Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
14 Nov 11 01:43
| Topic/replies: 14,331 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Grands Crus on Friday ???
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The BEST HORSE race (you saw run)...
Show More
Report sageform December 17, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
Value at Risk certainly impressive but why would he beat Shaneshill or Silver Concorde who both beat him in Ireland?
Report gutfeeling December 17, 2014 7:13 PM GMT
Best I see run was The New One.
Most promising was No More Heroes and Peace & Co.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 21, 2015 6:43 PM GMT
Fine Theatre...Fine performance by Joncol bro' Theatre...

"You can't beat breeding. For a King's Theatre he handled the ground very well and he jumps better than (half-brother) Fine Article.
He jumped very well for a horse first time with no point-to-point experience.
He looks like a nice horse for the boys again. Mikey was very impressed with him there.
I made a bit of a mistake. I was standing at the last with Gordon Elliott and gave a shout at Mikey. He thought there was something coming at him so hit him three or four so that was my fault!.
He's a nice horse, by the right sire. The whole family showed they liked soft ground no matter what the sire.
He handles heavy ground very well and has a fair knee action.
We'll definitely stick to that with him but we have no plans at the moment" - Paul Nolan, trainer.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 6, 2015 7:14 PM GMT
After Keen Leader puts us right in DIV 1 today.....another one of Chemical Nicky's... OK CORRAL... has a very bright future

(and is also well related - €90,000 3-y-o, Mahler gelding. Dam, winning pointer, sister to very smart hurdler/top-class chaser TIDAL BAY).

...and more signs of a victory to come tomara with an "unknown quantity" in the 4.40 ALTIOR.

"He won a summer bumper with his head in his chest but he’s better than that grade.
This will be the first time I’ve sat on him when he takes in the listed bumper but his work has been very good indeed and all the right people at Seven Barrows have been telling me that he’s a horse with a very bright future".
Report Makybe_Diva February 15, 2015 10:08 AM GMT
Top Notch Love
Report sageform February 15, 2015 12:25 PM GMT
It is very hard to predict the value of a bumper but Wait For Me (Ascot 4.50) could be anything. I backed it but after 4 furlongs he looked a long striding, backward, frame of a horse that would be swamped by something with speed in the straight. Instead, he just kept galloping and left them all behind without having a hard race.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2015 5:35 PM GMT
Time to Call The Cops if Chemical Nick wins the Pertemps Devil
Report delsie777 February 28, 2015 5:38 PM GMT
Or the Coral Cup?
Report deepingfox February 28, 2015 5:51 PM GMT
CALL THE COPS today, and to run in CORAL CUP at Chelters
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
YORKHILL yet another one just off the Wylie/Mullins conveyor belt...Cheltenham will have to wait for another year for this 5yo Presenting.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2015 5:45 PM GMT
DEEP / DELSIE,

