Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Far From Trouble
16 Sep 11 16:55
| Topic/replies: 16,131 | Blogger: Far From Trouble's blog
Given the new today, might be appropriate to get the annually miserable thread started Sad

IMPERIAL COMMANDER - tendon injury

Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ***OFFICIAL WHO'S OUT FOR THE SEASON...
Show More
Report Makybe_Diva November 28, 2016 6:30 PM GMT
Le Reve is out until Spring. He is very lucky to be alive after the horrible incident at Cheltenham.

From Sporting Life....

"The eight-year-old is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering a stress fracture to his neck following a multiple horse pile-up in a Grade Three at Cheltenham earlier this month.

After unseating Nico de Boinville, who was left nursing a broken arm, at the second fence, Le Reve continued to gallop on riderless before getting trapped between the wings of the 12th fence.

Although leader Shotgun Paddy cleared the gelding, Cogry, Midnight Prayer and Racing Pulse were all brought down in the resulting melee, which saw Le Reve carried over the fence by the charging field.

Wadham said: "It was horrific. He had a bone scan at the end of last week and he has a stress fracture to the base of his neck. It is not displaced so it should heal. He is on box rest.

"He unseated Nico with a bad jump and he got trodden on and Le Reve continued round the whole course.

"He came down the hill in front of the field and he could not see the others as he had blinkers on. He started to pull himself up on the take off side of the fence and they took him over to the landing side.

"He took a hell of a battering. I did think he was dead and I couldn't believe he got up. He was hit by three horses and they carried him over the fence.

"He is lucky to be alive, but we are pretty hopeful for the long term. He won't be out until the spring at the earliest. The bet365 is what I was hoping to have him back for, but it is early days yet.

"Luckily he has got a great temperament and is being a good patient. We will X-ray him again in a few weeks."

Get well soon, Le Reve Love
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 28, 2016 10:24 PM GMT
Some good news, thought he was a gonner. Cheers MD.
Report shockster November 30, 2016 9:26 AM GMT
Stilletto was sadly lost at Newbury last Friday. Sad
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 14, 2016 10:37 AM GMT
Jollyallan has been retired.

Sorry if this has been posted before.
Report sageform December 18, 2016 8:20 AM GMT
Didn't look good for Edouard yesterday and So Fine pulled up quickly at Wincanton.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 1:15 AM GMT
Paterson92  • December 27, 2016 11:23 PM GMT 
"I'm hoping [i]Faugheen
will be back for the Irish Champion Hurdle. I don't want people to worry, he is in very good form." - Rich Ricci earlier today.[/i]

Hope he's not mentioned in bold capital letters on this thread again Devil
Report linc the sink December 29, 2016 12:32 PM GMT
Josies orders
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 31, 2016 8:45 PM GMT
SUNNI MAY.....has died of a heart attack.
Report sageform January 2, 2017 7:16 PM GMT
Robin Roe cracked knee.
Report Makybe_Diva January 7, 2017 3:39 PM GMT
Dynaste Love

Happily retired today.

This thread isn't always bad news Happy
Report Can't Catch Me January 9, 2017 12:44 PM GMT
Missy Tata is out for the season:

Simon Munir, who owns the mare with Isaac Souede, tweeted on Sunday night: "Unfortunately, Missy Tata's spectacular season has been curtailed by a suspensory injury fingers crossed she'll be back next season."
Report shockster January 11, 2017 10:48 AM GMT
Don Cossack Retired. Cracking Horse
Report Can't Catch Me January 11, 2017 10:51 AM GMT
Sad news.
Report Jb23 January 11, 2017 10:55 AM GMT
My initial thought was the same CCM, but then retiring him whilst they can is the right decision. Sad for racing but probably the right decision. Retiring as the highest rated chaser with your last race being a win in the Gold Cup is pretty cool.
Report Can't Catch Me January 11, 2017 11:20 AM GMT
Yes of course JB. Respect connections for taking the decision, just always sad to lose another of our top stars.
Report sageform January 13, 2017 12:34 PM GMT
Not sure if the Valseur Lido news is right but even if it is not, the recent spate of potential festival runners ruled out confirms my long held view that if you fancy any horse to win a festival race in November or December, you only have a 50% chance of that horse running in the race that you hope it will never mind winning. Even Altior and Cue Card might not run in the race you expect and how many backed Thistlecrack for the RSA? My only ante post bet at the moment is Might Bite for the RSA.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2017 10:46 PM GMT
ANNIE POWER....."She's definitely out of Cheltenham and whether she runs again this season, I don't know. We'd have to see the extent of it, but I'd probably say not. Normally when a horse gets an injury like that we give them a week or 10 days and then reassess and I think that's what we'll do. She's going to be a huge loss to us this season." WPM.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2017 10:51 PM GMT
L'ANTARTIQUE.....2007 Paddy Poor Gold Cup Winner formerly trained by Ferdy Murphy, the 17yo died in retirement of arthritis.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 January 29, 2017 11:04 AM GMT
MANY CLOUDS Cry

