Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
14 Nov 11 01:43
| Topic/replies: 15,264 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Grands Crus on Friday ???
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The BEST HORSE race (you saw run)...
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 15, 2017 2:16 PM BST
THAT TIME OF THE YEAR.......TO SPOT A FEW EARLY ONES COMING OUT
Report sageform October 16, 2017 12:24 PM BST
Gumball.
Report Can't Catch Me October 16, 2017 1:24 PM BST
Certainly got some engine but wasn't very impressed by his jumping. Thought Romain de Senam was very impressive. Still only 5 and fences could be the making of him. One to follow for me.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 16, 2017 3:08 PM BST
Mont Des Avaloirs will prove himself worthy of mention yet Devil
Report scooby91 October 21, 2017 10:41 PM BST
Bit late now but as I was unable to post.
If THE CAP FITS was very impressive in his novice hurdle, the form behind would look to be strong.   I would like to see him go left handed in the near future, but i exoect him to win again in the same fashion under a penalty
Report scooby91 October 21, 2017 10:44 PM BST
Stating the obvious both petit mouchoir and death duty were also very impressive, in there novice chases,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2017 11:04 PM BST
RAVENHILL ROAD - anyone see this 6yo lad rack up his 4-in-a-row - for Brian Ellison in Sedgefield today ???  a former pt winner for the Crawfords.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 30, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
ANY warrior type horse spotted in the last while ?
Report sageform November 7, 2017 3:02 PM GMT
Not a weekend but Politologue probably the classiest performance of the season so far. Good enough to pressurize the best in the QM.
Not a weekend but Politologue probably the classiest performance of the season so far. Good enough to pressurize the best in the QM.
sorry, not sure what happened there.
Report Jb23 November 8, 2017 11:34 AM GMT
Enjoy Politologue did you Sage?
Report sageform November 9, 2017 2:32 PM GMT
Yes. Smashing horse but I didn't intend to post it 4 timesExcited
Report sageform November 9, 2017 2:35 PM GMT
Still not a weekend but some nice prospects out today. Mias Storm and Cap Soleil look high class mares.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 9, 2017 10:49 PM GMT
BAMAKO MORIVIERE impressively dismissed his six rivals in a Grade 3 Novice Chase in Cork last Sunday - the Mullins trained French bred has beaten recent Down Royal winner Tombstone (in Fairyhouse). Ruby Walsh said afterwards: "He had plenty experience and had a win over two miles...He was much more confident today and who knows (if he can step up further in trip)." - up next is another 2m4f Nov Ch, the G1 Drinmore on Sun 3rd Dec back at Fairyhouse. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 17, 2017 8:46 PM GMT
Nicky Henderson's smart prospect ON THE BLIND SIDE (cost Mr AD Spence £205,000 at the Cheltenham Sales in February) proved himself to be one of England's leading novice hurdlers.
Report sageform November 17, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
Good effort but Poetic Rythym was giving him 6lb.
Report duffy November 19, 2017 2:21 PM GMT
Probably FaugheenGrin
Report sageform November 19, 2017 7:43 PM GMT
Probably right. Fox Norton also back in the running for the Tingle Creek and QM chase although Cloudy Dream is not in that class so he had to win today.
Report bluebirdfan November 20, 2017 9:54 AM GMT
Apples Shakira
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 26, 2017 3:58 PM GMT
AL BOUM PHOTO
WP Mullins has used the beginners Chase in Navan today to launch the chase careers of some of his biggest stars in recent years with the recent roll of honour including Vautour, Douvan and 12 months ago Min. AL BOUM PHOTO has a lot to live up to if he’s to reach those heights but showed plenty of ability today.

"He just made one mistake that I could see, and was doing his best work at the end. I think we will have to look at two and a half miles and, especially if the ground gets better three miles, as he has plenty of stamina. He's one to look forward to."
Report joevalue147 November 26, 2017 4:36 PM GMT
Samcro was the best horse on show this weekend by a country mile.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 26, 2017 5:47 PM GMT
‘One’ of the best for sure and deservedly has his own thread
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2017 8:30 PM GMT
REAL STEEL
Pierre Boulard purchased & French import REAL STEEL is I guess La Vraie Affaire!.....giving WPM a 5-in-a-row in the Cahir 4-y-o Maiden Hurdle
Mullins wasn’t giving too much away when he had him down as a ‘nice sort’ in his stable tour – R.S. was beaten a nose by Izzo (on very soft ground at Fontainebleau in March) and he has won three times since, including a Grade 3 at Auteuil.
Note WPM's other previous winners weren't too bad either - Riven Light 2/7Fav (Caulfield Cup 7th), Petit Mouchoir 1/5Fav (Champ Hdl 3rd and just won his beginners Chase in P/town on 18th Oct), Max Dynamite 5/4Fav (Melb Cup 3rd) & Lucky Bridle 1/1Fav.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2017 9:34 PM GMT
BUVEUR D'AIR.....'bout time he appeared on this thread says you Devil
Report duffy December 4, 2017 9:36 PM GMT
I think Death Duty.
Report unclepuncle December 6, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
Presenting Percy was very impressive off top weight in the handicap chase at Fairyhouse and is still a novice so eligible for the RSA - though not missed by the market. He looks a future Grand National winner to me if they decide to look after his mark instead of going for Grade 1's.