Time to Call The Cops if Chemical Nick wins the Pertemps
Report grumpyjim March 7, 2015 6:38 PM GMT
2-15 at wolves SOVEREIGN DEBT .. Joe Fanning  FOR  DAVID  NICHOLLS   . LINCOLN NEXT ..?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 13, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
Been a great week with DOUVAN, UN DE SCEAUX, FAUGHEEN, WINDSOR PARK, DON POLI, MOON RACER, VAUTOUR, PEACE AND CO and ON THE FRINGE all impressive
Report ACStafford March 13, 2015 11:16 PM GMT
Vautour
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 1, 2015 10:09 PM GMT
TellTheKing • November 30, 2015 5:30 PM GMT 
NO MORE HEROES.....still has it to prove in a real melting pot race such as the RSA. I'd be willing to give him the benefit that the couple of below par runs over hurdles can be excused due to immaturity / sickness and he has now matured into a proper horse. In fairness he had a huge frame to fill. He also has the benefit of being with a proper Grade One chase trainer in Elliot (I think it's all but one of his dozen grade one successes have been over fences).
mincer11 • November 30, 2015 5:49 PM GMT 
No More Heroes is a proper horse, absolutely no doubt about it. The faster the ground the more vulnerable he maybe so  Cheltenham might be where he doesnt show himself in a really good light. Good ground is surely a worry, he looks a fine big horse who appreciates soft and even worse.
He should have won the Albert Bartlett last year, got the worst ride of the meeting bar none. Theres no way any other top jockey would have got beaten on it, and theres no way any other top jockey would have been blackguarded the way Cooper was.
Report sageform December 2, 2015 12:12 PM GMT
Smad Place by a country mile.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 3, 2015 10:51 PM GMT
Indeed.
Report Makybe_Diva December 5, 2015 4:13 PM GMT
Ar Mad Love
Report Can't Catch Me December 5, 2015 4:18 PM GMT
I thought that was some performance by Don Poli against a race fit Many Clouds.
Report sageform December 5, 2015 6:53 PM GMT
Don't forget that Many Clouds was giving him 5lb and that Many Clouds was lapped in the Gold Cup.
Report buddeliea December 5, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
yeh,I was not that impressed with DP to be honest,but he is an improver and he does keep going.
He would need to be a fair bit better to trouble this Gold cup field.......I imagine he will be better come March though.
Bowles gone 4,sLaugh
Report buddeliea December 5, 2015 8:31 PM GMT
boyles
Report sageform December 6, 2015 6:39 AM GMT
Not the best performance of the weekend but I had backed Bertie Boru e/w in the last at Sandown and for most of the race expected him to end up tailed off or pulled up. He was among the last few and made at least 2 really stopping mistakes that knocked him back when he had passed a few. Despite all that, he kept responding and finished fourth. Great trial for the Welsh National if he jumps better.
Report Swardean December 6, 2015 8:21 PM GMT
Djakadam was the horse to take for me this weekend.  Backed accordingly for Gold Cup
Report timtin December 7, 2015 12:48 AM GMT
Djakadam agree, great return unlike last year when Mullins hurried him up for the Hennessy with the low weight as the open secret but lacking proper fitness in November, like most of his horses at that time of year.
Report sageform December 7, 2015 10:57 AM GMT
And Djak was only 5 when he ran in the Hennessy. He should improve a lot for another year and the performance yesterday suggests he has.
Report ACStafford December 8, 2015 11:26 PM GMT
Djakadam was the best performance of the season so far imo.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 14, 2015 8:24 PM GMT
AVENIR D'UNE VIE
...well-backed, opening at 7/4 this morning before going from 4/5 to 8/11 on-course.
"He'll stay in bumpers. We'll try and find a winners race and then, if we can, find a third one before he goes novice hurdling next year.
"We thought he was top drawer with what he was doing at home."

Have a closer look at the 2nd (Nina on Delegate) and long way back 3rd - they were both 'all out' !
Report Can't Catch Me December 14, 2015 8:29 PM GMT
Backed this fella today and it was very impressive. But it did look a p1ss poor race, and even if Delegate was trying hard to beat his well backed fellow Gig horse, the form still amounts to very little imo.

One to follow for sure though.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 14, 2015 9:04 PM GMT
Agreed it may have been only a two horse race..."Elliott's Delegate set the standard on the back of his placed form in bumpers and a maiden hurdle. His fourth place in a Fairyhouse bumper to Identity Thief in November last year certainly catches the eye, as that horse won the Grade One Fighting Fifth Hurdle in Newcastle recently."