SO SADLY GONE BUT NEVER EVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN

CryCryCry
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 31, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
MANY CLOUDS.....Sadly the 10yo went out in a blaze of glory - 2015 Grand National Winner collapsed and died after narrowly beating Thistlecrack in the 2017 Cotswold Chase - Trained by Oliver Sherwood for Trevor Hemmings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCSF_SoPT4 ('Sleeping At Last' by Saturn).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 31, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
TENNIS CAP.....Pulled Up quickly after 4 out in Leopardstown - fatally injured - WPM.

THE CROW'S NEST.....Sadly reported RIP since race in Dundalk - Trainer Andrew McNamara.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 1, 2017 6:52 PM GMT
Any more falling by the way side
Report Jb23 March 10, 2017 12:53 PM GMT
Noel Meade's 2014 Albert Bartlett Winner - Very Wood has reportedly died.

Thoughts with Gigginstown. Been a tough year for them
Report sageform March 11, 2017 1:01 PM GMT
Don Poli misses Cheltenham.
Report DECALEC March 11, 2017 1:37 PM GMT
Finnians Oscar out
Report sageform March 12, 2017 10:21 AM GMT
Even worse fall out in the last month than usual. Anyone laying any horse below 10/1 at Xmas would have won more than half their bets already.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 27, 2017 11:11 PM BST
REVE DE SIVOLA.....sadly died at Kelso on Saturday.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 27, 2017 11:13 PM BST
Trainer Nick Williams says he and his team in total shock. He suspects the 12-year-old suffered a heart attack.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 27, 2017 11:16 PM BST
Danehill Dancer.....RIP. What a great sire - Sire of Choisir, Dancing Rain, Legatissimo, Mastercraftsman, Speciosa and Where Or When.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 27, 2017 11:23 PM BST
CONSUL DE THAIX.....heavy fall and fatal injury. 
CURRENT EVENT.....died after finishing 16th in Foxhunters.
HADRIANS APPROACH.....heavy fall and fatal injury.
TOE THE LINE.....Broke down in hurdle race.

All died in Cheltenham
Report wellchief June 2, 2017 8:12 AM BST
So gutted he fell when he was miles the best 2m chaser in 2007; he really did deserve to win one when you look down the list at some of those who did manage to win it.  Played his part in some epic 2m battles, and as it says below, a true golden era of 2m chasers.  His 2nd to Master Minded after almost 700 days off is still one of my favourite training performances, so fair play to Pipe on that one.

Well Chief has died at the age of 18 after suffering from colic at his former rider Timmy Murphy's farm in Gloucestershire. 

Well Chief carried the famous blue and emerald silks of the late David Johnson throughout his career in Britain, during which time he became one of the most popular chasers in training, earning recognition for his clashes with Moscow Flyer and Azertyuiop.

While the German-bred son of Night Shift often came off second or third best but he contributed to some of the most iconic battles of the mid-2000s, as well as winning an Arkle, beating Kicking King, a Celebration Chase, when thrashing Azertyuiop, and a Victor Chandler Chase under top weight.

Well Chief also overcame two separate layoffs – each of nearly two years – for leg issues, returning in 2009 to finish second to Master Minded in the Queen Mother Champion Chase on his first start for 698 days.

"He was part of a golden era when Moscow Flyer, himself and Azertyuiop were around," said David Pipe, who took over the licence at Pond House from father Martin halfway through Well Chief's first injury layoff. "The 2004 Tingle Creek is one of my favourite races, even though we didn’t win. It was a fantastic race to watch and it’s what steeplechasing is all about."