Some talk about him going for the National Hunt chase (over 4m) but unless I have got it wrong he will be way too high in the ratings (0-145) to qualify for that?
Besides same owner and trainer have Mall Dini (who was 4th to PP on Sunday) for that race imo.
Report sageform December 9, 2017 4:43 PM GMT
Politologue today very impressive apart from sweating up before the race. At a lower level, Chooseyourweapon is looking a very promising youngster as is Ainchea.
Report sageform December 10, 2017 3:21 PM GMT
Sizing John the superstar of the weekend.
Report duffy December 10, 2017 3:43 PM GMT
Sizing John was super impressive.
Report easygold December 10, 2017 4:33 PM GMT
UnclePaul: yeah mate the contest is not for only novices rated 0-145 so he can run in this event if he wishes.
Report Middle_Of_March December 11, 2017 11:04 PM GMT
Sizing John and Hollowgraphic both impressive winners
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 17, 2017 5:03 PM GMT
Next Destination (Ballymore) tia
Report easygold December 17, 2017 5:27 PM GMT
Please???
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 29, 2017 8:26 PM GMT
FABULOUS SAGA.....just for the manner of the win (we'll see how good he is later Devil )
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2018 2:29 PM GMT
unclepuncle • December 4, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Getabird at Fairyhouse
Report DontBeSakhee January 13, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
CCM. Couldn't agree more. V Impressive to my eye. Nabbed 8/1 any race at Cheltenham before, wish I'd taken some 16 for the Supreme!
Report sageform January 13, 2018 6:13 PM GMT
Getabird was good but Waiting Patiently was the most impressive horse seen today for me. Time will tell how good Mr. Whipped is.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 23, 2018 5:16 PM GMT
BONBON AU MIEL for WPM in the Beg Chase at Navan on Sat - “Bonbon Au Miel will be going up in trip rather than back, and may come back here next month for the (Grade 2 Ten Up) three-mile novice chase (February 18).” - (Wylie's also have Invitation Only) Devil
Report sageform January 27, 2018 3:11 PM GMT
Maria's Benefit so far.
Report jokersjow February 10, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
Altior was amazing QMCC winner here he comes! Saint Calvados will give Footpad a race now with that speed - thought he was brilliant today.
Report sageform February 10, 2018 4:23 PM GMT
No doubt Altior. Best horse seen on any weekend for years.
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 5:11 PM GMT
indeed happy with my even money bet to win champion chase
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 10, 2018 8:05 PM GMT
I was Newbury today, the way Altior quickened past him was incredible on that ground.

Nice to see Valdez back too.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 12:54 PM GMT
((((( ALTIOR )))))
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 11, 2018 12:56 PM GMT
...so far Tongue Out
Report unclepuncle March 14, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
unclepuncle
06 Dec 17 09:17

Presenting Percy was very impressive off top weight in the handicap chase at Fairyhouse and is still a novice so eligible for the RSA - though not missed by the market.

Sadly because he was only a best price 10/1 I didn't back him at the time.Cry
Report sageform March 14, 2018 4:38 PM GMT
Altior, Samcro and Presenting Percy would be my 3 against the rest for the future. Not quite convinced about Footpad.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 25, 2018 1:59 PM BST
The legend that is UN DE SCEAUX in the Champion Chase at Punchestown
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 10, 2018 11:19 PM BST
Catch Me ifyoucan • October 30, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
ANY warrior type horse spotted in the last while ?

SAXON againDevil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 5, 2018 5:14 PM BST
BEAT THAT is back for Owner Michael Buckley & Nicky Henderson
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 17, 2018 6:05 PM BST
ZERO TEN in the 2m Maiden hurdle in Galway - for Trainer David J Mullins (and jockey (first cousin) Emmett Mullins) - noted, early days Devil
Report irishone September 24, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Was very impressed both times at ballybrit
Very strong horse
Dont know what he will be in at cheltenham
But will go in something only with willies knowledge and blessing
This is a fecking serious horse
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
((((( BLOW BY BLOW))))) won his Beginners Chase in Galway yesterday.