Not sure why they would want to win/run three bumpers with him ?????....(because they can !).
Report Can't Catch Me December 14, 2015 10:33 PM GMT
Just think that they not have been trying too hard to beat their other runner. That was a massive gamble!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 14, 2015 10:42 PM GMT
gamble ? may have has a lot of accums riding on it imvho
Report sageform December 15, 2015 7:23 PM GMT
Although Village Vic was impressive, I thought that Champagne West ran really well on his first start of the season.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 15, 2015 9:19 PM GMT
Big fan of Champagne West, think he can go onto to good things, might even be better over 3 miles in the future too. Looked a top prospect last season until he fell, glad to see him jump well on his return.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 30, 2016 6:09 PM GMT
ANYone see PRESENTING PERCY outgun odds on favourite Canelie (who was making her Irish debut after winning her last four French bumpers) by a couple of lengths in Galway's two mile maiden hurdle.
Report ReaseHeath October 30, 2016 8:53 PM GMT
Ah, I like this thread - not watched all the racing this w/e - the obvious one was Seeyouatmidnight today but we know all about him - I was also impressed with Cultivator at Ascot in the race won by Altior last year, not sure how strong this year's renewal was though.

Going back to Ibrahima's post above, I'm worried about Champagne West, not mentioned in Hobbs stable tour (although Brookhouse has form forn moving them around) and lost all confidence in his jumping at the end of last season. Does anybody know what's happening with him?
Report CustomCut October 30, 2016 10:16 PM GMT
Champagne West has been moved to Henry De Bromhead.
Report ReaseHeath October 30, 2016 10:43 PM GMT
interesting...thanks Custom Cut
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 1:47 PM GMT
BEL AMI DE SIVOLA
BEL AMI DE SIVOLA
BEL AMI DE SIVOLA
...5yo just pushed along and battled to win easily at Down Royal.....Jockey Sean Flanagan (for trainer Noel 'Best I ever Had' Meade) was mightily impressed.

Staying Chaser in the making (everything this year is just a bonus)...Will have his 'own thread' late next year Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 2:46 PM GMT
Bel Ami De Sivola is a lovely big horse. He was very impressive when winning a Punchestown bumper last time and will be a cracking staying chaser of the future, though hopefully he will win his fair share of hurdles before then, maybe starting here" - Bryan Cooper.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 1, 2016 10:20 PM GMT
A few at NAVAN last week
Report sageform December 2, 2016 6:59 AM GMT
Politologue is the most interesting new recruit to chasing that I have seen recently.
Report unclepuncle December 4, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Getabird at FairyhouseLove
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 12:52 AM GMT
BEL AMI DE SIVOLA
BEL AMI DE SIVOLA
BEL AMI DE SIVOLA