Pipe added: "He was a real character and just a very good horse. He was fragile and he wasn’t bought to be as good as he was but he could jump and had a big heart. He had the engine and ability to have won a Champion Chase and whenever he was running at his peak it was in very competitive eras. There would have been plenty Queen Mothers he may well have won but that's life."
Report wellchief June 2, 2017 12:39 PM BST
Doesn't get much better than this if you're a NH Racing fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17P9ipuJwSY

It was with great sadness yesterday that we learnt of the passing of one of our former greats, Well Chief at the age of 18.  He had been enjoying retirement with Timmy Murphy and another old Pond House favourite Vodka Bleu since he left the yard but unfortunately suffered a from a bout of colic from which he could not be saved.

The ever popular chestnut was one of the best, if not the best horse we have ever had at Pond House.  He ran 32 times, won 12 races and was placed a further 12 times and these were not just any races.  He won the 2004 Arkle beating subsequent Gold Cup winner Kicking King by 1 length on only his second start over fences.  He was runner up three times at the Cheltenham Festival in the Triumph hurdle and then twice in the Queen Mother Champion Chase.  He won two races on the flat in Germany before being bought by David Johnson.  He won his debut hurdle race in this country at Taunton and then went on to win a further two hurdle races, the Elite hurdle at Wincanton and the Adonis hurdle at Kempton.

He scaled even greater heights as a chaser.  After his win in the Arkle, other notable successes included carrying top weight to victory in the Victor Chandler chase when giving over a stone to all of his rivals.  The Celebration Chase at Sandown, the Game Spirit at Newbury and the Connaught Chase at Sandown which was his final success in November 2009 are also on his roll of honour.  This is not to mention his numerous placed efforts in all the top races.  One of the most memorable that stands out for us and probably all of racing is one of the greatest races of all time; this was his third place in the 2009 Tingle Creek when he did tremendous battle with the great Moscow Flyer and Azertyuiop all the way up the Sandown hill and all three were covered by less than 1½ lengths at the line.  If you have never seen this race it is well worth watching.

All of his achievements were despite his well-documented injury problems in which is legs have been described as ‘like glass’.  This only heightens the respect and love for this talented horse who was guided through his career by both Martin and latterly David.  He amassed more than £631,000 in prize money in a career which spanned eight years.  He truly was a remarkable horse on the racecourse if not a slightly quirky ride at home!  He was extremely kind natured and loved by everyone at Pond House.
Report duffy June 14, 2017 12:26 AM BST
Sad news indeed, great old warrior that thrilled us all, I'm going to have another look at that Tingle Creek.SadCool
Report duffy June 14, 2017 12:29 AM BST
Report Can't Catch Me August 21, 2017 2:54 PM BST
Neon Wolf has been fatally injured. Cruel for all connected to the horse Sad

Neon Wolf, last season's Neptune Novices' Hurdle runner-up at the Cheltenham Festival, has suffered a fatal injury, said trainer Harry Fry.

The six-year-old gelding could not be saved after a "freak accident in his stable".

The Dorset trainer told www.harryfryracing.com: "He had the potential to go right to the top and it is hard to come to terms with the fact that he has gone having suffered a complete laceration of his right hind-limb deep digital flexor tendon.

"It is a dreadful blow to his owners the Masterson family and all of the team here at Seaborough.

"We all shared such high hopes and dreams for Neon Wolf, who came tantalising close to success at this year's Cheltenham Festival in the Neptune Novices' Hurdle.

"A big, imposing fluent jumper who started his career in an Irish point-to-point, he was a horse who had everything you look for in a top-class racehorse.

"Very sadly he will not now get the chance to fulfil the promise he had shown us, he will be irreplaceable."
Report ashleigh October 5, 2017 12:36 PM BST
one for arthur out for the season with a tendon injury.Sad
Report shockster October 6, 2017 5:27 PM BST
Camping Ground died last month from colic. Sad
Report The Dragon October 7, 2017 8:38 AM BST
lets hope thios list stays a short one
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 8, 2017 2:06 PM BST
MEGA FORTUNE.....Drama at Limerick as long odds-on had a horror fall at the 2nd last when clear in the conditions hurdle - Grade 1 winning hurdler - suffered a fatal injury.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2017 8:52 PM BST
AMBERLEIGH HOUSE.....RIP from severe bout of Colic at 25yo - Ginger, Graham Lee, Aintree & 16/1 2004 Grand National winning HERO - jumped over 150 National fences.

IMPERIAL COMMANDER.....Trainer by Nigel Twiston Davies passed away in retirement of sudden heart attack at 16yo.