RSA winner (Gold Cup 2020) Devil
Report The Dragon October 29, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
went to cheltenham this weekend DNSISOS was very impressive won with plenty in hand
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2018 5:41 PM GMT
Who ?
Report The Dragon October 29, 2018 8:18 PM GMT
sorry DINONS
Report irishone October 29, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
PEARL OF THE WEST ....mares hurdle
Report irishone October 29, 2018 11:10 PM GMT
DORRELS PIERJI .....Also going mares hurdle
Report Hanx October 30, 2018 3:39 PM GMT
Was impressed with both Pearl of the West (very slick jumping and found plenty up the hill with some decent looking horses in behind) and also Dinons (thought this might have been going to the well once too often - far from it!)

Dunno if either are Festival material though
Report The Dragon October 30, 2018 5:45 PM GMT
both worth keeping an aye on thats for sure

gutted that sykes got beat by a short head at 25/1Cry
Report irishone October 30, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
You take a horse to tipp you know on the flat you gotta beat aiden
That novice hurdle earlier this month was some field
Josephs horse was expected to win
That was all about cheltenham material .....
Report Hanx October 31, 2018 9:24 AM GMT

Oct 30, 2018 -- 12:45PM, The Dragon wrote:

both worth keeping an aye on thats for suregutted that sykes got beat by a short head at 25/1

I was on Oighear Dubh in the Amateurs Chase on the Friday :(

Get this, I was also on Oscar Delta the year it dropped Jayne Mangan in similar circumstances in the Foxhunters.

Note to self: Don't punt in Amateur Rider 3m chases at Cheltenham!

Report shockster October 31, 2018 11:28 AM GMT
Stoney Mountain impressed me in the first race on Sunday at Aintree.  Keep him on side as he beat a 140 rated horse on his first attempt over hurdles.  The last 2 winners of this race were On The Blind Side & Robin Roe.
Report sageform October 31, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
plenty of promising runs by younger horses but surely Frodon was the best horse that ran last weekend (or even this season) by a country mile. He turned a high class chase into a procession and jumped for fun, ably assisted by Briony Frost. Not sure where he can go from here (Paddy Power GC?) or even the Ryanair.
Report The Dragon October 31, 2018 9:33 PM GMT
yes sage a fair point
Report irishone November 3, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
That horse that won the ascot bumper was class
Ran green
But once on the rail .....different gravy

EMITON
Report Quevega06 November 4, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
The best horse i seen last weekend was Delta Work trip alot shorter than he's used 2 and jumped like a natural
Report irishone November 4, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
Willie is lining them up for the bumper
Wil be interesting to see if he puts that 14length winner
At cork today away for a while
Report Outlaw1 November 4, 2018 10:51 PM GMT

Nov 4, 2018 -- 4:38PM, irishone wrote:

Willie is lining them up for the bumperWil be interesting to see if he puts that 14length winnerAt cork today away for a while

With her already being a 6yo she wont be there next March that's for sure.

Report irishone November 6, 2018 2:57 PM GMT
thanks outlaw what did you think of that performance ?
Report Outlaw1 November 6, 2018 8:34 PM GMT
Time wasn't bad on the clock but i'm never one to get overly excited by wide margin winners in Mares only events tbh, Quotes from Patricpost race reads as follows-

"She is very good. At home she doesn't show anything at all but on the track she just transforms. I've no doubt she's up to getting black-type. I'd have a question-mark against heavy ground but she has an awful lot of ability and will be going for black-type next time.

Make of that what you will but being 6 and wanting the above prob not see much of her after next time maybe?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 8, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
ROYAL ILLUSION.....made it two from two in style, as she blitzed her rivals in the last at Cork. (Punchestown last month) pushed clear to score easily by fourteen lengths from recent Wexford winner Owenacurra Lass (10/3).
The winning rider said afterwards: "She is very good. At home she doesn't show anything at all but on the track she just transforms; she is like the batmobile!
"She is one of the last King's Theatre's and it's great for Ballylinch to get a good one. I've no doubt she's up to getting black-type....we'll bring her back in the spring for Fairyhouse and Punchestown. I'd have a question mark against heavy ground but she has an awful lot of ability and will be going for black-type next time."
Report sageform November 11, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
Present Man for me from this weekend. Jumped great and won well. Only 8yo so could be a factor away from Wincanton. Eldorado Allen could be well above average at Sandown today.
Report sageform November 24, 2018 5:18 PM GMT
You would have to say Bristol de Mai today but can he reproduce it away from Haydock? Native River and Politologue ran well enough to win the GC and the Ryanair but Mr Hales may well try Politologue in the GC which will prove beyond him.
Report irishone November 24, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
T hat harse behinning with a z for hobbs at chepstow last wednesday zafranos or something similar , pi55ed in, hobbs likes a tilt at the supreme
Report unclepuncle November 25, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
^ Hobbs horse was called Zanza and was the stable third string at 16/1 in that race. Had previous.y been stuffed in a bumper.

