Forums

Cheltenham 2015

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
splinterboy82
12 Nov 13 23:04
| Topic/replies: 44 | Blogger: splinterboy82's blog
Entered on Sunday (17/11/13) over both 2m & 2m6f....
This beast is the one i'm most excited about this season....Mullins new superstar?
Took 20/1 Neptune - Can see this going off 5/4f after hacking up in Ireland all season prior to March 2014.

Think Moyle Park will end up being Mullins Supreme horse & Briar Hill heading for AB...

No need to wait until March when you can guess in November ;-)
Share |
Show More
Report Paterson92 October 10, 2014 12:01 AM BST
Bombshell on the way? Are you referring to Paddy Power's prices or something else?
Report bluebirdfan October 10, 2014 6:45 AM BST
Brilliant Childofmine....if you know something why not just say? Hopefully not out for the season
Report ChildOfMine2 October 10, 2014 7:22 AM BST
I dont know anything but ive heard a rumour that Vautour might be staying over hurdles. Whatever that means for Faugheen I don't know.
Report bluebirdfan October 10, 2014 7:39 AM BST
Would guess it means him going for the World Hurdle :( It's a real shame, Vautour looks a chaser in the making but I'm guessing they will have been schooled over fences by now so possibly Vautour has struggled
Report cufcno1 October 10, 2014 8:22 AM BST
I'm sure ricci said the other day that they hadn't schooled him yet which I find hard to believe,also faugheen won't beat more of that over 3 mile !
Report ChildOfMine2 October 12, 2014 7:00 PM BST
Vautour staying hurdling so World Hurdle now an option for Faugheen.
Report Smart Predator October 12, 2014 7:07 PM BST
Is that your opinion or has something been announced?
Report jetodd October 12, 2014 7:12 PM BST
Nothing announced as of yet. If it had been Vautour wouldn't be trading at 8/1 for the Arkle
Report ChildOfMine2 October 13, 2014 11:39 PM BST
Good info.
Report cufcno1 October 13, 2014 11:48 PM BST
Come on then tell us who you have heard this off !
Report stevo1 October 14, 2014 12:09 AM BST
Not the trainer for sure.
Report BJG October 14, 2014 12:11 AM BST
U would nt know em cufcno1
Report cufcno1 October 14, 2014 2:35 AM BST
Why cos they don't exist ?
Report bluebirdfan October 15, 2014 10:38 AM BST
Be such a waste if Faugheen goes for the World Hurdle. If Vautour isn't making into a chaser then surely aim the both at the Champion Hurdle originally. One could be injured etc then they wouldn't have a runner in at all otherwise
Report BJG October 15, 2014 12:11 PM BST
Indeed, hopefully common sense prevails!
Report maelduin October 15, 2014 7:17 PM BST
"If Vautour isn't making into a chaser then surely aim the both at the Champion Hurdle originally"

What, and expect Ruby to have to decide between the two? What a ridiculous notion. Rich "Blank Check" Ricci has given WPM/Ruby free rein and they'll exploit this as much as they can even if it means running Faugheen in the WH. Bring back the real NH owners who's ultimate goal is to win the prestigous races at Cheltenham i.e. CC, CH and GC. F Ricci and his "i just want to win any race at Cheltenham" nonsense. Go buy handicappers then you ****.

Rant over!!!!!
Report Slabster October 15, 2014 8:10 PM BST
If Vautour stays hurdling I'd rather see Faugheen go chasing than go the World Hurdle route.
Report deepingfox October 15, 2014 8:19 PM BST
If you cant work out the FAUGHEEN is a 2 mile hurdler, and VAUTOUR may stay over hurdles to, then man up and go for Champion Hurdle just like JP MCManus would.  KIV he had My Tent or Yours and Jezki both going for CH last year, and no-one thought it anything other than sensible.