PAPILLON.....at 26yo, 10/1 2000 winner of the Aintree Grand National & 4th in 2001. RIP.

SEABASS.....Ted Walsh and Dunmore Gunner Syndicate's 14yo passed away in retirement - won 295K and 7-in-a-row before 3rd in Aintee G.N. 2012.

WELL CHIEF.....such a wonderful Chaser and an all time favourite of many and in particular David Johnson. R.I.P - remember those races with him, Moscow, Kicking King, Azertiuop.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2017 8:58 PM BST
PRESENTING.....27th August - The 25yo son of Mtoto was put down due to the infirmities of old age at the Cashman family's Rathbarry Stud National Hunt arm of Glenview Stud in Fermoy this week. He finished within the top six of the leading jumps sires by prize-money in Britain and Ireland in every season since 2005-06 and was crowned champion on four occasions. His popularity never waned in 20 years at the County Cork stud.
Denman is one of two Gold Cup heroes by Presenting, along with War Of Attrition, and the sire's other multiple Grade 1 winners include Dunguib, First Lieutenant, No More Heroes, Weapon's Amnesty and Yorkhill (sired 15 Grade 1 winners).
His son Ballabriggs landed the Grand National at Aintree in 2011 and three Irish Nationals with Niche Market, Rogue Angel & Thunder And Roses.
Daughters of Presenting have produced this year's Cheltenham Festival winners Might Bite and Presenting Percy as well as the top-notchers Beat That, Death Duty, Highland Lodge, Rathvinden and Somersby.
His lifetime stats with his jumps progeny read 1,306 wins from 5,797 runs, and prize-money earnings of £22.5 million.
Presenting was retired to Glenview Stud in 1997 and stood his first seasons there at chickenfeed fees but eventually worked his way up to a price of €12,000 – a big sum in jumps breeding terms but justifiable in his case – in 2011 and 2012. His progeny who have that natural aptitude for jumping will still be seen on the track for a long time yet, with 102 mares covered at Glenview in 2015 and 110 last year. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2017 9:00 PM BST
HEARTBREAK CITY.....winner of the Ebor made history on the Knavesmire by becoming the first horse since the great Sea Pigeon in 1979 allotted more than 9st 4lb to triumph in Europe’s richest Flat handicap, landed the Guinness Hurdle at the Galway Festival and then a short head 2nd in the Melbourne Cup is no longer with us - Tony Martin - a loss to the racing public and had the great owners too, owned by the Here For The Craic Partnership, a group of Irishmen headed by Boston-based Ray Shiels and joined after the Ebor success by Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock headed by Darren Dance - had to be put down after breaking a leg in a racecourse gallop at the Curragh in May. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2017 9:04 PM BST
BALDER SUCCES.....also Masterson Holdings Limited - rip - succumbed to a shoulder injury sustained in a fall in the Melling Chase.
BAILY CLOUD.....Trained by Mouse MORRIS for RA Scott has been reported as died.
BLACKTHORN PRINCE.....reported as died by Trainer E Bolger (previous with Jonjo O'Neill) for JP.

CAPTAIN FOREZ.....Dan Skelton has announced the sad loss of 5yo gelding owned by John Hales - 2nd to Finian's Oscar in the Grade 1 Mersey Nov Hdl at Aintree.

FORT WORTH.....8yo for Trainer Jonjo O'Neill sadly fatally injured in fall at Warwick.

KILDOWNET.....fell heavy and sadly reported as died in Tralee PTP for Trainer Adrian Maguire.

NEON WOLF.....Masterson Holdings Limited's hugely talented novice trained by Harry Fry suffered a fatal injury - was 2nd in Neptune to Willoughby Court. A real horse destined for the very looking and looking forward to as a Novice Chaser this season.

REVE DE SIVOLA.....Aged 12 PU, collapsed and died at Kelso - Trainer Nick Williams.

TURN OVER SIVOLA.....Trainer Gordon Elliot's 10yo pulled up injured in Down Royal and reported as died.