Most exciting prospect I saw last week was Emitom, trained by Warren Greatrex, was hugely impressive on his hurdle debut at at Ffos Las on Friday, having won both his bumpers previously - looks a great prospect and would be half his current price of 33/1 for the Ballymore if he were at one if the big yards.

Another I put in the notebook a couple if weeks back was Honeysuckle, trained by Henry De Bromhead. Won on her rules debut in superb fashion and could take high rank in the mares races over the next few seasons.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 11, 2018 1:42 AM GMT
((((( ALTIOR ))))) makes the thread again Devil
Report Hanx December 11, 2018 7:49 AM GMT
Considering it was only her fourth run ever, including points, ALSA MIX looks to have a future (probably over further) after taking the Grade 2 Novice Hurdle at Sandown on Friday
Report sageform December 11, 2018 8:22 PM GMT
Has to be Altior followed by Charbel and among the novices, Bags Groove.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 11, 2018 10:58 PM GMT
"The target is to avoid Altior, wherever he goes we'll go in the opposite direction," were the somewhat tongue-in-cheek words of Ruby Walsh following Min's smooth John Durkan Chase success at Punchestown Sunday which summed upped another informative weekend.
Report irishone December 12, 2018 10:21 AM GMT

Nov 25, 2018 -- 1:36PM, unclepuncle wrote:

^ Hobbs horse was called Zanza and was the stable third string at 16/1 in that race. Had previous.y been stuffed in a bumper.Most exciting prospect I saw last week was Emitom, trained by Warren Greatrex, was hugely impressive on his hurdle debut at at Ffos Las on Friday, having won both his bumpers previously - looks a great prospect and would be half his current price of 33/1 for the Ballymore if he were at one if the big yards. Another I put in the notebook a couple if weeks back was Honeysuckle, trained by Henry De Bromhead. Won on her rules debut in superb fashion and could take high rank in the mares races over the next few seasons.

Snap

Report sageform December 15, 2018 3:37 PM GMT
Has to be Frodon this week. No hard luck stories behind and must go up to 172 now.
Report The Dragon December 16, 2018 12:05 PM GMT
yup i agree frodon for me highly impressive and will now go for the ryanair at cheltenham
Report unclepuncle December 16, 2018 2:40 PM GMT
Battleoverdoyen looks likes he might be this years Samcro - trouble is will it be Supreme or Ballymore.
Report irishone December 16, 2018 3:13 PM GMT
BATTLEOVERDOYEN, EASY GAME ,HES NO MOLLY will all be targeting Cheltenham
Report sageform December 31, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
Clan des Obeaux was the most impressive winner of the holiday period for me. Having backed Thistlecrack, I was getting very confident turning in and still didn't seriously consider the winner a threat but in the end he won easily and in another furlong would have won 6 lengths. However, I suspect that Thistlecrack will improve more between now and March.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2019 8:46 PM GMT
OK CORRAL (National Hunt Chase)

TOP NOTCH (Ryanair)
Report unclepuncle January 26, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
unclepuncle 25 Nov 18 19:36

Another I put in the notebook a couple if weeks back was Honeysuckle, trained by Henry De Bromhead. Won on her rules debut in superb fashion and could take high rank in the mares races over the next few seasons.

CoolCool
Report jokersjow February 6, 2019 2:07 PM GMT
Apples Jade looked good but what did it beat?

Min was solid. I'd say Ryanair because he's been hammered by Altior twice so no point doing that again.
Report impossible123 February 6, 2019 3:44 PM GMT
Sir Erec for me.
Report Makybe_Diva February 9, 2019 5:50 PM GMT
Band Of Outlaws Love
Report deepingfox February 9, 2019 11:08 PM GMT
Band of Outlaws
Report Fashion Fever February 10, 2019 12:53 PM GMT
could see this going off 2/1 for the FW
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 14, 2019 5:54 PM GMT
ALLAHO Akbar - 'God is Great'..... Long Live Ruby WinkDevil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2019 4:24 PM GMT
TIGER ROLL - What an incredible horse! The 9yo treble Cheltenham Festival winner (Triumph Hdle, National Hunt and Cross-Country Chase), and reigning Grand National champ, nonchalantly wins his prep race (Boyne Hurdle over 2m5f) that nobody thought he would! 25/1 - Racing TV. His 10th career success tackling recent Ladbroke Hurdle winner Off You Go and Willie Mullins' smart chaser Bachasson - Elliott “The plan is the cross-country race at Cheltenham and obviously the English National all being well".
Report Makybe_Diva February 17, 2019 7:04 PM GMT
Cyrname Love
Report Deptford February 17, 2019 7:53 PM GMT
Just watched Outlaws races, first race, not seen a dodgy jumper like that sine the Albanian refugee boat landed!!! Looked very good after
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com