This Mullins-Ricci stupidity is getting ludicrous, SELL ONE TO JP and lets see a proper Championship race.
Report Slabster October 15, 2014 8:26 PM BST
I wouldn't see the point in keeping two future chasers over hurdles if you owned both. Why not let one get on with things over the larger obstacles and have a go at the Champion Hurdle with the other.
Report cufcno1 October 15, 2014 10:11 PM BST
When seeing faugheen behind the parade ring after it won at Cheltenham it did not look like a chaser to me !
Report foolsgold123 October 15, 2014 11:08 PM BST
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lVNyyQWvbCc found faugheens bumper win if anyone's interested. Magic.
Report ChildOfMine2 October 16, 2014 12:23 AM BST
Ricci has his chaser this year in Annie Power!
Report cufcno1 October 16, 2014 7:14 PM BST
A tell ya what childofmine2 your info is **** hot !
Report McK30wn October 16, 2014 8:02 PM BST
ever think of opening up your on tipping line childofmine2 with info like that you'll be flying...
Report bluebirdfan October 16, 2014 9:17 PM BST
Great info Childofmine
Report wellchief October 16, 2014 9:47 PM BST
Haha Laugh
Report smOOOOooth as Chocolate! October 16, 2014 10:10 PM BST
Faugheen will run in the Champion Hurdle and WIN it! 9/2 will look good at the end of the day!!
Report ChildOfMine2 October 17, 2014 9:17 AM BST
Bloody Willie :(
Report Paterson92 October 21, 2014 6:41 PM BST
Now 7/2 ante post fav, crazy scenes! What price does everyone think he will go off at (assuming all goes well between now and 10th March)?
Report cufcno1 October 22, 2014 1:28 AM BST
7-4 if not losing until ch
Report siralex October 22, 2014 10:07 PM BST
My biggest ever ante post bet at 16's 12's 8's and 5's. Would  equal  my biggest ever win.
Report Harvester October 23, 2014 12:41 PM BST
got Faugheen at 35.0 on betfair for Churdle after the festival.. learnt to ignore anything Mullins says about his horses!
Report Paterson92 November 16, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
BUMP ... don't think it's fair the 2015 Champion Hurdle winner thread is so far down the list!
Report woodmanchester November 17, 2014 9:09 AM GMT
Faugheen for me too but got little bet 80/1 Hurricane Fly also
Report cufcno1 November 17, 2014 2:17 PM GMT
Might run over 2 mile 3 at ascot on Saturday,would have loved it to have run at haydock against the cart horse over 2 mile
Report brandyontherocks November 17, 2014 11:17 PM GMT
CHAMPION HURDLE favourite Faugheen has been pencilled in to make his eagerly anticipated return to action in Saturday's Grade 2 Coral Hurdle at Ascot.

Boasting an unbeaten record, Faugheen justified favouritism in last season's Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham but it was his 12-length obliteration of Grade 1 rivals at Punchestown in April that propelled him to the head on the Stan James Champion Hurdle Market.

Trainer Willie Mullins and owners Rich and Susannah Ricci will be bidding for back-to-back wins in the 2m3½ event after crack mare Annie Power handed out a five-length drumming to Zarkandar last year.

"I'll go through the entries for the Ascot race before making a final decision but the intention is to run Faugheen on Saturday," said Mullins. "It looks a nice race in which to start off his season."

Faugheen's entry provides a timely boost to the race and its sponsors, who were angered with the announcement in September that Haydock was to run a new £100,000 class two weight-for-age race over two miles on the same afternoon.

Among Fugheen's potential rivals are Champion Hurdle seventh Melodic Rendezvous and exciting four-year-old filly Aurore D'estruval, who turned her last race at Wetherby into a procession at the start of the month.

Also among 11 five-day entries are Cheltenham Festival winner Lac Fontana, who followed up his win in the County Hurdle with Grade 1 success at Aintree.

Nicky Henderson could run Blue Fashion, while Gordon Elliott has Coral Cup third Bayan engaged.

