Forums

Cheltenham 2015

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
OI OI DIXIE
07 Jan 14 23:55
| Topic/replies: 9 | Blogger: OI OI DIXIE's blog
I know this horse has been v poor this season and entry for the GC is dependant on a good run in Ireland next month but has his trainer given any explanation for form or reasons as to why he may not be firing? He was very bullish about him before the Hennessy but he hasn't lived up to the hype.... Yet
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Lord Windermere
Show More
Report sintonian January 8, 2014 2:25 PM GMT
Not read any..
Report dwm767 January 9, 2014 9:40 AM GMT
Easy to be very bullish first up off the back of victory in the RSA. Excuse for poor form should be a concession of the fact it was a very weak RSA. The horse stays but looks to lack class. If they keep pitching him at top level he'll fall to a decent mark and could be considered for the Grand National next year.
Report unclepuncle January 9, 2014 10:13 AM GMT
There's little doubt that last years RSA was inferior to the 2012 running - the Lexus chase had the first two from 2012 (Bobs Worth & First Lieutenant) against the first and second from 2013 (Lord Windermere and Lyreen legend) - the result is there for all to see. Hard to see the result changing in a Gold Cup Cheltenhma even on better ground.

Having said that I quite fancy Lyreen Legend at a big price for the Ryanair (assuming they have the sense to aim him at it), especially if Cue Card and First Lieutenant go for the Gold Cup.
Report barnesey January 9, 2014 10:18 AM GMT
Don't think this horse has a cat in hells chance of winning a gold cup, would of been beaten by Boston bob imo and beating the likes of lyreen legend and hadrians approach leaves him some way short of being  competitive in this years gold cup......... 33/1??? I might have a pound at 333/1 if I found a pound!!!!!
Report OI OI DIXIE January 9, 2014 1:57 PM GMT
Barnsey - slightly harsh. The horse doesn't have a rating of 154 without being half decent. Giant bolster is only 157 and look how he has performed in the GC over last couple of years. Okay, so I'm not expecting him to come to the last 40 lengths clear, charge up the hill with the jockey doing a handstand but it has a sniff and a cracking (in my opinion) ew chance.

I'm sticking by him.. GrinGrin
Report brandyontherocks January 9, 2014 3:05 PM GMT
This year i feel we have 3 high class horses who are capable of running regularly in the mid 170's. So Lord Windermere has to find at least a stone from somewhere to be anywhere near competitive.

The Giant Bolster did place in the worst Gold Cup since Cool Dawn's victory, but this years looks above average to me.
Report jasey January 9, 2014 8:02 PM GMT
I would just back him place bet only if you like him but for me he has no hope,can you give a reason to back him.
Last years rsa was a shocker 7 horses had a chance 2 out
Report Glossy November 29, 2014 12:01 AM GMT
Good shout Happy
Report buddeliea November 29, 2014 7:14 AM GMT
Dixie did well

Hope barnesy found a pound!!
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 29, 2014 8:20 AM GMT
CoolHappy
Report barnesey November 29, 2014 8:28 AM GMT
Haha thank you for bumping this thread back to the top bud!!!!!! No I didn't find the pound I still wake up in a cold sweat some mornings with the realisation the Windermere is a gold cup winner, strangest gold cup I've ever seen..........and I would like to be so bold to say he definitely won't be winning this years gold cup but after last year I'm keeping quiet ShockedGrin
Report buddeliea November 29, 2014 9:22 AM GMT
Laugh

Afraid I cant take the credit for that,glossy you can thank for bumping it back.
Is quiet funny though.
Yep,very strange race for sure, and I have a feeling next years will be as well.
Report OI OI DIXIE November 29, 2014 10:57 AM GMT
Very nice to see this thread come alive again. Grin

Again, I'm waiting for him to have an average winter - I'll wait for his price to drift and go back in for some more each way value.

Barnsey - if you find that pound, have 50p ew and when he secures a place come March you can come on here and thank me personally  Silly
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now