Sharjah deffo a 2 miler fox? Not so sure myself.

His sole flat in came over a trip just short of 1m5f and he needed every yard of it to get up. Don't think he's have any problem stepping up myself.

Very tough to call which RR runner will go where imo. Sharjah will have to be seriously impressive in the Deloitte to be considered for he Supreme ahead of Getabird though. Especially as the Moscow Flyer has been such a key trial for the Supreme.

How impressive Sharjah is, might well decide whether Ruby rides him in the Ballymore and ND in the AB, or whether both Sharjah and ND take on Samcro in the Ballymore Id say.
Report deepingfox January 17, 2018 7:38 PM GMT
Agreed CCM. Can't wait for Dublin Festival. Cant be a better 2 days weekend racing in NH season.
Report easygold January 18, 2018 1:10 AM GMT
Sharjah........... who is this horse...... well like Khan a place LAY at Cheltenham.... opinions great to have.... but solid accurate opinions only allowed.... none of this weak so-called Graded contests winners.

But Samcro is different... the above Cheltenham not for them for sure weak horses...
Report duffy January 18, 2018 1:21 AM GMT
Really impressed with Sharjah, I think he looks like he's got bags of speed but would be slightly concerned about his hurdling, he backs off of them a little and his head carriage isn't the best IMO, he gives the impression that he's still green through his races. Getabird looks a bit more professional to me but perhaps Sharjah has the more natural talent. I'd be trying to see if Sharjah could stretch out to the Ballymore trip as the quicker Supreme might just be a bit too much for him just now, if I had the choice of taking one of them home though it would be SharjahGrin
Report easygold January 18, 2018 12:01 PM GMT
Not for me.
Report BigField January 19, 2018 8:28 AM GMT
I think Sharjah's jumping would be improved by the speed at which the Supreme tends to be ran, have the feeling said speed would also wear out the rivals late in the Supreme whereas Sharjah will still be cruising and show a turn of foot up the hill. Think I'll be backing the horse for the Supreme!
Report impossible123 January 19, 2018 11:51 AM GMT
I think it is fairly obvious Sharjah would have beaten Reel Steel had both not fallen at the last hurdle nevertheless, would he have beaten Mengli Khan - comprehensively beaten by Getabird giving 6lbs - had Mengli Khan not crashed out 2 hurdles out when leading? If so, as comprehensively as Getabird? I doubt that though.

I think Getabird is the horse to beat in the Supreme and he'd not be a walkover in the Ballymore either even if Samcro runs. But I think Mullins will choose the Supreme for him, and Walsh will ride similarly Footpad in the Arkle, I believe.
Report Fashion Fever January 19, 2018 3:34 PM GMT
Townsend was livid he hardly thought he was beat
Report maelduin January 19, 2018 4:11 PM GMT
Townend was livid cause he had seen Paddy falling and had just lost the previous race in the stewards room. Looked like Sharjah had it in the bag but very hard to rate the form even if he stayed up. The Deloitte going to be a poor race if Mengli Khan bypasses it.
Report Fashion Fever January 19, 2018 4:43 PM GMT
willie said on the RUK feature this afternoon getabird likely to go down the 2 mile route to aviod gordons horse
Report buddeliea January 19, 2018 4:58 PM GMT
no surprise there
Report impossible123 January 19, 2018 9:41 PM GMT
I was surprised to see Mengli Khan running against Getabird in the Moscow Flyer so soon after his mishap in the Champions Novice Hurdle and giving 6lbs to him too, thus do not wish to see Mengli Khan running in the Deloitte against Sharjah on 4th Feb. Also, connections must know how good he si and which race he'll be pitched in at the Festival.
Report bluebirdfan January 22, 2018 2:21 PM GMT
Claimantforaking entered up over 2m4 this weekend; perhaps the Supreme will end up at the weaker race this year
Report Quevega06 January 22, 2018 9:56 PM GMT
Was Mullins taking the piss he wanted to avoid Samcro?
Report frank60 January 22, 2018 11:00 PM GMT
Indeed
Report easygold January 22, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
Watch Sharjah-Real Steel and Khan race again..... I`m sure the people who think Shar... will change their mind if Steel travelled properly in the first half mile.. I`m expecting Steel to finish in front if they ever meet again.

And u already know my opinion about the overrated Khan
Report impossible123 January 24, 2018 7:59 PM GMT
Surely this beast is not running in the Deloitte on 4th Feb against Sharjah and/or Reel Steel. If so, 4/1 could be astute, but he could be a spent force come Cheltenham at this rate.
Report jfromthewells January 24, 2018 9:22 PM GMT
easygold
options are great in this sport and how people watch and read races is upto them
i reads the race the total oppersite to you.
In my option there was no point in the race that reel steel looked a better two miler than Sharjah  but good luck with your bets
Report easygold January 24, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
That`s very true.... very few contribute to the C.Festival but many read it..... nice to see your opinion. Fair PLay.... now that wasn`t too hard lads now was it???

I`m not a fan of Sharjah whatsoever at the Cheltenham venue maybe a different flat track maybe.
Report shockster January 26, 2018 1:45 PM GMT
I'm hoping Early Doors runs in the Deloitte to see what he's made of?  Think his 2nd to Mengli Khan in the Royal Bond was a really good run on only his 3rd start over hurdles.  Miles back to the 3rd and he made a real mess of 2 out and MK may have taken his ground going to the last.  He's still 33/1 nrnb for the Supreme and I don't think improvement is out of the question having only had 3 hurdle races.  The Royal Bond finish is worth taking another look at.
Report FOYLESWAR January 26, 2018 2:39 PM GMT
agree  shockster i backed early doors after that race as i thought he may have been unlucky !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now