Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Paterson92
30 Apr 17 19:31
| Topic/replies: 986 | Blogger: Paterson92's blog
Winner on the flat and over hurdles in France. She made a very impressive debut over fences for Mullins/Ricci at Limerick over Christmas, however hasn't been seen since. I assume this is due to a setback. Admittedly the form of her debut amounts to absolutely nothing but visually she looked an above average mare.

After Apple's Jade emphatic win at Punchestown, it got me thinking ahead towards next season.

Mullins will have a ridiculous amount of Mares to seperate next season, even without Annie Power. Ever growing list includes Vroum Vroum Mag, Limini, Karalee, Lets Dance, Augusta Kate, Airlie Beach and I've likely missed a few others.

I noticed Benie Des Dieux isn't currently quoted for the Mares Hurdle next year but if I could get a half decent price quoted, I may be tempted into having a few quid on.

Vroum Vroum Mag started life at Closutton over fences after winning a bumper and over hurdles in France. She then of course was brought back over hurdles and won the Mares Hurdle.

The fact that Apples Jade has now beaten Vroum Vroum Mag and Limini (albeit narrowly), it could be time for a new Mullins mare to shine in the form of Benie Des Dieux.

ps if it's not already obvious, I'm depressed the jumps season is over!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Benie Des Dieux - Mares Hurdle
Show More
Report Paterson92 April 30, 2017 11:20 PM BST
Been quoted 25/1 by 365, happy enough with that to fire a few quid on.
Report Paterson92 September 17, 2017 2:04 PM BST
Ricci also shared the latest on Benie Des Dieux, a winner by 30 lengths on her debut for Willie Mullins at Limerick last December but who hasn’t been seen since.

“Benie Des Dieux had a setback – it wasn’t a leg or anything that serious. She was so impressive on debut and I was looking forward to her coming back and running at Cheltenham. Of all my Christmas runners, she was the most impressive.

“She’s healthy and back and working well. She jumps like a buck and there’s a nice mares programme. Obviously, she’ll be in non-novice company but she’s a very good horse. She could be something special.”
Report maleuk01. September 26, 2017 6:29 PM BST
forum plunge?

go on ill have a tickle ew at 25/1

Grin
Report Paterson92 October 24, 2017 12:34 AM BST
Not the best of starts if Willie Mullins Stable Tour is anything to go by:

"She was very good in her first start for us last season, but she had a little setback after that so we decided to leave her off the track for the rest of the campaign. She’ll be ready to go soon in mares’ chases and she can hopefully progress up through the ranks."

Vroum Vroum Mag started her campaign over fences before reverting back to hurdles and winning the Mares Hurdle at Cheltenham - possibly clutching at straws but it's good to dream.
Report BigField January 25, 2018 1:04 AM GMT
I'll be backing her this morning at 20/1 with Coral, some firms have gone 9/2 or 5/1 about her which is ridiculous but clearly something has forced them to shorten so much - granted she is a general 14/1 shot - still, I'll take 20/1 about the filly despite her two impressive peroformances for Mullins being over the larger obstacles.
Report BigField January 25, 2018 1:06 AM GMT
ah just seen the firms going 5/1 and such are the NRNB firms, oh well, will still take the 20/1!
Report Ramruma February 11, 2018 1:47 AM GMT
BDD won a Listed mares' chase at Naas yesterday (Saturday 10 February). That is three out of three chases for Ricci/Mullins.
Report Paterson92 February 11, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
from Twitter ....

Irishracing.com Live @IrishRacing365 Feb 10

"She's a pleasure to ride and so easy to have anything to do with. She's so quick over a fence that she could do anything. She could come back jumping hurdles as she nearly jumps her fences like a hurdle." David Mullins on Benie Des Dieux, race 5 winner at NaasRacecourse.
Report BigField February 11, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
The horse is into about 12s on here now for the Mares Hurdle and out to 24s on here for the Ryanair, looked good yesterday over 2m though was evident she's better over 2 and a half
Report BigField February 11, 2018 6:40 PM GMT
can't back her until I know what race she's going to
Report maleuk01. February 11, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
cashed out no loss, wont be going back to hurdles I doubt.
Report BigField February 14, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
handicapping ;)
Report Paterson92 February 25, 2018 10:40 PM GMT
Appple's Jade 8/13 to retain her crown - clutching at straws but surely Mullins will at least try and throw a few darts at this race?

Paddy have the 3 Ricci mares priced up NRNB as follows:

Let's Dance @ 11/2 - flopped latest and well beaten by Apple's Jade previously

Vroum Vroum Mag @ 6/1 - not seen since well beaten at Punchestown in April after a close 2nd to Apple's Jade in this race last festival

Benie Des Dieux @ 6/1 - just give her a run Willie, you know it makes sense Grin
Report Paterson92 February 26, 2018 8:13 PM GMT
From Mullins ATR Stable Tour today ...

“I think we’ll go for the Mares’ Hurdle with her. She’s also entered in the Ryanair, but the mares’ race looks to be the one for her. She has plenty of experience over hurdles in France and we are happy with how she jumps them here at home. Everything we ask her to do, she does, though I was expecting her to win a bit easier than she did at Naas the last day.”
Report Paterson92 February 26, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
Now 10/1 best price on the back of Mullins comments today.
Report Paterson92 March 7, 2018 1:21 PM GMT
Vroum Vroum Mag not been declared for the Mares.

Apples Jade 8/13
Benie Des Dieux 7/2
Let’s Dance 13/2
La Bague Au Roi 10/1
Kayf Grace 14/1
Verdana Blue 16/1
Augusta Kate 20/1
Jers Girl 20/1
25/1 Bar
Report BigField March 7, 2018 8:54 PM GMT
jesus, should have backed this weeks ago at 10s and bigger for this :( oh well!!
Report BigField March 7, 2018 8:55 PM GMT
surprised they didn't opt for the handicap chase route for the horse at the festival
Report charwell. March 7, 2018 9:04 PM GMT
Why? She only has one opponent to beat. Looks v talented.............

Am on @ 6/1 :)
Report BigField March 7, 2018 9:13 PM GMT
because thought she'd have a great chance off her mark in the 2m4f handicap chase and she doesn't have any form over hurdles away from france - but the stable must see how she works over them over here so they obviously know more than us!
Report maelduin March 8, 2018 9:15 AM GMT
Her mark is too high for the 2m4f Chase. Will back her w/o AJ. Really can't see anything else to bother the front two. GL
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 9, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
Anything been said re Lets Dance anywhere?

Between the market on here and Ruby only mentioning Benie Des Dieux when talking about the Mares Hurdle I presume Lets Dance is not showing up
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2018 4:17 PM GMT
well done paterson good long term pick
Report Kingmambo March 13, 2018 4:20 PM GMT
Tip top tipstering.  Well done.
Report duffy March 13, 2018 4:30 PM GMT
Very well doneCool
Report penzance March 13, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
OP
hope you won enough there for a nice
break.
   wd
   GL.
Report unclepuncle March 13, 2018 6:59 PM GMT
Great shout Paterson.Cool
Report Paterson92 March 13, 2018 10:50 PM GMT
Thanks very much lads, certainly paid for a few beers! All the best for the rest of the festival!
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 13, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
Superb analysis, well done pat.
Report Paterson92 April 28, 2018 4:09 PM BST
Very impressive from Benie Des Dieux at Punchestown, wonder what they’ll do with her next season?
Report impossible123 April 28, 2018 5:02 PM BST
I'd like to see her over the Stayers and take on Penhill, Faugheen and Sam Spinner, but will she sharing the same owner as Faugheen? 7lbs pull could be the persuader, I hope.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now