Coral Hurdle betting
Paddy Power: 4-9 Faugheen,5 MelodicRendezvous,6 LacFontana,7 BlueFashion,12 AuroreD'Estrival,16 Bayan, 20 Hint Of Mint, 25 Ballyglasheen, 33 First Avenue, 66 Fair Dilemma, 200 Houseparty
Report Can't Catch Me November 21, 2014 10:43 PM GMT
Boyles go 4-1 he wins tomorrow and the Champion.
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 10:32 AM GMT
Hardly a massive carrot that. Welchers.
Report Paterson92 November 22, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
Both nervous and excited to see the machine back in action today!
Report Can't Catch Me November 22, 2014 1:47 PM GMT
It will look ok when he hoses up today though Sint!
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 1:59 PM GMT
4/1 will never look ok in my eyes CCM. He's going to have another 3 or 4 races after today before March!
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 2:44 PM GMT
People knock TNO's jumping but Faugheen aint much better, if at all imo.
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 2:45 PM GMT
Slow pace here tho..
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 2:50 PM GMT
Can't be having him over 2m on Good personally. He's like Oscar Whiskey in regards the trip, caught between 2m and 3m for his best distance.
Report duffy November 22, 2014 2:53 PM GMT
One thing noticeable today was that although they crawled, he seems to have learned to settle much better.
Report duffy November 22, 2014 2:55 PM GMT
For all the prep runs he will have between now and march, the one big question mark against him will only be answered on the day itself, how much ground will he lose and how will it affect him if and when he whacks one going that much quicker.
Report Wicketd November 22, 2014 3:19 PM GMT
not like oscar whiskey at all imo. two miles absolutely fine.
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 4:15 PM GMT
based on what Wicket? His novice run at Pumchestown?
Report dj876 November 22, 2014 4:17 PM GMT
What did today tell us that we didn't already know ? (apart from his well being)

Yes he's a machine and there is no doubt at all that Ruby will ride him in March but it's all about prices and 9/4 is not value this far out when he hasn't really jumped at championship speed over 2 miles yet ??

Champion Hurdle doesn't look as competitive this year with three clear form horses,the defending champion continues to be underestimated to an extent and will be trained to peak in March for his third consecutive festival win,seems to be a spring horse also. Very difficult not to see Jezki in the frame and more juice in his price. (6/1 EW)
Report Wicketd November 22, 2014 5:03 PM GMT
just my opinion sint based on what we've seen.

i think he's a far better horse than OW. The way he came back on the bit after two blunders in the neptune was so impressive.

his 2 mile trouncing was impressive, wasnt as if he run them into the ground either, still cruising turning in and just extended.

why do you think he's like OW in regards distance?
Report Wicketd November 22, 2014 5:04 PM GMT
just to add, i think less of mullins campaigning horses over odd trips than anyone else.
Report Paterson92 November 22, 2014 5:16 PM GMT
Of course 5/2, 9/4 and 2/1 currently available isn't value but there's no one here backed him at that price - the current odds are just typical vermin bookies doing what they do best. The ante post days have changed, in my opinion for the worst, but it's the same for everyone. In my opinion, those who took anything from 4/1+ is value. Plenty of negative comments about Faugheen in the past and they will continue to come. People seem more obsessed about ensuring "Jezki is not underestimated" in this forum than appreciating the fact that Faugheen is potentially a superstar.

Yes, we know Jezki is the defending champion. Yes, we know some people don't give him the credit he deserves but there are many who do. And yes, we know Jezki will be ready to go come March, this isn't breaking news. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have taken Jezki's defeat by The Fly as a shock. He will be ready to go come March and the current prices will look big on the day but for what he achieved in the lead up to last years festival and what he has done so far this season ... why should he be any shorter?

The New One for me is Faugheen's biggest danger and done nothing wrong in his victory today. I look forward to a great race on March 10th.
Report unclepuncle November 22, 2014 5:17 PM GMT
TNO simply isn't fast enough imo so the only real danger to Fuagheen is Jezki now that MTOY is ruled out. 5/2 isn't that bad a price but if I could be sure Gerraghty was going to be on board Jezki I'd be lumping on e/w at 6/1 but with McCoy likely to be on board I will leave him.
Report Paterson92 November 22, 2014 5:20 PM GMT
Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones who were shrewd enough to take 16/1 on Faugheen before his Punchestown win in April but I have backed him from 6/1 down to 3/1. This may not be some peoples kind of bet but in my opinion it's a 3 horse race!
Report dj876 November 22, 2014 5:29 PM GMT
Paterson92

What certainly wouldn't be my type of bet is winning distance markets,and then to exacerbate it distance markets with four variables and a 125% O/R ?
Did you get stuck into Faugheen to win by 8 lengths or more today at 7/4 as you suggested on the main forum?