WHAT ANOTHER YEAR.....sadly fatally injured in fall in Tralee PTP for Trainer Colin Bowe.
Report jodean October 12, 2017 9:41 PM BST
?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2017 10:38 PM BST
ARTHURS OAK.....suffered a fatal fall at Chepstow for the Skelton team.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2017 10:46 PM BST
GIBSON PARK.....the 4yo is another one of Skelton's report as fatally injured after finishing 2nd in Nov Ch at Towcester
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2017 11:05 PM BST
GOLANTILLA.....cost Barry Connell €375,000 after a bumper win at Cork. RIP.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2017 11:22 PM BST
BLOOD CRAZWD TIGER.....Elliott/Gigginstown's 6yo has passed away. Showed lots of promise in his short career to suggest he'd be a nice chaser.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2017 11:22 PM BST
*CRAZED
Report ashleigh October 25, 2017 12:30 PM BST
Fayonagh broke a leg on the gallops this morning and had to be put down.Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2017 4:05 PM BST
FAYONAGH.....just the second mare to win the Weatherbys Champion Bumper - mare won five of her six races (4 bumpers) - in routine piece of work with Davy Russell at Gordon Elliott Skryne gallops when the accident occurred - broke a hind leg.

"Keith Donoghue rides her most days and has done all the schooling so a big thanks has to go to him. Davy gets the easy job just getting up and riding her in a race but Keith is after doing all the work on her. She's been pretty good (schooling) but until you go and see them do that on the track you never know - It's job done" - Gordon after winning her maiden hurdle race (sent to post a 2/13 shot) at Fairyhouse on Sat, 7th Oct.

After the Grade 1 Racing Post Champion Bumper at Punchestown (out of a half-sister to top race mare Solerina, the relative was really keeping the family name up in lights) - "She looks very good. We don't gallop her a lot at home as she's very buzzy. She does all her work on the track, said Elliott. "Jamie (Codd) bought her, he rode her and so big thanks have to go to him. We've schooled her at home and she's very good at jumping. I expect we'll put her away now and keep her to go jumping hurdles. If I have my way that's what she'll do anyway. She's fairly honest and she tries for you but she's a buzzy little thing. A summer's grass will do her the world of good."
Meanwhile Codd explained: "She won a bumper for Richie Rath (who said She's more a hurdler, She’s very like Fair Ina and Solerina) — a couple of Wexford lads owned her. She won at Naas and then she went to Tatts Cheltenham sale in December and the owners, Mark and Maura Gittens, asked me to pick out a filly for them. I think she cost about 64,000 and she's turning out cheap now I'd suppose. She's a very very good filly — there's no end to her. She's a relentless galloper and she has a little bit of a gear. When you have a good mare you want to keep a hold of her — she's exceptional. It's great for the Gittins and it's great for Gordon going forward next year. She could make into a nice novice hurdler for next year."
Paddy Power went 5/1 Fayonagh first show for the mares novice hurdle at Cheltenham 2018.

https://twitter.com/Jimbo_JumpsMan/status/923145358754091011
Report Ibrahima Sonko October 27, 2017 8:00 PM BST
Gutted, would had loved to see if she could had reached the top.

She looked very, very special.
Report The Dragon October 28, 2017 8:51 AM BST
terrible news
Report shockster October 28, 2017 2:56 PM BST
Daphne Du Clos & Constantine Bay will not run this season after slight injuries and will be save for next season. From Nicky Hendersons StanJames Column.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 29, 2017 1:34 PM GMT
shockster • October 28, 2017 3:04 PM BST
Petit Mouchoir has suffered a slight setback. H de Bromhead hopes to have him back for the Irish Arkle at the end of January.

We know where this is going...
Report sageform November 16, 2017 8:07 AM GMT
Altior having a wind operation and probably won't be ready until March.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 20, 2017 10:43 PM GMT
DON POLI.....Elliott outlining plans for his stable stars today delivered less palatable news regarding Grade One-winning chaser Don Poli, who is out for the season with a leg injury. The County Meath handler said: "It's unfortunate - just one of those things - but he hasn't much mileage and will definitely be back." Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 20, 2017 11:38 PM GMT
LONDON PRIZE.....RIP at Cheltenham on Sunday. The 6yo suffered a fatal fall in the Greatwood Hdl - won eight of his 21 starts across both codes, winning just under 200,000 pounds in prize-money, landing the Northumberland Vase at Newcastle before finishing second in last month's Cesarewitch at Newmarket.
Report shockster November 22, 2017 9:16 AM GMT
Great Field is out until the spring according to Willie Mullins Stable tour.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 22, 2017 11:23 PM GMT
Any news on Missy Tata's return this season ?
Report sageform November 27, 2017 8:02 PM GMT
Emerging Force out for the season.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 27, 2017 8:48 PM GMT
ANNAMIX.....Rich Ricci reveals on ATR that his novice hurdle prospect will miss the season due to pelvic injury.
Report sageform December 3, 2017 7:30 PM GMT
Coneygree going for tests on his wind so may not run again this season.
Report shockster December 7, 2017 9:53 AM GMT
Gayebury 147 rated Hurdler lost his life yesterday in his first novice chase. Very sad. Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2017 5:54 PM GMT
Can't Catch Me  • March 7, 2017 9:46 PM
.....Henderson tweeted: "DAPHNE DU CLOS has picked up a tiny problem which rules her out of the Cheltenham Bumper. It's a terrible shame but she'll be back next year."

