Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Des Pond
19 Jan 18 19:06
| Topic/replies: 9,591 | Blogger: Des Pond's blog
It's been a long wait, but the first big fight card of the year is nearly upon us. The bad news is that there's not much to get excited about betting wise. Nevertheless, we should see some good fights. The highly rated welterweight Spence Jnr is finally back in the ring nearly 8 months after his impressive win against Kell Brook. This time it's against Lamont Peterson, who has been out of action for almost a year. Peterson is a tough and highly experienced fighter who can hopefully give Spence a decent contest for at least the first few rounds. I expect Spence Jnr to win, but there's no value in backing him at 1.06. If you want to bet on this then 2/5 is available for Spence to win by stoppage. I think that this will happen, but it's still not great value. Maybe round betting is the way to go (I would go for about rounds 9 or 10), but it's obviously hard to predict and it's a bit of a shot in the dark.
Slightly better odds are available on Robert Easter jnr who should have too much for Javier Fortuna at lightweight. The best fight of the night, imo, is likely to be unbeaten light-Heavyweight Marcus Browne against the tough and game Congolese-Canadian Francy Ntetu, who was on the wrong end of a controversial stoppage against heavy-handed David Benavidez last summer. Browne is very promising fighter with a big punch, and I expect him to stop Ntetu after a tough battle.
The best bet of the night might be at Heavyweight where unbeaten Pole Adam Kownacki takes on the quick, but rather slight Georgian Iago Kiladze. Kownacki is available at 2/9 for the win, but I can't find a "method" market, which is a pity because I think Kownacki will knock Kiladeze out.
So, there it is, I can't see any upsets unfortunately, but it's great to have World Championship Boxing on again after a few weeks hiatus.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Eroll Spence Jnr v Lamont Peterson...
Show More
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 12:35 AM GMT
I can't find a "method" market, which is a pity because I think Kownacki will knock Kiladeze out.

And he did of course. Pity none of the layers had a market for the KO.
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 1:08 AM GMT
Marcus Browne up next at Light heavyweight. Browne is good, and I think he will beat Ntetu, but Ntetu could give him a decent fight.
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 1:10 AM GMT
Nobody watching? Is ther snooker on or something?
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 1:10 AM GMT
Ntetu down in the 1st
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 1:12 AM GMT
Over. Impressive from marcus Browne. Light heavy is a terrific division at the moment.
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 1:13 AM GMT
Thought Ntetu would be harder to stop than that, but I'll take it. :)
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 2:42 AM GMT
Easter Jnr will probably win, but he's been unimpressive so far.
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 3:09 AM GMT
Good show from Fortuna, but I think he'll get robbed here.
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 3:44 AM GMT
Had a bet on Spence Jnr 9th round or later, just below evens
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 3:56 AM GMT
Peterson down
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 4:00 AM GMT
6th round, Peterson still there, but writing on wall.
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 4:10 AM GMT
Peterson pulled out by corner at end of 7th Round. Very good performance from Spence Jnr.
Report wisewords January 21, 2018 4:43 AM GMT
very busy with Aussie Open tennis this week Des, missed this boxing. will be around for upcoming events!
Report wisewords January 21, 2018 4:43 AM GMT
and good write up!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 21, 2018 9:58 AM GMT
Spence Jnr is a fantastic boxer
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 4:09 PM GMT
Cheers, wise. Hope you are winning on the tennis. :)
Report Des Pond January 21, 2018 4:13 PM GMT
| Topic/replies: 16,765 | Blogger: p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y's blog
Spence Jnr is a fantastic boxer

Yes, he is pretty special. Hope the fights with Thurmann and Crawford can be made,
Report Callisto-moon January 22, 2018 9:29 AM GMT
great write up des.
looks like a decent year of fights.
Report Des Pond January 22, 2018 7:48 PM GMT
Thanks, callisto. :)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now