Anyone with half a brain (to borrow your phrase) does not punt in the above markets.
Report SoYouThink November 22, 2014 7:05 PM GMT
I think anyone who thinks this is a 3 horse race this early in the season has to be a newcomer to betting. How many times have outsiders upset the favorites in these races - I can't see why people are ruling out a horse like Hurricane Fly either. Beaten by 3 horses last season and 1 of those is now out for the season and the other he beat at Punchestown last week !! When you look at the form literally he has to be a contender. Likewise Faugheen a contender but he's not miles better than everyone else on form to-date.
Report Joist November 22, 2014 7:07 PM GMT
Comparison with Oscar Whiskey is as baffling as it is wide of the mark. This beast is in a different league to OW imo, based on not much more than just visual impression, but I don't think I've seen a horse hit two crucial flights in a Festival race and be hard on the snaff after both, then brutalize good horses over the minimum trip at Punchestown by simply being far too quick for them. He'll be a monster in a CH. Similar to Kauto Star, I think Faugheen can be  that rare blend of top class at both 2m and in time, 3m.
Report SoYouThink November 22, 2014 7:14 PM GMT
Is Faugheen going to run in the Christmas Hurdle now or does anyone know the plan for him?

I presume they'll be looking to keep him apart from Hurricane Fly for the 2 G1's at Leopardstown.

Also curious Mullins opted for the Grade 2 Ascot Hurdle rather than wait for the Grade 1 Hatton's Grace. Is this a sign that he is preparing the horse for future trips to England. Or maybe he intends on taking an Annie Power type route to Cheltenham running in easy races.

If he misses Kempton then I would suggest he'll turn up at Cheltenham having not run in a G1 this season and his backers will have to make an argument against the "beat nothing" brigade.
Report Wicketd November 22, 2014 7:37 PM GMT
completely agree joist
Report Can't Catch Me November 22, 2014 7:41 PM GMT
Have to agree. Lack of pace wouldn't be remotely a worry for me as a Faugheen backer.

It definitely looks like being a poor renewal this time around and the obvious three look well ahead of the rest.
Report stevo1 November 22, 2014 9:41 PM GMT
Lets hope they grow some and take on The New One next month at Cheltenham, but im sure they wont which would be a shame.
Report Joist November 22, 2014 9:52 PM GMT
Ricci talking quite positively about Kempton from what I read on Sporting Life. He pays the bills and keeps the yard stocked with ridiculous talent, it could well be Kempton imo Cool
Report SoYouThink November 22, 2014 9:56 PM GMT
Kempton is the logical choice because 1. If they don't run there, they won't have competed in a G1 before Cheltenham (assuming the plan is to keep him and Hurricane Fly apart) and 2. What else runs there? TNO must be 50/50 with the Bula Hurdle less than 2 weeks before.
Report Arklearkle November 22, 2014 10:13 PM GMT
My understanding is that TNO's next target was the Bula/International which would mean there might not be that much quality in the Kempton race. Also what will run in the Fighting Fifth. More races than horses. Possibles I supposeinclude Vanitex, Arctic Fire, Annie and Irving - £56K to the winner!!!
Report SoYouThink November 22, 2014 10:17 PM GMT
I reckon Annie Power is more likely to stay in Ireland for the Hatton's Grace. I agree more races than horses.
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 10:17 PM GMT
It is quite clear I said he is like OW with regards trip. Everyone remembers NJH going on about a Grade 1 hurdle race over 20f for the festival. He was ''caught between two stools'' or whatever the fricking saying is. In terms of raw ability I agree Faugheen looks and probably well is superior.
Report Joist November 22, 2014 10:31 PM GMT
By the way, I didn't mean to be rude, Sint. I think it's as you say - that Faugheen is superior and so doesn't have that same quandary regarding trip, because IMO he looks like a top class 2m prospect whose class saw him win over 3m in Limerick. Let's not forget how well trod the path is by great 2m hurdlers from the Neptune!
Report sintonian November 22, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
No worries Joist! I'm a fan of the horse, who isn't?! Just not sure about 2m for him atm.
Report Joist November 22, 2014 10:50 PM GMT
It's going to be one of the real fascinations of the season, seeing how Faugheen develops and whether he does cut it as a Champion Hurdler. I've rarely been so bullish on a punt for the Festival at this stage, but those tend to be the most likely ones to end in tears for me CryHappy
Report Masterminded November 23, 2014 1:24 AM GMT
Very little depth to this years race for me. I see people moaning about his price but I can only see it getting shorter. Jezki & TNO to beat but after that where are the challengers coming from? Annie Power could be one but she'll probably run in the mares, I don't know if they will even send the Fly to Chelt this year... After that you are looking at Sign Of A Victory Purple Bay or Vaniteux improving from handicap level but right now their form isn't anywhere close to the required level.