shockster • October 28, 2017 2:56 PM BST
Daphne Du Clos & Constantine Bay will not run this season after slight injuries and will be save for next season. From Nicky Hendersons StanJames Column.

Any further news on a return ?
Report sageform December 17, 2017 9:44 AM GMT
I suppose we have to record the very sad loss of Starchitect on this thread. Breaking a leg on the flat is the worst way to lose a high class chaser. It brought back the memory of Martin Pipe losing 2 in that way on firm ground at the Festival back in the day.
Report Fabulous December 17, 2017 6:29 PM GMT
Douvan out for the season.
Report HaylingBilly December 17, 2017 8:11 PM GMT
Fabulous ......where did u get that from ?
Report Fabulous December 17, 2017 10:40 PM GMT
Sorry for late reply Billy, obviously news has broke now.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 18, 2017 9:57 AM GMT
Guitar Pete wins the Grade 3 Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Handicap Chase for Nicky Richards and Ryan Day, however the race is marred by a harrowing injury, after clear leader STARCHITECT tragically broke down approaching the second last with a horrific injury.
Heartbreaking and horrible to watch for all, especially the poor horse and all close connections – all in Pipe’s Yard, Scudamore and owners the Rooneys.
Racing can be so cruel at times. Thank fcuk I wasn’t looking.

Tom Scudamore, the rider of Starchitect, said, ‘I haven’t seen a replay of it and I’m not going to’ after his mount broke a hind leg in a freak accident with a false step on the flat up the home straight.
A distraught David Pipe paid tribute - "a real character in himself and it was going to be his day today".
Many Clouds and now Starchitect - two wonderful & brave horses meeting the same sad fate after great performances at Cheltenham in 2017.

The amount of tweets to bookies asking for a refund on Starchitect is actually disgusting - should be fcuken ashamed of yourselves.....incl Sammuel Dagna, BlackJack ketchum, Martin Viner & Christian James to name a few.
Report sageform December 31, 2017 7:14 AM GMT
Lessons in Milan sadly dies at Haydock yesterday.
Report Can't Catch Me January 7, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
Limini out for the season

Arctic Fire retired.
Report Can't Catch Me January 7, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
Jumps season that is, for Limini.
Report shockster January 8, 2018 2:03 PM GMT
Thistlecrack out with a small stress fracture. Sad
Report sageform January 8, 2018 2:11 PM GMT
One of my only 2 ante post bets for Cheltenham. Just hope Politologue gets there.
Report Can't Catch Me January 8, 2018 3:05 PM GMT
Not out for the whole season but Death Duty will miss Cheltenham.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 31, 2018 6:37 PM GMT
Whisper
Report unclepuncle February 9, 2018 2:58 PM GMT
Fountains Windfall - Dead.Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 6, 2018 5:50 PM GMT
"CRACKING SMART (6yo Grade2 winner and 2nd to Next Destination in Naas with Duc Des Genievres just 3L behind) had a setback so unfortunately he is out of the Albert Bartlett and will not run for the remainder of the season" - Gordon Elliott.

SCEAU ROYAL will miss the Arkle (7/1 shot). Alan King's 6yo - "It is just a little niggle, but it is enough to stop us" (taking him to Cheltenham).