3 entries...can't wait !
Report sageform December 30, 2016 12:27 PM GMT
Not the weekend but Might Bite was impressive until what happened at the last. I was away from my TV at the time but had my biggest bet of the holiday in this one and was mortified to see the replay. Premier Bond from the same yard who followed Might Bite home in his previous race might be interesting next time.
Report sageform January 1, 2017 1:44 PM GMT
Premier Bond duly delivered at quite a generous price. On a literal interpretation of the form, he might have won the Feltham!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 1, 2017 3:43 PM GMT
Look like BEL AMI DE SIVOLA is set to run in Naas in the Lawlor's Hotel Novice H'dle Grade 1 of €90,000.00 (Formerly the Slaney Novice H´dle (Grade 2) of €37500.00 5-y-o plus 2m.4f.).
Report Quevega06 January 3, 2017 11:07 PM GMT
DD goes as well, Bel AMI will be fighting for a place at most . Mullins looks to have a decent hand also
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 15, 2017 2:16 PM BST
THAT TIME OF THE YEAR.......TO SPOT A FEW EARLY ONES COMING OUT
Report sageform October 16, 2017 12:24 PM BST
Gumball.
Report Can't Catch Me October 16, 2017 1:24 PM BST
Certainly got some engine but wasn't very impressed by his jumping. Thought Romain de Senam was very impressive. Still only 5 and fences could be the making of him. One to follow for me.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 16, 2017 3:08 PM BST
Mont Des Avaloirs will prove himself worthy of mention yet Devil
Report scooby91 October 21, 2017 10:41 PM BST
Bit late now but as I was unable to post.
If THE CAP FITS was very impressive in his novice hurdle, the form behind would look to be strong.   I would like to see him go left handed in the near future, but i exoect him to win again in the same fashion under a penalty
Report scooby91 October 21, 2017 10:44 PM BST
Stating the obvious both petit mouchoir and death duty were also very impressive, in there novice chases,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2017 11:04 PM BST
RAVENHILL ROAD - anyone see this 6yo lad rack up his 4-in-a-row - for Brian Ellison in Sedgefield today ???  a former pt winner for the Crawfords.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 30, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
ANY warrior type horse spotted in the last while ?
Report sageform November 7, 2017 3:02 PM GMT
Not a weekend but Politologue probably the classiest performance of the season so far. Good enough to pressurize the best in the QM.
Not a weekend but Politologue probably the classiest performance of the season so far. Good enough to pressurize the best in the QM.
sorry, not sure what happened there.
Report Jb23 November 8, 2017 11:34 AM GMT
Enjoy Politologue did you Sage?
Report sageform November 9, 2017 2:32 PM GMT
Yes. Smashing horse but I didn't intend to post it 4 timesExcited
Report sageform November 9, 2017 2:35 PM GMT
Still not a weekend but some nice prospects out today. Mias Storm and Cap Soleil look high class mares.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 9, 2017 10:49 PM GMT
BAMAKO MORIVIERE impressively dismissed his six rivals in a Grade 3 Novice Chase in Cork last Sunday - the Mullins trained French bred has beaten recent Down Royal winner Tombstone (in Fairyhouse). Ruby Walsh said afterwards: "He had plenty experience and had a win over two miles...He was much more confident today and who knows (if he can step up further in trip)." - up next is another 2m4f Nov Ch, the G1 Drinmore on Sun 3rd Dec back at Fairyhouse. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 17, 2017 8:46 PM GMT
Nicky Henderson's smart prospect ON THE BLIND SIDE (cost Mr AD Spence £205,000 at the Cheltenham Sales in February) proved himself to be one of England's leading novice hurdlers.
Report sageform November 17, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
Good effort but Poetic Rythym was giving him 6lb.
Report duffy November 19, 2017 2:21 PM GMT
Probably FaugheenGrin
Report sageform November 19, 2017 7:43 PM GMT
Probably right. Fox Norton also back in the running for the Tingle Creek and QM chase although Cloudy Dream is not in that class so he had to win today.
Report bluebirdfan November 20, 2017 9:54 AM GMT
Apples Shakira
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 26, 2017 3:58 PM GMT
AL BOUM PHOTO
WP Mullins has used the beginners Chase in Navan today to launch the chase careers of some of his biggest stars in recent years with the recent roll of honour including Vautour, Douvan and 12 months ago Min. AL BOUM PHOTO has a lot to live up to if he’s to reach those heights but showed plenty of ability today.

"He just made one mistake that I could see, and was doing his best work at the end. I think we will have to look at two and a half miles and, especially if the ground gets better three miles, as he has plenty of stamina. He's one to look forward to."
Report joevalue147 November 26, 2017 4:36 PM GMT
Samcro was the best horse on show this weekend by a country mile.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 26, 2017 5:47 PM GMT
‘One’ of the best for sure and deservedly has his own thread
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2017 8:30 PM GMT
REAL STEEL
Pierre Boulard purchased & French import REAL STEEL is I guess La Vraie Affaire!.....giving WPM a 5-in-a-row in the Cahir 4-y-o Maiden Hurdle
Mullins wasn’t giving too much away when he had him down as a ‘nice sort’ in his stable tour – R.S. was beaten a nose by Izzo (on very soft ground at Fontainebleau in March) and he has won three times since, including a Grade 3 at Auteuil.
Note WPM's other previous winners weren't too bad either - Riven Light 2/7Fav (Caulfield Cup 7th), Petit Mouchoir 1/5Fav (Champ Hdl 3rd and just won his beginners Chase in P/town on 18th Oct), Max Dynamite 5/4Fav (Melb Cup 3rd) & Lucky Bridle 1/1Fav.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2017 9:34 PM GMT
BUVEUR D'AIR.....'bout time he appeared on this thread says you Devil
Report duffy December 4, 2017 9:36 PM GMT
I think Death Duty.
Report unclepuncle December 6, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
Presenting Percy was very impressive off top weight in the handicap chase at Fairyhouse and is still a novice so eligible for the RSA - though not missed by the market. He looks a future Grand National winner to me if they decide to look after his mark instead of going for Grade 1's.