Maybe I'm being overconfident but if he stays fit and well from now until March I see him going off very short on the day.
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 8:26 AM GMT
dj876 thanks for taking a keen interest in what I do, but for your information I did not place a single bet yesterday. I'll admit, the Coral offer of 6+ lengths was appealing but when I saw the ground it was a no brainer really.

SoYouThink everyone is entitled to their opinion but rather than looking at the history book, from the forecasted lineup for the race in March, which horse outwith the top 3 in the betting could potentially be a threat? After Faugheen, The New One and Jezki we have Hurricane Fly - unlikely to compete in the Champion Hurdle again, as much as I would like to see that. Next you have Annie Power - staying hurdling but looks as though she's a certainty for the Mares Hurdle, hope I'm wrong as I would like to see her elsewhere. Next we have Vaniteux - the only horse outwith the top 3 in the market I like here, has good form to back it up and will be better for that run last week and on better ground, I've actually had a few quid each way on him at 33/1. Next we have Sign Of A Victory - won going away last time but what has he beaten? Henderson said it himself it's Vaniteux or nothing for the Champion Hurdle. Next we have Irving - people making too many excuses for him it seems. Fair enough he came back not right after the Supreme but that last run didn't suggest to me he is Champion Hurdle material. Again, he may have needed the run and better ground but has a lot of proving to do between now and March. Next we have Josses Hill - almost certain to go chasing. Then we have the likes of Zamdy Man, Tiger Roll, Garde La Victoire, Analifet etc - wouldn't be backing any of those personally but each to their own. Vaniteux is the only horse outwith the top 3 I would see as a potential danger - and hopefully come March history doesn't repeat itself eh?
Report willie the milk November 23, 2014 11:41 AM GMT
I aint trawled through all the posts so appologies is someone has already commented.
I can't get out my head the fact that Faugheen won over 3mls last season on deep ground at Limerick. What was the last Champion Hurdler to do that? I can't think of any. I'm not doubting his ability but will he possess the speed to win a champion???
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 12:00 PM GMT
"Bad placement from trainer" was the reply to that one I'm sure, willie the milk.

It does seem a strange move now that we are looking back on it and no I can't from the top of my head remember the last Champion Hurdler to do so. However, as he was a novice and had such a strong novice division Willie perhaps wanted to assess all options before making a decision on their future? Think it's irrelevant to what he may being aimed at now but at least we know he stays 3 miles+ should he ever decide to go chasing with him in the future ...
Report wellchief November 23, 2014 12:03 PM GMT
Faugheen no doubt looked great in the Neptune, but that looked a pretty poor renewal, although to be fair a lot of them haven't run yet this season.

Backing Faugheen on the back of one end of season novice hurdle at Punchestown is quite risky imo.