These two join the Ben Pauling trained Willoughby Court (who now has Aintree is very much in mind) and If The Cap Fits a Supreme Novice fancy trained by Harry Fry, both owned by Paul & Clare Rooney.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 8, 2018 12:10 PM GMT
Hope that’s all for this year Devil
Report festivalfanatic March 8, 2018 12:16 PM GMT
Vinndication out for the season apparently.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 8, 2018 2:46 PM GMT
See where Vroum Vroum Mag has been retired from racing.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 12, 2018 8:04 AM GMT
On The Blind Side - Nicky Henderson revealed speaking at a preview night at Sandown racecourse, Henderson said: "On The Blind Side is not going to Cheltenham for the Ballymore. He is staying at home but I hope he will run again this season."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 12, 2018 8:26 AM GMT
"Dingo Dollar already out of the Ultima and The Unit out of the Close Brothers. It's also going to be too soft for Mia's Storm in the RSA." - Alan King
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 18, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
All at Cheltenham this week...Sad

North Hill Harvey.....Injured - Destroyed-
Dresden.....Fell - Injured - Destroyed-
Sandsend.....Broke Near Foreleg - Destroyed-
Some Plan.....Distracted by Loose Horse Fell - Fatally Injured-
Report To Base.....Fell - Fractured Neck - Dead-
Mossback.....Fell - Fractured Shoulder - Destroyed-
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 26, 2018 6:54 PM BST
Cause Of Causes.....ruled out for the season and misses Aintree National
Report Steamship March 26, 2018 10:08 PM BST
Allmyown died at Carlisle on Sunday, he had won earlier in the week at Wetherby and looked a promising chaser. Thoughts to all at Phil Kirby's yard.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 4, 2018 11:22 PM BST
Waiting Patiently.....Ruth Jefferson has been forced to rule out the unbeaten chaser, who beat Cue Card in a thrilling Grade One at Ascot in February. He has not suffered a career-threatening injury but it is enough to prevent him from heading to Aintree.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 4, 2018 11:25 PM BST
As De Mee.....Trainer Paul Nicholls "I'm disappointed to report that As De Mee is out of next week's Grand National after sustaining a minor leg injury".
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 3, 2018 11:51 PM BST
WHO are we expecting BACK THIS SEASON ?
Report shockster September 4, 2018 11:04 AM BST
Arctic Fire is already back from retirement.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2018 8:52 PM BST
Labaik, who won the 2017 Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, has been sidelined since finishing fourth in the Punchestown Champion Hurdle the following month and future plans remain up in the air. Elliott: “There’s been no decision yet. He’s just back in light work. There’s a few things to be sorted out there yet.”

Death Duty, a Grade One winner over hurdles and fences, missed the second half of last season and has not yet returned to training.
“Death Duty is still not back in. He got a bit of a setback last year,” said Elliott. “We might have him for the second half of the season, but there’s no big panic with him.”
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 9, 2018 12:37 AM BST
ELGIN.....ofts. ('off for the year' - Alan King)

YANWORTH.....'may get him back for the second half of the year' - Alan King

.....but positive bulletins from King on Cheltenham-bound pair Sceau Royal (takes on Altior in 2m Cheltenham - might be a Champion Chaser) and Redicean (straight to Cheltenham Oct meeting for 4yo hurdle - summered well). Also potential star Deyrann De Carjac (Novice - like him a lot).
Report sageform October 14, 2018 4:18 PM BST
Poetic Rhythm pulled up sharply yesterday. Any news?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 15, 2018 1:51 AM BST
Grade 1 hurdles winner Poetic Rhythm - The Veterinary Officer reported that POETIC RHYTHM (IRE), which was pulled up, had struck into itself and lost its left fore shoe.

YesNoWaitSorries horse racing Syndicate - "Thanks for the messages. Poetic Rhythm is ok after being pulled up".
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 16, 2018 9:36 PM BST
HIDDEN CYCLONE.....Happy retirement (13yo bowed out 3rd at Punchestown this afternoon with 15 wins).

HOLLOWGRAPHIC.....a promising bumper horse with WPM (for Ballylinch Stud) suffered a fatal bout of colic.
6yo f Royal Illusion was a bumper winner for exact same team at P/stown today. "We may put her away for next year" - WPM.

RAPID ESCAPE.....Elliott's Listed Future Champions Bumper winner also died from colic.
Report Can't Catch Me October 16, 2018 9:38 PM BST
Jesus. Two big horses gone for Willie there Sad
Report Can't Catch Me October 16, 2018 9:59 PM BST
Sorry meant to say two big horses gone there
Report sageform October 17, 2018 7:16 PM BST
Thanks for the update on Poetic Rhythm.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 17, 2018 10:45 PM BST
TOMMYTUCKER.....out for the season TheFear • October 17, 2018 2:08 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now