Some talk about him going for the National Hunt chase (over 4m) but unless I have got it wrong he will be way too high in the ratings (0-145) to qualify for that?
Besides same owner and trainer have Mall Dini (who was 4th to PP on Sunday) for that race imo.
Report sageform December 9, 2017 4:43 PM GMT
Politologue today very impressive apart from sweating up before the race. At a lower level, Chooseyourweapon is looking a very promising youngster as is Ainchea.
Report sageform December 10, 2017 3:21 PM GMT
Sizing John the superstar of the weekend.
Report duffy December 10, 2017 3:43 PM GMT
Sizing John was super impressive.
Report easygold December 10, 2017 4:33 PM GMT
UnclePaul: yeah mate the contest is not for only novices rated 0-145 so he can run in this event if he wishes.
Report Middle_Of_March December 11, 2017 11:04 PM GMT
Sizing John and Hollowgraphic both impressive winners
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 5:03 PM GMT
Next Destination (Ballymore) tia
Report easygold December 17, 2017 5:27 PM GMT
Please???
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 29, 2017 8:26 PM GMT
FABULOUS SAGA.....just for the manner of the win (we'll see how good he is later Devil )
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2018 2:29 PM GMT
unclepuncle • December 4, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Getabird at Fairyhouse
Report DontBeSakhee January 13, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
CCM. Couldn't agree more. V Impressive to my eye. Nabbed 8/1 any race at Cheltenham before, wish I'd taken some 16 for the Supreme!
Report sageform January 13, 2018 6:13 PM GMT
Getabird was good but Waiting Patiently was the most impressive horse seen today for me. Time will tell how good Mr. Whipped is.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 23, 2018 5:16 PM GMT
BONBON AU MIEL for WPM in the Beg Chase at Navan on Sat - “Bonbon Au Miel will be going up in trip rather than back, and may come back here next month for the (Grade 2 Ten Up) three-mile novice chase (February 18).” - (Wylie's also have Invitation Only) Devil
Report sageform January 27, 2018 3:11 PM GMT
Maria's Benefit so far.
Report jokersjow February 10, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
Altior was amazing QMCC winner here he comes! Saint Calvados will give Footpad a race now with that speed - thought he was brilliant today.
Report sageform February 10, 2018 4:23 PM GMT
No doubt Altior. Best horse seen on any weekend for years.
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 5:11 PM GMT
indeed happy with my even money bet to win champion chase
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 10, 2018 8:05 PM GMT
I was Newbury today, the way Altior quickened past him was incredible on that ground.

Nice to see Valdez back too.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 12:54 PM GMT
((((( ALTIOR )))))
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 12:56 PM GMT
...so far Tongue Out
Report unclepuncle March 14, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
unclepuncle
06 Dec 17 09:17

Presenting Percy was very impressive off top weight in the handicap chase at Fairyhouse and is still a novice so eligible for the RSA - though not missed by the market.

Sadly because he was only a best price 10/1 I didn't back him at the time.Cry
Report sageform March 14, 2018 4:38 PM GMT
Altior, Samcro and Presenting Percy would be my 3 against the rest for the future. Not quite convinced about Footpad.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 25, 2018 1:59 PM BST
The legend that is UN DE SCEAUX in the Champion Chase at Punchestown
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 10, 2018 11:19 PM BST
Catch Me ifyoucan • October 30, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
ANY warrior type horse spotted in the last while ?

SAXON againDevil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now