I don't think he's faced a "proper" opponent yet (although that may sound stupid having won a Neptune), so TNO or Jezki for me for now, as they've proved it before and still have time on their side.

....queue the abuse!
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 12:12 PM GMT
Certainly won't be receiving any abuse from me Wellchief, it's a more than valid point you make. Unfortunately, Willie Mullins does not dive in too early and run against the big guns. There is no doubt Faugheen has been visually impressive so far, he's done everything asked of him so far and in my opinion, still improving. Let's not forget The New One and Jezki had to start somewhere as well, albeit they ran into arguably better horses long before Faugheen will, but that's just the way Willie plays his cards.

I assume Faugheen will have one more run this side of Christmas before meeting Jezki at Leopardstown in January. If he beats Jezki and beats him well, surely people will start to believe?
Report SoYouThink November 23, 2014 12:16 PM GMT
Paterson92 do you think Faugheen will take on Hurricane Fly in January, I very much doubt it myself. Hurricane Fly has won the last 4 renewals of this race and will be bidding to make history by breaking Istabraq's record.  Faugheen won't be getting in his way.
Report wellchief November 23, 2014 12:32 PM GMT
Yep, totally agree that he can only beat whose put in front of him, and if you read through this thread last year I was very keen in him in the Neptune.

I have no doubt he will a force in the Champion but even when the Fly was in his peak, I don't ever remember him being this short at this stage, and Faugheen hasn't had anywhere near the same level of performance.

Will be a small bet on the day for me (apart from my Vaniteaux and Irving bets, if which I've pretty much written off the latter).
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 12:42 PM GMT
SoYouThink, The Fly has his 20 Grade One wins now and at his age, there's now the possibility he will be upped in trip. Certainly seems to be growing chat of that happening anyway. But no, you're right, if The Fly remains over 2m then Faugheen will not get in his way vs Jezki.

Wellchief, I couldn't agree with you more that his price is far too short but unfortunately that's the way ante post markets are going these days, it's a dying breed and is getting worse every year. Having said that, what more do we expect from vermin bookies who close accounts within 3 bets with no explanation as to why or jump on the phone to their traders if you dare walk into a bookies holding a 3 figure sum?
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 12:47 PM GMT
I also believe prices of horses such as Allez Columbieres at 10/1 is laughable. How can they justify a price like that on a horse thats never stepped foot on an English or Irish racecourse never mind junped a hurdle. But again, that's just the way the industry is going. It's also to prevent another "Mullins accumulator" year where potentially there could be several multiples awaiting Faugheen's run in the Champion Hurdle.
Report Wicketd November 23, 2014 1:08 PM GMT
who do they have to justify it to?

mullins won the supreme last two years, has a horse unbeaten in bumpers when completing and is subject to these kind of reports:

" Allez Colombieres won three out of four bumpers and was the champion three-year-old bumper horse in France last year. He's one I'm really looking forward to and hopefully he'll be going to the highest level in novice hurdles."

from an owner who has a wealth of talented horses.

what price would you expect?
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 2:12 PM GMT
What price I want and what price I expect are two different things. Should someone wish to wait until he makes his hurdle debut we are looking at 5/1 and shorter. Not the best example but Annie Power was still 10/1 for the Champion Hurdle after she had just beaten an Aintree Hurdle winner in the Coral Hurdle. People have different views and opinions on what they see as value and like yourself, are entitled to their opinion.
Report Wicketd November 23, 2014 2:23 PM GMT
but you say things like how can they justify a price. why do they need to do this? yes, i am aware that value is opinion.

point im making is you have to take cover in these situations. you'd be stupid not to.
Report Paterson92 November 23, 2014 2:32 PM GMT
Of course they take cover, they're not willing to take any risks and it's just getting progressively worse. Ante post betting is a joke these days unfortunately.
Report duffy November 23, 2014 5:03 PM GMT
Just watching vautour and faugheen again from last years festival I can't help feeling what a crying shame it is that vautour isn't being campaigned for the CH this year, for me his performance was infinitely more impressive than faugheen's, better jumping at a far better pace that took ground out of his rivals, faugheen negotiates his hurdles without really benefitting from them, his mistakes weren't punished because the race pace was that much slower and he was surrounded by simply inferior horses.......vautour by all accounts is a far more impressive looking horse and it is perhaps this versatility that means he must move aside.
Report SoYouThink November 23, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
faugheen negotiates his hurdles without really benefitting from them

That is the best description of Faugheen's hurdling that you will ever read.
Report KIMBLE November 23, 2014 5:41 PM GMT
are there any other races after xmas that could be possible for him assuming the fly goes to leopardstown in jan?

im hoping the fly gets beat at xmas and they send him world hurdle
Report Can't Catch Me November 23, 2014 8:05 PM GMT
Probably the Deloitte I'd say.
Report cufcno1 November 23, 2014 10:01 PM GMT
Don't think hurricane fly is a novice after winning 20 group 1s
Report cufcno1 November 23, 2014 10:03 PM GMT
Sorry or faugheen
Report Can't Catch Me November 23, 2014 10:13 PM GMT
Good point Blush
Report Can't Catch Me November 23, 2014 10:14 PM GMT
What's the Group 1 run on the same day?
Report Can't Catch Me November 23, 2014 10:15 PM GMT
Actually, think it's the Dr PJ Moriarty Chase isn't it...
Report SoYouThink November 23, 2014 10:26 PM GMT
The Grade 1s open to Faugheen between now and Cheltenham are the Fighting Fifth, the Hattons Grace, the Christmas Hurdle, the Ryanair Hurdle and the Irish Champion Hurdle. The only one I can see him running in is the Christmas Hurdle. The rest are either too soon and will be avoided due to presence of Hurricane Fly. I reckon Faugheen runs in the Christmas Hurdle next followed by something like the Red Mills Hurdle or Boyne Hurdle in preparation for Cheltenham. He won't meet any of the other perceived big guns - The New One, Jezki or Hurricane Fly - until the big day I think.
Report Can't Catch Me November 23, 2014 10:28 PM GMT
Reckon you're spot on. Red Mills was the one I was thinking of. Boyne might be one for Annie Power.
Report duffy November 23, 2014 11:51 PM GMT
They've shown a willing to come over here for a trial, they may run faugheen in the kingwell.
Report Wicketd November 24, 2014 12:06 AM GMT
those knocking the form of the ascot hurdle are just clutching at straws as far as im concerned.

the second was the least exposed and had only suffered defeat to another unbeaten horse, a very good one at that Grin

the third won a grade 1 at aintree, albeit it might not have been strong, but hed was easily dispatched by the front two.

faugheen will obviously come on for it, he was ridden with extreme confidence and given a very easy race.

there is nothing to suggest he isn't the complete package. tno, jezi have achieved more on ratings yes, but this is faugheens chance to match or raise that form, and i think that amount of improvement is entirely reasonable to expect.
Report Tucho November 24, 2014 2:48 AM GMT
SoYouThink, I still think The New One could turn up at Kempton on Boxing Day and maybe put off Faugheen.

Twiston-Davies said he's definitely going to Cheltenham in 3 weeks time, but he had an easy race on Saturday and if he gets another easy race then he surely couldn't turn down the prize money at Kempton? The British trained 2 mile hurdlers look poor.

Is 3 races in 5 weeks pushing it for TNO?
Report wellchief November 24, 2014 4:53 PM GMT
I'd love to see Simonsig come back over hurdles and have a crack at the Champion Hurdle, a lot better than the Ryanair if they don't want to take Sprinter on.

I think he's got more than enough speed to win one, and just as, and if not more impressive than Faugheen in their respective Neptunes.

Anyways, won't happen, but just a thought.
Report buddeliea November 26, 2014 5:55 PM GMT
yep, would have won the CH imo had they not gone chasing, and still could win one if hes back ok.

As you say though Chief,it wont happen.
Report buddeliea November 26, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
As for Faugheen, he did exactly what I expected of him on Saturday,and I would have thought pretty much what anyone would have expected.
His test will be when he has to jump against the top CH horses,till then we just don't know.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now